Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination (48804 Views)

Usman Bugaje: "Nigeria's Oil Belongs To The North" (2014) / Why I Rejected Ambassadorial Nomination – Tallen / Pauline Tallen Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination Due To Her Sick Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination by ijustdey: 8:10pm On Oct 24, 2016
Usman Bugaje, an ambassadorial nominee from Kastina state, has turned down his appointment by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Bugaje is the second nominee to reject the offer, after Pauline Tallen, former deputy governor of Plateau state, turned it down as well.

While Tallen announced her decision to decline the appointment in public, Bugaje prevailed on by top government officials not to announce his rejection of the offer in the media.

Tallen had rejected her nomination on the grounds that there was no “proper consultation”. She had also explained that her decision was done in fairness to other parts of the state.

Speaking to state house correspondents after a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday, Simon Lalong, Plateau state governor, commended Tallen for her decision.

“Pauline is an astute politician from my state, and part of the issue we also raised was on some of the appointments that were made,” he said.

“So, all the states that had complaints are going to put it in writing and the president promised he is going to look into it.”

Regarding Tallen’s decision to reject the appointment, Lalong said: “Well, it is not only about her husband; I think is the dimension of plateau politics because I had already made complaints to Mr President that appointments should not be concentrated in one zone.

“And so, all these appointments came again from one zone, in that particular zone. So the complaints that are coming from our state is not about her own personal interest; it is the fact that two ambassadorial appointments are coming from the same zone.

“That is my zone. We had complained that the next appointment should go to the other zone, the central and the northern zone. And so when that appointment came, the kind of uproar that followed also necessitated an intervention.

“And I think as a matured politician she stepped down and sacrificed that for the people of Plateau. We are still working on a replacement for that. It is not a big issue but at times a little consultation would have solved that problem because these are issues in the interest of the state.

“You can’t have two appointments, very key appointments at that, coming from a particular zone that is already overloaded with appointments. All the federal appointments are from the southern zone, so it would not be fair. That is why we are approaching Mr. President to consider fairness and appoint people from those areas that do not have representation.”

https://www.thecable.ng/bugaje-another-ambassadorial-nominee-turns-buhari-down

1 Like

Re: Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination by Jokerman(m): 8:25pm On Oct 24, 2016
No one wants to work for a schizophrenic crooked failure....

Everything is going bad in Nigeria... no bread, no light.. all because of one dunce using anti-corruption schemes to deceive d gullibe...

Foolish old man..... mtcheeww... werey!

301 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination by tdbankplc: 8:28pm On Oct 24, 2016
Guy above me abeg easy ooooo

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination by Mujaheeeden: 8:33pm On Oct 24, 2016
Tinubu will be like Give me this Ambassador appointment make i leave this fake Change government

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination by biaframustcome: 8:34pm On Oct 24, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
People abandoning a sinking ship

129 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination by TheFreeOne: 8:40pm On Oct 24, 2016
This Buboo sef....causing division since 1983.

Suffice to say he's an author of confusion

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination by bennymark(m): 8:42pm On Oct 24, 2016
But why na.

8 Likes

Re: Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination by seunmsg(m): 8:43pm On Oct 24, 2016
Is it that the nominees were not interviewed or contacted at all before their names was forwarded to the senate or what?

19 Likes

Re: Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination by tinsel: 8:48pm On Oct 24, 2016
There is serious trouble in APC. If they fail to checkmate Buhari, APC will be dead by 2019. The point is i cannot understand his motive.

48 Likes

Re: Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination by TheFreeOne: 8:57pm On Oct 24, 2016
seunmsg:
Is it that the nominees were not interviewed or contacted at all before their names was forwarded to the senate or what?

Didn't you read the what plateau state governor said?

Buhari is entrenching divisive politics in plateau and other states across the country. He's gradually tearing the fabric of the nation apart as seen since his ascension to power.

112 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 24, 2016
A whole Katsina born dey reject his broda offergrin

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination by TopeQs: 9:35pm On Oct 24, 2016
hehehe kiss kiss
NOBODY angry , I REPEAT undecided , NOBODY WANTS TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH BACKWARDNESS lipsrsealed ...... angry angry

129 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination by gen2briz(m): 9:35pm On Oct 24, 2016
Nobody want to be in bad book records.

14 Likes

Re: Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination by veekid(m): 9:35pm On Oct 24, 2016
The guy would b like; Ehn; me? Follow buhari work? I'd rather die ........

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination by Chipappii(m): 9:36pm On Oct 24, 2016
Na lie, they are stylishly distancing themselves from failure and dullardy...

91 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination by Afrok(m): 9:36pm On Oct 24, 2016
Nobody wants to be part of the team that's breaking records NEGATIVELY undecided

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:37pm On Oct 24, 2016
No One wanna taint his futuristic career with an INCOMPETENT leader

grin grin grin grin

#I Stand With Senator Samuel Anyanwu 2019 for a better Imo State

18 Likes

Re: Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination by plaetton: 9:38pm On Oct 24, 2016
TheFreeOne:

Didn't you read the what plateau state governor said?

Buhari is entrenching divisive politics in plateau and other states across the country. He's gradually tearing the fabric of the nation apart as seen since his ascension to power.

Nothing could be truer.

17 Likes

Re: Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination by Miles300: 9:39pm On Oct 24, 2016
Jokerman:
No one wants to work for a schizophrenic crooked failure....

Everything is going bad in Nigeria... no bread, no light.. all because of one dunce using anti-corruption schemes to deceive d gullibe...

Foolish old man..... mtcheeww... werey!
I dey tell u , wen they arrest someone we all called them thieves without knowing wat transpired , we av courts if any is accused take dem to court for prosecution .. All this arrest up nd down is just to build momentum for Buhari that's his working so that he can have sometin to build on for nxt election ... Wat are they doing to arrest the economy that's affecting everyone ?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination by metorichmond(m): 9:39pm On Oct 24, 2016
Hmmmm, this is surprising. Nigerians rejecting appointment.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination by Fresia01(f): 9:41pm On Oct 24, 2016
See people turning Down jobs when me seF Need job.. God I dey ur hand

2 Likes

Re: Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination by kings09(m): 9:41pm On Oct 24, 2016
This one ppl r turning down appointments . Wetin de hapn.

Seunmsg, sarrki, madridguy, kyase, istandwithbuhar, n related zombies. Whr @ thou

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination by Young03(m): 9:42pm On Oct 24, 2016
good
Re: Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination by cokiek(f): 9:42pm On Oct 24, 2016
Who wants to associate with failure if not for greed

18 Likes

Re: Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination by chronique(m): 9:42pm On Oct 24, 2016
Sometimes, I wonder how people still manage to defend Buhari, seeing that he practically doesn't know how to do anything meaningful. He's been so much of a mess in just over 1 yr,both at home and abroad.

32 Likes

Re: Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination by dabbyz(f): 9:43pm On Oct 24, 2016
karma wicked o! AFEECEE YOU SEE YOUR LIFE? It's the clueless one that's now giving lectures up and down!

15 Likes

Re: Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination by Akinwerndey: 9:44pm On Oct 24, 2016
It is finished!!! Any one having hope in this government dey OYO!

20 Likes

Re: Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:45pm On Oct 24, 2016
This is serious. Expecting the unexpected.

2 Likes

Re: Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination by Kriztovar13(m): 9:46pm On Oct 24, 2016
Kiborokii

1 Like

Re: Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination by miqos02(m): 9:46pm On Oct 24, 2016
ok
Re: Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination by tranverse(m): 9:46pm On Oct 24, 2016
chaii ! grin
only gworo cheap for naija so tey person dey turn down big appointmen cus its from a 'burukutu sipping, gworo chewing certificateless rigger from a lying drunk and confused party 'APTHIEFS. grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination by Respect55(m): 9:46pm On Oct 24, 2016
They are simply following the footsteps of Bubu who has succeeded in turning everything in Naija upside down.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ritual Killings: Timaya Asks People To Be Careful With Friends / Dino Melaye And His 2 Sons Rock Stylish Super Eagles Jersey (Photo) / Muslims Attacked In Nsukka, Mosques Burnt By Mob In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.