Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,031 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan (21467 Views)

FG: Why Restructuring Won’t Work Now / Why We’re Taking A Huge N9.61 Trillion Loan – Nigerian Government / Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by doctokwus: 3:24pm On Oct 27, 2016
With that humongous amount slated to be borrowed,i was expecting to see projects like the construction of the first tube speed train, a 3000mw coal powered plant,largest all yr irrigation project,etc.
I am not impressed by what the loan is for,unless there's sth yet undisclosed.

3 Likes

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by cooltola(m): 3:24pm On Oct 27, 2016
Dear current generation in power, please do not bankrupt our Nigeria. A revolution is coming soon, many people are hungry and angry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by mikeade11(m): 3:25pm On Oct 27, 2016
I know the answers but I can't discussed this in the public
PapaBrowne:
It is finished!!
The country is officially killed. Buhari has done it.

9.6 trillion Naira loan.

[size=13pt]
Before we even start discussing, I have just 7 questions.[/size]

1)Where is all the Subsidy savings?? Jonathan was said to have been paying hundreds of billions on subsidy.In 2013. There is supposed to be no more subsidy since the new price of N145. So where are all the subsidy savings?

2) Where is all the corruption savings? Since the previous government is accused of being terribly corrupt, and it is said that this government is corruption free, where are all the savings that should accrue from the new corruption free system?

3) Where is all the recovered loot? Why are we borrowing $10billion for reccurents when the government has boasted of recovered funds of $9 billion?

4) Where is all that 3 Trillion said to be locked up in the TSA account. Abi is the account under lock and key?

5) This government has borrowed N2.2 Trillion in the last one year. Where is that money, what was it used for and who was it given to.

6) The N9.6 Trillion in question, who are you borrowing it from. What are you using as surety. You aren't even certain anybody will give that money so why are you making plans deceiving yourself about it?

7) Finally, what the heck is your payment plan. Already we are paying almost 1 trillion for debt servicing on the meagre debt we have. If you add a gargantuan 9.6 Trillion, who is going today for that?

Buhari doesn't care because when the country crumbles he'll be too old or gone to face the consequences.

My gut feeling tells me the greatest heist in the history of Nigeria is currently going on right now under our very nostrils and except we start asking the right questions, we would not have a country to call ours in a few years from now.
Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by doctokwus: 3:28pm On Oct 27, 2016
NgwaManNaija4LF:
I think we can save Nigerians living in the country by killing this useless president when ever he visit here before he destroy our country.

U need to be watched.That is serious threat.
Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by Ngokafor(f): 3:28pm On Oct 27, 2016
nicerichard05:
FTC since morning

Meanwhile Wherever 2 or 3 girls gather there is a CUCUMBER in their midst cheesy cheesy cheesy

....You deserve an everlasting ban plus a hot slap for this nonsense you posted...people are talkng about real issues here,you are clowing around angry

4 Likes

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by Imafidonist442(m): 3:35pm On Oct 27, 2016
Chai, jehovah amagedom, this government wan kill us and our generation with deptooo..
Those against press like

2 Likes

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by favouredseed(f): 3:35pm On Oct 27, 2016
PapaBrowne:
It is finished!!

9.6 trillion Naira loan.

[size=13pt]

1)Where is all the Subsidy savings?? Jonathan was said to have been paying hundreds of billions on subsidy.In 2013. There is supposed to be no more subsidy since the new price of N145. So where are all the subsidy savings?

2) Where is all the corruption savings? Since the previous government is accused of being terribly corrupt, and it is said that this government is corruption free, where are all the savings that should accrue from the new corruption free system?

3) Where is all the recovered loot? Why are we borrowing $10billion for reccurents when the government has boasted of recovered funds of $9 billion?

4) Where is all that 3 Trillion said to be locked up in the TSA account. Abi is the account under lock and key?

5) This government has borrowed N2.2 Trillion in the last one year. Where is that money, what was it used for and who was it given to.

6) The N9.6 Trillion in question, who are you borrowing it from. What are you using as surety. You aren't even certain anybody will give that money so why are you making plans deceiving yourself about it?

7) Finally, what the heck is your payment plan. Already we are paying almost 1 trillion for debt servicing on the meagre debt we have. If you add a gargantuan 9.6 Trillion, who is going today for that?

Buhari doesn't care because when the country crumbles he'll be too old or gone to face the consequences.

My gut feeling tells me the greatest heist in the history of Nigeria is currently going on right now under our very nostrils and except we start asking the right questions, we would not have a country to call ours in a few years from now.
well said

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by plaetton: 3:37pm On Oct 27, 2016
PapaBrowne:
It is finished!!

9.6 trillion Naira loan.

You hit the nail right on the head.

3 Likes

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by ehissi(m): 3:45pm On Oct 27, 2016
I will not be surprised if APC is looking for money to pay election debts and upcoming campaign debts and service "The Cabal", that are within the political arena.

If not, the Budget is #6.07 trillion, the deficit we had in the budget is just #2.2trillion. Why Borrow #9.6trillion to cover a #2.2trillion deficit?

#9.6trillion is way above the budget itself, meaning they have plans to spend way above budget either through subterranean means or they may seek budgetary appropriation.

For a nation whose "alleged" source of wealth is down, why borrow such a huge amount and claim to block wastages at the same time??

Isn't that a waste in itself??

Amaechi represented Mr President at an economic forum abroad and was quoted as stating as a matter of public record that .........

" the Nigerian government has recovered #3.64trillion from Looters" .......

Shouldn't that be enough to close the deficit? If it is indeed true.

None of these numbers add up at all!! angry

Which kind mumu person dey Ministry of Finance, budget and DMO offices sef?? undecided

We are looking for ways to leave recession, these people want to padlock us their finally; don't be surprised after sucking abuja dry, they will "technically" hand over back to PDP and start this 16year of PDP madness all over again!

Anyway, when you make a Professor of Law the head of your economic team, things like this are bound to happen...........angry

I just pray National assembly doesn't approve this foolish endeavour!!! angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by Emassive(m): 3:46pm On Oct 27, 2016
Nigeria got served the moment we Voted in Buhari... No country in the world will pay back such loan even if they sell Oil at 1000usd Pb. Since there is no more corruption in the govt, we should be able to have saved up trillions na.

1 Like

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by wacoj(m): 3:48pm On Oct 27, 2016
This certainly can NEVER be possible.
They wont succeed in getting such a huge loan.

Our senators are not blocked heads to approve such bunkum!
Una don dey see am say Buhari na super star abi?

We warned people before the election but cucumber was more important to them!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by phreakabit(m): 3:50pm On Oct 27, 2016
[size=24pt]WTF is FADAMA11?[/size]

Abeg enough of all these scams and their abbreviated names. .
Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by Inspectahdeck(m): 3:51pm On Oct 27, 2016
Unsustainable action the present generation takes that will affect the future generation ability to meet their needs.

JAkpayen:
The next generation of Nigerians should be ready to work-out themselves to pay this huge debt

2 Likes

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by Amanwulu1(m): 3:57pm On Oct 27, 2016
SillyMods:
May posterity be kind to us.

Read before commenting.

GEJ borrowed more than enough even when there was no need to. The IB borrowed when oil was above $100 per barrel when we should have had budget surplus.

Consolidated public debt stock in the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) annual report 2014 showed that between 2010 and 2014 the highest external loan by government was N1.65 trillion in 2014.

External debt for preceding years were N689.8 billion in 2010; N896.8 billion in 2011; N1.03 trillion in 2012 and N1.39 trillion in 2013.
what exactly is ur point? FYI Nigeria doesn't start n end wit not gej n buhari. Also if u listened to ur argument u'll see dat u're supporting d man u claim to hate.

2 Likes

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by Realist2: 4:05pm On Oct 27, 2016
This is the definition of super mega cluelessness, disastrous and monumental cluelessness !.
Now, i believe mama Peace, in her voice, '' by the time buhari is done with Nigeria, na only Change go remain for em pocket''.
How can any sensible government borrow that kind of money , that will perpetually put the future generation in debt?.
Oh! Buhari has finished us , only another IBB can salvage us from this mess.

2 Likes

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by lookmangiw(m): 4:06pm On Oct 27, 2016
These people just want to give us and option that we either allow them to sell asset or go ahead with the borrowing.

1 Like

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by Walelavender(m): 4:09pm On Oct 27, 2016
This massive borrowing should be discouraged. The FG should think of alternative means of funding the next budget. Putting the nation under perpetual bondage of Caucasian debt for the next generation to pay would be ludicrous.
I haven't seen any display of ingenuity by this government in tackling the economic woes bedevelling this country.
The time is definitely running out.
They were voted to think!

2 Likes

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by drss2(m): 4:13pm On Oct 27, 2016
ivandragon:
just watch those who condemned loans under GEJ begin to justify this massive loan.

I have often argued that Nigeria stopped investing in infrastructure & socio-economic development in the 70s while population growth sky rocketed. there is a need to spend massively to cover that gap.

hence saying GEJ should have saved more with the kind of infrastructural deficit we had is the height of stupidity coupled with the devastating distraction of the BH insurgency.

its like saving drinking water for tomorrow while you are dying of thirst today...

for those who would want to argue stupidly, read the line which clearly stated that Nigeria needs about $45b yearly over the next 10 years to make up for the deficit.

the loan is a good move if it will be spent appropriately & not be hijacked by the cabal.

also, without restructuring, this loan might end up in the belly of 'equitable political development' rather than productive development.
correct talk.

2 Likes

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by michoim(m): 4:15pm On Oct 27, 2016
This is not strange. Obama borrowed US $10Trillion in just 7.5 years in order to revive American economy. ..

1 Like

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by gentlelarry(m): 4:24pm On Oct 27, 2016
I pray they get it right soon enough.

Learn Vocations such CCTV and Video camera installation, Cosmetology Skin Treatment and Make up, Event Management and Bridal Services. In Lagos or Ibadan In our learn and earn scheme with federal govt certificate after training. You learn and earn your start up capital of 300k or more. Check my profile/signature and add up my WhatsApp and BBM contact.
Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by Ladokun12(m): 4:27pm On Oct 27, 2016
dis man has nfin to loose,e go die very soon,we gona b left alone to suffer for is deeds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by Ibime(m): 4:33pm On Oct 27, 2016
PapaBrowne:
It is finished!!

9.6 trillion Naira loan.

[size=13pt]

This is less than half the money Goodluck met in Excess Crude Account that he should have more than doubled by the time he left going by crude oil prices. So you should first ask him what was done with quadruple this amount.

1 Like

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by SmartThief(m): 4:39pm On Oct 27, 2016
END TIME LOAN!!!

2 Likes

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by Festy4u(m): 4:41pm On Oct 27, 2016
This government keeps giving their defenders herculean tasks in defending their gross incompetencies

1 Like

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by july66: 4:52pm On Oct 27, 2016
sharpden:

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/10/fg-why-were-taking-n9-61tn-loan/
Wahala dey o. This loan is higher than Nigeria's external reserve.

2 Likes

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by NairaMaster1(m): 5:22pm On Oct 27, 2016
Kikikiki

1 Like

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by Originalsly: 6:15pm On Oct 27, 2016
This is madness. The country is being sold. If we can't service the current loans how can new loans be repaid? Last time....we sold our people to the slave masters. .. this time we are giving the slave masters open invitation to come enslave us.

2 Likes

Re: FG: Why We’re Taking N9.61tn Loan by Nkemtreasure: 6:24pm On Oct 27, 2016
PapaBrowne:
It is finished!!

9.6 trillion Naira loan.

[size=13pt]

Come here, hope you didn't put your real contact here because some people may pay you a visit. These questions are what we should ask. Pls permit me to copy and paste this on my wall on facebook. Thanks.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kogi Worker Results To Online Begging After 2 Years Of Unpaid Salaries (Photo) / 800m Trek: Buhari Physically Fit For Second Term – Presidency Tells Tambuwal / Major-General Biu: “Repentant Boko Haram Members Can Become President”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.