Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,822 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

How Is It That The Recession Has Affected Everything Produced Locally?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is It That The Recession Has Affected Everything Produced Locally?? (635 Views)

David Mark: Patience Jonathan's Problem With Tambuwal Affected Jonathan At Poll / Mehn! See What Recession Has Done To Ex President, Olusegun Obasanjo (must See) / Blame Niger Delta Militants For The Recession – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is It That The Recession Has Affected Everything Produced Locally?? by Raphael81(m): 9:09pm On Oct 27, 2016
How is it that the recession has affected everything produced locally??
Re: How Is It That The Recession Has Affected Everything Produced Locally?? by PapaBrowne(m): 9:25pm On Oct 27, 2016
You actually mean to say: How is it that the Forex scarcity has affected even locally produced goods that have no bearing with dollar.

Recession is a contraction of economic activity or general productivity within a nation. What we are currently experiencing is not just a recession but one mixed with hyperinflation.

Both the hyperinflation and the recession are a result of Buhari failed palaeolithic policies.

5 Likes

Re: How Is It That The Recession Has Affected Everything Produced Locally?? by Raphael81(m): 9:44pm On Oct 27, 2016
PapaBrowne:
You actually mean to say: How is it that the Forex scarcity has affected even locally produced goods that have no bearing with dollar.

Recession is a contraction of economic activity or general productivity within a nation. What we are currently experiencing is not just a recession but one mixed with hyperinflation.

Both the hyperinflation and the recession are a result of Buhari failed palaeolithic policies.

like today i bought spagetti for ₦220 and tin tomatoes for ₦90 so i was really bothered thats why
Re: How Is It That The Recession Has Affected Everything Produced Locally?? by CecyAdrian(f): 9:55pm On Oct 27, 2016
That is something I still can't seem to get a grasp on. The goods manufactured locally are even getting more affected than imported goods!
Re: How Is It That The Recession Has Affected Everything Produced Locally?? by 2LESS(m): 10:02pm On Oct 27, 2016
Here is the simple reason. If I am a palm oil seller and I continue to sell at old price, my income will remain stagnant. Remember I will not only feed on palm oil, I have to buy rice, beans, electronic gadgets, furniture, car parts, etc. The question is, do you think I will be able to buy the above items at their current exorbitant prices without raising my income? Your sincere answer to this question will answer your question. Because what is good for ABACHA is also good for ABOKIii.
Ka Chineke mezie okwu.

3 Likes

Re: How Is It That The Recession Has Affected Everything Produced Locally?? by Raphael81(m): 10:21pm On Oct 27, 2016
2LESS:
Here is the simple reason. If I am a palm oil seller and I continue to sell at old price, my income will remain stagnant. Remember I will not only feed on palm oil, I have to buy rice, beans, electronic gadgets, furniture, car parts, etc. The question is, do you think I will be able to buy the above items at their current exorbitant prices without raising my income? Your sincere answer to this question will answer your question. Because what is good for ABACHA is also good for ABOKIii.

I really think Nigerians are capitalizing on this recession to make unjust gains
Ka Chineke mezie okwu.
Re: How Is It That The Recession Has Affected Everything Produced Locally?? by freeze001(f): 10:23pm On Oct 27, 2016
2LESS:
Ka Chineke mezie okwu.

End of story!
Someone kept asking that question and calling Nigerians greedy but by the time I pointed out that transportation and utility bills had already been jacked up, still with erratic electricity supply supported by petrol or diesel and how the farmer would still buy tv when needed, pay fees that have also been increased and then buy other foodstuffs like u mentioned, it dawned on him...
Re: How Is It That The Recession Has Affected Everything Produced Locally?? by ourema(f): 10:24pm On Oct 27, 2016
2LESS:
Ka Chineke mezie okwu.
You said it all
Re: How Is It That The Recession Has Affected Everything Produced Locally?? by DaudaAbu(m): 10:27pm On Oct 27, 2016
English.

Simply, people need more money to be able to take care of themselves/families

Since every other thing is expensive you need more money to meet you own needs therefore your only source of income which is your own business had to give you more money to offset your bills
Re: How Is It That The Recession Has Affected Everything Produced Locally?? by Raphael81(m): 11:32pm On Oct 27, 2016
I think the price of everything can automatically crash down if there is excess supply of Agricultural produce, is there no way our government can intervene to atleast ameliorate the daily hike in prices in almost everything
Re: How Is It That The Recession Has Affected Everything Produced Locally?? by Raphael81(m): 11:34pm On Oct 27, 2016
I always love cream crackers biscuit but i was shocked to my bone marrows when i discovered its now two instead of three in a pack
Re: How Is It That The Recession Has Affected Everything Produced Locally?? by Raphael81(m): 11:36pm On Oct 27, 2016
DaudaAbu:
English.

Simply, people need more money to be able to take care of themselves/families

Since every other thing is expensive you need more money to meet you own needs therefore your only source of income which is your own business had to give you more money to offset your bills

Do u forsee the prices of everything going back,or will the new prices which are alarming become pernanebt?
Re: How Is It That The Recession Has Affected Everything Produced Locally?? by Raphael81(m): 11:38pm On Oct 27, 2016
freeze001:

End of story!
Someone kept asking that question and calling Nigerians greedy but by the time I pointed out that transportation and utility bills had already been jacked up, still with erratic electricity supply supported by petrol or diesel and how the farmer would still buy tv when needed, pay fees that have also been increased and then buy other foodstuffs like u mentioned, it dawned on him...

is there no way our government can intervene

(1) (Reply)

The Son Of Gov. Okorocha Of Imo State, Poses With Obasanjo During Sokoto Durbar / Why FG Is Uncomfortable With S’court Under Justice Mahmud Mohammed / If You Were Given One Day As The President Of Nigeria What Will You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.