Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,750 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job - Jobs/Vacancies (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (3679669 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / CBN Recruitment 2020: Graduate Trainee & Experienced (6 Positions) / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 GT & EH Job (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (992) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by boma4success: 1:01pm On Nov 02, 2016
1. Upload your statement of result in lieu of your certificate, its acceptable at this stage

2. Use any of the scanning app to scan directly to pdf, looks more professional, if you scan as JPEG, use any pdf converter (check previous pages of this thread) to convert

3. The next stages would be Professional Qualification(s), References and Choice of Examination Center

Congratulations on your passing out in advance, application will still be on all through this month, if its possible to get your degree certificate, do so as you would need it for other applications
[/quote]

Thanks alot
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by boma4success: 1:04pm On Nov 02, 2016
ciscon:

1. Upload your statement of result in lieu of your certificate, its acceptable at this stage
2. Use any of the scanning app to scan directly to pdf, looks more professional, if you scan as JPEG, use any pdf converter (check previous pages of this thread) to convert
3. The next stages would be Professional Qualification(s), References and Choice of Examination Center
Congratulations on your passing out in advance, application will still be on all through this month, if its possible to get your degree certificate, do so as you would need it for other applications

Thanks alot but scanning directly to PDF is wat I don't understand, how can use a scanning app to scan a hardcopy doc into a PDF? And wat is d name of d scanning app in case I want to download?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by aodis: 1:06pm On Nov 02, 2016
Wat is the meaning of pending successful submission
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by funstellegee: 2:21pm On Nov 02, 2016
Please help a sister, I've converted my documents to pdf and even resized them but each time I try to upload them I keep getting the reply that "some error occurred, please reload your browser "
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by ciscon: 2:38pm On Nov 02, 2016
boma4success:

Thanks alot but scanning directly to PDF is wat I don't understand, how can use a scanning app to scan a hardcopy doc into a PDF? And wat is d name of d scanning app in case I want to download?

There is "CamScanner" among a host of others, Like I earlier mentioned, kindly do yourself good by going through previous pages on this thread, you will see alot of methods and apps that will help you do this (currently, I don't use such apps but normal scanner but I've used a couple of them in the past). If you are still having issues, kindly go to any business center to get your credentials scanned and transferred to your phone.

Google is still your friend

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by ciscon: 2:45pm On Nov 02, 2016
funstellegee:
Please help a sister, I've converted my documents to pdf and even resized them but each time I try to upload them I keep getting the reply that "some error occurred, please reload your browser "

Try any or a combination of the following:

1. Ensure the sizes are not more than the stipulated 320kb

2. Refresh your browser, it will likely upload, I had similar issues and it uploaded on refresher

3. Try another browser

4. Try using a strong network

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Neroski(f): 3:35pm On Nov 02, 2016
boma4success:
Hello guys, I'll like to seek for ur enlightenment on dis DPR registration. I'll b passing out ds week Friday by God's grace. I av started wt d registration under Graduate Trainees, but I got hanged up wen I see dat we must upload our NYSC discharge certificate and Higher Institution certificate in PDF format. Now my question goes thus:
(1) Since my higher institution certificate is not yet ready, can I upload my Statement/Notification of result instead?
(2) Since I don't av a scanner to scan all my docs b4 converting to PDF, can I use my smartphone to snap d docs into jpeg file and how can I convert d jpeg to PDF on my fone?
(3) because I couldn't go ahead wt other next pages, can u guys pls tell me wat was requested in the subsequent pages after d page whr NYSC discharge cert and other docs were required?

Ques 1) Statement is fine,better than not submitting anything.
Ques 2.) Have u not heard of CamScanner app? Download it via playstore.
Ques 3) nothing else to upload as long as your passport is showing

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by royalesther: 4:41pm On Nov 02, 2016
grin grin grin grin
ethene:

Are you married? if not why? so if u become a trainee at this age what then would your child be? oya reduce your age to 29 and apply Sharp Sharp. una de do like say una no know Wetin be football age.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by monerozi5590: 5:14pm On Nov 02, 2016
Monicks:

Hmmmm na wa for you o! How could you do that? cos I'm sure you kmow you were from Education faculty and you applied for the position on purpose. for telling us, I'm sure you are already scared of the consequences both before and after might have obtained that your enviable position of Geophysicists/physicists. Good luck.
......that means i was deceived by my lecturers...... because there told us that upon graduation we will be referred to as a physicist and also an educationist....when i was in school i was cut between two departments... the education department and the physics department.... and of the two departments, i did more physics courses than the educational courses....... ryt now i am confuse even more....! the discrimination is fucking too much

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by lincolnola: 5:20pm On Nov 02, 2016
funstellegee:

@ Funstellegee

Check the dates you used in your secondary school section.If by any mistake,you chose non official/working days,it will be showing you that error and secondly,don't fill the Higher Institution section too until the last section before you submit finally.

About the dates,if you mistakenly choose any Saturday or Sunday dates in your secondary school section,you will get that error. USE CHROME BROWSER preferably
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by bwaley(m): 6:04pm On Nov 02, 2016
How long does it take before the application status change from PENDING-SUCCESSFUL SUBMISSION?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Zirah: 6:20pm On Nov 02, 2016
Why let an inexperienced person tell you whether or not you're qualified? You're not an economist applying for a physicist position, now that's silly. You've done the right thing. Leave the rest to DPR and God.

monerozi5590:
......that means i was deceived by my lecturers...... because there told us that upon graduation we will be referred to as a physicist and also an educationist....when i was in school i was cut between two departments... the education department and the physics department.... and of the two departments, i did more physics courses than the educational courses....... ryt now i am confuse even more....! the discrimination is fucking too much
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 02, 2016
quote author=ethene post=50659531]
Are you married? if not why? so if u become a trainee at this age what then would your child be? oya reduce your age to 29 and apply Sharp Sharp. una de do like say una no know Wetin be football age.[/quote]

Corrupt Nigerians. Both leaders and youths with bad mentality. This one will be more than corrupt if he gets the job

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by sokarsenal(m): 6:37pm On Nov 02, 2016
GMB4REAL:

The job opening was in March 2010, then 1st test was conducted in June while a 2nd was conducted in December of that year. Later in May of 2011, interview was conducted.

okay thanks very much ......I think enough water has flowed under the bridge between 2010 and now...so it might not be similar
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by GMB4REAL: 7:12pm On Nov 02, 2016
sokarsenal:

okay thanks very much ......I think enough water has flowed under the bridge between 2010 and now...so it might not be similar
Yes ooo. Atleast there are changes, this time it's going 2 be CBT & i hope there's no gonna be delay there after. I remember in the 2010 application, after the 2 tests & interview there was 2 years delay on calling successful candidates which make those hopefuls to contribute money & sponsor newspaper publication urging the DPR to release their letters of appointment.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Pinkieblue(f): 7:33pm On Nov 02, 2016
mayoor15:
7th december
Tnx..... U are the best
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Monicks: 7:37pm On Nov 02, 2016
Zirah:
Why let an inexperienced person tell you whether or not you're qualified? You're not an economist applying for a physicist position, now that's silly. You've done the right thing. Leave the rest to DPR and God.

Zirah I hope you weren't referring to me! cos if you happened to be the experienced one, you should be experienced enough to know that, while he was busy taking his education faculty classes, his counterparts in faculty of science were also receiving their own core science courses. if he's called a physicist, then what will you call a science grad who majored in pure physics? and then who is the educationist? let's get real!
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by adedee14: 7:41pm On Nov 02, 2016
lincolnola:

@ Funstellegee

Check the dates you used in your secondary school section.If by any mistake,you chose non official/working days,it will be showing you that error and secondly,don't fill the Higher Institution section too until the last section before you submit finally.

About the dates,if you mistakenly choose any Saturday or Sunday dates in your secondary school section,you will get that error. USE CHROME BROWSER preferably
what if someone has already filled the higher institution, it doesn't delete

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by adedee14: 7:50pm On Nov 02, 2016
Can someone help out...im still getting "error reload browser". I have been trying to delete the higher institution filled but it doesnt delete but keeps adding up. please help with solutions

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by mayoor15(m): 9:04pm On Nov 02, 2016
Pinkieblue:

Tnx..... U are the best
urw boss lady
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by mayoor15(m): 9:05pm On Nov 02, 2016
Pinkieblue:

Tnx..... U are the best
urw boss lady
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 02, 2016
GMB4REAL:

The tests & interview were conducted in just over a year which not too bad looking @ govt parastatals way of recruitment in Nigeria but successful candidates had to wait another 2 years b4 finally being called making the whole journey 3 years which is bad

It is the ''DPR way''...2006 exam/interview batch resumed in 2008.

2011 exam/interview batch resumed work 2013.

Usually DPR recruits once every three years. This is because every three years, people must get promoted upon satisfactory appraisal in DPR. It is a standard in DPR. The 2013 batch were promoted this year leaving the Graduate Trainee Position-Grade Level 8- Free/Vacant.

Usually within this 3 year period old staff retire and other older staff in service get promoted leaving room/Vacancy for experienced hires too. It one of the many reasons graduate trainee and experienced hires go hand in hand.

We can only bear with them and pray they can make it more efficient.

5 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by GMB4REAL: 10:33pm On Nov 02, 2016
OmaniPadmeHum:

It is the ''DPR way''...2006 exam/interview batch resumed in 2008.

2011 exam/interview batch resumed work 2013.

Usually DPR recruits once every three years. This is because every three years, people must get promoted upon satisfactory appraisal in DPR. It is a standard in DPR. The 2013 batch were promoted this year leaving the Graduate Trainee Position-Grade Level 8- Free/Vacant.Usually within this 3 year period some old staff retire and other older staff in service get promoted leaving room for experienced hires too.

We can only bear with them and pray they can make it more efficient.
Thanks 4 d info, like u said let's hop & pray that this is gonna be better.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Kcbellz: 10:40pm On Nov 02, 2016
@OmaniPadmeHum
This your logic does not follow. Going by your explanation ,right now as in 2016 there are vacancies provided by 2013 batch whom according to you have been promoted making room for new entries. Ok let's assume we conclude test/interview within 6-8 months all things been equal we should resume same year. Are you saying we would wait till 2018 because that has been their recruitment trend or for MORE vacancies to be created because some staff maybe promoted/retired by then i.e 2018 because that is another 2/3yrs counting from this year?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by tron23(m): 10:56pm On Nov 02, 2016
HELLO HOUSE,

PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP, I AM APPLYING UNDER THE EXPERIENCED HIRE POSITION. CURRENTLY AT THE LAST STAGE B/4 SUBMISSION. I WAS ONLY ABLE TO ATTACH MY CV AND NYSC DISCHARGE CERTIFICATE. I CONVERTED THEM TO PDF FORMAT AND REDUCED THEIR SIZES TO 200 KB EACH. UNFORTUNATELY, THE SYSTEM DID'NT ALLOW ME TO UPLOAD THEM.

NOW AM AT THE LAST STAGE, AND I JUST LOGGED OUT. PLEASE HELP A BROTHER OUT. I ALSO SENT THEM AN EMAIL AT recruitment@dpr.gov.ng.

THANKS
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by adedee14: 11:05pm On Nov 02, 2016
Can someone help with the error reload browser problem and how I can delete d higher institution ive entered already
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 11:35pm On Nov 02, 2016
Kcbellz:
@OmaniPadmeHum
This your logic does not follow. Going by your explanation ,right now as in 2016 there are vacancies provided by 2013 batch whom according to you have been promoted making room for new entries. Ok let's assume we conclude test/interview within 6-8 months all things been equal we should resume same year. Are you saying we would wait till 2018 because that has been their recruitment trend or for MORE vacancies to be created because some staff maybe promoted/retired by then i.e 2018 because that is another 2/3yrs counting from this year?

I would appreciate you politely ask for clarifications. I did not say this recruitment will be concluded in 2018. It is unfortunate that out of your anxiety and fear, you have misunderstood my comments. Someone complained about past recruitment exercises and I simply acknowledged the fact that it has been so in the last two recruitment exercises. You did not even ask how I got to know so much about the Department. These are verifiable facts. How you made this out to be my ''logic'' is unfortunate, when clearly you misrepresented the logic and missed the point completely. A zero score, if it was a question in verbal reasoning. smiley smiley smiley

These are all verifiable facts:

-Fact.The DPR is one of the most organised arms of the civil service in Nigeria. It is not a place where you resume by 10am and leave by 3pm. NO. The career ladder is well cut out to Management Positions. They promote staff once in 3 years. In other words, you work hard, and after 3 annual appraisals, YOU SHOULD GET PROMOTED.
-Fact.2006 recruitment batch resumed in 2008. As a matter of fact officially they resumed in January,2008.
-Fact. 2011 recruitment batch resumed in 2013.
-Fact. The 2011 recruitment batch, that started work in 2013 just got promoted in 2016, after 3 years of working with the Department.
-Fact. I do not know what will happen with this 2016 recruitment batch. Neither did I ever mention that they will resume in 2018.That was why I say you all pray that it is efficient. In other words,pray it is quicker.

If I were you, I will apply,hope and pray that this recruitment is timely concluded.

8 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Kcbellz: 2:02am On Nov 03, 2016
OmaniPadmeHum:

I would appreciate you politely ask for clarifications. I did not say this recruitment will be concluded in 2018. It is unfortunate that out of your anxiety and fear, you have misunderstood my comments. Someone complained about past recruitment exercises and I simply acknowledged the fact that it has been so in the last two recruitment exercises. You did not even ask how I got to know so much about the Department. These are verifiable facts. How you made this out to be my ''logic'' is unfortunate, when clearly you misrepresented the logic and missed the point completely. A zero score, if it was a question in verbal reasoning. smiley smiley smiley

-Fact.The DPR is one of the most organised arms of the civil service in Nigeria. It is not a place where you resume by 10am and leave by 3pm. NO. The career ladder is well cut out to Management Positions. They promote staff once in 3 years. In other words, you work hard, and after 3 annual appraisals, YOU SHOULD GET PROMOTED.
-Fact.2006 recruitment batch resumed in 2008. As a matter of fact officially they resumed in January,2008.
-Fact. The 2011 recruitment batch, that started work in 2013 just got promoted in 2016, after 3 years of working with the Department.
-Fact. I do not know what will happen with this 2016 recruitment batch. Neither did I ever mention that they will resume in 2018.That was why I say you all pray that it is efficient. In other words,pray it is quicker.

If I were you, I will apply,hope and pray that this recruitment is timely concluded.

My dear your initial response didn't infer that you were clearly unsure of what would happen this year. You drew your conclusions by referring to previous years recruitments. I don't have any fear or anxiety as regards to their method of hiring besides I understand what it means to work in an organised establishment as I am a seasoned banker working with one of the highest paying bank in nigeria( AND AM NOT BRAGGING) I am only a career mom seeking for better opportunities in the Fed civil service. So please let's choose our words very nicely (me inclusive ). No need for all these back and forth as we all want the same thing .i.e to gain employment with Dpr, let's focus our energy on helping each other.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by petertaiwo0: 5:06am On Nov 03, 2016
monerozi5590:

listen to the bitter truth? I am a Veteran in the field, The truth is that As a Bsc(edu) Physics u can't do some course module like Nuclear Analytic Technique, Materials Science, Geophysical Prospecting method using VES, Gravitational method, wein resistivity. You can never touch courses like Electronics design, theory of special relativity's, communication physics, Satellite physics(Astronomy) using smith chart, Analysis of circuit using Mesh theory and the likes, Do u play around with string theory, fabrication of metals and wood. You will only do little physics in which u can't even apply to real life. I am very sure u did not touch physics of medicine where u use Linac for patient in the hospital. Bro do not be deceive you are an educationist not a core physicist. Don't you go for teaching practice? Nothing like discrimination , it is the bitter truth. Anyway no arm in trying.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by VOJA(m): 5:32am On Nov 03, 2016
Whether they recruit once in 3 months or in 3 years, we shall make it against all odds...

What is worth having is worth waiting for!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Monicks: 6:39am On Nov 03, 2016
petertaiwo0:

listen to the bitter truth? I am a Veteran in the field, The truth is that As a Bsc(edu) Physics u can't do some course module like Nuclear Analytic Technique, Materials Science, Geophysical Prospecting method using VES, Gravitational method, wein resistivity. You can never touch courses like Electronics design, theory of special relativity's, communication physics, Satellite physics(Astronomy) using smith chart, Analysis of circuit using Mesh theory and the likes, Do u play around with string theory, fabrication of metals and wood. You will only do little physics in which u can't even apply to real life. I am very sure u did not touch physics of medicine where u use Linac for patient in the hospital. Bro do not be deceive you are an educationist not a core physicist. Don't you go for teaching practice? Nothing like discrimination , it is the bitter truth. Anyway no arm in trying.

Thank God, someone finally bailed me out with the truth in it's unpleasant form. Thanks Mr. Peter. Please help me to advise Zirah the experienced that there are other experienced friends here who wish to help monerozi5590 with the truth. Cos the earliest the best for him.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Monicks: 6:53am On Nov 03, 2016
OmaniPadmeHum:

You are on point bro. Even with past events, one can predict the future.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (992) (Reply)

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.