Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,409 members, 7,954,623 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:14 AM

Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer (36127 Views)

Nigerian Chief Turns Down Award In South Africa Because Of Xenophobia(photo) / Microbiology Graduate Who Had Distinction Turns Bricklayer (Photos) / Hot And Interesting Animal Science/zoology Project Topics And Materials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 26, 2016
there is nothing new joor... I studied music and now working as a medical doctor
Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by airlord2020: 2:07pm On Oct 26, 2016
Please what is wrong with that?
Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by MinorityTribe1: 2:08pm On Oct 26, 2016
Haute:
Big deal. undecided I know a photographer that makes 100mill per annum.
I know a thousand more that doesn't make less than half a quarter zilch of that amount. Let's stop giving ourselves unnecessary hope.

1 Like

Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by Diplomaticbeing(m): 2:12pm On Oct 26, 2016
I wonder why and how people that live orthodox lifestyle still expects to make a difference. The guy in question has himself to blame. Same goes for any lettered person anywhere that's unemployed.

By the way, I don't see anything wrong with being a photography, especially if he has passion for it.

4 Likes

Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 26, 2016
And this is news? Abeg make I spread my mat here, this sun fit cook yam
Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 26, 2016
MinorityTribe1:
I know a thousand more that doesn't make less than half a quarter zilch of that amount. Let's stop giving ourselves unnecessary hope.

Lol...Are you the Pessimist-in-chief of nairaland?
Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by pharaoh366: 2:24pm On Oct 26, 2016
Pavore9:
No big deal! I know someone who studied Aeronautic Engineering but now earning his income from raising earthworms, he owns Planet Worms! cheesy cheesy

Like seriously. Lol
Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 26, 2016
MinorityTribe1:
Nobody should dare mentioned one useless "passion" for me o! Wetin Zoology graduate fit do self? The course is virtually useless for Nigeria and i pity people studying that course. The best you can do is to study up to PHD level so you can be a lecturer and churn out more unfortunate graduates or you join politics like Oga Jona. Let's face the facts, Some courses are useless.
we have zoos in Nigeria
Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by toprealman: 2:31pm On Oct 26, 2016
Naija and their shallow mind! Don Moen is a trained medical doctor. No crime in pursuing your passion.
Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by Princejboy(m): 2:36pm On Oct 26, 2016
Thats naija for you
Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by Pavore9: 2:38pm On Oct 26, 2016
pharaoh366:

Like seriously. Lol

Yes o, his worm farm that is about half a plot was fetching him over $1,200 monthly as at August 2015, his income should have tripled by now.
Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by soberdrunk(m): 2:44pm On Oct 26, 2016
My guy nko way read raw still do masters and now he sells frozen chicken, turkey and fish......
Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by TerrorSquad147: 2:48pm On Oct 26, 2016
I studied geology for five years but I'm a producer and a web designer
Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by TerrorSquad147: 2:49pm On Oct 26, 2016
I studied geology for five years but I'm a producer and a web designer wink
Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by Peace2love: 3:02pm On Oct 26, 2016
Pylony:
In places like Japan you most have a particular skill before gaining admission into tertiary school to improve on it. In Nigeria we go to school with zero skill and are expected to come out with one after facing the four corners of a class room like its magic.

Really! Once the incoming government appoint me Minister of Education, I will address it.
Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by nijanigga: 3:10pm On Oct 26, 2016
praiseoski:
I blame buhari for this
go buy some brain,Buhari was not near power then he chose zoology and parasitology
Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by SirVictory: 3:14pm On Oct 26, 2016
Donmoris212:

ma guy wey read mechanical engineer dey work for bank too
Lol ma guy no be small thing o
Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by wiseoneking: 3:18pm On Oct 26, 2016
MinorityTribe1:
Nobody should dare mentioned one useless "passion" for me o! Wetin Zoology graduate fit do self? The course is virtually useless for Nigeria and i pity people studying that course. The best you can do is to study up to PHD level so you can be a lecturer and churn out more unfortunate graduates or you join politics like Oga Jona. Let's face the facts, Some courses are useless.
Over here in state of California and also maryland, you got some of them earning above national average. Lots of jobs for them in the US with hundreds of wildlife reserves and parks dotted in all the states. Many are more in research instiutions and hospitals. Nigeria is the great ZOO, yet her zoology graduates are still unemployed.

5 Likes

Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by Bants(m): 3:24pm On Oct 26, 2016
Do know how many bugs are on people's couch and bed guy if buy chemical open a bug killing company...Remember say Ona kan owoja...
Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by Samcent: 3:31pm On Oct 26, 2016
Whatever puts food on ur table, as long as it's not illegal, is d way to go.
As things stand now in ds country, any graduate that insists on doing a job related to his certificate/course of study may end up doing nothing.
I spent d first 3years of my working life doing jobs that were not in anyway related to my degree. Each time I look back, I always thank God I took dat step. For me, it was a step out of idleness and a step out of poverty.
Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by Cre8(m): 3:34pm On Oct 26, 2016
this is funny and at the same time annoying. How can someone spend a good number of years to study just to a course and ended up becoming a photographer?

This clearly shows the state of the academy sector in Nigeria and the adverse effect of going with the crowd or living with the outcome of what a person is given to study in the university.

I studied PHYSCIS WITH ELECTRONICS but now a GRAPHIC DESIGNER. Wish i had known, would have gone for it as a course as i found pressure in designing than in running one yeye experiment on a white board.

You can check my portfolio to see what have been upto in CGD world. I love what i do. Passion is the Way

[size=16pt]https://www.nairaland.com/1841535/suptol-designs-portfolio[/size]
Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by snowblaq(f): 3:36pm On Oct 26, 2016
...obviously, there are courses you should not study in Nigeria.... undecided
Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by fabienjoe: 3:46pm On Oct 26, 2016
Sexymimy:
He is either really passionate about photography or the bad economy did not favour his employment into a profession he studied 7 years in school.. Oh well, this part of the world has a way of resetting one's destiny.

http://www.trendyrammy.com.ng/2016/10/see-what-this-nigerian-guy-is-doing.html

While I won't deny the unemployment crisis in Nigeria, this sort of thing is not peculiar to Nigeria. My question is, who can say where he fits in, except lecturing/research? Me neither! Go to the UK, you see Nigerian graduates, many with higher degrees including Phd's working as security guards, care assistants, mental healthcare assistants, customer care assistants, sales assistants, cab drivers, even as cleaners. These are intelligent young men and women with their degrees in disciplines like engineering, accounting, political science, chemistry, law.....just anything. Even the citizens are not insulated from this. Good British graduates working on shop floors as sales assistants - standing on their feet for 6 hours at a stretch - is not uncommon, and I dare add, earning minimum wage. Some British graduates still work as security guards and so on. It is not a Nigerian thing. All over the developed world, there is job crisis. When the developed world reel out their employment figures, we look at it as ideal. More than 50% of those are either underemployed or working part time. Nigerians in that category would claim to be unemployed.

2 Likes

Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by AreaFada2: 4:02pm On Oct 26, 2016
toprealman:
Naija and their shallow mind! Don Moen is a trained medical doctor. No crime in pursuing your passion.

My dear I wonder, education is mostly about transferable skills and developing your mind.

Many writers were once medics or medical students.

Many boardrooms worldwide have engineers, medics, lawyers, historians, etc.
Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by seunlly(m): 4:02pm On Oct 26, 2016
Unnecessary post

1 Like

Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by MightySparrow: 4:13pm On Oct 26, 2016
Out of point. He should just go and make a living in a zoo or become a parasite. grin ; D ; D
Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by alleygra(f): 4:26pm On Oct 26, 2016
u r very ignorant of the benefits of being a zoologist , not even to talk of parasitology , dont just go about critizing what you are not enlignthened about...
MinorityTribe1:

2 Likes

Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by senoritaflora(f): 5:25pm On Oct 26, 2016
There's dignity in labour. I'm sure he turned his hobby into A job.
Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by Ademat7(m): 5:38pm On Oct 26, 2016
fabienjoe:

While I won't deny the unemployment crisis in Nigeria, this sort of thing is not peculiar to Nigeria. My question is, who can say where he fits in, except lecturing/research? Me neither! Go to the UK, you see Nigerian graduates, many with higher degrees including Phd's working as security guards, care assistants, mental healthcare assistants, customer care assistants, sales assistants, cab drivers, even as cleaners. These are intelligent young men and women with their degrees in disciplines like engineering, accounting, political science, chemistry, law.....just anything. Even the citizens are not insulated from this. Good British graduates working on shop floors as sales assistants - standing on their feet for 6 hours at a stretch - is not uncommon, and I dare add, earning minimum wage. Some British graduates still work as security guards and so on. It is not a Nigerian thing. All over the developed world, there is job crisis. When the developed world reel out their employment figures, we look at it as ideal. More than 50% of those are either underemployed or working part time. Nigerians in that category would claim to be unemployed.
wao!
Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by acorntree(m): 5:46pm On Oct 26, 2016
fabienjoe:

why then people still crazy about higher degrees?
Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by saintfrank(m): 5:57pm On Oct 26, 2016
lol 4 Nija were we dey......everything nah carry go grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by noziz(m): 6:32pm On Oct 26, 2016
who nor go school better pass person wey go for dis country, maybe this guy cram his way out of the varsity plus d fact say Nigeria na upsidedown country grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady Sacked For Not Sleeping With Her Indian Boss, Nigerians React / Update On My Issue With My Boss. / Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.