Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,910 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

LOVE Is Cursed By Monogmy- My Truth - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / LOVE Is Cursed By Monogmy- My Truth (457 Views)

See Why You Shouldn't Get Cursed By Fresh And Expired Nude Pics Of Humans / Akosua Barbie Dies After Woman Cursed Her For Snatching Her Husband / My Love Life Is Cursed (i'm Depressed But Happy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

LOVE Is Cursed By Monogmy- My Truth by saintdennis(m): 6:37pm On Oct 27, 2016
1- Is loving more than 1 person Possible? Yes smiley
2- Is loving more than 1 person permissible? No cry

In life i've met different women who I've felt love in its purest form for... is it OK just because I met them at different points of my life?
What if they were all in the same period?
I.e I was dating one when I met the other.
Would I have to pick one and forego the other 2?

I feel restricting the number of recipients of our love is contrary to the nature or essence of love.

Why should we deny ourselves the love of another because we already love someone else??

In my opinion LOVE is currently a prisoner to monogamy

I am not sure how it happened but monogamy has become closely tied to the concept of love ergo today many believe that true love cannot exist without monogamy!

There are certainly some people who are only capable of being in love with one person; this is not due to the nature of love itself, but rather to the capacity that one has to love.

Another person may be capable of being in love with a handful of people, Now if one is capable of loving more than one person, why should he/she have to restrict him/herself?

What is it about love that makes it grand when focused solely on one individual, yet disgusting when spread among several? NOTHING!

It is ONLY the rules of social conduct/social contract created by the conservatives that mark polygamous love as wrong...sadly we're bound by these rules. angry

When I see people post issues stating their conundrum of having to choose btw 2 men/ladies who to date/marry I just SMH @ the thought that person has to be half-happy just to satisfy the world!

In such cases true love is then the opportunity cost of conformity to social standards

So why should we continue in this delusion? Why?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Present And Past / Why Ladies Stay In Abusive Relationship / If He Does These 30 Things, Date Him!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.