Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby (24490 Views)

Nigerian Nanny Sentenced To 15 Years Over Death Of Baby She Force-Fed / Mastermind Of Orekoya Kids Kidnapped By Nanny, Arrested 3 Years Later / Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by agbonkamen(f): 1:34pm On Oct 27, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
bro the way my african parents raised me ? even kunta kinte didnt get that much beatings
grin
AlphaCentauri:
bro the way my african parents raised me ? even kunta kinte didnt get that much beatings
Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by Burger01(m): 1:35pm On Oct 27, 2016
I don't know why some women like forcing things down children's throats. Na by force to eat

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by IamOpemipo(m): 1:35pm On Oct 27, 2016
Oyinbo pikin wey no get stregth ehn, u tink say na ita ogbolu u dey?
Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 27, 2016
UrennaNkoli:
Those Yoruba mothers that force hot pap into children's mouth, are you reading this?
tell them o, they will pin a child's hand and legs,na wah o

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by Adeevah(m): 1:39pm On Oct 27, 2016
And the child died of overfeeding

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by KOBOJO: 1:40pm On Oct 27, 2016
Only an Afonja nanny would commit such a heinous crime agains an innocent baby..

Forcing a hot liquid...(probably an acid). ,down an infants throat.,

I trust oyinbos to do the needful., jail her till the second coming of Christ !!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by Taryur3(m): 1:41pm On Oct 27, 2016
IamOpemipo:
Oyinbo pikin wey no get stregth ehn, u tink say na ita ogbolu u dey?
Off point.na naija pikin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 27, 2016
It's unfortunate

Don't get frustrated on the job no matter what you face

Her tribe has nothing to do with it obviously at 66 she had to put food on the table ....she is at retirement age it's sad but the law is the law

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by ceejay80s(m): 1:44pm On Oct 27, 2016

OK, NOW SHE IS NIGERIAN NANNY BUT FOR CHIDINMA CASE, SHES ANAMBRA AND NOT CHIDINMA, i was waiting for this news to come, twisting journalism ....
rubbish, see pix below, its their tribe , always disgracing us abroad

afonjazzy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by josite: 1:47pm On Oct 27, 2016
u go hire ur mother's agemate at 66 as a nanny.isn't it obvious 66 year old woman need a undisturbed nap in the afternoon?.
Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by ginggerxy: 1:48pm On Oct 27, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
she looks igbo.

not tryna be tribalistic, i know she yoruba but she has igbo phenotype
no bro can't you see her cone head grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 27, 2016
BALLOSKI:
The worst nannies are found in Africa.

The worst people are found in Africa!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by stronggman: 1:51pm On Oct 27, 2016
U think say na yorubaland wey una dey force a day old baby to drink 2 bucket of pap

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 1:53pm On Oct 27, 2016
Hmm,

I don't want to say much.

NCA, westlandgracht The Netherlands branch.
Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by AlphaCentauri: 1:54pm On Oct 27, 2016
ginggerxy:
no bro can't you see her cone head grin
lolzzzz cone head
Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by ginggerxy: 1:55pm On Oct 27, 2016
UrennaNkoli:
Those Yoruba mothers that force hot pap into children's mouth, are you reading this?
dats y the children no dey get sense na hot pap dey full their head. They should suffocate her too. Idiot angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 27, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
she looks igbo.

Heh? She looks very very yoruba! See her fat conish head and yoruba eyes.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by Jacko1(m): 2:02pm On Oct 27, 2016
1 million dollar bond

Ahhhhhhh

Dem wan use her do example

Forgerrit..... D prosecutor she is facing will ensure she dey go jail shikena

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by Arijude(m): 2:03pm On Oct 27, 2016
As ugly as early morning poo
Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by Greatzeus(m): 2:05pm On Oct 27, 2016
She force fed the baby resulting in her death,it doesn't sound intentional,but I trust US police they must have done a lot of investigation for them to conclude it to be murder, unlike some police somewhere lipsrsealed
And to think lots of Nigerians are looking for someone to force feed them in this recession period,yet they didn't see cry if you are one of them click like, if you are not click like tongue
Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by Arijude(m): 2:05pm On Oct 27, 2016
O kwanu ndi isi odo ooo!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by walosky(m): 2:05pm On Oct 27, 2016
choi! but yoruba nannies dey ugly o...see as she dey like rottweiler !

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by phreakabit(m): 2:10pm On Oct 27, 2016
olayinka807:
A Nigerian woman[size=28pt] Oluremi Oyindasola[/size], 66, of Glenarden, Maryland working as a nanny has been arrested and has been charged with second-degree murder, first-degree child abuse resulting in death and other offenses after police said she force fed an eight-month-old baby girl who then later died.
Prince George's County Police said Wednesday, a home surveillance system recorded Oyindasola taking a nap when the crying infant, eight-month-old Enita Salubi, approached her in a toddler walker.

According to Police, Oyindasola unsuccessfully tried to feed the child, then when she got frustrated with the infant not wanting to eat, she 'proceeded to pour a large amount of white liquid directly inside the victim's mouth'.
Col. Harry Bond with Prince George's County Police said:

'She forcefully poured the two bottles of what looks to be milk down the baby's mouth, causing her to not be able to breathe, suffocating her, and eventually she died at the hospital.'

The Police also released a press statement which read:

'On October 24th, at about 4.10pm, the baby had been rushed to a hospital after she became unresponsive at home. 'She was pronounced dead a short time later. An autopsy on Tuesday revealed the baby’s cause of death was asphyxiation. The manner of death was ruled a homicide. 'The preliminary investigation revealed the injuries to the baby occurred while in the sole care and custody of Oyindasola.' Oyindasol 'is in the custody of the Department of Corrections,' the release said.

Oyindasola, is being held on $1million bond.

Source - http://www.gisthit.com/2016/10/nigerian-nanny-arrested-for-killing.html

These people oh. . .
Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by phreakabit(m): 2:12pm On Oct 27, 2016
Nahwao:

Heh? She looks very very yoruba! See her fat conish head and yoruba eyes.

Leave the dimwit.
Which time Igbo's come dey get big mouth with thick lips like that.
Not to mention fat head?
Not insulting her though, just stating typical yoruba features.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by Baroba(m): 2:22pm On Oct 27, 2016
teejaymos:
Is better my wife resign @ place of work than to hire nanny.. I can't joke with my wife n kids..

Word!! Unfortunately a lot of young Nigerians in diaspora employ older Nigerian women to babysit there little ones for pittance while they chase pounds and dollars..

The problem is most adopt the same traditional archaic practices from Nigeria when it comes to feeding or bathing children..

Be wise people... sad story.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by Dandeedadrunk(m): 2:26pm On Oct 27, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
she looks igbo.

U got it
Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 27, 2016
DIFY20:
OFONJA WILL GO TO ANOTHER MAN COUNTRY TO do nanny work only to kill their children .....is dis not curse

ofonja

ofonnja

ofonja..

both women and men do ritual

even with her face like poo how will the child eat the food

it is called Afonja not ofonja, you are standby corrected
Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by helovesme(f): 3:23pm On Oct 27, 2016
Baroba:

Word!! Unfortunately a lot of young Nigerians in diaspora employ older Nigerian women to babysit there little ones for pittance while they chase pounds and dollars..

The problem is most adopt the same traditional archaic practices from Nigeria when it comes to feeding or bathing children..

Be wise people... sad story.

You are right.

Rather than just "close eyes" and put the child in a nursery and pay nursery fees or use a registered/qualified child minder, they go the cheap route and employ these "nannies". Most of these nannies are either illegals or people on holiday but looking at making some quick cash.

Who in their right mind force feeds a baby? It's no surprise why nigeria has one of the highest child mortality rates in the world. Be not deceived. Many kids in nigeria have died this way but as there's no autopsy or surveillance camera, the adult simply states that the child's death is unexplained or blames it on some spritual force that has attacked the child.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by Excuzeme: 3:58pm On Oct 27, 2016
KOBOJO:
Only an Afonja nanny would commit such a heinous crime agains an innocent baby..

Forcing a hot liquid...(probably an acid). ,down an infants throat.,

I trust oyinbos to do the needful., jail her till the second coming of Christ !!

Shut your silly, tribalistic buccal cavity! #Flatty.headed.mowron

[size=14pt]Won ti fun awon omo'ale, olori pelebe wonyi loro'so! [/size]

if you still have parents, ask them how their own mother fed them.
Its a common method in this part of the world, not just Nigeria alone.
Somehow, it did not kill the babies but they get fed! which is god for them

The event is sad no doubt.

Her mistake was assuming the 'kids of today' have the same resilience like the 'old school kids', who are rugged like mad!
Yea, she could be negligent based on ignorance and illiteracy but l am 100% sure she did not intend to kill that child.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests 21 Internet Fraudsters In Umuahia / UnilagOlodo Ibrahim Salawu: "I Didn't Rape Lady Who Accused Me" / Mob Destroys LAGBUS For Killing Five-year-old Schoolgirl (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.