Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan (21464 Views)

FG: Why Restructuring Won’t Work Now / Why We’re Taking A Huge N9.61 Trillion Loan – Nigerian Government / Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by Humulity: 2:32pm On Oct 27, 2016
Obtaining a loan is not the problem, but utilization and repayment plan.
And don't put unnecessary burden on the future generation. Let experts look and the purpose and conditions for the loan before we proceed. But not this current economic team, real experts and not political apologist.
There is nothing wrong with loan in the first place.

3 Likes

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by boneruns(m): 2:32pm On Oct 27, 2016
I have this ominous feeling that Buhari has plans to kill this country. The idea of borrowing this huge loan is satanic.

6 Likes

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by yedidiah(m): 2:32pm On Oct 27, 2016
very soon Nigeria will begin to spend in Zillions. See how trillions no get respect again.

2 Likes

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by stephnie1(f): 2:32pm On Oct 27, 2016
ok
Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by Dexpro: 2:32pm On Oct 27, 2016
[quote author=nicerichard05 post=50546495][/quote]See them. Smh
Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by sunnyside16(m): 2:33pm On Oct 27, 2016
and now "IT IS OVER" Nigeria is finished if this scales through

1 Like

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by deleo16(m): 2:33pm On Oct 27, 2016
Loan everywhere

2 Likes

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by Emmaoga: 2:35pm On Oct 27, 2016
chaii, this government wicked die.

them don borrow money from China, till now I didn't hear anything about the use of that money.

now about to borrow again.

they will soon borrow the future of our youths in place of money.

GOD pls save us....we have learnt our lesson.

"THE DEVIL YOU KNOW IS BETTER THAN THE ANGEL YOU DONT KNOWN.".

ONE BIRD AT HAND IS BETTER THAN THOUSANDS IN THE BUSH.

3 Likes

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 27, 2016
What is Buhari borrowing money for again?

These guys don't care about us.

It is high time we the youth rose to reclaim our country from these clowns.

3 Likes

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by sakalisis(m): 2:37pm On Oct 27, 2016
Story story, Story !!
Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 2:38pm On Oct 27, 2016
I think we can save Nigerians living in the country by killing this useless president when ever he visit here before he destroy our country.

6 Likes

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by yhellow(m): 2:39pm On Oct 27, 2016
APC had succeeded in mortgaging d future of this country. May God help US.

1 Like

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by IMEAN(m): 2:41pm On Oct 27, 2016

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by NovusHomo(m): 2:45pm On Oct 27, 2016
fighal:
You can fool all the people
some of the time, and some
of the people all the time, but
you cannot fool all the people
all the time.

Well, the Ineffectual Buffoon would have?
Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by Sibrah: 2:51pm On Oct 27, 2016
PapaBrowne:
It is finished!!
The country is officially killed. Buhari has done it.

9.6 trillion Naira loan.

[size=13pt]
Before we even start discussing, I have just 7 questions.[/size]

1)Where is all the Subsidy savings?? Jonathan was said to have been paying hundreds of billions on subsidy.In 2013. There is supposed to be no more subsidy since the new price of N145. So where are all the subsidy savings?

2) Where is all the corruption savings? Since the previous government is accused of being terribly corrupt, and it is said that this government is corruption free, where are all the savings that should accrue from the new corruption free system?

3) Where is all the recovered loot? Why are we borrowing $10billion for reccurents when the government has boasted of recovered funds of $9 billion?

4) Where is all that 3 Trillion said to be locked up in the TSA account. Abi is the account under lock and key?

5) This government has borrowed N2.2 Trillion in the last one year. Where is that money, what was it used for and who was it given to.

6) The N9.6 Trillion in question, who are you borrowing it from. What are you using as surety. You aren't even certain anybody will give that money so why are you making plans deceiving yourself about it?

7) Finally, what the heck is your payment plan. Already we are paying almost 1 trillion for debt servicing on the meagre debt we have. If you add a gargantuan 9.6 Trillion, who is going today for that?

Buhari doesn't care because when the country crumbles he'll be too old or gone to face the consequences.

My gut feeling tells me the greatest heist in the history of Nigeria is currently going on right now under our very nostrils and except we start asking the right questions, we would not have a country to call ours in a few years from now.
ask the guy who ruled when oil was $120pb
Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by permsec: 2:52pm On Oct 27, 2016
PapaBrowne:
It is finished!!

9.6 trillion Naira loan.

[size=13pt]

1)Where is all the Subsidy savings?? Jonathan was said to have been paying hundreds of billions on subsidy.In 2013. There is supposed to be no more subsidy since the new price of N145. So where are all the subsidy savings?

2) Where is all the corruption savings? Since the previous government is accused of being terribly corrupt, and it is said that this government is corruption free, where are all the savings that should accrue from the new corruption free system?

3) Where is all the recovered loot? Why are we borrowing $10billion for reccurents when the government has boasted of recovered funds of $9 billion?

4) Where is all that 3 Trillion said to be locked up in the TSA account. Abi is the account under lock and key?

5) This government has borrowed N2.2 Trillion in the last one year. Where is that money, what was it used for and who was it given to.

6) The N9.6 Trillion in question, who are you borrowing it from. What are you using as surety. You aren't even certain anybody will give that money so why are you making plans deceiving yourself about it?

7) Finally, what the heck is your payment plan. Already we are paying almost 1 trillion for debt servicing on the meagre debt we have. If you add a gargantuan 9.6 Trillion, who is going today for that?

Buhari doesn't care because when the country crumbles he'll be too old or gone to face the consequences.

My gut feeling tells me the greatest heist in the history of Nigeria is currently going on right now under our very nostrils and except we start asking the right questions, we would not have a country to call ours in a few years from now.
I don't know you, but u've raised salient points that calls for concern... Well said papa.. U spoke my mind

2 Likes

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 27, 2016
This cursed nomad again?...where's 3trillion from TSA, proceeds of recently removed subsidies et.al?...2019, where is thou?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by Flets: 2:58pm On Oct 27, 2016
NovusHomo:

Well, the Ineffectual Buffoon would have?

Stick to the topic. In the face of obvious slavery in the guise of loans, you have the guts to play stupid. Shame!!!!

12 Likes

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by davenico(m): 3:01pm On Oct 27, 2016
PapaBrowne:
It is finished!!

9.6 trillion Naira loan.

[size=13pt]

Ehn ehn ehn .. You eyes just open abi ... You voted him naa ..

1 Like

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by davenico(m): 3:01pm On Oct 27, 2016
PapaBrowne:
It is finished!!

9.6 trillion Naira loan.

[size=13pt]

Ehn ehn ehn .. Your eyes just open abi ... You voted him naa ..

2 Likes

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by ivandragon: 3:03pm On Oct 27, 2016
just watch those who condemned loans under GEJ begin to justify this massive loan.

I have often argued that Nigeria stopped investing in infrastructure & socio-economic development in the 70s while population growth sky rocketed. there is a need to spend massively to cover that gap.

hence saying GEJ should have saved more with the kind of infrastructural deficit we had is the height of stupidity coupled with the devastating distraction of the BH insurgency.

its like saving drinking water for tomorrow while you are dying of thirst today...

for those who would want to argue stupidly, read the line which clearly stated that Nigeria needs about $45b yearly over the next 10 years to make up for the deficit.

the loan is a good move if it will be spent appropriately & not be hijacked by the cabal.

also, without restructuring, this loan might end up in the belly of 'equitable political development' rather than productive development.

5 Likes

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by Pylony(m): 3:08pm On Oct 27, 2016
They go about taking loans in billions of dollars to take care of the needs of a nation already rich, just that it lack good leaders to turn its affairs around. Now lets say the nation has a population of 180million people, but you as a citizen can not attest to it that you felt the impact of governance since 1999 because it has not locate you to change your story. And like magic, as (Fela sang Government magic) you wonder what is going on, only to come across it in the news that one "mugu" has stolen every last kobo in one of the ministries. This is what happens in this part of the world, when you vote a Politician into office, it is like employing an extra-hands on your yam farm, only to be stab in the back and all your yams stolen from the bern and left for dead. To be frank, i did not felt any good thing from the mammoth Budget by this Administration but suffering in the land, well, i don't know about you!!

1 Like

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by jrusky(m): 3:08pm On Oct 27, 2016
Nigerians can you see all see your lives Didn't I said it that by the time APC and Buhari are booted out of power Nigeria will be in serious debt now see it happening every of my prediction has finally come reality.

A clueless govt according to APC rats could manage this country despite all level of corruption yet no borrowing and still manage to left over 35 billion Dollars but the "clueful Mr I know it better" came on power withing 16 months is already borrowing and borrowing and yet the a s s hole pretty for nothing Finance Minister kept defending her failure and inefficacy under inefficiency govt rule by dullardhino from the North.

Nigeria ain't see anything yet just watch more borrowing still loading.............. any house built on lies and propaganda shall not stand the test of time its not a curse its a natural justice.

When a bloody commissioner who was simply one of the loudest noise maker was appointed as Minister for Finance I just laughed since that day I knew hell is about to let loose. The question I asked then was what was her experience to manage a massive country like Nigeria The next thing APC rats did was to go and collated all sort lies she was this she was that useless excessive overleaf CV full of lies same way they did to a man with no certificate but possess all military certificate what a strange country now let them proof the worth of all the certificates, No Way!

If a corrupt govt as APC claimed can manage Nigeria for 6 years with no beg for loan to survive and non corrupt govt came on board and has be begging every dogs and goats around the world for loan then its unfortunate.

Where are the APC's I'm sure they will disappear now till EFCC or DSS come up and say oh we traced 5 trillion dollar to Pej or Gej or FFK or Fayose account then the demonic fools will resurface and started ranting, please show yourself and defend your failed party. I'm sure they will say it was Gej that make them to borrow, guys just watch their normal epic.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by Kelskelvin(m): 3:08pm On Oct 27, 2016
We are finished

1 Like

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by 989900D: 3:09pm On Oct 27, 2016
The Minister of Budget and National Planning, Udoma Udoma, said the plan would be funded majorly through a number of sources, namely sale of some national assets and advance payment by joint venture operators for license renewal[/b]s.

[b]Other sources included infrastructure concessions, use of recovered funds as well as long term, low interest loans to bridge funding gap.

The Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, had also said as part of an external borrowing plan approved by the Executive Council of the Federation, the government would borrow cheapest available monies to fund key ongoing projects.

Borrowing should be restricted strictly to income generating projects/infrastructure!

All other social, and whatever adjuncts should be removed (way to siphon money)!

At emboldened, how is that part of conventional borrowing, and at the 'at cheapest rates', how is 15% and above 'cheapest rates'? That should be some typo I guess. Any borrowing above 1-2% interest rate -- I strongly DO NOT approve.

1 Like

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by MightyThor(m): 3:09pm On Oct 27, 2016
Y do I feel that majority of this loan is going to the North?

North East in particular under the guise of North East development commission.

Give it to these Northerners they are bold in what they do.

Though those Nigerian IDP there really need all the help they can get from the country, am just worried that there other sinister plans underfoot.

4 Likes

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by tspun(m): 3:09pm On Oct 27, 2016
This is serious issue, its clear this man has bad intention for this country, I can't believe this, 9.6trn? Please is there no way we can write in mass to who ever they want to collect this loan from and explain to them how demonic this man is.

If they succeeded in giving him this loan that means Nigeria is done, there will be nothing left to call a country

1 Like

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by ianSweet(f): 3:12pm On Oct 27, 2016
PapaBrowne:
It is finished!!

9.6 trillion Naira loan.

[size=13pt]

Seriously, these are the questions i ask too but many of these zombies will never ever think about all these. I just wonder how people could be so sentimentally foolish. It's just terrible.

2 Likes

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by bfire(m): 3:17pm On Oct 27, 2016
SillyMods:
May posterity be kind to us.

Read before commenting.

GEJ borrowed more than enough even when there was no need to. The IB borrowed when oil was above $100 per barrel when we should have had budget surplus.

Consolidated public debt stock in the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) annual report 2014 showed that between 2010 and 2014 the highest external loan by government was N1.65 trillion in 2014.

External debt for preceding years were N689.8 billion in 2010; N896.8 billion in 2011; N1.03 trillion in 2012 and N1.39 trillion in 2013.

Yeap, you are very right

But the youths are blinded to see all these simply because
of proving a stupid point.

In 2014 - $10B

2013 - $9B

All these when we were making more money and selling alot of
crude oil (2.2mb/d)
Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by Sealeddeal(m): 3:20pm On Oct 27, 2016
I thought Buhari said that when he fight corruption, Nigeria problems will go.
I have never a leader so clueless.

1 Like

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 27, 2016
It has been said
That the road to hell is paved with good intentions

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Scattered Body Parts Of Suicide Bombers Who Struck In Maiduguri. Graphic Photos / Afenifere Leaders Fight Dirty / Atiku Abubakar Visits Oba Adekunle In Ilesa, Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.