Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,653 members, 7,955,364 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:39 AM

How To Configure Outlook Express - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Configure Outlook Express (1455 Views)

Re: Mtn Gprs Modem(fastlink)! How To Configure / Backing Up Your Outlook Express Files Before Formating That System / "uncompacting" Outlook Express Messages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Configure Outlook Express by sholasys: 10:42am On Jan 02, 2007
Pls i need help on how to configure outlook express. i was given a task to do it.
pls help i hav tried to configured it but having error. i hv problem on:
incoming mail server name
outgoing mail server name.
if any body hav this information or any info that will solve my pro shld kindly help.
thanks
Re: How To Configure Outlook Express by Seun(m): 9:52pm On Mar 29, 2007
It seems you have to setup a windows-based mail server. Ah, that's enormously complicated stuff! Sorry!
Re: How To Configure Outlook Express by wormedup(m): 4:21pm On Mar 30, 2007
sholasys:

incoming mail server name
outgoing mail server name.

u need to get those protocol addresses from ur mail service provider.
what kind of mail service are u running ?
anyways,
incoming is usually : pop3.
outgoing : smtp

in some case, they r both the same, at time, they differ.
if u have a mail server in u location(office i presume), then the protocol addresses would most probably be the ip address of the mail server system.

anyways, just get the protocol addresses from someone who knows them in ur office or alternatively, get detailed info on how ur mail system works and let us know here. we might be able to deduce a solution from there.

cheers cool
Re: How To Configure Outlook Express by naijafresh: 12:04pm On Apr 05, 2007
You can not configure outlook to use the free web based mail services such as hotmail and yahoo any more
This is to protect their advertising revenues

You need to have  proper mail client to be able to configure outlook
Re: How To Configure Outlook Express by hola2ng(m): 12:18pm On Apr 05, 2007
Re: How To Configure Outlook Express by abohrandy: 5:20pm On Apr 06, 2007
it depends on the email u want to access
if u have Gmail then it will be a piece of cake to be setup!!!
Re: How To Configure Outlook Express by Maleeq(m): 2:38pm On Apr 08, 2007
It's true that public mail servers like yahoo have block access to the their mail server(unless you have a registered account $$$). You can get over this by downloading and installing a free mail client that beats their security. Check the web for "Yahoo Pops" or simply 'YPOPS".
It's 100% free and it works 100% too. Instruction on it's configuration comes with the download.

You can thank me later.
Re: How To Configure Outlook Express by dearstan(m): 8:50am On Apr 09, 2007
This a very simple thing to do.
If its a POP mail you trying to configure, all you need to do is find the incoming and outgoing server from your webhost or isp. for example

if you have a domain nairaland.com and you want to configure a mail like to outlook.,
the incoming mail server would be "mail.nairaland.com" while the outgoing mail server would also be "mail.nairaland.com". but sometimes the outgoing mail server doesn't work. If that's the case then you would need to get the outgoing mail server from your ISP. Thats simple

Anyother type of mails you want to configure other than POP, consult google search for answers

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help, Ma School Has Blocked Facebook And Other Social Networking Site / Fairly Used Laptops From Malaysia / Best Hacking Operating Systems /os

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.