Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Attah Ochinke Rejects Ayade's Appointment Over The Size Of His Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attah Ochinke Rejects Ayade's Appointment Over The Size Of His Government (18789 Views)

Governor Ayade Cries In His Office Over The Condition Of Refugees. Photos / Governor Ayade's Wife, Linda Drives Him To Construction Site. Photos / "Buhari Is Seriously Sick, Cabals Have Hijacked His Government" – Olu Adegboruwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attah Ochinke Rejects Ayade's Appointment Over The Size Of His Government by chimere66: 8:57pm On Oct 25, 2016
My attention has this morning been drawn to radio announcements to the effect that I have been appointed Chairman of the Cross River State Diaspora Fund Board by His Excellency Governor Ben Ayade.

While I thank the Governor for having confidence in my capacity by giving me this appointment, I am unable to accept this responsibility. I have had the privilege to express my views on the size of government in private discussions with Governor Ayade. I still hold those views. I have also provided the Governor at those discussions with additional reasons why I cannot take an appointment at this time.

Those reasons remain valid and I will keep them private still. Meanwhile I thank all well wishers that have called me to congratulate me on this appointment. Your affection is appreciated and I hope you show me understanding in my decision. I will continue to support the government for our common good.

I make this decision confident that there are very capable citizens that can step in and take my place. Thank you all and thank you Your Excellency.

Hon Attah  Ochinke
Former Attorney General and
Commissioner for Justice CRS

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/10/hon-attah-ochinke-rejects-gov-ayades.html

5 Likes

Re: Attah Ochinke Rejects Ayade's Appointment Over The Size Of His Government by chimere66: 8:57pm On Oct 25, 2016

1 Like

Re: Attah Ochinke Rejects Ayade's Appointment Over The Size Of His Government by chimere66: 8:58pm On Oct 25, 2016
chimere66:
More
more

Re: Attah Ochinke Rejects Ayade's Appointment Over The Size Of His Government by HIScraziness(m): 9:15pm On Oct 25, 2016
Okay!!

Re: Attah Ochinke Rejects Ayade's Appointment Over The Size Of His Government by Nightie(f): 9:31pm On Oct 25, 2016
alryt!
Re: Attah Ochinke Rejects Ayade's Appointment Over The Size Of His Government by TroubleMaker47(m): 9:41pm On Oct 25, 2016
Integrity!
Re: Attah Ochinke Rejects Ayade's Appointment Over The Size Of His Government by kingphilip(m): 9:42pm On Oct 25, 2016
Everybody just de reject political appointment up and down and the reason behind this is yet to be known

But to those who knows genuinely they can't handle the position, I'll really say kudos to them for staying off unlike those days and even now people accept appointment for political gratification as against merit

3 Likes

Re: Attah Ochinke Rejects Ayade's Appointment Over The Size Of His Government by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 25, 2016
Imagine having over a 1000 advisers in one state.

To advice him on what abeg?

Am sure some e-suits will come here to defend him and blame buhari for it.

It's a shame really.

9 Likes

Re: Attah Ochinke Rejects Ayade's Appointment Over The Size Of His Government by capatainrambo: 9:43pm On Oct 25, 2016
@ least he knows what he wants

and he has his beliefs and code of conduct

more than can be said about some people from a particular region following cow herders
Re: Attah Ochinke Rejects Ayade's Appointment Over The Size Of His Government by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:44pm On Oct 25, 2016
Well, your decision is best known to you. All the best ahead sir.

1 Like

Re: Attah Ochinke Rejects Ayade's Appointment Over The Size Of His Government by Heazy2015(m): 9:45pm On Oct 25, 2016
Cool
Re: Attah Ochinke Rejects Ayade's Appointment Over The Size Of His Government by bekong(m): 9:45pm On Oct 25, 2016
are u kidding me?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Attah Ochinke Rejects Ayade's Appointment Over The Size Of His Government by Cmoyor: 9:46pm On Oct 25, 2016
Lol
Re: Attah Ochinke Rejects Ayade's Appointment Over The Size Of His Government by JingoOAU(m): 9:49pm On Oct 25, 2016
Means there's still hope for this my generation...thought this generation is done for....

Was told that governor is a Professor for that matter....what a pathetic professor maintaining overbloated government

6 Likes

Re: Attah Ochinke Rejects Ayade's Appointment Over The Size Of His Government by sunsewa16: 9:51pm On Oct 25, 2016
season of rejection of political appointments by our politicians is the new trend in town,let it continue,it will do us good than bad,meanwhile it seems there is no more yams to eat,all thanks to recession.

4 Likes

Re: Attah Ochinke Rejects Ayade's Appointment Over The Size Of His Government by cokiek(f): 9:55pm On Oct 25, 2016
haha,,,,recession breeds rejection...no chop chop in Govt again
Re: Attah Ochinke Rejects Ayade's Appointment Over The Size Of His Government by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:58pm On Oct 25, 2016
End time rejection
Re: Attah Ochinke Rejects Ayade's Appointment Over The Size Of His Government by GoldenJAT(m): 10:21pm On Oct 25, 2016
it's Pathetic..... it won't even b interesting 2 hold any office, as d numbers of political appointees are just 2much.
Re: Attah Ochinke Rejects Ayade's Appointment Over The Size Of His Government by zurine(f): 10:26pm On Oct 25, 2016
hmm

1 Like

Re: Attah Ochinke Rejects Ayade's Appointment Over The Size Of His Government by mytime24(f): 10:28pm On Oct 25, 2016
Gud4him
Re: Attah Ochinke Rejects Ayade's Appointment Over The Size Of His Government by kingsIX: 10:29pm On Oct 25, 2016
This is a season of rejection of appointments
Re: Attah Ochinke Rejects Ayade's Appointment Over The Size Of His Government by Pavore9: 10:37pm On Oct 25, 2016
Hmm...I am yet to wrap my head around the theory that a bloated government is a means of sustainable empowerment! Rather than empower the people to be economically engaged and pay tax to the State from their proceeds expanding the cost of running the government is what we are being forced to accept as a way out!

The London School of Economics should come down to Cross River and learn while Professor Ayade should be awarded the Nobel Prize for Economics come next year! grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Attah Ochinke Rejects Ayade's Appointment Over The Size Of His Government by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 25, 2016
a principled man. with men like this, cross river has a bright future
Re: Attah Ochinke Rejects Ayade's Appointment Over The Size Of His Government by HCF(m): 10:48pm On Oct 25, 2016
Re: Attah Ochinke Rejects Ayade's Appointment Over The Size Of His Government by mickool(m): 10:48pm On Oct 25, 2016
Nice one sir.Good reputation is better than riches.keep and guard ur integrity sir.

1 Like

Re: Attah Ochinke Rejects Ayade's Appointment Over The Size Of His Government by cutekhalifa(m): 11:07pm On Oct 25, 2016
this small boy na formal attorney general Tufiakwa

Re: Attah Ochinke Rejects Ayade's Appointment Over The Size Of His Government by FemiFaniKayode: 11:11pm On Oct 25, 2016
Na lie jooor the greedy politician was probably expecting Chief of Staff or SSG.

Who born am to turn those down?
Na because na 1naira agency them give am

Shioooorrr
Re: Attah Ochinke Rejects Ayade's Appointment Over The Size Of His Government by President99: 11:13pm On Oct 25, 2016
In this era of Buhariyya people r still rejecting apppointment? from Najaatu,Usman Bugaji, paulen tallen to Hon Attah Ochinke wetin de happen? I need thode appointment
Re: Attah Ochinke Rejects Ayade's Appointment Over The Size Of His Government by tobloj(m): 11:32pm On Oct 25, 2016
I served in his village, Wula in Boki east. Didn't meet him personally, but now I know exactly y he is so revered

1 Like

Re: Attah Ochinke Rejects Ayade's Appointment Over The Size Of His Government by dapsonlou(m): 11:35pm On Oct 25, 2016
kingphilip:
Everybody just de reject political appointment up and down and the reason behind this is yet to be known

But to those who knows genuinely they can't handle the position, I'll really say kudos to them for staying off unlike those days and even now people accept appointment for political gratification as against merit

Because they can't steal again the have to make due with government salary which is very small.
Re: Attah Ochinke Rejects Ayade's Appointment Over The Size Of His Government by ricson11(m): 11:54pm On Oct 25, 2016
The fear of EFCC is the beginning of Rejection of government appointment

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari: I Don’t Expect Appreciation From Nigerians After Leaving Office / Senator Jimoh Ibrahim Appoints 100 Special Assistants / Bayelsa Development (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.