Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan (21468 Views)

FG: Why Restructuring Won’t Work Now / Why We’re Taking A Huge N9.61 Trillion Loan – Nigerian Government / Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by djmadridal: 6:37pm On Oct 27, 2016
[quote author=wacoj post=50555051]This certainly can NEVER be possible.
They wont succeed in getting such a huge loan.

AMEN!

3 Likes

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by LordAdam: 6:41pm On Oct 27, 2016
989900D:

Borrowing should be restricted strictly to income generating projects/infrastructure!

All other social, and whatever adjuncts should be removed (way to siphon money)!

At emboldened, how is that part of conventional borrowing, and at the 'at cheapest rates', how is 15% and above 'cheapest rates'? That should be some typo I guess. Any borrowing above 1-2% interest rate -- I strongly DO NOT approve.

Income generating projects/infrastructure are another way to siphon money. Who would give out the contract, who would carry out the contract, who would supervise?

Before you invest so much in infrastructure, you first ensure there is accountability.

The cankerworms are still in government and even the government is headed by a man who can't see beyond his nose.

That is why we have nothing to show for the N11.3T already released. It is exactly why we will have nothing to show after borrowing the N9T.

I only sound an alarm when shi* is about to hit the fan.

I did it before the election. When Buhari started his selective anti-corruption campaign. When he delayed ministers for 6 months. And during the budget fiasco.

It is happening again. We would regret giving this man the opportunity to borrow this much.

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by chigoizie7(m): 6:51pm On Oct 27, 2016
After the 6trillion budget, there was another 2.2trillion, and now this 9trillion + all the recovered loots.

Only God knows what will happen in 2017

I guess nothing will be left to be recovered in 2017.

Why are they also borrowing for recurrent sef? I thought it has been covered in 2016 budget or amaechi and co do loot am join?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by cococandy(f): 7:00pm On Oct 27, 2016
You're still comparing this devious government to gej abi? Evil.
SillyMods:
May posterity be kind to us.

Read before commenting.

GEJ borrowed more than enough even when there was no need to. The IB borrowed when oil was above $100 per barrel when we should have had budget surplus.

Consolidated public debt stock in the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) annual report 2014 showed that between 2010 and 2014 the highest external loan by government was N1.65 trillion in 2014.

External debt for preceding years were N689.8 billion in 2010; N896.8 billion in 2011; N1.03 trillion in 2012 and N1.39 trillion in 2013.

4 Likes

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by basti1212(m): 7:01pm On Oct 27, 2016
Remember the borrower is the servant to the lender!

1 Like

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 27, 2016
No one seems to be shouting "sai baba! Anymore. I see some who likes shouting it jumping from one place to another rigorously looking for shoe to polish.

Some people have eyes but they cannot see. I tell you the truth, even if the country goes into severe famine, God's children can never be affected.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by Splashme: 7:07pm On Oct 27, 2016
PapaBrowne:
It is finished!!
The country is officially killed. Buhari has done it.

9.6 trillion Naira loan.

[size=13pt]
Before we even start discussing, I have just 7 questions.[/size]

1)Where is all the Subsidy savings?? Jonathan was said to have been paying hundreds of billions on subsidy.In 2013. There is supposed to be no more subsidy since the new price of N145. So where are all the subsidy savings?

2) Where is all the corruption savings? Since the previous government is accused of being terribly corrupt, and it is said that this government is corruption free, where are all the savings that should accrue from the new corruption free system?

3) Where is all the recovered loot? Why are we borrowing $10billion for reccurents when the government has boasted of recovered funds of $9 billion?

4) Where is all that 3 Trillion said to be locked up in the TSA account. Abi is the account under lock and key?

5) This government has borrowed N2.2 Trillion in the last one year. Where is that money, what was it used for and who was it given to.

6) The N9.6 Trillion in question, who are you borrowing it from. What are you using as surety. You aren't even certain anybody will give that money so why are you making plans deceiving yourself about it?

7) Finally, what the heck is your payment plan. Already we are paying almost 1 trillion for debt servicing on the meagre debt we have. If you add a gargantuan 9.6 Trillion, who is going today for that?

Buhari doesn't care because when the country crumbles he'll be too old or gone to face the consequences.

My gut feeling tells me the greatest heist in the history of Nigeria is currently going on right now under our very nostrils and except we start asking the right questions, we would not have a country to call ours in a few years from now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by SillyMods: 7:09pm On Oct 27, 2016
cococandy:
You're still comparing this devious government to gej abi? Evil.
Any decently educated fellow will understand that if there was any govt that didn't have to borrow, it was the Ineffectual Buffoon's.

So, if the IB who didn't have to borrow, not only borrowed but borrowed to finance looting, will it not be hypocritical to criticize a govt which inherited a screwed up economy, an economy in recession, for wanting to borrow to finance capital development? Wicked and selfish!
Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 27, 2016
SillyMods:

Any decently educated fellow will understand that if there was any govt that didn't have to borrow, it was the Ineffectual Buffoon's.

So, if the IB who didn't have to borrow, not only borrowed but borrowed to finance looting, will it not be hypocritical to criticize a govt which inherited a screwed up economy, an economy in recession, for wanting to borrow to finance capital development? Wicked and selfish!

Chaiii!
Who do you this thing?

3 Likes

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by SillyMods: 7:20pm On Oct 27, 2016
[s]
mykl01:

Chaiii!
Who do you this thing?
[/s]
Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by FLYFIRE(m): 7:24pm On Oct 27, 2016
Sibrah:
ask the guy who ruled when oil was $120pb
Zombies like this have SOLD their souls...and it WILL NOT be well with them. Let all well to do Nigerians STOP giving whatsoever help rendered to any known person that voted these IDIOT.S into power so that they will suffer & have their brains reset before 2019.

2 Likes

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 27, 2016
PapaBrowne:
It is finished!!

9.6 trillion Naira loan.

[size=13pt]

1)Where is all the Subsidy savings?? Jonathan was said to have been paying hundreds of billions on subsidy.In 2013. There is supposed to be no more subsidy since the new price of N145. So where are all the subsidy savings?

2) Where is all the corruption savings? Since the previous government is accused of being terribly corrupt, and it is said that this government is corruption free, where are all the savings that should accrue from the new corruption free system?

3) Where is all the recovered loot? Why are we borrowing $10billion for reccurents when the government has boasted of recovered funds of $9 billion?

4) Where is all that 3 Trillion said to be locked up in the TSA account. Abi is the account under lock and key?

5) This government has borrowed N2.2 Trillion in the last one year. Where is that money, what was it used for and who was it given to.

6) The N9.6 Trillion in question, who are you borrowing it from. What are you using as surety. You aren't even certain anybody will give that money so why are you making plans deceiving yourself about it?

7) Finally, what the heck is your payment plan. Already we are paying almost 1 trillion for debt servicing on the meagre debt we have. If you add a gargantuan 9.6 Trillion, who is going today for that?

Buhari doesn't care because when the country crumbles he'll be too old or gone to face the consequences.

My gut feeling tells me the greatest heist in the history of Nigeria is currently going on right now under our very nostrils and except we start asking the right questions, we would not have a country to call ours in a few years from now.

ODIKWA VERY SERIOUS !!!
THIS IS RIDICULOUS AND MUST BE STOPPED.
THIS IS A GOVERNMENT THAT HAVE DEPLETED OUR RESERVE FROM OVER $30 BILLION TO $24 BILLION WITHOUT ANY MEANINGFUL PROJECT TO SHOW FOR IT. ONE CANNOT POINT TO ANY SECTOR OF GOVERNMENT THAT IS PERFORMING WELL.
THE MANNER THIS GOVERNMENT IS PURSUING THE LEGISLATORS, JUDICIARY, THE MEDIA AND ALL OPPOSITIONS IS TROUBLING.
THE REQUEST BY MR PRESIDENT FOR EXTRAORDINARY / EMERGENCY POWERS (ABOVE THAT STIPULATED IN THE CONSTITUTION), THIS RIDICULOUS LOAN AND THE SPEED AT WHICH CERTAIN BODIES ARE HURRIEDLY BEING SET UP IS VERY SUSPICIOUS, NIGERIANS SHOULD WATCH AND PRAY.

1 Like

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by Sibrah: 7:36pm On Oct 27, 2016
FLYFIRE:

Zombies like this have SOLD their souls...and it WILL NOT be well with them. Let all well to do Nigerians STOP giving whatsoever help rendered to any known person that voted these IDIOT.S into power so that they will suffer & have their brains reset before 2019.
Your pain is clear . . .
Oil was selling for $120pb+, govt borrowed and nobody asked questions.
Oil sells for $50pb-, the govts attempts to borrow, and some set of people are asking why. Well I may not know why the govt want to borrow but I know why the doubting Thomases are asking stupid questions.

1 Like

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by Sibrah: 7:40pm On Oct 27, 2016
LordAdam:

Income generating projects/infrastructure are another way to siphon money. Who would give out the contract, who would carry out the contract, who would supervise?

Before you invest so much in infrastructure, you first ensure there is accountability.

The cankerworms are still in government and even the government is headed by a man who can't see beyond his nose.

That is why we have nothing to show for the N11.3T already released. It is exactly why we will have nothing to show after borrowing the N9T.

I did it before the election. When Buhari started his selective anti-corruption campaign. When he delayed ministers for 6 months. And during the budget fiasco.

It is happening again. We would regret giving this man the opportunity to borrow this much.

-Lord
Lord pain . . . .

1 Like

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by Alusinejeuka(m): 7:42pm On Oct 27, 2016
we voted for change, but ever since then we have been struggling to gain our common balance but no way. Haha we accept our mistakes of voting you but please forgive us and make life better for the common man.

2 Likes

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by tayoalone(m): 7:46pm On Oct 27, 2016
PapaBrowne:
It is finished!!

9.6 trillion Naira loan.

[size=13pt]

Nice exposè, nice exposè.

2 Likes

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by Baoo4eva(m): 7:49pm On Oct 27, 2016
It's said that if you can't make the old system work, no matter how many new systems your bring up they will most likely fail. It's not a function of money in Nigeria, it's a function of management, if we can't manage the money we have now and use it judiciously, getting more money is just a waste of time. Somebody should please talk to this government ABEG.

2 Likes

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by chiedu7: 7:53pm On Oct 27, 2016
[size=13pt]One thing I like about Buhari is that he wants to mortgage the whole country for the sake of the North.
What is the south doing, nothing.

Well we thank God say, Tinubu & our South Western neighbours eyes don dey open. grin
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by kasend(m): 7:53pm On Oct 27, 2016
drss2:
osumbade claim GEJ left $63 billion debt for buari (affiliation of states n federal debt of d past 50 years), yet they ar planning to borrow half of nigeria's 50 years debts in one years. d dullard keeps breaking economic records back to back.

I second that

2 Likes

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by senator000: 8:19pm On Oct 27, 2016
Another Dansuki gate is approaching
Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by cococandy(f): 8:30pm On Oct 27, 2016
Pathetic.

He could literally physically kill you and you'd still be defending him with your dying breathe.

Zombieism
SillyMods:

3 Likes

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by SillyMods: 8:37pm On Oct 27, 2016
[s]
cococandy:
Pathetic.

He could literally physically kill you and you'd still be defending him with your dying breathe.

Zombieism
[/s]
Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by profinmasscom(m): 8:40pm On Oct 27, 2016
Where are those who always clamour for Change?

1 Like

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by muddaththir(m): 9:06pm On Oct 27, 2016
THINK before you DO
Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by 989900D: 9:33pm On Oct 27, 2016
LordAdam:

[s]Income generating projects/infrastructure are another way to siphon money. Who would give out the contract, who would carry out the contract, who would supervise?

[/s]
-Lord
Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by ephi123(f): 9:52pm On Oct 27, 2016
When people have no sound response they can think of to counter a point, you see them applying strikethroughs on the comments. Such cowardice. Buhari has made work so hard for you folks, it's a pity. cheesy

1 Like

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by phantom24: 10:05pm On Oct 27, 2016
After destroying our economy in one year, buhari has finally sold naija to the Westernwestern world undecided
Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by SIRJENTLE: 10:16pm On Oct 27, 2016
PapaBrowne:
It is finished!!

9.6 trillion Naira loan.

[size=13pt]

my dear......
you have said it all. I do not have any addition if not to tell us WE ARE SEEING THE RESULT OF OUR CHANGE
Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by stanleyalpacino(m): 11:30pm On Oct 27, 2016
let them kuku sell the USELESS country and give me my own share. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by uvalued(m): 4:38am On Oct 28, 2016
drss2:
osumbade claim GEJ left $63 billion debt for buari (accumilation of states n federal debt of d past 50 years), yet they ar planning to borrow half of nigeria's 50 years debts in one years. d dullard keeps breaking economic records back to back.

1 Like

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by uvalued(m): 4:39am On Oct 28, 2016
PapaBrowne:
It is finished!!

9.6 trillion Naira loan.

[size=13pt]

1)Where is all the Subsidy savings?? Jonathan was said to have been paying hundreds of billions on subsidy.In 2013(N900 bILLION +). There is supposed to be no more subsidy since the new price of N145. So where are all the subsidy savings?

2 Likes

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by jhiizy(m): 1:39pm On Oct 28, 2016
Kia
Dis is d end..... How do dey intended paying it back for Christ's sake
After borrowing he wud step down nd the next administration wud have to take up d debt.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" / APC Crisis: Buhari, APC Governors Meet In Crucial Meeting / Buhari Arrives Naval Base In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.