Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,449 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

Update On My Issue With My Boss. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Update On My Issue With My Boss. (35791 Views)

Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss / My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update On My Issue With My Boss. by WillyWonda1: 8:14pm On Feb 15, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/6983980/gave-boss-shocker-life

Sequel to my previous post about my boss and I.
It was a dramatic day for me yesterday. While everyone was enjoying Valentine's day celebration, I was summoned to a panel to explain my reasons for having to yell at my superior at work and not reporting to HR just like everyone has been suggesting on the comment section.
So I honoured the panel while a member of the board of directors was invited to hear from both parties.
My boss was emphasizing on the fact that I don't do the duties assigned to me, which is a BIG FAT LIE. Basically, he didn't have any cogent reason for his negative actions towards me. It was just pure hatred. I was then asked to talk, then I told the panel that since I was posted to his department, I've been getting negative vibes from him for no reason. I endured the whole hatred for 2 years and 3months under him without any retaliation.
Luckily, the MD had been briefed about the whole thing.
Now, i need you all to understand that I have a personal relationship with the MD.
So while the panel was ongoing, the MD called on zoom and interfered in the meeting. After hearing from both of us, he gladly ordered that my now EX BOSS be transferred to our portharcourt branch while someone else takes over with immediate effect.
Before I decided to yell at him, I had already made up my mind for whatever the outcome would be cos I had been pushed to the wall. Then the promotion even worsened the whole issue to the point that he couldn't hold the hatred other than to show it to me.
During pep talk this morning, y'all needed to see the look on his face. It was obvious he wanted me out, but to God be the glory, reverse is the case.

The MD later called me personally to admonish me about taking laws into my hands. I apologized and the whole thing ended.

I'm sorry for the long talk, but that's how it all played out.
Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. God bless us all.

730 Likes 54 Shares

Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by MufasaLion: 8:15pm On Feb 15, 2022
Brother, I'm glad you are off the hook. I never judged your actions but I hope you'd learn how to not take the law into your hands again. You were lucky!

Cheers, mate!

281 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by WillyWonda1: 8:20pm On Feb 15, 2022
MufasaLion:
Brother, I'm glad you are off the hook. I never judged your actions but In hope you'd learn how to not take the law into your hands again. You were lucky!

Cheers, mate!
Thanks a bunch. I appreciate your concern

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by Rizmo(m): 8:22pm On Feb 15, 2022
So many jealous bosses at the work place.
Thank God for you OP. People are so mean to an extent that they don't mind you losing your source of livelihood. They want to be God in your life.

174 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by WillyWonda1: 8:25pm On Feb 15, 2022
Rizmo:
So many jealous bosses at the work place.
Thank God for you OP. People are so mean to an extent that they don't mind you losing your source of livelihood. They want to be God in your life.

Man no be God.

39 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by BENCHOKCONSULT: 8:48pm On Feb 15, 2022
WillyWonda1:

It was a dramatic day for me yesterday. While everyone was enjoying Valentine's day celebration, I was summoned to a panel to explain my reasons for having to yell at my superior at work and not reporting to HR just like everyone has been suggesting on the comment section.
So I honoured the panel while a member of the board of directors was invited to hear from both parties.
My boss was emphasizing on the fact that I don't do the duties assigned to me, which is a BIG FAT LIE. Basically, he didn't have any cogent reason for his negative actions towards me. It was just pure hatred. I was then asked to talk, then I told the panel that since I was posted to his department, I've been getting negative vibes from him for no reason. I endured the whole hatred for 2 years and 3months under him without any retaliation.
Now, i need you all to understand that I have a personal relationship with the MD.
So while the panel was ongoing, the MD called on zoom and interfered in the meeting. After hearing from both of us, he gladly ordered that my now EX BOSS be transferred to our portharcourt branch while someone else takes over with immediate effect.
Before I decided to yell at him, I had already made up my mind for whatever the outcome would be cos I had been pushed to the wall. Then the promotion even worsened the whole issue to the point that he couldn't hold the hatred other than to show it to me.
During pep talk this morning, y'all needed to see the look on his face. It was obvious he wanted me out, but to God be the glory, reverse is the case.

The MD later called me personally to admonish me about taking laws into my hands. I apologized and the whole thing ended.

Exactly how I was planning to yell at my ex boss but I just had to leave the toxic environment, I left their job for them and I ThankGod I am in a place of peace.

89 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by princejohnard(m): 10:50pm On Feb 15, 2022
That's relieving, Bro... [color=#000099][/color]

2 Likes

Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by chigoziri2403(m): 11:12pm On Feb 15, 2022
To be candid, your personal relationship with the MD was what saved you

In a work place , there are processes to report an erring superior

You might not be lucky next time,if your next boss also have a personal relationship with the MD.

285 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by Chijeep(m): 11:12pm On Feb 15, 2022
K
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by momodub: 11:13pm On Feb 15, 2022
Listening
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by The5DME(m): 11:14pm On Feb 15, 2022
Ishilove
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by LuQuLuQu(m): 11:14pm On Feb 15, 2022
My dear jealousy in place of work is real

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by Kharol1234: 11:15pm On Feb 15, 2022
Na you win at last.

2 Likes

Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by Lastmankc(m): 11:16pm On Feb 15, 2022
My own boss is even worst.I go soon break bottle for him head then I will resign.The guy is so toxic.

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by spafu(m): 11:16pm On Feb 15, 2022
Ok
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by Agricmoney(m): 11:16pm On Feb 15, 2022
cool

Anyway, Agriculture is life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by Penguin2: 11:16pm On Feb 15, 2022
Congratulations my man.

I’d rather die on my feet than live on my knees.

I read some comments by some p*ssy ass niggurs on your previous post blaming you for standing up to your irrational hating boss, and I couldn’t but laugh at their cowardice.

One guy even quoted the law of power. But he forgot that of the Laws states that you should “know when to strike”.

Apparently, as an Alphamale, you struck at the right time and things ended in your Favour.

If had done what you did, you still would be under the supervision of a hateful soul for God knows how long.

I think even the elements of nature knows that you did nothing to the man and that’s why they worked in your favour.

I will leave you with a piece of advice… For the next one year or even two years, make sure no one hears you sneeze in that office. Make sure this victory doesn’t get into your head (“In Victory, Know When to Stop”) . Or you might finally chop the stick. From now on, be seen but never heard; only do the duties assigned to you.

Good luck as I wish you more promotions.

258 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by aboyaji(m): 11:16pm On Feb 15, 2022
Most superiors think they're gods. Especially, in Nigeria.

14 Likes

Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by Cholls(m): 11:17pm On Feb 15, 2022
chigoziri2403:
my brother what is this
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by deepwater(f): 11:17pm On Feb 15, 2022
Na onto say u been know MD before na im give u mind para for your oga....

No be say u be strong man, ur MD allowed u to stay because of someone else he respects and not you. No go dey feel your self....

Your organisation has a policy for grievance management and report channel. Next time try to use that instead of barking like an animal in the office.

But don't forget, that your boss has seen your post here already...

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by Terrence99: 11:17pm On Feb 15, 2022
Good
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by KiNg0G: 11:17pm On Feb 15, 2022
WillyWonda1:

I'm sorry for the long talk, but that's how it all played out
nice script.

but we don't believe you.

for you to put this on air publicly shows it's scripted from day one

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by Oduduwa707: 11:18pm On Feb 15, 2022
I think your MD was sentimental in his approach by transferring the Fool to PH.

But, you sef na craze man... grin

5 Likes

Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by ImoleNaija: 11:18pm On Feb 15, 2022
May God save us from enemies within and outside.

When I noticed the change, I went to him and begged him to tell me what I had done wrong so we could settle everything and get back along. But he said I did nothing wrong and I shouldn't worry about anything

Considering your other thread, are you sure that your Ukraine community girl (maybe ex now) no dey give your Oga chop while she's around?

Most bosses don't like to share kpomo with their juniors o. Dem go just dey vex anyhow.

Never say never.

2 Likes

Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by MarveworldG: 11:19pm On Feb 15, 2022
Please watch your back

2 Likes

Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by chigoziri2403(m): 11:19pm On Feb 15, 2022
Cholls:
my brother what is this
Bobrisky
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by iHart(m): 11:19pm On Feb 15, 2022
Lucky you
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by fatymore(f): 11:19pm On Feb 15, 2022
Awwwn. Thank God it ended well for both of you.

What i meant by it ended well is, none of you lost his job

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by Akinola2543(m): 11:19pm On Feb 15, 2022
Glad you didn't loose your Job.
Please take lessons from this never to take laws into your hands.
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by RMTee: 11:20pm On Feb 15, 2022
Thanks to God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by Munzy14(m): 11:20pm On Feb 15, 2022
WillyWonda1:

Don't laws into your hands...If there are laid down rules, follow it...And over react when nothing changed after...

Even though I am of the unconventional humans, Some times I observe the rules and regulations to trap my game fully before striking...

The whole thing is a lesson....And neve oppress a junior in future endeavour.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages / I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble / My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.