Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,758 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria (35739 Views)

Reactions As Exxonmobil Prepares To Leave Nigeria / Savannah Petroleum Makes Third Oil Discovery In Niger / Mobil Discovered 1 Billion Oil Reserves In Offshore Nigeria (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by swagifted(m): 8:35am On Oct 28, 2016
Sibrah:
Good n bad news at the same time . . .
Good news because it means more resources, money, and jobs.
Bad news because it connotes more dependence on petrodollar.
dangote's refinery is planning to swallow a very large stake in the crude extracts in nigeria... Thr future looks bright to me...
Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 28, 2016
So are u saying we should maintain status quo So we av to wait for the Gazillion of cash before the diversification process begins

With the funds at hand, we can still diversify, this oil which has been a subject of discord has also been a blessing in disguise, now states are beginning to look inwards on how to increase their IGR sizeably due to the recession and dwindled allocation from the centre sequel to the oil dip. Fed govt now conscious of the moribund sectors of the economy. Agriculture input is increasing by leaps and bounds. We surely needed to start from somewhere and NOW is the right time, it might take time but our minds are already prepared for this, and that's the first stage of diversification process. It's not too late.
modath:

Good news all the way... I nor dey lie to masef, we don't have any other thing going for us presently.. I'm a firm believer of taking care of the here and now, if you are not alright today, how do you have the mental strength and resilience to be alive for tomorrow?

To diversify needs gazillions of cash which we have no access to at the moment and time to develop which is almost 20+yrs too late...

For goodness sakes, we don't even have stable power supply, how are we then supposed to leap start the race to full economic dependence in 10yrs (give or take)?
Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by phreakabit(m): 8:38am On Oct 28, 2016
CliffordOrji:
The Oil well belong to we Igbos. Bayelsa state is no mans land

Afonja nation should have chosen a smarter Yoruba man to pull this act off.
This guy is just plain dumb! Even a monkey would have given this a better attempt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by teebillz: 8:45am On Oct 28, 2016
rusher14:
Deep offshore no community can lay claim.

Then why do they have to bring Owowo into the mix? You are Yoruba, right?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by franugo(m): 8:46am On Oct 28, 2016
texazzpete:

You are a wise man indeed!

LOL, i can see why u would think dt d op u quoted is a guy, most of them girls here, with d exception of mizmycoli n a few, never have anything meaningful to typeundecided

then again d guys aren't innocent eitherundecided
Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by Sibrah: 8:47am On Oct 28, 2016
swagifted:
dangote's refinery is planning to swallow a very large stake in the crude extracts in nigeria... Thr future looks bright to me...
I guess you are up there with the cake eaters then otherwise our many mismanagement inspired problems means we are stuck further as a nation.
Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by Jackrich: 8:50am On Oct 28, 2016
badman007:
Mbok, can someone pls explain what this means?ExxonMobil holds 27 per cent interest and is the operator for OPL 223 and OML 139. Joint venture partners include Chevron Nigeria Deepwater G Limited (27 per cent interest), Total E&P Nigeria Limited (18 per cent interest), Nexen Petroleum Deepwater Nigeria Limited (18 per cent interest), and the Nigeria Petroleum Development Company Limited (10 per cent interest).
It means the facility would be operated by Exxonmobil while the respective companies gets their cut of their percentage each - These companies are more of a quashi partner and they do have a major input the running of the facility ranging from operational module,facility purchase ,appraisal drilling to running cost and the overall boss the DPR contributes nothing but gets her 60% yet we owe both for operational cost/maintenance cost and zero investment during field development.

In pidgin English : Na exxonmobil dey carry am for head.

2 Likes

Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by Sibrah: 8:52am On Oct 28, 2016
phreakabit:

Afonja nation should have chosen a smarter Yoruba man to pull this act off.
This guy is just plain dumb! Even a monkey would have given this a better attempt.
How did you manage to conclude that cliffordorji's post was a representation of "afoja nation"? You need help.
Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by YourNemesis: 8:53am On Oct 28, 2016
Cash cow for the FG and Akwa Ibom State.
Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by rusher14: 8:53am On Oct 28, 2016
teebillz:

Then why do they have to bring Owowo into the mix? You are Yoruba, right?

I am ijaw/ itshekiri.

Trace my comments to 2011 before many began to stink this forum with their tribal comments.
Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by mapet: 8:54am On Oct 28, 2016
Olasco93:

modath:
:

Won't stop the usual suspects from bellyaching over this...

I laugh for belle when they rant and rave about how oil is no longer a big deal.. Really? Oil is a dud & the west stay destabilising the middle east/OPEC countries/anything energy related in order to control /force the price /ensure prices stay down?

Oyinbo and their lie lie alternatives have not found a solution to oil & gas dependency but they keep sustaining their campaign of lie & deceit which some are foolish enough to align with...

P.S... I know some will trawl the interweb for points to discredit this assertion, I welcome it, just keep it civil & sensible/verifiable, don't just pull crap outta ya asses, like Germany & Switzerland being landlocked and devoid of mineral deposits.

Switzerland has more than a quarter of the funds of numerous countries domiciled with them (illicit and untraceable mostly), they have no choice but to thrive, as for Germany, their machines will run on water nah. cool
WOW! Am impressed with thy grammatical use, even when I can't comprehend some of them. Thumbs up. I like it when this kinda words come from the women folks. It shows how some ladies are Assets to their husband, family, community, society and to the Nation at large.

She's an asset to NL

2 Likes

Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by Jackrich: 8:56am On Oct 28, 2016
modath:

Good news all the way... I nor dey lie to masef, we don't have any other thing going for us presently.. I'm a firm believer of taking care of the here and now, if you are not alright today, how do you have the mental strength and resilience to be alive for tomorrow?

To diversify needs gazillions of cash which we have no access to at the moment and time to develop which is almost 20+yrs too late...

For goodness sakes, we don't even have stable power supply, how are we then supposed to leap start the race to full economic dependence in 10yrs (give or take)?
Typical mindset of a parasite.

The Nigerian people can make out something out of themselves without having to depend on free oil money while waiting another 20 years.

1 Like

Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by IVORY2009(m): 8:57am On Oct 28, 2016
rusher14:

I am ijaw/ itshekiri.

Trace my comments to 2011 before many began to stink this forum with their tribal comments.

I put it to u, u are frm Edo state!
Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by teebillz: 8:58am On Oct 28, 2016
rusher14:

I am ijaw/ itshekiri.

Enemy within, I guess.
Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by modath(f): 9:02am On Oct 28, 2016
mapet:

She's an asset to NL

Awwwhhhh... So kind of you.. God bless you.
Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by Cortana2: 9:04am On Oct 28, 2016
Sibrah:
Good n bad news at the same time . . .
Good news because it means more resources, money, and jobs.
Bad news because it connotes more dependence on petrodollar.

Dependence on petrodollar is a thing of the past in this country, methinks.
Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by rusher14: 9:06am On Oct 28, 2016
IVORY2009:

I put it to u, u are frm Edo state!

Please tell how an itshekiri person becomes Edo.
Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 28, 2016
This government should make it clear, are we diversifying oil or the economy ?, anyway how far with the oil search in the north?, make them nor tell us say dem waste our lean resources for nothing o,diversifying the economy indeed!,clowns!, and now we are hearing another new coined word AFONJAZZY!

Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by hopilo: 9:17am On Oct 28, 2016
donbenedict:
Please where is owowo located in Nigeria?
Owowo is Akwa Ibom word, meaning someone person.

1 Like

Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by donbenedict(m): 9:24am On Oct 28, 2016
hopilo:

Owowo is Akwa Ibom word, meaning someone person.
angry over sabi.. I was told it's located in Bayelsa! Wetin con concern am with Akwaibom again? angry
Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by emymeeky: 9:28am On Oct 28, 2016
Adminisher:

The stupidity of you people is amazing. They called something offshore and you say it is in Bayelsa State. Why don't you guys get serious. The world is changing around you and you people still can't smell the coffee. No investment is going to the Niger Delta region in the next ten years. Oil production from the region will dwindle and security forces will increase by 300%.

Mr environmentalist ... Don't cry more than the bereaved

1 Like

Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 28, 2016
GreatSE:

27 + 27 + 18 + 18 = 90 %...... The oil actually belong to IOCs.....thats why they support Buhari a hausaman their puppet..... So Baselsa will have only 13% of Nigeria 10% undecided........ The western will always support those they can control and deceive....Hausa man have no brain and Yorubas can always betray any one.
the zombies of the federal Republic of Nigeria will not see this to deliberate on,some are even saying it's a good thing, instead of diversifying the economy, we are busy diversifying oil, only God knows how much of our lean resources have been squandered to search for oil in the north

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by thunderbabs: 9:30am On Oct 28, 2016
modath:

Won't stop the usual suspects from bellyaching over this...

I laugh for belle when they rant and rave about how oil is no longer a big deal.. Really? Oil is a dud & the west stay destabilising the middle east/OPEC countries/anything energy related in order to control /force the price /ensure prices stay down?

Oyinbo and their lie lie alternatives have not found a solution to oil & gas dependency but they keep sustaining their campaign of lie & deceit which some are foolish enough to align with...

P.S... I know some will trawl the interweb for points to discredit this assertion, I welcome it, just keep it civil & sensible/verifiable, don't just pull crap outta ya asses, like Germany & Switzerland being landlocked and devoid of mineral deposits.

Switzerland has more than a quarter of the funds of numerous countries domiciled with them (illicit and untraceable mostly), they have no choice but to thrive, as for Germany, their machines will run on water nah. cool
Senate, if you credit these assertions, say Hiii
If you discredit these assertions, say NAY

The HI's have it sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by talk4free: 9:31am On Oct 28, 2016
modath:

It is so so difficult to sieve out all the noise and find the few sensible comments like yours on this forum. Its so sad. What you say might not always be right (in this case you are right), but it is at least guaranteed to be made with some level of thoughtfulness. I respect you for that. Seun should be thankful to the few like you that have remained consistently reasonable in this junk yard called a forum.

3 Likes

Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by Sibrah: 9:33am On Oct 28, 2016
Cortana2:

Dependence on petrodollar is a thing of the past in this country, methinks.
How?
Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 28, 2016
Good to note
naijababe:

10 years ke? Try 50 years, the whole of the 20th century went past us. On oil, I will disagree with you slightly, there is need to work hard at that diversification, the stone age did not end because the world ran out of stones.
Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by modath(f): 9:37am On Oct 28, 2016
naijababe:

10 years ke? Try 50 years, the whole of the 20th century went past us. On oil, I will disagree with you slightly, there is need to work hard at that diversification, the stone age did not end because the world ran out of stones.

Haaa, nor dey talk laidat nah... Optimism & faith dey. tongue
Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by modath(f): 9:48am On Oct 28, 2016
talk4free:

It is so so difficult to sieve out all the noise and find the few sensible comments like yours on this forum. Its so sad. What you say might not always be right (in this case you are right), but it is at least guaranteed to be made with some level of thoughtfulness. I respect you for that. Seun should be thankful to the few like you that have remained consistently reasonable in this junk yard called a forum.

Thanks... Appreciate it... Someday Seun would have made so much money that he would care less about quantity & be more concerned about the content this platform push out... 99% of the stuff here.... lipsrsealed

Seun, You know quite well some stay on this site to troll people like me so a nor want thanks, make a gii you my dorm no make u wire me some of our google dough... grin
Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by ayindejimmy(m): 10:01am On Oct 28, 2016
juman:

APC deceiving themselves.

They better face agriculture their lands can bear.

Where is their land located?
Is APC is state, tribe or a country?
Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by Funlordjnr: 10:06am On Oct 28, 2016
This won't change jack _shit! undecided
Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by juman(m): 10:06am On Oct 28, 2016
ayindejimmy:

Where is their land located?
Is APC is state, tribe or a country?

Presently apc majorly comprised of north and south west.

They have land they can use for agriculture.

They dont have oil.
Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by dragonking3: 10:09am On Oct 28, 2016
Niger delta is truly blessed! !!!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Femi Otedola And Bill Gates Pictured Together / Gas Explosion Rocks Port Harcourt Mall, Rivers State, One Dead, Many Injured / Cosmas Maduka Hails Stanley Uzochukwu For Repaying ₦150m Loan Without Agreement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.