Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,174 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

I Think I'm Losing My Belief - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Think I'm Losing My Belief (37493 Views)

This Is My Belief Regarding Fish Rain / These People Are Killing My Faith & My Belief Am Backsliding. / How I Lost My Belief In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by kolaish(m): 11:17am On Oct 27, 2016
akintom:

"i heard the voice of the Holy Spirit clearly....... "

For real ? Or you're being sarcastic?
Why do I need to lie about it and for what reason? Then, I refused to have pre marital sex with the lady because i actually want her for marriage, but then I prayed after about 6 months of courtship, the voice came down clearly waking me up from my sleep that the lady does not value me and she is not my wife. I refused to listen to the voice and carry on with the relationship until the lady humiliated me publicly, thereby confirming the voice I heard. Though, she came back to apologize but then it was too late as I have seen and met my new wife just months after we parted. Glory be to God, my wife is indeed a wife.

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by isaacodo: 11:31am On Oct 27, 2016
This Forums has been turned into a show of intellectual prowess, which is low for even you atheist. Someone asked a question , it is expected you give him his answer not showing you intellectual prowess. I want to ask you scientist and you technologist, where you able to find the missing Australian Aircraft that crashed some years back? with all the scientific boasting,you can't find it and you want to solve the human soul issue. Please lets get back to the business at hand, Someone is losing his belief and you guys are flexing intellect, shame ...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by kolaish(m): 11:40am On Oct 27, 2016
kolaish:
Why do I need to lie about it and for what reason? Then, I refused to have pre marital sex with the lady because i actually want her for marriage, but then I prayed after about 6 months of courtship, the voice came down clearly waking me up from my sleep that the lady does not value me and she is not my wife. I refused to listen to the voice and carry on with the relationship until the lady humiliated me publicly, thereby confirming the voice I heard. Though, she came back to apologize but then it was too late as I have seen and met my new wife just months after we parted. Glory be to God, my wife is indeed a wife.
Beside this, about 18 years ago when I was leaving in Ojuelegba, I heard a vision in my sleep of a particularly sick prostitute in Empire Hotel and a voice telling me to go and minister to her. I dismissed it as a dream and for more than 2 weeks after that, my temperature keep rising unnecessarily, imagine someone that has reasonable savings and good source of income, I wonder then what was wrong with me until the voice came again that I need to go to the Hotel for his message. The following day i quickly went to the hotel and to my suprise, the way i saw the same harlot in my dream is the same way i saw her physically in the hotel (someone i have never met before), same dress and body features.

Immediately after i gave her my message, my temperature came back to normal instantly and i feel as if a load was just taken off me.

These are real facts that happened to me and not guess or fabricated stories.

3 Likes

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 27, 2016
Right, I see you are fully conscious of what you are doing. All my previous responses were based on a false assumption. Have a nice day yourself brother
MrMystrO:
[b][/b]
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Weah96: 1:50pm On Oct 27, 2016
mecussey:

its still didnt make sense to me....a free thinker would say "whether you believe there is God or there is no God, you are right. However, let us make the world a better place" unlike atheists who claim all knowing...religious folks are deluded, brain washed..bla bla bla. The bible said this did that, Quaran did this and that.

How come all of you Christians bear the fruits of your fictional Satan character? You tell lies as if you're only drinking water.

Atheists claim to be all knowing? Is that why we carry an ALL KNOWING GOD BOOK around? Think before you speak. I don't know how the universe started and I'm proud to state it. On the other hand, you possess that information in your all knowing book, along with other impossible to know information like what happens after people die.

The person claiming that they don't know is all knowing to you, meanwhile you who carry around the word of the so-called omniscient one is the humble and open minded person. It's the most brazen kind of arrogance disguised as humility.

Your problem is a simple one. It's hard for you to understand how people who claim not to know anything, can categorically call your religion false. According to your brain, a person who is ignorant about a thing, must be willing to accept any substitute.
I will give you an example. Do you know what Obama ate for lunch yesterday? You don't know. Would you be willing to accept that he ate his oldest daughter for lunch ? Remember, you don't know and have no means of acquiring that information. If you don't believe that Obama murdered his child, and then ate her for lunch yesterday, does it mean that you are claiming to know everything?

2 Likes

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Wilgrea7(m): 3:39pm On Oct 27, 2016
Genesis2000:

We were saying almost the same things, only that we misunderstood ourselves to an extends.

However I don't have the capacity to conclude that the bible is not the word of God, but Jesus only. However we learn everyday.

Thank you.

i like your reasoning.... i don't claim to know all... I'm ready to learn also.. maybe sometime we can discuss more on the issue if you'd agree
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by MrMystrO(m): 3:52pm On Oct 27, 2016
kolaish:
Sorry I just saw your write up, have been busy in my workplace. Beside Adam and Eve, there are those called the sons of God, actually they are falling angels on earth that came to mingle with humans -

Genesis 6:4: The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went in to the daughters of humans, who bore children to them. These were the heroes that were of old, warriors of renown.

Lol are you kidding me? Fallen sons of God?? That's your best attempt at trying to explain such an obvious fallacy? Well it doesn't even come close to answering the question and let me explain why.
Now prior to the so called fallen sons coming down to the earth to mingle with humans, According to the bible, thats if we were to stick to the biblical account of creation, The only Humans living on earth at that time were Adam, eve, cain, abel who was already dead, and seth.
Now the bible says, these fallen sons of God Came down to earth to Mingle with the "DAUGHTERS OF MEN" and they bore children to them.
Please, YOU STILL HAVEN'T EVEN COME CLOSE TO ANSWERING MY QUESTION!! Daughters of which men? Adam? who never had a daughter? eve, who only begat three sons? or Cain and seth who were supposed to be the first children of the first humans on earth? You dont need anybody to tell you that this is a flawed Story written by a limited human mind because if you wanna be honest with yourself on this issue, the only way the world would have been populated by just these four people on earth is on the basis that cain or seth had carnal knowledge of their mum who eventually begat another female so reproduction can continue, And that, my friend, was not recorded in the bible. So, It all leads to just another simple question, Daughters of men(Not daughter o, daughters of men) By whom? which men? Or were there other men on earth b4 adam was created? There you have it. The story contradicts itself every time, The questions never end, And That, is not what Truth is based on. Truth is obvious, its self explanatory, self revealing and it reveals itself in all dimensions.

Beside this, the list of witnesses to Jesus Christ is overwhelming, that is, besides the prophet of old like Moses, David etc and his disciples’ narration, if you go to the roman museums, you will still see some of the stories in their archives, not to talk of spiritual manifestations that I myself have seen and heard. For example, I heard the voice of the holy spirit clearly when I want to choose my wife twelve years ago. I marveled some years ago while I was in Jerusalem that all the biblical stories are still intact and they are sites to behold. My brother, fabricated stories cannot be these real; from Tower of David to mount of olives, the dead sea, pool of Bethsaida etc.

The bible, is a compilation of books, different stories from different times, Some were actual historic events that actually happened, While some on the other hand, like the story of adam and eve and creation, are simply based on myths. Even the fomer pope, had once admitted that the story of adam and eve is a fable(you can google it online) The romans compiled these books together, After thorough editing, manipulation and modification, to suit the Roman agenda of public control, And then forcefully compelled the general public to accept the bible as the manual for how the lives of men should be lived, And then for over 1,400 years, crushed and persecuted any one or any group practicing another belief, any one who as much as just says something contrary to the beliefs of the bible was burned to a stake, And this was done so that in later times(which are the times we are in now) Christianity, if not being the only religion on earth, Will be the most recognized and most popular belief system for men, Which is just generally a device for mental slavery and through the concept of hell and eternal damnation, Makes sure everyone stays in line.. Dont just read something and believe simply because people say its true, your fathers believed in it so you just have to, its way more than that my friend. Truth, is always and will always be available to you because it is self revealing. I will advice you to do your research very well, try and find the untouched unedited versions of the writings of the prophets, or of the apostles about jesus and you find a whole other different story my friend. Jesus was a manifestation of Love here on earth and just like every other messiah in every religion of this world, his sole message was Love, and to make us understand that with love, as a collective group, if we can all love our fellow humans as we do to ourselves, we can all attain the infinite God consciousness which was what he achieved here on earth, and only then can we be able to eliminate all forms of evil such as war, famine, money, racism, tribalism and all other forces that are hindering humanity from its spiritual evolution. With Love, we can take away all these, thereby building a new world for ourselves which is a world of no suffering, no war, no hunger, no money, no work. Just joy and happiness for everyone living in it. I'm sure all this might be new to you and i am not in anyway saying you should just dump your religion because it was all based on a man made cause, But all i am saying is honestly do your research on the true meaning, values and objectives of your religion, while also doing a thorough research on the true meaning of the values, objectives, message and purpose of the man we call jesus(Not with the over modified texts in the book you call the bible, but through the raw untouched writings of his disciples about him) And you will find a huge contrast between the two, Then you can dig deep into your inner consciousness, the ultimate source of everything, that is inside you, That consciousness which we call God, To enlighten you on which of these two is the Truth. You might not understand what i mean by your inner divine consciousness, but sometimes names and language acts like a barrier to understanding some basic truths. When you heard the voice of the holy spirit twelve years ago which helped you in making the choice of your wife, That "Voice" is exactly the same thing which i am Calling your inner divine, multidimensional God consciousness, Which reveals things beyond the physical to you when you are deeply connected to it, And its the only Real source to Finding truth. That was was jesus was filled with because he was deeply connected and in tune with his inner multidimensional God consciousness, And when you achieve such a state, you become a perfect symbol of Truth and Love i.e. You become a manifestation of God as a Man. Very Few people have achieved that state and in modern English, they are called clairvoyants. This is the state and Destiny of all humans to achieve. This was what jesus wanted everyone in this world to be like and achieve, NOT to Worship him. For a start i'll leave you with a link to a site of a clairvoyant named edgar cayce, who lived almost a century ago, and if you know what a clairvoyant means, you will do well to check out his messages on 15 important topics all humans seek answers to. Just be open minded and check it out, if your inner mind doesn't accept it as truth, Then neglect it at once. But if there are some things you think he was right about, then embrace them because truth needs no one to tell you that it is, we all have it in our inner multidimentional God consciousness to determine what is true and what is wrong.

This is the link: http://www.near-death.com/paranormal/edgar-cayce.html

(Only read the 15 NDEs and afterlife index of edgar cayce himself, and not the other articles)
All you need, is to Keep an open mind brother and be sure you are very very close to the truth already. Have a great day bro
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Genesis2000(m): 5:19pm On Oct 27, 2016
Wilgrea7:

i like your reasoning.... i don't claim to know all... I'm ready to learn also.. maybe sometime we can discuss more on the issue if you'd agree

Ok, that will be fine. Thanks.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Mujtahida: 7:40pm On Oct 27, 2016
felixomor1:

Luke never said
Jesus was born at the census.

You see how u misinterprete stuffs up and down? And then jump at conclusions?
And go into history and check how many years that census lasted. Moreover there were numerous censuses.
And sorry, nobody fixed any particular date around the times of these events.
They are usually described "around".

What Luke said that can be used to estimate is that John the baptist began his ministry in the fifteenth year of Tiberius Caesar (who reigned around 14AD) and if u work that age forward and backward with when Jesus started his ministry, u would land at around 1 BC as Jesus year of birth. Which is almost perfect considering the discrepancy in jewish vs roman counting of years and also considering the fact that Jesus birth month was not stated.

If u dont understand things, ask for explanations rather than making unsubstantiated claims of lies in the bible.
Guy I don't have the time to argue with you on whether the Bible is true or not cos I would have given you a detail of the lies and errors in the Bible. But just know that the idea of God speaking in a book exclusively to the Jews first as his chosen people and then later through the Gospel to all Gentiles is the first lie of the Bible. Nature is God's one and only universal scripture not the Bible. Nature is not written or inspired by man, nature speaks to all (see psalms 19 mind you I make reference to the Bible not as scripture but as any other literary work) and interacts with all.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by UyiIredia(m): 7:53pm On Oct 27, 2016
@ AkDeGreat So what now ? Are you a deist ? An atheist ? Let us know.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by felixomor1: 8:01pm On Oct 27, 2016
Mujtahida:

Guy I don't have the time to argue with you on whether the Bible is true or not cos I would have given you a detail of the lies and errors in the Bible. But just know that the idea of God speaking in a book exclusively to the Jews first as his chosen people and then later through the Gospel to all Gentiles is the first lie of the Bible. Nature is God's one and only universal scripture not the Bible. Nature is not written or inspired by man, nature speaks to all (see psalms 19 mind you I make reference to the Bible not as scripture but as any other literary work) and interacts with all.

Just admit your yawa and move on.
Simpu
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Mujtahida: 8:05pm On Oct 27, 2016
felixomor1:

Just admit your yawa and move on.
Simpu
I wasn't standing still before. I respect your beliefs. You have yours, I have mine. I believe the world is large enough to accommodate us all. Cheers
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by felixomor1: 8:07pm On Oct 27, 2016
Mujtahida:

I wasn't standing still before. I respect your beliefs. You have yours, I have mine. I believe the world is large enough to accommodate us all. Cheers

Cheers bro.
cool
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by kolaish(m): 2:43pm On Oct 28, 2016
[quote author=MrMystrO post=50555151][/quote]Thanks for the beautiful and comprehensive write up. Christianity to me comes naturally, fascinating and above all, my source of joy. I have been blessed most tremendously as a christian despite the little I have done for the church and humanity, I still want to do more for christ, the church and of course, humanity. Stay blessed

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by bolkay47(m): 4:29pm On Oct 28, 2016
isaacodo:
This Forums has been turned into a show of intellectual prowess, which is low for even you atheist. Someone asked a question , it is expected you give him his answer not showing you intellectual prowess. I want to ask you scientist and you technologist, where you able to find the missing Australian Aircraft that crashed some years back? with all the scientific boasting,you can't find it and you want to solve the human soul issue. Please lets get back to the business at hand, Someone is losing his belief and you guys are flexing intellect, shame ...
You are on point brother. I honestly think the best thing to do is to avoid conversations with an atheist.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by MrMystrO(m): 6:53pm On Oct 28, 2016
kolaish:
Thanks for the beautiful and comprehensive write up. Christianity to me comes naturally, fascinating and above all, my source of joy. I have been blessed most tremendously as a christian despite the little I have done for the church and humanity, I still want to do more for christ, the church and of course, humanity. Stay blessed

Thank you so much my friend, and you too. May you experience joy and freedom while here on your earthly journey and may the source of the inner multidimensional consciousness Of all things, Which is LOVE and TRUTH reveal and express itself to you and through you in All Abundance.
(Still feel free to check out the link i posted the other time if you may, Through curiosity or just for leisure.)
Have a blessed day friend.

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by hopefulLandlord: 7:49pm On Oct 28, 2016
Mujtahida:

interesting
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 29, 2016
wink
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Nobody: 3:49am On Oct 30, 2016
Akdegreat:

Did you react to my original post before jumping on a side comment I made? If not, I'd like you to . That's if you have something to say on that.

By the way, I find the first statements of your post quite disheartening. I briefly mentioned a couple of things I did as a kid with zeal and love for God before I became born again, and you think that's the best criteria for determining if I was ever a Christian? You already discouraged me from reading your post.

truth is scary, n I'm supposed to feel wha? for you
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Auki: 12:00pm On Oct 30, 2016
Advise: Wake up in the night, ask whoever created you to guide you to the path that is pleasing to Him.Do that for sometime with sincerity and open mind, I assure you He will guide you.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by shadeyinka(m): 6:08am On Oct 31, 2016
cloudgoddess:

I know this feeling and it's beautiful. A sense of humbleness and connectedness, combined with wonder, curiosity, and a deep appreciation for life, earth, and this universe.

From this standpoint the Abrahamic worldview just looks far too human-centric, egotistical, and greedy. Not to mention boring.

Hi my Friend:
This your statement isn't true at all. It misrepresents the gospel.

The basis of the Duty of A Christian after his Salvation is summarized below
1. Scoring High in Loving others as yourself
2. Scoring High in Investing your Gifts and Talents to build up persons within the Body of Christ
3. Scoring High in Preaching the Good news to all.

Especially number one: Loving others.

Check out my post on the Duties Christ expect of a Believer!

https://www.nairaland.com/modifypost?post=50633344&redirect=%2F3436394%2Fborn-again-how-improve-spiritual%2350633344
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by DeSepiero(m): 8:43am On Oct 31, 2016
shadeyinka:

Hi my Friend:
This your statement isn't true at all. It misrepresents the gospel.

The basis of the Duty of A Christian after his Salvation is summarized below
1. Scoring High in Loving others as yourself
2. Scoring High in Investing your Gifts and Talents to build up persons within the Body of Christ
3. Scoring High in Preaching the Good news to all.

Especially number one: Loving others.

Check out my post on the Duties Christ expect of a Believer!

https://www.nairaland.com/modifypost?post=50633344&redirect=%2F3436394%2Fborn-again-how-improve-spiritual%2350633344

This does not in anyway refute what cloudgoddess said.

By the way, as you rightly mentioned, they are 'duties' imposed on the believers. They've been threatened with doom if they fail to comply therefore, its not genuine.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by shadeyinka(m): 8:47am On Oct 31, 2016
DeSepiero:

This does not in anyway refute what cloudgoddess said.

By the way, as you rightly mentioned, they are 'duties' imposed on the believers. They've been threatened with doom if they fail to comply therefore, its not genuine.

I don't understand what you mean by not genuine! Christians were given the command to do the three duties above. With or without religion, they are noble!
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by DeSepiero(m): 9:03am On Oct 31, 2016
shadeyinka:

I don't understand what you mean by not genuine! Christians were given the command to do the three duties above. With or without religion, they are noble!

They're noble acts, quite agreeable, but these 'noble acts' are bought with the promise of a blissful afterlife.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by shadeyinka(m): 1:56pm On Oct 31, 2016
DeSepiero:

They're noble acts, quite agreeable, but these 'noble acts' are bought with the promise of a blissful afterlife.

Don't you think that there is nothing wrong with the philosophy of reward. We promise our children Toys (Bicycles, Games Consoles etc) if they do well in their exams don't we?

Even if they fail, we don't reject them but we motivate them to performance. I guess its the same reason athletes are given gold, silver and bronze medals. It makes perfect sense.

Blissful afterlife is just an incentive for obedience to Gods will.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by DeSepiero(m): 5:27pm On Oct 31, 2016
shadeyinka:

Don't you think that there is nothing wrong with the philosophy of reward. We promise our children Toys (Bicycles, Games Consoles etc) if they do well in their exams don't we?

Even if they fail, we don't reject them but we motivate them to performance. I guess its the same reason athletes are given gold, silver and bronze medals. It makes perfect sense.

Blissful afterlife is just an incentive for obedience to Gods will.
Nice analogy.
The philosophy of reward, as you choose to call it is not wrong.
Now, some children perform well in exams and in school without the promise of a reward from anyone; they hope for none. They're intelligent, ambitious and are self motivated. How do you compare them with the children who perform because of rewards?

Some people(Secular humanists) do all the good to others without hoping for a reward from some god. If you ask me, they're more good willed.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by shadeyinka(m): 8:07pm On Oct 31, 2016
DeSepiero:

Nice analogy.
The philosophy of reward, as you choose to call it is not wrong.
Now, some children perform well in exams and in school without the promise of a reward from anyone; they hope for none. They're intelligent, ambitious and are self motivated. How do you compare them with the children who perform because of rewards?

Some people(Secular humanists) do all the good to others without hoping for a reward from some god. If you ask me, they're more good willed.

I wish you read my two post s below. It explains the concept of Christianity using what can be easily understood from our day to day experience.

https://www.nairaland.com/3423081/real-fake-student-university-heaven

https://www.nairaland.com/3436394/born-again-how-improve-spiritual

You claim that some secular humanists do exceptionally well in Loving others and making selfless sacrifices for the good of humanity and I perfectly agree with you.

Unfortunately, the issue is not ONLY about being good, it is also about REGISTERING for the courses leading to your graduation from this world.

Consider this: a guy is exceptionally brilliant but he refuses to apply to read any course in the University even though, he was offered admission on a platter of Gold (tuition free). He is more brilliant than the average student, he even coaches many of them.

Now, at the end of a graduation session, would the VC include his name among the graduating students? Can he win any prize as a student? Can he be awarded any class of degree? Could he be said to have ever being a student of that institution?

Yes, no doubt he could be good and better academically than the average bonafide student BUT his name is NOT in the Register.

In the spiritual, those who are registered students are called Born Again. Some of them will graduate with first class degree and many of them will graduate with a pass degree. May be some will even graduate with anaegrotat degree.

I hope you get my point.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by JhyMedex: 11:53pm On Oct 31, 2016
Akdegreat:
.... These arguments really did a good job in further weakening my belief in the Bible God. If He is there, he'd understand my reasons for doubting the Bible account of him. He should be a just judge.

- Akdegreat
Ur story is d tale of many persons who av come to contemplate the truthfulness of their beliefs instead of following dem blindly cos some1 says so...
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by costandi(m): 12:20am On Nov 01, 2016
Akdegreat:

As a kid, I asked several questions;
"Since God created everything that exist, what if God never existed, and hence nothing whatsoever exists? I often tried to picture a dark and void space remaining that way for all of eternity!! Whenever I did, I got lost in my wild imaginations"
"How did God come to be? Who created him?"
"What if God never created life? How would the earth be then? I often repeated same imaginations again but this time with planets, asteroids and other heavenly bodies. Of course I got lost again, severally"
God doesn't exist, he is existence. Cos, in him does everything consist. Meaning that nothing could have created him. If anything would have created him, that thing already exists inside him. God doesn't live in eternity, eternity lives in him. Time exists for man and not for him. Therefore, there doesn't have to be a beginning or an end. In trying to explain this to us for our mind to catch a glimpse of his nature, he said, 'I am the beginning and the end'. God didn't plan for man to believe in him through reasoning, he planned for that through faith.
Imagine creating a robot and installing some program to serve as it's intelligence, omitting in the program the ability to recognize you. That robot would disbelieve to the utmost, your existence because he doesn't have the capability to recognize your existence.
You were planned for before hand. He planned for you to exist in him and for him. These facts on ground have made me loose sight of these kind of vague thoughts that this human mind can wander into.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by shadeyinka(m): 5:38am On Nov 01, 2016
JhyMedex:

Ur story is d tale of many persons who av come to contemplate the truthfulness of their beliefs instead of following dem blindly cos some1 says so...

..and like in Matrix, they chose to swallow the pill.
Very brave thing to do.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by shadeyinka(m): 6:13am On Nov 01, 2016
Akdegreat:

RCCG precisely

I perfectly understand how you feel and at one time in the past, I was also disillusioned by the Christian Faith and doctrines.

LOL! After reading a few Ahmed Deedats books, I even seriously contemplated becoming a Muslim ( thank God I stopped on seeing some flaws in the authorship of the Qur'an and slowed down to ask questions). Note: I was already born again when all these were happening!

I sincerely questioned everything about my Faith with a view of getting logical explanations. I understood however that Faith just as Love is subjective and that answers may not be physical in nature but it must hold up logically.

I will submit without any fear that most churches take for granted that believing alone is enough and yes it is BUT, understanding supports your Faith. The church unfortunately does very little in teaching members to understand the BASIS of the Faith.

Unfortunately, we live in an era of knowledge and "take it or leave it doesn't suffice! Atheism is growing by the leaps and bounds ( of course it is expected according to bible prophecies) and their library of information will confound the uneducated.

Your experience is not uncommon. You are suffering from a spiritual breakdown disease called " Not understanding WHY!"

Since you claim you are born again, start from this two links below:

PART 1:
https://www.nairaland.com/3423081/real-fake-student-university-heaven
PART 2:
https://www.nairaland.com/3436394/how-improve-spiritual-cgpa

PM me if you are on WhatsApp, you can ask all the questions plaguing your mind and I will be glad to oblige you.

For me, understanding make the grand picture very sharp and clear! I know why I do what I do. I know the reason behind my Faith.

Some people are excited by Faith alone, some of us are wired differently, we want to Add to our Faith the knowledge of WHY!

Shalom!

Have you wondered why Atheists are doing everything to convert you?

Even though atheism claim it is not a religion, even though they claim they serve no spirit. Why is it that they who believe NOT in the existence of any WAY be passionate at dissuading those who are on the way and those who are almost finding the way? Could there be a covert sinister operation going on?

I wonder! I just wonder!!
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by JhyMedex: 11:11am On Nov 01, 2016
shadeyinka:

..and like in Matrix, they chose to swallow the pill.
Very brave thing to do.
C'mon Bruv I knw u smarter Dan dis...
Dts nt bravery dts intellectual brevity

Nt really a movie aficionado... Bt equating the matrix movie to a grandiose decision such as Belief is at worse dumb n at best kinda silly..

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Pastor Tega Ahre Is Missing (Photo) / Seat Causes Quarrel At The Experience 2019 / FG Suspends Adeboye’s Helicopter From Flying Over Expired Papers, Safety Concern

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.