Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job - Jobs/Vacancies (606) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (3681982 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / CBN Recruitment 2020: Graduate Trainee & Experienced (6 Positions) / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 GT & EH Job (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) ... (992) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Ablucious: 7:18pm On Jun 18, 2018
Hello guys..sm vital info for you
1. COC is has definately been issued.
2.APLs are typed.
3. Many ppl have been able to confirm there status.
4.while the Director wants the APL distribution in July, the Head Corp Services wnts it to be in June.
5.katsina state has the highest number of employed staff with 28 followed by Borno state with 18.
6.I dnt know the state woth the least wmployed staff.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by ceocity: 7:21pm On Jun 18, 2018
I don't want to quote any1. Some1 said no 2 persons from dsame LGA was in the list. My question is how did DPR got to knw their LGA of origin when d portal contains LGA of residence. I think dey will work wit state of origin instead which is on the portal.

5 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 18, 2018
I heard applicants whose ages now exceeds the required age limit, no more than 30 and 40 for GT and EH will be dropped. How true?

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 18, 2018
Onyiridike:

Please answer my question. Can a candidate with questionable credentials be granted interview?

He/she won’t be interviewed but some were rescheduled for various reasons.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by clarydamsel: 7:29pm On Jun 18, 2018
Once one get the APL when do u guys advice we leave our present job?? That very day? One week later?? Pls advice.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Babagy823: 7:29pm On Jun 18, 2018
Ablucious:
2.APLs are typed.
4.while the Director wants the APL distribution in July, the Head Corp Services wnts it to be in June.
5.katsina state has the highest number of employed staff with 28 followed by Borno state with 18.
dan uwa, i sent you a pm

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by ellaV(m): 7:33pm On Jun 18, 2018
clarydamsel:
Once one get the APL when do u guys advice we leave our present job?? That very day? One week later?? Pls advice.
you have not gotten it yet na..? First chill

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 18, 2018
Misskay90:
I heard applicants whose ages now exceeds the required age limit, no more than 30 and 40 for GT and EH will be dropped. How true?

I agree with you.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by ayodejiadetoro(m): 7:46pm On Jun 18, 2018
Ablucious:
2.APLs are typed.

If all is set, why would Director want to delay till July again?

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by HRtechnique: 7:47pm On Jun 18, 2018

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by maluga: 7:48pm On Jun 18, 2018
[quote author=Ablucious post=68607145]Hello guys..sm vital info for you
2.APLs are typed.

Thanks for your update but plz are you saying that the successful one will be contacted this month.
Thanks
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Onyiridike(f): 7:53pm On Jun 18, 2018
Marvel64:

He/she won’t be interviewed but some were rescheduled for various reasons.
Thank you sir
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Ferguson0709: 7:55pm On Jun 18, 2018
Misskay90:

Not possible.

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Bluemalam: 7:56pm On Jun 18, 2018
ayodejiadetoro:

By this analysis, some state would be at disadvantage, which defiles the purpose of FCC. The rule is that, a designed formular is used to predetermine the number for each state/zone to be recruited.

So for a particular cadre you are in competition with other candidate in your state/zone for the predetermined slot.

So if they are to choose 6 candidates for a certain cadre.
assuming a formular of one candidate per zone.

A zone with a 40% best candidate would get a slot even though he may have a worse score than the second(or even third etc) of another zone. (See section 4 and 5 in the source link below)

source: http://www.federalcharacter.gov.ng/index.php/about-us/guiding-principles/procedures-for-recruitment

Good observations, though I strongly doubt a 40% average score stands a chance regardless of FCC guidelines.

Most likely they will take a higher scoring candidate from the zone that applied for a different cadre to fill the slot.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by sahihameen2018(m): 8:12pm On Jun 18, 2018
Marvel64:

The job title has a specific number of GT and EH slots attached to it.

For instance,
The number of slots to be filled for Geologist positions are 10 ( 7 GTs and 3 EH).

If at the end of the day, there are 20 candidates (GT and EH) to compete for the job after a thorough screening which I have explained before in my previous posts, then categorise them accordingly i.e From the 20 candidates, you will have 15 GTs and 5 EH.

Using their average scores, pick the best 7 from the 15 GTs and pick the best 3 from the 5 EH candidates.

There you have it, 7 GT Geologists and 3 EH Geologists.

Missing the interview means the candidate has been disqualified unless he/she has a strong backing. Le professor! No one dare the audacity of the credibility and and courageous manner of your analysis. May Allah bless us all with DPR job Ameen.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by maluga: 8:13pm On Jun 18, 2018
sahihameen2018:
[/quote][quote author=sahihameen2018 post=68608497]

Thanks
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jun 18, 2018
Good evening guys,

Expect to pick up your APLs on June 25th.

I wish you guys the best!

13 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by maluga: 8:15pm On Jun 18, 2018
Ferguson0709:

Not possible.

I believe you sir
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by BKR001(m): 8:27pm On Jun 18, 2018
Marvel64:
Good evening guys,

Sir Marvel, do we fold our hands and say that we have a confirmed date now
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Babagy823: 8:33pm On Jun 18, 2018
Marvel64:
Good evening guys,
then mails will roll in this week.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 18, 2018
BKR001:

Sir Marvel, do we fold our hands and say that we have a confirmed date now

Confirmed! Some successful candidates might pick theirs Thursday or Friday through their sponsors this week before 25th. Congratulations all in advance.

6 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by god2good: 8:35pm On Jun 18, 2018
Marvel64:
Good evening guys,

AIZubair, your job is needed here

5 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Asapcy(m): 8:38pm On Jun 18, 2018
K
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by maluga: 8:39pm On Jun 18, 2018
Marvel64:

Confirmed! Some successful candidates might pick theirs Thursday or Friday through their sponsors this week before 25th. Congratulations all in advance.

Do you mean that portals/SMS will roll in this week against collection of APL on Monday next week?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Abdulmusty87: 8:39pm On Jun 18, 2018
HRtechnique:
Im hearing merit list being high is a sham finally.
You all know I don't carry negative news but I was informed of this by someone with strong connect.

As usual, it's all assumptions. Everything here is assumptions until proven right.

Learnt if at all there would be merit, the number is quite negligible.

Finally, dont anchor your life and plans and goal setting on this but yes! You can hope. Hope for the best and trust God. He always surprises.

Stay smart and stay sharp.

Very important question to ask yourselves:

Do you have a plan b?.
let us continue moving time wil tell....we are in nigeria
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by OutOfTheAshes(m): 8:39pm On Jun 18, 2018
grin
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by dprpikin: 8:40pm On Jun 18, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 18, 2018
maluga:

Do you mean that portals/SMS will roll in this week against collection of APL on Monday next week?

Expect a notification on Friday or Monday morning.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Sunnystooth(m): 8:45pm On Jun 18, 2018
Phew!!! Now I'm anxious and scared!

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Itzdanrimi(m): 8:49pm On Jun 18, 2018
Sunnystooth:
Phew!!!
Now I'm anxious and scared!
More scared than ever since July 2017.

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by maluga: 8:50pm On Jun 18, 2018
Marvel64:

Expect a notification on Friday or Monday morning.

Thank you so much Marvel.

May the good Lord crown our effort with success. Amen

7 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by ayodejiadetoro(m): 8:56pm On Jun 18, 2018
Bluemalam:

Good observations, though I strongly doubt a 40% average score stands a chance regardless of FCC guidelines.

Most likely they will take a higher scoring candidate from the zone that applied for a different cadre to fill the slot.

True. 40% is just a random assumption

(1) (2) (3) ... (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) ... (992) (Reply)

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.