Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,324 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

My Children Won't Get A Penny From My £70bn Fortune - Bill Gates - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Children Won't Get A Penny From My £70bn Fortune - Bill Gates (903 Views)

Jason Njoku: "My Children Won't Inherit My Money" - Iroko TV Boss Says / Jeff Bezos Overtakes Bill Gates To Become World's Richest Man / 7 Reasons Why You Are Not Earning A Penny Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Children Won't Get A Penny From My £70bn Fortune - Bill Gates by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 27, 2016
The world’s richest man Bill Gates has admitted he will not be leaving his £70billion fortune to his three children. Appearing on ITV’s This Morning the Microsoft creator, who has an estimated net worth of $81.7 billion, says his kids understand his decision.

Speaking to Holly Willoughby and Ben Shephard, the 60-year-old said: “Well, our kids receive a great education and some money but they will go out and have their own careers. They are never going to be poorly off.

It's not a favour to kids to have them have huge sums of wealth. It distorts anything they might do, creating their own path. This money is dedicated to helping the poorest. They know that, they are proud of that, they go on trips with us to see the work that's being done.”

Source: http://www.jtownconnect.com/2016/10/my-children-wont-get-penny-from-my-70bn.html

Re: My Children Won't Get A Penny From My £70bn Fortune - Bill Gates by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 27, 2016
Lalasticlala
Re: My Children Won't Get A Penny From My £70bn Fortune - Bill Gates by Wizzyblack3(m): 8:45am On Oct 27, 2016
After giving them all what they need to become their own billionaire, i fully support his idea

1 Like

Re: My Children Won't Get A Penny From My £70bn Fortune - Bill Gates by PapiDShipCapt(m): 8:46am On Oct 27, 2016
which kind wicked papa b this na?
Re: My Children Won't Get A Penny From My £70bn Fortune - Bill Gates by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:52am On Oct 27, 2016
PapiDShipCapt:
which kind wicked papa b this na?
He isn't a wicked papa bro, he's sending an indirect message to his children so start walking down the way of success of their own than dwelling on his wealth. He's not like politicians(thieves) we have here in Nigeria who could embezzle & syphone public funds so that their 5th generation won't suffer, Take Abacha As A Case Study..

1 Like

Re: My Children Won't Get A Penny From My £70bn Fortune - Bill Gates by talktonase(m): 8:56am On Oct 27, 2016
I like the decision he has made.Unlike our lazy black Africans that keep waiting for their parents to die so they can inherit wealth...
Re: My Children Won't Get A Penny From My £70bn Fortune - Bill Gates by mii4u(f): 9:03am On Oct 27, 2016
If he supports them properly so that they do well in life, then it is not a very bad idea, but if not, "a good father leaves inheritance for his children "
Re: My Children Won't Get A Penny From My £70bn Fortune - Bill Gates by asitis752: 9:18am On Oct 27, 2016
Nice
Re: My Children Won't Get A Penny From My £70bn Fortune - Bill Gates by Pavore9: 9:27am On Oct 27, 2016
"It's not a favour to kids to have them have huge sums of wealth. It distorts anything they might do, creating their own path"...So true!
Re: My Children Won't Get A Penny From My £70bn Fortune - Bill Gates by imohchard(m): 9:30am On Oct 27, 2016
Ahh

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Emerges 5th Largest Insurance Market In Africa / Beyond Horizons Exchange: We Buy Paypal,payoneer, Btc, PM, Neteller And Skrill / Quotes From Famous Men That Turned Out To Be Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.