Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,908 members, 7,817,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

I Was Elected President To Spread Wealth, Not Poverty- Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Elected President To Spread Wealth, Not Poverty- Jonathan (1590 Views)

Osinbajo: I Was Elected, So Why Should I Resign? / I Was Elected President To Spread Wealth, Not Poverty - GEJ / Stella Oduah Elected President Of ECOWAS Female Parliamentarians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Elected President To Spread Wealth, Not Poverty- Jonathan by Shaev7(m): 8:28am On Oct 25, 2016
Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan has,
Monday, said that he was never
elected as Nigeria’s president to
spread poverty but to generate and
spread wealth.
Former President Jonathan giving his
speech at Oxford
Jonathan who spoke at the Oxford
Union, with the theme ‘Fostering
Youth Entrepreneurship, and
succeeding US Secretary of State who
spoke at the same event in May this
year, said that only being
entrepreneurial can completely cure
poverty and not having a job or
working for someone.
“I once said that I was not elected
President of Nigeria to spread poverty;
I was elected to generate and spread
wealth.”
“My belief in this regard is that getting
a job or being a worker cannot
completely cure the disease of
poverty. It is only your own business
that can provide such security and
give you the financial freedom you
need to prosper.”
Dr. Jonathan, whose speech was
streamed live, rhetorically queried his
audience asking why some nations
are rich and others remain poor.
speech at Oxford
”Why are some nations rich and some
poor? Why do individuals that grow
up in similar circumstances end up
differently, with some as successes
and others as failures?”
“Is the wealth of nations a result of
geography, weather, culture, destiny,
etc.? What could a leader do to
effectively lift a people out of the
depths of poverty and enable them to
achieve prosperity?” asked Jonathan.
The former Nigerian leader talked
about youth entrepreneurship
programs his administration
pioneered, saying that one of them,
YouWIN, was a major plank of his job
creation efforts.
“The motivation for this program is
for young people to go into SMEs,
create jobs for other young people
with the expectation that some would
grow to large scale businesses” Dr.
Jonathan said.
He concluded his speech by giving a
short brief of his achievements in the
economic sphere, saying, “Under my
watch, Nigeria was projected by CNN
Money to be the third fastest growing
economy in the world for the year
2015 and rated as the largest
economy in Africa and the 23rd largest
in the world by the World Bank and
the IMF, with a GDP above half a
Trillion US dollars.”
Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan with
some students at Oxford
The speech was streamed live via Dr.
Jonathan’s Facebook page and will be
hosted on the Oxford Union’s site.
Previous speakers at the Oxford
Union include the late King of Pop,
Michael Jackson, Bangladeshi Prime
Minister Sheikh Hasina, author of 48
laws of power, Robert Greene, the
Dalai Lama, former British prime
ministers Winston Churchill, Edward
Heath, Margaret Thatcher and John
Major. Others were Mother Teresa
and former US presidents Richard
Nixon (November 1978), Jimmy
Carter, Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton.htt

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/elected-president-spread-wealth-not-poverty-jonathan/

cc: lalasticlacla, Seun
Mynd44

1 Like

Re: I Was Elected President To Spread Wealth, Not Poverty- Jonathan by talk2hb1(m): 8:37am On Oct 25, 2016
#LieStories
#HorrorStories

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Elected President To Spread Wealth, Not Poverty- Jonathan by talktonase(m): 8:45am On Oct 25, 2016
Jona mind yasef oh! Abi you allowed your friends and cronies to steal public funds.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Elected President To Spread Wealth, Not Poverty- Jonathan by divinehand2003(m): 8:47am On Oct 25, 2016
Which wealth did GEJ generate?
He only ended up wasting our excess crude account and our reserves.
He was a waster Of wealth and not a creator of wealth.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Elected President To Spread Wealth, Not Poverty- Jonathan by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 25, 2016
Come u beta stop abusing Jonathan, if u dont know anything abt what he did for d north...

Still they never appreciated it. Shame on dem... Poverty will remain their legacy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Elected President To Spread Wealth, Not Poverty- Jonathan by otitokoroleti: 8:49am On Oct 25, 2016
talktonase:
Jona mind yasef oh! Abi you allowed your friends and cronies to steal public funds.
thats not 100% true, GEJ is not perfect/saint but bubu is more corrupt than Jona. Have you asked yourself why bubu has never probed dambazzau & burantai? bubu fight against corruption is to decimate opposition & that was how he did in the 80s.
divinehand2003:
Which wealth did GEJ generate?
He only ended up wasting our excess crude account and our reserves.
He was a waster Of wealth and not a creator of wealth.
As per the excess crude account, I think you should accuse Amaechi & his gangs for taking FG to court just because GEJ refused to share money from the excess crude account.

BOTTOMLINE, ALL THE NOISE ABOUT FIGHT AGAINST CORRUPTION UNDER BUHARI ADMINISTRATION WAS TO KILL OPPOSITION & HE HAS FAILED.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Elected President To Spread Wealth, Not Poverty- Jonathan by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 25, 2016
Shaev7:
Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan has,
Monday, said that he was never
elected as Nigeria’s president to
spread poverty but to generate and
spread wealth.
speech at Oxford
Jonathan who spoke at the Oxford
Union, with the theme ‘Fostering
Youth Entrepreneurship, and
succeeding US Secretary of State who
spoke at the same event in May this
year, said that only being
entrepreneurial can completely cure
poverty and not having a job or
working for someone.
“I once said that I was not elected
President of Nigeria to spread poverty;
I was elected to generate and spread
wealth.”
“My belief in this regard is that getting
a job or being a worker cannot
completely cure the disease of
poverty. It is only your own business
that can provide such security and
give you the financial freedom you
need to prosper.”
Dr. Jonathan, whose speech was
streamed live, rhetorically queried his
audience asking why some nations
are rich and others remain poor.
speech at Oxford
”Why are some nations rich and some
poor? Why do individuals that grow
up in similar circumstances end up
differently, with some as successes
and others as failures?”
“Is the wealth of nations a result of
geography, weather, culture, destiny,
etc.? What could a leader do to
effectively lift a people out of the
depths of poverty and enable them to
achieve prosperity?” asked Jonathan.
The former Nigerian leader talked
about youth entrepreneurship
programs his administration
pioneered, saying that one of them,
YouWIN, was a major plank of his job
creation efforts.
“The motivation for this program is
for young people to go into SMEs,
create jobs for other young people
with the expectation that some would
grow to large scale businesses” Dr.
Jonathan said.
He concluded his speech by giving a
short brief of his achievements in the
economic sphere, saying, “Under my
watch, Nigeria was projected by CNN
Money to be the third fastest growing
economy in the world for the year
2015 and rated as the largest
economy in Africa and the 23rd largest
in the world by the World Bank and
the IMF, with a GDP above half a
Trillion US dollars.”
Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan with
some students at Oxford
The speech was streamed live via Dr.
Jonathan’s Facebook page and will be
hosted on the Oxford Union’s site.
Previous speakers at the Oxford
Union include the late King of Pop,
Michael Jackson, Bangladeshi Prime
Minister Sheikh Hasina, author of 48
laws of power, Robert Greene, the
Dalai Lama, former British prime
ministers Winston Churchill, Edward
Heath, Margaret Thatcher and John
Major. Others were Mother Teresa
and former US presidents Richard
Nixon (November 1978), Jimmy
Carter, Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton.htt

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/elected-president-spread-wealth-not-poverty-jonathan/

cc: lalasticlacla, Seun
Mynd44
No wonder there's much corruption under your govt. I blamed myself for casting my ballot for you in 2011. I thought being the first university graduate presidential candidate, you'd lead differently, but I was wrong. You can imagine if the wealth was spread legitimately, those trillions recovered would have generated employment to a sizeable number of Nigerian youths who constitute the largest part of our population. Your spread of wealth had led the country's economy into the state of coma it's found herself today. Amazingly, nobody found to be corrupt under your government had ever denied it. They ended up returning their looted money. Despite obanikoro's bragging, he ended up showing up in the EFCC's office willingly and has accepted to pay the huge sum he got to manipulate the Ekiti election. Fayose's case is a story for another day. He cannot escape justice.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Elected President To Spread Wealth, Not Poverty- Jonathan by rottennaija(m): 8:57am On Oct 25, 2016
Re: I Was Elected President To Spread Wealth, Not Poverty- Jonathan by SillyMods: 8:59am On Oct 25, 2016
It's official. The Ineffectual Buffoon has gone insane!

cool cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: I Was Elected President To Spread Wealth, Not Poverty- Jonathan by otitokoroleti: 9:00am On Oct 25, 2016
awelekiti:
No wonder there's much corruption under your govt. I blamed myself for casting my ballot for you in 2011. I thought being the first university graduate presidential candidate, you'd lead differently, but I was wrong. You can imagine if the wealth was spread legitimately, those trillions recovered would have generated employment to a sizeable number of Nigerian youths who constitute the largest part of our population. Your spread of wealth had led the country's economy into the state of coma it's found herself today. Amazingly, nobody found to be corrupt under your government had ever denied it. They ended up returning their looted money. Despite obanikoro's bragging, he ended up showing up in the EFCC's office willingly and has accepted to pay the huge sum he got to manipulate the Ekiti election. Fayose's case is a story for another day. He cannot escape justice.
what happened to the said recovered loot?
Re: I Was Elected President To Spread Wealth, Not Poverty- Jonathan by omenka(m): 9:07am On Oct 25, 2016
The picture below depicts how the decrepit Ineffectual Ogogoro Lout spread wealth among his "yoots", mostly TANOIDS...

2 Likes

Re: I Was Elected President To Spread Wealth, Not Poverty- Jonathan by divinehand2003(m): 9:08am On Oct 25, 2016
otitokoroleti:
thats not 100% true, GEJ is not perfect/saint but bubu is more corrupt than Jona. Have you asked yourself why bubu has never probed dambazzau & burantai? bubu fight against corruption is to decimate opposition & that was how he did in the 80s. As per the excess crude account, I think you should accuse Amaechi & his gangs for taking FG to court just because GEJ refused to share money from the excess crude account.

BOTTOMLINE, ALL THE NOISE ABOUT FIGHT AGAINST CORRUPTION UNDER BUHARI ADMINISTRATION WAS TO KILL OPPOSITION & HE HAS FAILED.

Why won't the governors clamour for the sharing of the excess crude account when Oga Jonathan and his croonies have already started emptying the ECA without following the due process?
Check your facts right.
During Jonathan's administration, the governors we shown, ''THE MORE YOU LOOK, THE LESS YOU SEE".

1 Like

Re: I Was Elected President To Spread Wealth, Not Poverty- Jonathan by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 25, 2016
buhari don suffer.
Re: I Was Elected President To Spread Wealth, Not Poverty- Jonathan by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 25, 2016
So you be MMM cheesy
Re: I Was Elected President To Spread Wealth, Not Poverty- Jonathan by mazifrankmore: 10:08am On Oct 25, 2016
I still remember jonathan's years when thing were better!

Our people where not dying of hunger

Petrol was cheap

Three square meal was never an achievement to parents unlike today.

What really changed between just one year this illiterate call buhari came to power is what I can't phantom!
Re: I Was Elected President To Spread Wealth, Not Poverty- Jonathan by DaGC(m): 10:36am On Oct 25, 2016
Its a catchy and powerful phrase if you ask me.
Re: I Was Elected President To Spread Wealth, Not Poverty- Jonathan by Funlordjnr: 10:39am On Oct 25, 2016
Spread wealth to whom exactly? Looters?

This mans stupidity seems to be factory fitted!

grin
Re: I Was Elected President To Spread Wealth, Not Poverty- Jonathan by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 25, 2016
Only people whose family benefited from this man's administration will come here and defend him. Nigerians have really suffered.
Re: I Was Elected President To Spread Wealth, Not Poverty- Jonathan by Ganiyat72(f): 10:46am On Oct 25, 2016
awelekiti:
^^^
This one zombiesm is raised to power of trillion, in his dellusion of grandeur he believed any loot was recovered. He however, refused to ask his robotic oblangatha why is the FG borrowing left and right to pay ordinarry salary, when trillions have'be recovered! It sucks to be u gullible zombies. You guys are pathetically pathetic.

1 Like

Re: I Was Elected President To Spread Wealth, Not Poverty- Jonathan by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 25, 2016
Yes yhu did by silently fighting corruption without making noise undecided cry angry
Re: I Was Elected President To Spread Wealth, Not Poverty- Jonathan by Ganiyat72(f): 11:11am On Oct 25, 2016
Funlordjnr:

Spread wealth to whom exactly? Looters?

This mans stupidity seems to be factory fitted!

grin
If anyone is stupid, then it is definitely those who elected an illiterate, certificateless, normadic and a relic like buhari to lead a country of 170+ million people in this jet age. A damned despot who his first stint was charactarised with hardship, suffering and scarcity. A fool who after 30+ years of leaving office can not bost of one NGO or company to his name nor improved himself academically.

1 Like

Re: I Was Elected President To Spread Wealth, Not Poverty- Jonathan by Abeymills(m): 11:16am On Oct 25, 2016
Well am not surprised 2hear d usual children of hate prosperity n progress abuse gud luck d great they are called zOmBi wat has mr fantastically corrupt president offered Nigerians?recession death poverty abuse of d rule of law abuse of human rights etc

1 Like

Re: I Was Elected President To Spread Wealth, Not Poverty- Jonathan by Funlordjnr: 12:00pm On Oct 25, 2016
Ganiyat72:

If anyone is stupid, then it is definitely those who elected an illiterate, certificateless, normadic and a relic like buhari to lead a country of 170+ million people in this jet age. A damned despot who his first stint was charactarised with hardship, suffering and scarcity. A fool who after 30+ years of leaving office can not bost of one NGO or company to his name nor improved himself academically.

My guy take your frustrations elsewhere and stop staining my mentions with all this regurgitated wailing nonsense!

I'm more interested in the senseless comments the former president made which holds no water and not whether you like pdp, apc or opp! I don't vote so its not my business how and why anyone got elected, I only observe from my vantage point!

If you like his comment say so, if you don't say so, I don't give a flying _fuck about how you feel about buhari because that is not the subject matter of this thread! Shalom!
Re: I Was Elected President To Spread Wealth, Not Poverty- Jonathan by Femmyfamous4u(m): 1:08pm On Oct 25, 2016
spread wealth? what effrontery in spiting anti-corruption crusade ? in saner climes, he ought to be behind bars than gallivanting about saying utter rubbish!
Re: I Was Elected President To Spread Wealth, Not Poverty- Jonathan by Alkanoicacid(m): 3:01pm On Oct 25, 2016
mazifrankmore:
I still remember jonathan's years when thing were better!

Our people where not dying of hunger

Petrol was cheap

Three square meal was never an achievement to parents unlike today.

What really changed between just one year this illiterate call buhari came to power is what I can't phantom!

Which country dem just deport you from? Because you're not talking about Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

GHEN! GHEN!! See Statement ND Militants Released Few Hours After Buhari's Return / President Buhari Resumes After 'resting' For A While / Nigeria Would’ve Been In Danger If Jonathan Had Continued In Office –oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.