Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job - Jobs/Vacancies (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (3684669 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / CBN Recruitment 2020: Graduate Trainee & Experienced (6 Positions) / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 GT & EH Job (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (992) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 14, 2017
GMB4REAL:
BREAKING: NA has passed the 2017 budget.
let us stop deceiving ourselves, shortlisting has no business with the budget. the truth is take ur mind off this recruitment because even if them Want take 99% of ppl here would not make it going by the number of applications cos no matter how much dpr one recruit them no go recruit pass 100 people while over 500,000 applied.

5 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by yusufhaji(m): 12:38pm On May 16, 2017
ethene:

let us stop deceiving ourselves, shortlisting has no business with the budget. the truth is take ur mind off this recruitment because even if them Want take 99% of ppl here would not make it going by the number of applications cos no matter how much dpr one recruit them no go recruit pass 100 people while over 500,000 applied.
bro are u encouraging those here. Why do u have to say this

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by nitt: 1:46pm On May 16, 2017
yusufhaji:
bro are u encouraging those here. Why do u have to say this

Sadly, it's the truth.

Not out to dampen people's hopes but reality is reality

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by tafrica(m): 2:22pm On May 16, 2017
nitt:

Sadly, it's the truth.

Not out to dampen people's hopes but reality is reality

The young man was being real. Budget passage doesn't have to delay shortlisting since appointment isn't going to be immediate. Everyone should learn to take their hearts away from this recruitment for now (not telling people to lose hope)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by GMB4REAL: 11:31am On May 17, 2017
ethene:

I quite agree shortlisting has no business with the budget, if u cud remember i said an insider (Staff) informed us that they are awaiting passage of the budget before calling ppl for the test. I am only saying what i heard from a source & NOT making assumptions.
And about taking off one's mine on the recruitment is not a good idea. It is now 5 months + since the application was closed & expectation is that any time soon candidates will be contacted for test considering the amount of time already wasted. There is absolutely nothing to loose & everything to gain concerning this matter. Afterall perseverance, commitment, focus & prayers will surely bring any one success. Good luck all

9 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by TJ0987(f): 5:15pm On May 19, 2017
Hello Guys,
Please I would like to know the difference between an Environmental Impact Assessment, and an Environmental Evaluation Report.
Thanks.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nlevel(m): 9:40pm On May 19, 2017
TJ0987:
Hello Guys,
Please I would like to know the difference between an Environmental Impact Assessment, and an Environmental Evaluation Report.
Thanks.

www.google.com ....don't ever underestimate its power

7 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by NickD(m): 10:28pm On May 19, 2017
TJ0987:
Hello Guys,
Thanks.
EIA is usually done at the start of any project to determine the effect of such a project on the biophysical environment eg soil, air,hydrology,etc sociocultural eg demography/population growth, economic status and to provide mitigation measures against harmful impact of such projects while an Environmental evaluation report just does the same role of an EIA but without the mitigation aspect..but u can still verify from other sources cause both of them are slightly silimar

4 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by TJ0987(f): 11:04pm On May 19, 2017
Thanks so much NickD...I was actually getting conflicting info online. Thank you. Also, please can we discuss test topics, questions and answers, just to help us all?
NickD:

EIA is usually done at the start of any project to determine the effect of such a project on the biophysical environment eg soil, air,hydrology,etc sociocultural eg demography/population growth, economic status and to provide mitigation measures against harmful impact of such projects while an Environmental evaluation report just does the same role of an EIA but without the mitigation aspect..but u can still verify from other sources cause both of them are slightly silimar

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by NickD(m): 6:09am On May 20, 2017
TJ0987:
Thanks so much NickD...I was actually getting conflicting info online. Thank you. Also, please can we discuss test topics, questions and answers, just to help us all?
Sure no problem.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 7:46am On May 20, 2017
Please can i use calculator in dragnet exam
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Etfash(m): 10:03am On May 20, 2017
NickD:

Good response. But, let me clarify a bit: EIA is done on a proposed project or action. I want to operate a cement manufacturing company in an area because a large deposit of Limestone has just been discovered there. Fed. Min. of Environment will request for the conduct of an EIA. During the scoping stage you find out that people live there, there are schools, businesses, farmlands, aesthetic sites etc. Your project will also involve excavation activities, excessive noise, drilling activities and so on... So, all these are assessed and a decision is made whether or not to proceed on the project or not considering the cost of mitigation and implementation of the proposed Environmental Management Plan. Now, that is EIA; It is within the jurisdiction of the Federal Ministry of Environment. Most projects in Nigeria proceed though , even if they are unsafe. This accounts for why you see Filling stations in-between living areas.

EER is the outcome of an environmental study done to investigate the current impact of an ongoing activity (project already operational, plans already executed). Usually, the outcome of Environmental Evaluation studies or Post Impact Assessment is measured against the EIA findings before the commencement of the project, now that is where EIA report is present. Where EIA wasn't conducted, a control environment, far from the influence of the work site is also evaluated. Based on findings, decisions are made and mitigation measures may yet be proposed. For instance, EMP implementation might have been neglected or certain Environmental Aspects left out.
My 2 Kobo.

Meanwhile, please guys, don't be too fixated on this job. It isn't Wise to do so.

6 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by TJ0987(f): 2:44pm On May 20, 2017
Etfash, you too much...God bless you.
No dear am not fixated o, just that the job is a good one, so I am preparing for the test at my own pace.
Please guys, let the test discussions keep coming. Thanks all.
Etfash:

Good response. But, let me clarify a bit: EIA is done on a proposed project or action. I want to operate a cement manufacturing company in an area because a large deposit of Limestone has just been discovered there. Fed. Min. of Environment will request for the conduct of an EIA. During the scoping stage you find out that people live there, there are schools, businesses, farmlands, aesthetic sites etc. Your project will also involve excavation activities, excessive noise, drilling activities and so on... So, all these are assessed and a decision is made whether or not to proceed on the project or not considering the cost of mitigation and implementation of the proposed Environmental Management Plan. Now, that is EIA; It is within the jurisdiction of the Federal Ministry of Environment. Most projects in Nigeria proceed though , even if they are unsafe. This accounts for why you see Filling stations in-between living areas.

EER is the outcome of an environmental study done to investigate the current impact of an ongoing activity (project already operational, plans already executed). Usually, the outcome of Environmental Evaluation studies or Post Impact Assessment is measured against the EIA findings before the commencement of the project, now that is where EIA report is present. Where EIA wasn't conducted, a control environment, far from the influence of the work site is also evaluated. Based on findings, decisions are made and mitigation measures may yet be proposed. For instance, EMP implementation might have been neglected or certain Environmental Aspects left out.
My 2 Kobo.

Meanwhile, please guys, don't be too fixated on this job. It isn't Wise to do so.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by FAVOUR13: 5:32pm On May 22, 2017
Have just been told that DPR has conducted interview. My friend was informed and he went there and saw it happened

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Foxie: 7:33pm On May 22, 2017
FAVOUR13:
Have just been told that DPR has conducted interview. My friend was informed and he went there and saw it happened
Okay. Thank you. Next please!!!!

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by GeoOla25(m): 8:03pm On May 22, 2017
FAVOUR13:
bros you can lie oooo......
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by FAVOUR13: 8:32pm On May 22, 2017
GeoOla25:

bros you can lie oooo......

I didn't say it so that you should believe by force. Be mature enough and do your investigations before you call someone a lier. You will be a big fool if you keep waiting to be called by DPR for interview. That, I can very much assure you. I case my rest!
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by mekyno777(m): 9:16pm On May 22, 2017
[quote author=FAVOUR13 post=56777 I case my rest!
[/quote]

i wont bliv it until u rest u case....lol.
They can do interview for many other job vacancies/positions, ond job, or man-know-man job, bt that does not mean it is for this general/mass recruitment we are in for.
Thank u.
Next seer pls

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 2innocent(m): 9:34pm On May 22, 2017
[quote author=mekyno777 post=56779083][/quote] u get faith no b small
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by mekyno777(m): 9:48pm On May 22, 2017
2innocent:
u get faith no b small
thats poor man's last hope nah. Bt let wait n see....no long talk. Cheers
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Hiculis(f): 6:56am On May 23, 2017
I case my rest....

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Structuralman: 10:21am On May 23, 2017
FAVOUR13:

FAVOUR13: Which interview did your friend witness? Was it the one for University Graduates/Experienced Hire or the one for OND? Mind you that they did a recruitment for OND holders just before they did for BSc.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by FAVOUR13: 10:49am On May 23, 2017
Structuralman:

FAVOUR13: Which interview did your friend witness? Was it the one for University Graduates/Experienced Hire or the one for OND? Mind you that they did a recruitment for OND holders just before they did for BSc.

Okay. I didn't ask him the details though he is a graduate. I will ask him now. Perhaps he made that mistake of going to the interview venue when he got the information without confirming the carder that was called for interview.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Structuralman: 11:32am On May 23, 2017
FAVOUR13:

Okay. I didn't ask him the details though he is a graduate. I will ask him now. Perhaps he made that mistake of going to the interview venue when he got the information without confirming the carder that was called for interview.

Nice one FAVOUR13,

Please let us know his response once you call him so nairalanders out here can benefit from your information.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by madri4u: 3:24pm On May 23, 2017
Breaaaaakiiiiing Neeeeeews! Dpr shorlist 500,000 applicants and invitation to roll in next week or upper week. Guys start jacking as if u never read before.Battle is merit(20%) v connection power(80%). ;DBreaaaaakiiiiing Neeeeeews! Dpr shorlist 500,000 applicants and invitation to roll in next week or upper week. Guys start jacking as if u never read before.Battle is merit(20%) v connection power(80%).
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by makonko(m): 3:40pm On May 23, 2017
madri4u:
Breaaaaakiiiiing Neeeeeews! Dpr shorlist 500,000 applicants and invitation to roll in next week or upper week. Guys start jacking as if u never read before.Battle is merit(20%) v connection power(80%). ;DBreaaaaakiiiiing Neeeeeews! Dpr shorlist 500,000 applicants and invitation to roll in next week or upper week. Guys start jacking as if u never read before.Battle is merit(20%) v connection power(80%).

Mtssss
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by mohsaaf: 4:24pm On May 23, 2017
madri4u:

Bros are you serious?

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by TJ0987(f): 5:30pm On May 23, 2017
Guys pls let us discuss test questions and answers to benefit one another plsss...you can post challenging test questions. Let us kindly brainstorm...Thanks all.
madri4u:
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by samedlash: 5:55pm On May 23, 2017
Pls jokes apart.
Bros are you serious??
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Kakamorufu(m): 5:58pm On May 23, 2017
Is that real

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by ciggy000(m): 8:44pm On May 23, 2017
if names have been truly shortlisted what stops them from notifying successful applicants thereafter why wait again till next week or upper?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by GeoOla25(m): 9:16pm On May 23, 2017
FAVOUR13:

I didn't say it so that you should believe by force. Be mature enough and do your investigations before you call someone a lier. You will be a big fool if you keep waiting to be called by DPR for interview. That, I can very much assure you. I case my rest!
issoky Mr,solomon

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (992) (Reply)

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.