Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,917 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme - Jobs/Vacancies (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme (810244 Views)

2019 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Recruitment - Assessment Centre Notification / Recruitment For FirstBank Graduate Trainee Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nchabuomo: 4:47pm On Jun 16, 2017
Seems there is AC scheduled for Friday the 23rd
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Ayo12345(m): 4:54pm On Jun 16, 2017
Nchabuomo:
Seems there is AC scheduled for Friday the 23rd
Has anybody received a mail for AC, apart from 17th of June date?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Scented(f): 5:35pm On Jun 16, 2017
mayoor15:
*Chai, Much dust in d building*,

Don't know why you guys are going fighting over salary for a job u never get, why not search first bank salary on Google, it will give you hints enough to make you decisions and BTW, who doesn't know that only GTB, DIAMOND and ACCESS pays above 200k for entry level, other banks pays between 140-180, put your mind @ 140 after tax and other deductions, many of us will understand when we get some of these jobs that you don't just come online and state your salary when you are still signed to the organisation, we've overblown the fact that this is a faceless forum, but who told you organisations can't find out d person under each moniker, let just face d real business, success to those having their AC tomorrow.

*sweeps my way out of the thread*

Please enough of this salary issue because the reasons you are giving to back up your claim sound so lame and meaningless, did i hear you say "many of us will understand when we get some of these jobs that you don't just come online and state your salary when you are still signed to the organisation"? i cant stop laughing here. grin

so an organisation would be jobless enough to use productive time to go online to search for the details of Nairaland members to pinpoint which of their staff it is, so as to sack or query him/her? for committing 'telling your salary' fraud right? ...how ridiculous!

and you are telling me there is a place to be signed anyplace in a letter of employment that states you are not to tell anyone your salary right? so those that tell their wives,husbands,siblings,parents,friends,pastors, etc their salaries deserve to be sacked or quarried right? oh wait a minute, maybe it stated that you can tell those people i mentioned but you shouldn't state it on Nairaland, it was categorically stated that way in the employment letter right? how ridiculous!

let me tell you why we tend to make salary something of a mystery here in Nigeria,there are 3 reasons. One- because the low earners love to live fake lives and dont want people to be aware of their meager pay, and two- because the high earners dont want people to know their financial strength so no one can ask them for financial help, and three- because when Nigerians are employed they wanna rub it in the face of the unemployed and sound cocky enough so they want to put you on a wild goose chase finding details about joining the employed league which they hope you dont join.

our mentality in this country is something else, we do alot of 'forming' and yet we are no where as compared to other countries, our way of thinking is the reason why we are not developed yet, i hope that our new set of youth would reason like 21st century citizens and act like such and drop this archaic type of reasoning that some of us have.

20 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by jmanity: 5:40pm On Jun 16, 2017
Ayo12345:

Yes 24th and everyone will be having their AC in Lagos cos I wrote my test in Jos.

Pls enough of the salary issue!....
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nchabuomo: 5:48pm On Jun 16, 2017
Ayo12345:

Yea 23rd
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 16, 2017
I don't see any reason why people keep dragging the Salary issue,since no one can give an exact figure. We should just let it slide and focus on the task at hand, which is AC. Good luck to those having theirs tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mayoor15(m): 6:02pm On Jun 16, 2017
Scented:

Please enough of this salary issue because the reasons you are giving to back up your claim sound so lame and meaningless, did i hear you say "many of us will understand when we get some of these jobs that you don't just come online and state your salary when you are still signed to the organisation"? i cant stop laughing here. grin

so an organisation would be jobless enough to use productive time to go online to search for the details of Nairaland members to pinpoint which of their staff it is, so as to sack or query him/her? for committing 'telling your salary' fraud right? ...how ridiculous!

and you are telling me there is a place to be signed anyplace in a letter of employment that states you are not to tell anyone your salary right? so those that tell their wives,husbands,siblings,parents,friends,pastors, etc their salaries deserve to be sacked or quarried right? oh wait a minute, maybe it stated that you can tell those people i mentioned but you shouldn't state it on Nairaland, it was categorically stated that way in the employment letter right? how ridiculous!

let me tell you why we tend to make salary something of a mystery here in Nigeria,there are 3 reasons. One- because the low earners love to live fake lives and dont want people to be aware of their meager pay, and two- because the high earners dont want people to know their financial strength so no one can ask them for financial help, and three- because when Nigerians are employed they wanna rub it in the face of the unemployed and sound cocky enough so they want to put you on a wild goose chase finding details about joining the employed league which they hope you dont join.

our mentality in this country is something else, we do alot of 'forming' and yet we are no where as compared to other countries, our way of thinking is the reason why we are not developed yet, i hope that our new set of youth would reason like 21st century citizens and act like such and drop this archaic type of reasoning that some of us have.
Come and beat me in my house then. When you get your own job, pick a megaphone and start broadcasting your salary. BTW, been signed to a company simply means you still work with them, madam I don't have your time... just chill out
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Princ3charming(m): 6:10pm On Jun 16, 2017
calm down guys, but its funny that those arguing in support of people who are secretive about giving exact range of salaries to online forums are not making any sense with their points, i have read for about 3 pages back and its just childish excuses i could see there. there is no justification pls, i see it as a Nigerian thing which we do and its bad and it needs to be stopped, the world has since gone past that type of childishness
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Scented(f): 6:12pm On Jun 16, 2017
mayoor15:
Come and beat me in my house then. When you get your own job, pick a megaphone and start broadcasting your salary. BTW, been signed to a company simply means you still work with them, madam I don't have your time... just chill out

So where does being signed to a company(still working with them) have a connection with meaning you are under oath or something not to give insight to someone concerning your exact salary structure? If the professional world sees salary structure as something to make a mystery of then why do hiring firms ask about your present salary when interviewing you for a position? why don't you mystify it there too? you guys state it there because its for your personal good and gain but when it comes to giving such information to help others you guys turn it to mystery because you feel you are not gaining from it. selfish self of folks who care about only themselves.

And hey, mayoor15 i have a job okay? so dont give me that "when you get your job" line, i have never made it an issue to state my salary to people who want to know for decision making purposes like job seekers. and also, when you get your job, take an oath of secrecy never to state your salary to any living soul, stamp the oath, take in and hide in the cave of primitiveness where you belong.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by philvirus: 6:48pm On Jun 16, 2017
What is all these U can speak English o...Just let it go guys. Someple here won't get the job it's guaranteed. So let's leave the animosity and help as many as possible. We should be dropping hints here on how to do well at AC and not all these unnecessary jabs.
Scented:

So where does being signed to a company(still working with them) have a connection with meaning you are under oath or something not to give insight to someone concerning your exact salary structure? If the professional world sees salary structure as something to make a mystery of then why do hiring firms ask about your present salary when interviewing you for a position? why don't you mystify it there too? you guys state it there because its for your personal good and gain but when it comes to giving such information to help others you guys turn it to mystery because you feel you are not gaining from it. selfish self of folks who care about only themselves.

And hey, mayoor15 i have a job okay? so dont give me that "why you get your job" line, i have never made it an issue to state my salary to people who want to know for decision making purposes like job seekers. and also, when you get your job, take an oath of secrecy never to state your salary to any living soul, stamp the oath, take in and hide in the cave of primitiveness where you belong.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Gaxx01(m): 7:00pm On Jun 16, 2017
jmanity:

Yes 24th and everyone will be having their AC in Lagos cos I wrote my test in Jos.

..bro will u be traveling from Jos ? Road or air Pls? Also do u have an accommodation already? I'm also from Jos, tryna figure out my movement
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Baldg: 7:10pm On Jun 16, 2017
jmanity:

When did you get your mail stating the date?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by adelawry(m): 7:18pm On Jun 16, 2017
pappyG:
Please how do i get to first academy from iyana ipaja?
Get to Oshodi, Then you either go through Yaba to Costain or you go through Orile to Iganmu /Nigeria Brewery. Either ways, the Academy is a walkable distance.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mayoor15(m): 7:23pm On Jun 16, 2017
Scented:

And hey, mayoor15 i have a job okay? so dont give me that "when you get your job" line, i have never made it an issue to state my salary to people who want to know for decision making purposes like job seekers. and also, when you get your job, take an oath of secrecy never to state your salary to any living soul, stamp the oath, take in and hide in the cave of primitiveness where you belong.
Your body dey hot anyhow, anyways, enough is enough of your wahala, please let those that have AC tomorrow take the floor, Success to guys having their AC tomorrow jare
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Asiri1991: 7:55pm On Jun 16, 2017
Ayo12345:

Yes. mine is scheduled for 24th June in Lagos.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Asiri1991: 7:59pm On Jun 16, 2017
Guys help me please. Do First Bank accept WAEC and NECO combination? I don't want to waste my transport to Lagos because I am coming from Abakaliki.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by philvirus: 8:30pm On Jun 16, 2017
Asiri1991:
Yes. mine is scheduled for 24th June in Lagos.
what time is stated in ur mail?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Asiri1991: 8:35pm On Jun 16, 2017
philvirus:
what time is stated in ur mail?
7:00 am
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by bartho77(m): 8:36pm On Jun 16, 2017
Training school is 43k for 3months...graduate trainee is 2.3m total package...120k monthly till you are confirmed ...when confirmed it will be reduced to 100k back office staff 90k marketing...the 20k on top would be added up to give you as upfront..den leave 200k..that's all you need to know as per their pay......There you have it, now will you guys please stop fighting and stay focused?

8 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by philvirus: 8:37pm On Jun 16, 2017
Asiri1991:
7:00 am
OK
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Asiri1991: 8:41pm On Jun 16, 2017
philvirus:
OK
Are you scheduled for 7:00 am too?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by philvirus: 8:48pm On Jun 16, 2017
Asiri1991:
Are you scheduled for 7:00 am too?
No. Haven't been scheduled yet. I asked cos one fellow here said his own is 1.30pm
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Asiri1991: 9:11pm On Jun 16, 2017
philvirus:

No. Haven't been scheduled yet. I asked cos one fellow here said his own is 1.30pm
Same day?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by jmanity: 9:47pm On Jun 16, 2017
Gaxx01:

..bro will u be traveling from Jos ? Road or air Pls? Also do u have an accommodation already? I'm also from Jos, tryna figure out my movement

Am actually coming in from Abuja, but wrote the test in Jos.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by jmanity: 9:49pm On Jun 16, 2017
Baldg:
When did you get your mail stating the date?
In the afternoon today.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by todyms: 12:34am On Jun 17, 2017
Please help on the update of nearby hotels
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by funobong(m): 2:46am On Jun 17, 2017
For those looking for hotels. You could look up hotels.ng. success in all your doings guys.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by ayo26(m): 6:22am On Jun 17, 2017
I wish you folks scheduled for today the best.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by pappyG: 6:22am On Jun 17, 2017
adelawry:
Get to Oshodi, Then you either go through Yaba to Costain or you go through Orile to Iganmu /Nigeria Brewery. Either ways, the Academy is a walkable distance.
Thanks
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by jmanity: 6:48am On Jun 17, 2017
If there is anyone that is having AC today that stayed in a nearby hotel, please do well to tell us the name of the hotel. Success to those having theirs today, Pls remember to relate your experience.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by izmercy(m): 7:42am On Jun 17, 2017
wish all having AC today God's mercy and favour...success

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (224) (Reply)

Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 / Nigeria Immigration Service Recruiting For 2013/2014 - How True? / Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.