Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer (35997 Views)

Nigerian Chief Turns Down Award In South Africa Because Of Xenophobia(photo) / Microbiology Graduate Who Had Distinction Turns Bricklayer (Photos) / Hot And Interesting Animal Science/zoology Project Topics And Materials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by noziz(m): 6:33pm On Oct 26, 2016
who nor go school better pass person wey go for dis country, maybe this guy cram his way out of the varsity plus d fact say Nigeria na upsidedown country
Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by Pizzy01(m): 6:36pm On Oct 26, 2016
kenonze:
grin

We are safer if he remain a photographer than becoming another President of Nigeria (we have suffered a lot from zoological president)
.so, you preferred a Photographic president?
Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by Gaxx01(m): 8:07pm On Oct 26, 2016
MinorityTribe1:
Nobody should dare mentioned one useless "passion" for me o! Wetin Zoology graduate fit do self? The course is virtually useless for Nigeria and i pity people studying that course. The best you can do is to study up to PHD level so you can be a lecturer and churn out more unfortunate graduates or you join politics like Oga Jona. Let's face the facts, Some courses are useless.

FOOL!!
My friend studied Zoology n works in in Department of Petroleum Recourses..
I bet u are under 18..
What do u know
Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 26, 2016
As children we all had hobbies, majority of them could churn good income in the real world. I remember being able to draw very good while wishing to become a banker in future. Had to drop drawing for studies in SS1 to concentrate fully on one. Worst mistake I ever made. Fast forward almost two decades later, I'm now an out of work banker with no secondary skill.
Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by MALIK15: 9:18pm On Oct 26, 2016
Parents should guide their children in building career. Where did he expect to work when he chose that course in jamb ?
Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by misscall247: 9:50pm On Oct 26, 2016
soberdrunk:
My nko way read raw still do masters and now he sells frozen chicken, turkey and fish......
Stop kidding me.......are u serious?
Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by GIDEONUDEH(m): 11:32pm On Oct 26, 2016
Dandsome:
Nothing new
That's true
Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by philfrey08: 11:35pm On Oct 26, 2016
SirVictory:
Omo this is Nigeria, you read one thing and you become anything. Ma guy wey read Political Science dey work for bank now
That's better... It seems you know nothing about Political Science. Were you expecting him or her to work in the Senate?

1 Like

Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by SirVictory: 7:07am On Oct 27, 2016
philfrey08:

That's better... It seems you know nothing about Political Science. Were you expecting him or her to work in the Senate?
Nd who told you I was expecting him to work in the Senate dumbass. He's nw a banker doing the work of an accountant nd other related fields nd u're here spewing rubbish
Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by Pylony(m): 7:46am On Oct 27, 2016
Peace2love:

Really! Once the incoming government appoint me Minister of Education, I will address it.
Lol.. Sounds like a dream
Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by laudate: 11:55am On Oct 28, 2016
MinorityTribe1:
Nobody should dare mentioned one useless "passion" for me o! Wetin Zoology graduate fit do self? The course is virtually useless for Nigeria and i pity people studying that course. The best you can do is to study up to PHD level so you can be a lecturer and churn out more unfortunate graduates or you join politics like Oga Jona. Let's face the facts, Some courses are useless.

Guy, there are over 37 different branches and specialties of Zoology, which rake in good money for the practitioners abroad. It is only in Nigeria with its lack of infrastructure and focus, that such courses are not valued. The chap who studied parasitology, can easily work as a medical laboratory technologist after doing a few additional courses. Parasitologists are part of those set of people that conduct various diagnostic tests on human blood samples and tissues, to determine the parasite causing any disease in the body, so that doctors can then have the right information that would enable them prescribe the right medication to treat the disease.

In other countries they work as highly-paid and highly-valued researchers in international medical pharmaceutical labs with other scientists, seeking cures that would destroy parasites that cause diseases in human beings. Each time a new drug is discovered, or a new medication is launched to treat an existing disease, guess how much those multinational pharmaceutical companies make? Millions of dollars! The annual profit of companies like Pfizer, Astra Zeneca, Merck etc., exceeds the annual budget of several African countries!

From Entomology, to Virology to Aquatic Biology, Fisheries and Oceanography which are sub-disciplines of Zoology, there is a wide field to choose from, and several industries in which their skills can be applied.

If Nigeria could get its act right, they would be able to put their skills to good use here...
Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by laudate: 12:05am On Oct 30, 2016
sad shocked undecided
alleygra:
u r very ignorant of the benefits of being a zoologist , not even to talk of parasitology , dont just go about critizing what you are not enlignthened about...
That guy knows nothing! sad In many East African countries and several nations where wildlife and games reserves thrive, Zoologists are employed as conservationists and wildlife experts. Some are so good at their job, that they use their forensic skills to help Interpol to track down criminal poachers who export ivory to different parts of the world.
Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by laudate: 12:08am On Oct 30, 2016
Gaxx01:

FOOL!!
My friend studied Zoology n works in in Department of Petroleum Recourses..
I bet u are under 18..
What do u know

Don't mind him! angry There is a branch of Zoology known as Toxicology and Environmental Management. Those who possess advanced qualifications in this field are employed by oil & gas companies to carry out remediation programmes along with other experts, whenever there is an oil spill.

1 Like

Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by Originalsly: 1:53am On Oct 30, 2016
Too many graduates pass through university with a Plan A only.... no Plan B. Plan A... to be employed in the field they studied..and to enter the market at a certain level or above. This guy has a Plan B...photography but can always take up Plan A when the opportunity is presented. He has not wasted his years in the university.
Re: Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer by laudate: 2:06am On Oct 31, 2016
wiseoneking:
Over here in state of California and also maryland, you got some of them earning above national average. Lots of jobs for them in the US with hundreds of wildlife reserves and parks dotted in all the states. Many are more in research instiutions and hospitals. Nigeria is the great ZOO, yet her zoology graduates are still unemployed.

Help me tell dem, o jare! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? / Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse / My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.