Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,550 members, 7,816,334 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation (30277 Views)

Asset Declaration: Saraki Ends Historic 14-day Cross-examination Of Witness / Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum / OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by Sanchez01: 8:17am On Oct 26, 2016
Mtchewww... I been think say na better person give ultimatum sef. I wasn't surprised upon seeing where it was issued from and who did the issuing. We should always learn that giving ultimata is not a way to making the government hear us. To them, it's a threat and they enjoy it. Worst still, what would happen after the expiration of the given ultimatum

Let's give our home grown rice a chance for once. By the way, is anyone aware that the ultimatum is issued From ANAMBRA WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SAID ANAMBRA RICE THAT FLOODED THE MARKET IN EXCESS, AS REPORTED BY PREMIUM TIMES

6 Likes

Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by cescky(m): 8:18am On Oct 26, 2016
Nice
Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by bettercreature(m): 8:18am On Oct 26, 2016
veekid:
Yeye; like say he go listen
who told you he can hear very well?Dont you know he has ear defect? Or why are you trying to abuse him
Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by HtwoOw: 8:18am On Oct 26, 2016
I hope so, even then those wicked wholesalers who have a container load of rice won't reduce the price, unless if government insists it should not exceed a price
Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by obaival(m): 8:19am On Oct 26, 2016
So they shld 4gt our own rice k kwontinu

1 Like

Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by Elthugnificent(m): 8:20am On Oct 26, 2016
DrRasheed:
Mr president people are really dieying, it seems like nigerians not ready for the home made rice.
I don't think that's the case, I believe the right mechanism should have been put in place before the ban imposed on importation. We only have two that produce sugar in Nigeria thereby making it a monopolistic market, hence everything keep increasing.
Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by 12inchDickson: 8:21am On Oct 26, 2016
Awon onijekuje
Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by cescky(m): 8:21am On Oct 26, 2016
omenka:
I swear, when I saw the word ultimatum I just decided to check the identity of the person issuing it, and I wasn't disappointed. cheesy

Awon Ultimate Warriors, everywhere they go. cheesy

My friend sharap
Or making a meaningful contribution to the thread hate infested soul.

Enslaved anal sucker every where u stay

4 Likes

Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by abu12: 8:22am On Oct 26, 2016
ibos and ultimatum, but I thought anambra state is now self-sufficient in rice production? why do they need the imported rice again

2 Likes

Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:22am On Oct 26, 2016
The FG dont want to produce rice, they are not supporting people that want to produce rice, and they are banninmg importation of rice
Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by papauju(m): 8:22am On Oct 26, 2016
saintmark88:
If FG lifts d ban, dz same man will say d govt is a confused govt. Mr man instead of complaining go n farm, u can produce rice for u n ur family. If u dnt c rice, u can eat beans
supported

2 Likes

Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by MrHenshaw: 8:24am On Oct 26, 2016
fexti:
The Campaign for Democracy, CD, has given the Federal Government a 14-day ultimatum to lift the ban on rice importation, to help reduce premature deaths by suicidal actions by hungry and frustrated Nigerians.
National Publicity Secretary of CD, Dede Uzor Uzor, who gave the ultimatum in Onitsha, Anambra State yesterday, said since government does not have any incentive for farmers to produce enough rice for local consumption, there is no need banning importation of such an important commodity.
Describing rice as one of the favourite staples of every family, Uzor declared that “with Nigeria being unable to grow enough rice for the population of about 180 million, continued placement of ban on it would only aggravate the situation and cause more harm than good.”

https://www.today.ng/news/nigeria/203636/14-day-ultimatum-lift-ban-rice-importation

14-Day Ultimatum or what will happen.Empty threat!!! What organised labour couldn't do for her citizens.
This is an example of dead on arrival.
Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by Abugab(m): 8:24am On Oct 26, 2016
Nigerians and importation is like tea and sugar.
Ok ooooo

2 Likes

Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by dEastActivist: 8:24am On Oct 26, 2016
Koleman:
we d wait for anambra and kebbi rice

Hope say you no go die before the the awaiting relief comes to you.
Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by talktonase(m): 8:25am On Oct 26, 2016
dreamworld:
Giving ultimatum to a person with ear problem is a very funny thing to do
him no dey hear any body...
Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by tete7000(m): 8:31am On Oct 26, 2016
saintmark88:
If FG lifts d ban, dz same man will say d govt is a confused govt. Mr man instead of complaining go n farm, u can produce rice for u n ur family. If u dnt c rice, u can eat beans

Do you farm yourself? You asked him to go and farm, assuming he goes into farming, subsistence farming; you think in this age and time and in a country of 180million people, subsistence farming is what will take the country out of this doldrums?
When I read comments like yours I am certain you are one of those who probably don't know what farming entails. Subsistence farming oga is not what the country needs to be food sufficient. We need massive investment in mechanised farming. With mechanised farming all Nigerians don't need to farm. 10% of our population doing that will feed everyone and we will still have left to export. It is what is obtained in developed society. That is why government needs to give incentives as the post suggests. Even constant power availability is needed. What happens when you produce so much and yet you can't preserve them? Only illiterate think everybody must be farmers. If we are all farmers, who will be mechanics, doctors, nurses, teachers, et al. You listen too much to ignorant people in government.
They are the ones who tell everyone to go and farm when they don't farm. They tell fresh graduates without experience, exposure and capital to not look for job but create one when with all the money they stole and opportunity they have had they haven't created one job themselves. Foolish leaders who look for ways to dodge their responsibility of first catering for their people.

4 Likes

Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 26, 2016
bbbabes:
This government is simply stupid... Even the US imports what they don't have.
Seriously I must confess, me and my family do not feel this recession in any way. Maybe it's simply cuz I looked for an alternative to get extra income.

In Niger state, local rice abound everywhere.
The problem is, the cost has gone high for obvious reasons.
Banning imported rice isn't the best for now because the demand for local rice outweighs the supply.
Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by senator000: 8:31am On Oct 26, 2016
Oga watch ur back so dat u won't be force to go on compulsory leave or EFCC will not come after u...because dt is our way nw...
Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by 989900D: 8:32am On Oct 26, 2016
Eat local rice, or eat something else.

2 Likes

Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by liquidity(m): 8:32am On Oct 26, 2016
saintmark88:

I think ur Father is a dependant
Is it that u can't respond with decorum. Our so called future of tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by Ratello: 8:32am On Oct 26, 2016
blackpanda:

Its very much available in d market. Whats more, its cheaper and healthier.
Its a shame how u have the effrontery to defend what is not under this clownish government of your master, Buhari.
Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by oladokun76: 8:33am On Oct 26, 2016
Do FG ban importation of rice or place restrictions. This not clear again, after all Nigeria judges are making billions in d this act. Let d foolish group know dat we need to be producing this crop locally by all means.

1 Like

Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by liquidity(m): 8:35am On Oct 26, 2016
saintmark88:

I think ur Father is a dependant
Is it that u can't respond with decorum? Our so called future of tomorrow.
Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by Hipsymoi: 8:36am On Oct 26, 2016
How many home made rice have you seen in the market?
for which market even sef?
blackpanda:

Its very much available in d market. Whats more, its cheaper and healthier.
Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by Bujumbura(m): 8:37am On Oct 26, 2016
omenka:
I swear, when I saw the word ultimatum I just decided to check the identity of the person issuing it, and I wasn't disappointed. cheesy

Awon Ultimate Warriors, everywhere they go. cheesy
you see everything through tribal lenses. I pity you cos the ship has sailed for long while you are still here
Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by Ratello: 8:37am On Oct 26, 2016
mrvitalis:

If no beans eat yam, if no yam potato dey. . Go jn sleep
Is that an advice?
Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by onwuakpachris(m): 8:39am On Oct 26, 2016
bubu banned foreign rice abi..okay no problem..but ma quest is js..is it dis local rice garnished with stones and sand dat bubu nd Aisha and zahra eat in aso rock..is it dis local rice dat Aisha prepares for him in d kitchen?....tufiakwa!!!
Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by undigeh: 8:40am On Oct 26, 2016
blackpanda:
Wicked demons! How long do u want nigeria to be enslaved?? We have more than enough rice to feed the country. Stop supporting this stupidity, this hunger to import everything importable. Importing rice makes absolutely no sense

There will be no need for importation if local food can carter for local demand.
The importation will only compliments the local produce.
Local products alone can not sustain the country demand neither can importation alone do.
Do you think FG of this country know the population of this country?
This is one of the important information govt need to know before it can plan adequately and successfully for good governance.

1 Like

Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 26, 2016
dreamworld:
Giving ultimatum to a person with ear problem is a very funny thing to do

Everybody don tire.

Wen dem dey complain about Goodluck, dem no know say frying pan better pass fire..

APC nah furnace.
Re: FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 26, 2016
blackpanda:
Wicked demons! How long do u want nigeria to be enslaved?? We have more than enough rice to feed the country. Stop supporting this stupidity, this hunger to import everything importable. Importing rice makes absolutely no sense

Are you black panda of instagram ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senator Kabir Marafa Blocks Ibe Kachikwu From Revealing Relationship With Buhari / Pakistani Lady Is Secretary To Nigerian High Commissioner To UK / Atiku’s Daughter-In-Law, Grandchildren Test Negative TO COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.