Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,112 members, 7,835,754 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Let’s Talk Friends With Benefits - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Let’s Talk Friends With Benefits (992 Views)

The Truth About Friends With Benefits Nobody Will Tell You / My Ex-Girlfriend Has Become Best friends With My Current Girlfriend / 4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let’s Talk Friends With Benefits by WebGuy: 1:49pm On Oct 25, 2016
Have you ever been in a “friends with benefit relationship” (FWBR)? Well I haven’t, but it has been proposed to me and I didn’t just turn it down out rightly but I got really embarrassed. I felt like “Is sex all I am good for?”

The term FWBR has blossomed into umbrella phase covering a variety of sexual arrangements from budding romances to exes who have sex, to people who hook up but aren’t really friends. In this sense, the term is really just another attempt at making sense of human relationships which are inherently messy and might actually defy categorization.

Simply put FWBR describes two people who enjoy the pleasures of sexual relationships but avoid the commitment of getting together. They are more like casual friends who explore and enjoy each other’s bodies with ”no strings attached”, but my question really is:

“What string is more attaching than sexual intimacy?”

For me, that’s where the complication of FWBR begins.

CAN’T WE JUST BE FRIENDS?

Friends with benefit sounds in theory like the best of both worlds; of friendship and of sexual pleasure. Then the pressure to be committed is not in the picture, no fears of ending up with the wrong person, test running to see how compatible you are and hoping something better comes up with time.

Seemd like a lot of benefits, but are the downsides really worth the trial?

-Firstly the sex in FWBR complicates the relationship and the friendship soon ends. In a survey carried out, 84% of people who claimed to be in a FWBR said they were more intimate, had more fun and were generally better off as friends before they started having sex and 90% claimed that the friendship ended on hurting circumstances.

-Things can get worse when one party (mostly the woman) focuses on the “friends”, getting attached and wanting more and the other party focuses on the “benefits” getting everything he can get with no commitment.

-Hurt feelings set in when you both (or the party wanting more) realize you are never going to get everything you want in a romantic relationship (not even sexual satisfaction) except of course it translates into a proper love affair which doesn’t 90% of the time according to the survey.

I’ll end it here with a conversation in Leslea Tash’s “birds after bird”

“Oh Troy? He is no one. He wanted something more than I could give”

“Friends with benefits?, ”Laurie asked, blushing as she said it.
“More like frenemies with benefits”.

What do you think about FWBR?

http://sobolation.com/love-101-lets-talk-friends-with-benefits/

1 Like

Re: Let’s Talk Friends With Benefits by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 25, 2016
FWB is simply the best! Nothing attached just lets bang ourselves and chat on whatsapp later tongue

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Talk Friends With Benefits by slimthugchimee(m): 1:52pm On Oct 25, 2016
i see
Re: Let’s Talk Friends With Benefits by youngest85(m): 1:58pm On Oct 25, 2016
FWB rocks
Re: Let’s Talk Friends With Benefits by Presh900(m): 2:16pm On Oct 25, 2016
Papikush:
FWB is simply the best! Nothing attached just lets bang ourselves and chat on whatsapp later tongue
abeg pass me that thing you dey smoke mk i follow you smoke..
Re: Let’s Talk Friends With Benefits by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 25, 2016
Presh900:
abeg pass me that thing you dey smoke mk i follow you smoke..

It's called pineapple express. Got it from my weed manager (RoyalBlak007)... #coughs
Re: Let’s Talk Friends With Benefits by RoyalBlak007: 2:37pm On Oct 25, 2016
Papikush:

i tell yo BOSS...FWB!
No strings...#LETS JUST BANG grin ....I mean....it's casual smiley....then if she likes it.....we can keep banging steady and we be having fun....LIFE gets easier..... grin
Re: Let’s Talk Friends With Benefits by RoyalBlak007: 2:43pm On Oct 25, 2016
Papikush:

It's called pineapple express. Got it from my weed manager (RoyalBlak007)... #coughs

...nothing tastes better grin grin
fresh from my Jamaican supplies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let’s Talk Friends With Benefits by Presh900(m): 2:47pm On Oct 25, 2016
Papikush:

It's called pineapple express. Got it from my weed manager (R.oyalBlak007)... #coughs
lol..u no well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let’s Talk Friends With Benefits by Presh900(m): 2:48pm On Oct 25, 2016
RoyalBlak007:

...nothing tastes better grin grin
fresh from my Jamaican supplies

dem dey order am 4rm Jumia??
Re: Let’s Talk Friends With Benefits by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 25, 2016
RoyalBlak007:

i tell yo BOSS...FWB!
No strings...#LETS JUST BANG grin ....I mean....it's casual smiley....then if she likes it.....we can keep banging steady and we be having fun....LIFE gets easier..... grin

Easy life bro... Just like Obiorathesubtle likes it cool

1 Like

Re: Let’s Talk Friends With Benefits by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 25, 2016
Papikush:

Easy life bro... Just like Obiorathesubtle likes it cool

No complains so far bro. Life has been a cruise...

#sniffs. ..
Re: Let’s Talk Friends With Benefits by WebGuy: 10:25am On Oct 26, 2016
Papikush:

Do you know ladies are emotional beings?
Re: Let’s Talk Friends With Benefits by WebGuy: 10:26am On Oct 26, 2016
RoyalBlak007:

i tell yo BOSS...FWB!

What if she gets emotionally attached?
Re: Let’s Talk Friends With Benefits by RoyalBlak007: 12:14pm On Oct 26, 2016
WebGuy:
wat if she gets emotionally attached?

...you wont give a room for that...
It'll be on a "no strings" platform
cool

(1) (Reply)

Guys Vs. Girls Part ONE (don't Miss It) / 5 Stages Of Sex In Marriage You Should Know / See The Beautiful Young Girl Emir Sanusi Married (new Photos) -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.