Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,980 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria (35743 Views)

Reactions As Exxonmobil Prepares To Leave Nigeria / Savannah Petroleum Makes Third Oil Discovery In Niger / Mobil Discovered 1 Billion Oil Reserves In Offshore Nigeria (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by slysteel: 7:40am On Oct 28, 2016
CliffordOrji:
The Oil well belong to we Igbos. Bayelsa state is no mans land
we can smell an afonja teenage kid from a mile away no matter how you try to fake being igbo,little wisdom always applied in afonja children's actions

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 28, 2016
Good news for loothers
Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by juman(m): 7:43am On Oct 28, 2016
ayindejimmy:

it's offshore bro

APC deceiving themselves.

They better face agriculture their lands can bear.

1 Like

Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by vladimiros: 7:45am On Oct 28, 2016
Adminisher:

The stupidity of you people is amazing. They called something offshore and you say it is in Bayelsa State. Why don't you guys get serious. The world is changing around you and you people still can't smell the coffee. No investment is going to the Niger Delta region in the next ten years. Oil production from the region will dwindle and security forces will increase by 300%.

if they call u hausas mumu now you would complain

about 50% ok akwa ibom oil is offshore yet they still collect derivation. get ur facts right

the oil in lagos is offshore

5 Likes

Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by Akpan107(m): 7:46am On Oct 28, 2016
cyberdurable:

Affonjazzy is that you?
the guy is actually not an igbo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by maxxx(m): 7:48am On Oct 28, 2016
Cyberdurable will not kill somebody abeg....which is "AFONJAZZY " again. eeh!!!!? grin grin grin
Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by vectoh(m): 7:48am On Oct 28, 2016
HirstMOG:

yes because outskirts of Bayelsa na north or Yoruba land. zombie!!!!
do u think at all?
Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by vladimiros: 7:48am On Oct 28, 2016
when lagos discovers offshore oil.zombies " its is our oyel"
when discovered in niger delta. zombies " the oyel is federal property"
mumus..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by Lilimax(f): 7:53am On Oct 28, 2016
How about the ones discovered in the North?
Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by rusher14: 7:59am On Oct 28, 2016
HirstMOG:

yes because outskirts of Bayelsa na north or Yoruba land. zombie!!!!

It us not even in anyway related to Bayelsa.

If you made a move for it you would need to go from Akwa Ibom to the block.

Yet, it is in water depths of between 200 and 1000m (576m for the owowo-3 well) and also 20km southeast of the Usan field.

Vanguard as usual would do anything to cause conflict and controversy even amongst neighbours.

2 Likes

Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by Senorprinz(m): 7:59am On Oct 28, 2016
TerrorSquad147:
Bros no vex, are you currently working as a geologist in a reputable company abi you just wan yarn?? Because I studied geology too and I never see oyel company job angry angry
so na only oil company geologists fit work for shey, that's the problem i have with most geologist, what happened to enviromental geology, hydrogeology, engineering geology e.t.c, even if you insist on working for an oyel company, how many industry related programs have you undertaken, the oil industry is a very competitive field, you need to stand out to be noticed, and how do you stand out? by enriching your c.v with certification programs.

1 Like

Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 28, 2016
cyberdurable:
[size=20pt]This is the real Oyel... And not the media oyel in Lagos and South Wa.ste [/size]

Modified: The partiality in this forum eh...

So our sweet word south Was.te av been automatically turned to west..

Oga Admin.. Kindly modify words like flat heads
Flattinos iPod etc... 5% from the east

cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin..... For Lagos OIL they never told us how many barrels in the well but they just showed us one bottle of Crude
IN BAYELSA 1 billion Barrel discovered in Lagos on bottle discovered

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by MoyoGENERAL: 8:02am On Oct 28, 2016
Senorprinz:
study geology, una no gree, shatout to all sequence stratigraphists all ova the world.
Ogbeni Na only them waka come, what about the Geophysicist who did expertly in seismic interpretation and processing, the drilling Engineer who didn't miss target, or the Reservoir Engineer who appraised the field correctly!
You dey here dey shout sequence strat, when things dey Integrated in the O&G.
# You better go meet vial,johanssen or Galloway if sequence strat dey shak your mind#
Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by Sibrah: 8:05am On Oct 28, 2016
modath:

Good news all the way... I nor dey lie to masef, we don't have any other thing going for us presently.. I'm a firm believer of taking care of the here and now, if you are not alright today, how do you have the mental strength and resilience to be alive for tomorrow?

To diversify needs gazillions of cash which we have no access to at the moment and time to develop which is almost 20+yrs too late...

For goodness sakes, we don't even have stable power supply, how are we then supposed to leap start the race to full economic dependence in 10yrs (give or take)?
Its good and bad oh . . .
In local govts areas where 40 drivers are paid but they have just 1 vehicle before now, it will now increase to 100 drivers.
Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 28, 2016
WiLdFLame:
Nigeria’s oil sector discovery of significant oil with a potential recoverable resource of between 500 million and 1 billion barrels
The Owowo-3 well, which was spud on September 23, encountered about 460 feet (140 meters) of oil-bearing sandstone reservoir.
Owowo-3 was safely drilled to 10,410 feet (3,173 meters) in 1,890 feet (576 meters) of water. The Owowo field spans portions of the contract areas of Oil Prospecting License 223 (OPL 223) and Oil Mining License 139 (OML 139).
www.leadership.ng/business/556366/exxonmobil-announces-major-oil-discovery-offshore-nigeria

NOW!!! This is what I call...."FACTS and FIGURES" ...not Lagos kind of oil discovery grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by chiedu7: 8:07am On Oct 28, 2016
vectoh:
See tiff
I beg no mind that scratch face.
We all know who the oil belongs too.
Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 28, 2016
WiLdFLame:

the oyel belongs to nigeria not bayelsa oo sir
nobody papa get offshore...

So which location is the SAID Lagos oil..... Epe

1 Like

Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by Badonasty(m): 8:12am On Oct 28, 2016
[quote author=modath post=50566883]
Germany isn't landlocked
Won't stop the usual suspects from bellyaching over this...

I laugh for belle when they rant and rave about how oil is no longer a big deal.. Really? Oil is a dud & the west stay destabilising the middle east/OPEC countries/anything energy related in order to control /force the price /ensure prices stay down?

Oyinbo and their lie lie alternatives have not found a solution to oil & gas dependency but they keep sustaining their campaign of lie & deceit which some are foolish enough to align with...

P.S... I know some will trawl the interweb for points to discredit this assertion, I welcome it, just keep it civil & sensible/verifiable, don't just pull crap outta ya asses, like Germany & Switzerland being landlocked and devoid of mineral deposits.

Switzerland has more than a quarter of the funds of numerous countries domiciled with them (illicit and untraceable mostly), they have no choice but to thrive, as for Germany, their machines will run on water nah. cool[/.
Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 28, 2016
badman007:
Mbok, can someone pls explain what this means?ExxonMobil holds 27 per cent interest and is the operator for OPL 223 and OML 139. Joint venture partners include Chevron Nigeria Deepwater G Limited (27 per cent interest), Total E&P Nigeria Limited (18 per cent interest), Nexen Petroleum Deepwater Nigeria Limited (18 per cent interest), and the Nigeria Petroleum Development Company Limited (10 per cent interest).

27 + 27 + 18 + 18 = 90 %...... The oil actually belong to IOCs.....thats why they support Buhari a hausaman their puppet..... So Baselsa will have only 13% of Nigeria 10% undecided........ The western will always support those they can control and deceive....Hausa man have no brain and Yorubas can always betray any one.

1 Like

Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 28, 2016
It would be very difficult to make significant progress as a country the way we make comments on national issues. By the way, Owowo is in Ogun State.
Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by Senorprinz(m): 8:17am On Oct 28, 2016
MoyoGENERAL:

Ogbeni Na only them waka come, what about the Geophysicist who did expertly in seismic interpretation and processing, the drilling Engineer who didn't miss target, or the Reservoir Engineer who appraised the field correctly!
You dey here dey shout sequence strat, when things dey Integrated in the O&G.
# You better go meet vial,johanssen or Galloway if sequence strat dey shak your mind#
lolz, i agree with you, i was'nt trying to undermine the relevance of other parties involved, but, shey you know the prescence of sand bodies are detected primarily using sequence stratigraphic techniques, (mostly in LST and HST packages). that's what my hailing was about sir.
Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by Adminisher: 8:19am On Oct 28, 2016
vladimiros:

if they call u hausas mumu now you would complain

about 50% ok akwa ibom oil is offshore yet they still collect derivation. get ur facts right

the oil in lagos is offshore

Yes the oil offshore Lagos is offshore oil.
Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by Xflint(m): 8:22am On Oct 28, 2016
CliffordOrji:
we have noted u. Try again
Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 28, 2016
cyberdurable:
[size=20pt]This is the real Oyel... And not the media oyel in Lagos and South Wa.ste [/size]

Modified: The partiality in this forum eh...

So our sweet word south Was.te av been automatically turned to west..

Oga Admin.. Kindly modify words like flat heads
Flattinos iPod etc... 5% from the east

Cyberdurable: most active in CRIME, politics and celebrities. I see why Biafra will never amount to anything
Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by deflover(m): 8:26am On Oct 28, 2016
afonjas are funny lots
You hate the Niger delta but your oil in badagary is offshore and belongs to Lagos state....ours is offshore but belong to Nigeria ba

hate will choke you all ni
Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by ozoemenaca: 8:27am On Oct 28, 2016
CliffordOrji:
Afonjas at it again claiming Igbo and bearing Igbo name, but we know thy works

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by Xflint(m): 8:30am On Oct 28, 2016
Adminisher:

The stupidity of you people is amazing. They called something offshore and you say it is in Bayelsa State. Why don't you guys get serious. The world is changing around you and you people still can't smell the coffee. No investment is going to the Niger Delta region in the next ten years. Oil production from the region will dwindle and security forces will increase by 300%.
i reject and send it back to u 600% times
Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by phreakabit(m): 8:30am On Oct 28, 2016
[size=28pt]Please compensate the host community. . . It goes beyond discovering oil there.[/size]
Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by omenka(m): 8:33am On Oct 28, 2016
modath:

Won't stop the usual suspects from bellyaching over this...

I laugh for belle when they rant and rave about how oil is no longer a big deal.. Really? Oil is a dud & the west stay destabilising the middle east/OPEC countries/anything energy related in order to control /force the price /ensure prices stay down?

Oyinbo and their lie lie alternatives have not found a solution to oil & gas dependency but they keep sustaining their campaign of lie & deceit which some are foolish enough to align with...

P.S... I know some will trawl the interweb for points to discredit this assertion, I welcome it, just keep it civil & sensible/verifiable, don't just pull crap outta ya asses, like Germany & Switzerland being landlocked and devoid of mineral deposits.

Switzerland has more than a quarter of the funds of numerous countries domiciled with them (illicit and untraceable mostly), they have no choice but to thrive, as for Germany, their machines will run on water nah. cool
God bless you jor!! Your sense dey dia!!

Here was my reply to a post made earlier regarding this dame topic:

serenegroup:
Good news but I thought the world is migrating away from dirty to clean energy. well any investment that will create jobs for Naija is okay
omenka:
No mind US propaganda. Who pollutes the environment more than them?? That is why you'd never see China or India signing any nonsense international treaty on global warming or emission of greenhouse gases.

When US been dey industrialise dey burn fossil fuel with their alleged negative effects, where did they keep their care about ozone layer or sea levels- now, when it seems other countries are fast catching up with them in terms of industrialisation, they've suddenly remembered "clean energy sources" and global warming.

They simply want to stunt the growth of other nations so as to remain a global supper power, that's all!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 28, 2016
modath:

Good news all the way... I nor dey lie to masef, we don't have any other thing going for us presently.. I'm a firm believer of taking care of the here and now, if you are not alright today, how do you have the mental strength and resilience to be alive for tomorrow?

To diversify needs gazillions of cash which we have no access to at the moment and time to develop which is almost 20+yrs too late...

For goodness sakes, we don't even have stable power supply, how are we then supposed to leap start the race to full economic dependence in 10yrs (give or take)?

10 years ke? Try 50 years, the whole of the 20th century went past us. On oil, I will disagree with you slightly, there is need to work hard at that diversification, the stone age did not end because the world ran out of stones.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Exxonmobil Announces Major Oil Discovery Offshore Nigeria by Xflint(m): 8:35am On Oct 28, 2016
Audray:
Offshore or not.This discovery won't help matters.The useless cretins we have as leaders will go back to make the same mistake the has put is in this current mess.
Diversification my ar§e.
Na only for mouth and paper dem dey diversify.

U guys getting into e-fights on whether its Nigerian or Bayelsa oil. Are you ok at all? What will the location of the oil do for you or this rotten country? "The ogas at the top" will milk the nation dry and fatten their pockets and all you'll ever do is get in tribal and regional fights.Who will this help?What will it change?
Why are there so many brainless cows in this country?

u are there bros...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Femi Otedola And Bill Gates Pictured Together / Gas Explosion Rocks Port Harcourt Mall, Rivers State, One Dead, Many Injured / Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.