Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:16 AM

Review Of Basket Mouth's Website - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Review Of Basket Mouth's Website (8539 Views)

Complete Review Of Asus Transformer Book T100HA Laptop/tablet / Read What Adsense Replied On Their Second Review Of My Application / Review Of Best Soccer Prediction Websites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by nana(f): 1:40pm On Oct 27, 2009
What if that's what Basket Mouth wanted
Wale Abba is good web designer. U can check his site for more of his works.
www.gobbleabba.com
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by zuuby(m): 1:48pm On Oct 27, 2009
concept of having tabs running away from me is not good at all.
Some people just wan to breeze in and out to come back later but the
the running tabs won't make u come back.
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by RichyBlacK(m): 1:58pm On Oct 27, 2009
Baba Fela dey give us better music for that site.
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by harpo(m): 1:58pm On Oct 27, 2009
@yawa ti de, i have just one problem with the website, which is also a very basic one, USABILITY which i can say is very poor.

I am not an IT person nor a web designer but i have visit lots and lots of site and this turns out as one of the poorest in that aspect that i have seen.

Comedy - 90%
Website - 25%,
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by cvibe: 2:15pm On Oct 27, 2009
Too slow to load. Finally opened!
I can't be chasing tabs around.
The site was not designed with the user in mind.
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by emiemi(f): 2:47pm On Oct 27, 2009
Nice site wiv a lot of flash 'efizis'. But too many clicks spoil the job (anyway i've always have an idea
that the flashier the site, the slower it gotta get, kinda like u sac this to get that).
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by dgreatrock(m): 3:34pm On Oct 27, 2009
Well, colourful but what is the essence of parrot if it cant sing/talk
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by mccloud224(m): 3:40pm On Oct 27, 2009
@Topic

Like the saying goes "a prophet is never appreciated in his hometown" .This is exactly what we are witnessing here.If this was Jay-Z or Beyounce's website, everybody would be saying "wow, what a cool looking site! ! ! " but because it's their own person's property, you are seeing all kinds of odd comments e.g

(1) Too much flash : This is the first time I've heard of flash software being "too much" on a website.So long as it looks good and loads well, wetin be too much flash?I guess it all boils down to the fact that people must say something shaaaaa. . . no matter how ridiculous! ! !

(2)It doesn't navigate well :  That sounds odd.The web developer did a good job of being unique and different from most.This website speaks of quality and countless hours behind a computer.Abeg give kudos to who it's due.Not all websites look like face book or Google.I'm sure if it was one of those "simple" and "common" sites, the same people would say it was garbage.Na wa for we people.

(3)It takes long to load : Abeg upgrade or sell your computer.Also, get a better internet connection e.g broadband.
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by gongoaso1: 3:53pm On Oct 27, 2009
mccloud
you took the words outta my mouth  shocked

methinks the website is a reflection of basket mouth's personality which is 'clowning'
the tabs jumping gave me some funny ish, yeah, i think basket mouth is as funny as hell
do  you expect a comedian's website to look so much business like? na real wah for people sef.

overall IMO, i think its cool.
perhaps the mentality of bashing anything up for discussion on nairaland has taken over sense of good reasoning
guess most posters are assuming the OP put up this discussion for the usual bashing undecided

and for those complaining of time to load, take mcclouds no.3 point.  grin cheesy grin
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by mccloud224(m): 3:57pm On Oct 27, 2009
This is Eminem's website :

http://www.eminemworld.com/
http://www.eminem.com/

And this is Jay-Z's website :

http://www.islanddefjam.com/default.aspx?labelID=75

Compare these with basket mouth's website and tell me you don't see the difference in quality/hard work. I don't know why we love to "downgrade" ourselves.I don't know if it's an African thing or a "Nigerian thing". Na wa for una. If the website is too flashy for you, design a "flashless" website to counter it let us see.

Nuff said.
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by dgreatrock(m): 3:59pm On Oct 27, 2009
The Guy (Basketmouth) must have been carried away seeing this jargon! His associates should encourage him to see this thread. So that he ll make that guy do a good jobor refund his dough!
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by Nezan(m): 4:14pm On Oct 27, 2009
^^ ha ha ha
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by lalaboi(m): 4:17pm On Oct 27, 2009
dgreatrock:

The Guy (Basketmouth) must have been carried away seeing this jargon! His associates should encourage him to see this thread. So that he ll make that guy do a good jobor refund his dough!

Like you can do any better!. . .
I understand sha. . . .People always hate on something they cant do for themselves. . . .Its normal!
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by mccloud224(m): 4:18pm On Oct 27, 2009

@dgreatrock

Typical "bad belle" rhetoric. Wetin be the jargon wey u see now? We dey review basket mouth website and dey cast views, u dey bring jargons come inside.

mccloud
you took the words outta my mouth  Shocked

methinks the website is a reflection of basket mouth's personality which is 'clowning'
the tabs jumping gave me some funny ish, yeah, i think basket mouth is as funny as hell
do  you expect a comedian's website to look so much business like? na real wah for people sef.

overall IMO, i think its cool.
perhaps the mentality of bashing anything up for discussion on nairaland has taken over sense of good reasoning
guess most posters are assuming the OP put up this discussion for the usual bashing  Undecided

and for those complaining of time to load, take mcclouds no.3 point.  Grin Cheesy Grin

@gongo aso

I concur with you.A website is supposed to represent the personality of the owner(s).CNN's website reflects news.Nairaland's website reflects an enormous community of Nigerians who get on the forums to air their views.African booties website reflects the "attributes" of our women smiley .Basket mouth's website reflects humor and wit.And so on and so forth.

Maybe the posters expected the website to look like Google or Nairaland cry cry cry cry
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by Gamine(f): 4:19pm On Oct 27, 2009
not bad at all
i am laffing my ass off grin
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by saydfact(m): 4:22pm On Oct 27, 2009
nana:

What if that's what Basket Mouth wanted
Wale Abba is good web designer. U can check his site for more of his works.
www.gobbleabba.com

NOW I SEE Y DEM DEY COMPLAIN ABOUT BASKET MOUTH SITE, THIS 1 FOR THE PAST 1HOUR STILL DEY SHOW GREEN BAR, THIS IS THE WORST SITE I'V BIN TO, (well dats's if it opens)
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by tboy1(m): 4:23pm On Oct 27, 2009
mccloud224:

@Topic

Like the saying goes "a prophet is never appreciated in his hometown" .This is exactly what we are witnessing here.If this was Jay-Z or Beyounce's website, everybody would be saying "wow, what a cool looking site! ! ! " but because it's their own person's property, you are seeing all kinds of odd comments e.g
(1) Too much flash : This is the first time I've heard of flash software being "too much" on a website.So long as it looks good and loads well, wetin be too much flash?I guess it all boils down to the fact that people must say something shaaaaa. . . no matter how ridiculous! ! !
(2)It doesn't navigate well :  That sounds odd.The web developer did a good job of being unique and different from most.This website speaks of quality and countless hours behind a computer.Abeg give kudos to who it's due.Not all websites look like face book or Google.I'm sure if it was one of those "simple" and "common" sites, the same people would say it was garbage.Na wa for we people.
(3)It takes long to load : Abeg upgrade or sell your computer.Also, get a better internet connection e.g broadband.
Most ppl pointed out the flaws in the site which even my 7 yr old nephew will agree to.
- Navigating was not easy - a designer should make a site as user friendly as possible
- Loading was no problem for me but some ppl found out it was slow for them and i believe most ppl checking this site will be from nigeria and we all know how slow the internet is - so if its very slow to the average user, how many ppl do you think will close this page before it loads  undecided not to talk of ppl tryin' to access the site from their phones . . . u go wait tire
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by mccloud224(m): 4:23pm On Oct 27, 2009
I understand sha. . . .People always hate on something they cant do for themselves. . . .Its normal!

@lalaboi

Thank you jare.Speak the truth brother.E dey good make people talk true.Na the way wey dem dey take downgrade people in everyday life dem carry enter nairaland.By their fruits, u go sabi who dem be (down graders)
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by mccloud224(m): 4:26pm On Oct 27, 2009
NOW I SEE Y DEM DEY COMPLAIN ABOUT BASKET MOUTH SITE, THIS 1 FOR THE PAST 1HOUR STILL DEY SHOW GREEN BAR, THIS IS THE WORST SITE I'V BIN TO, (well dats's if it opens)

@say-d-fact

It opens well on my computer.Maybe you need to upgrade your internet connection to something faster.Perhaps you should use Google chrome or Mozilla.It could also be that you have viruses embedded in your HDD which is slowing down your system.The website opened on my computer in seconds.
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by tboy1(m): 4:29pm On Oct 27, 2009
mccloud224:

@gongo aso
I concur with you.A website is supposed to represent the personality of the owner(s).CNN's website reflects news.Nairaland's website reflects an enormous community of Nigerians who get on the forums to air their views.African booties website reflects the "attributes" of our women smiley .Basket mouth's website reflects humor and wit.And so on and so forth.

Maybe the posters expected the website to look like Google or Nairaland cry cry cry cry
where is the humor on that site because i didnt see any   undecided
u mean trying to access the page by chasing the panel flying around is humor  grin grin grin
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by mccloud224(m): 4:35pm On Oct 27, 2009
where is the humor on that site because i didnt see any
u mean trying to access the page by chasing the panel flying around is humor

@tboy1

Humor and wit i said.Basket mouth comes off as "odd".He's website was made to reflect that.What more do you want?A website that makes you laugh as soon as you access it? Brother please. . .

If you feel that website doesn't cut it, please show me any site of any comedian either from the US,UK or 9ja that is "so humorous" to the extent you laugh immediately you access it (Nna na wa for we people ooo!)

Why do our people love downgrading?Ehh?Why can't we appreciate good things when we see them?Why must we put down everything our people try to do?

It beats me.
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by koolchicco: 4:42pm On Oct 27, 2009
lalaboi:

I wonder ooo!
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by gongoaso1: 4:44pm On Oct 27, 2009
tboy1:

Most ppl pointed out the flaws in the site which even my 7 yr old nephew will agree to.
- Navigating was not easy - a designer should make a site as user friendly as possible
- Loading was no problem for me but some ppl found out it was slow for them and[b] i believe most ppl checking this site will be from nigeria[/b] and we all know how slow the internet is - so if its very slow to the average user, how many ppl do you think will close this page before it loads  undecided not to talk of ppl tryin' to access the site from their phones . . . u go wait tire

are you trying to say a web developer now needs to bear in mind the likely viewer location when developing a website
i might know one or two things about web-developing, definitely not a pro. but this reasoning beats me.

tboy1:

where is the humor on that site because i didnt see any   undecided
u mean trying to access the page by chasing the panel flying around is humor  grin grin grin

sarcasm ryt? see your teeth cheesy
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by dgreatrock(m): 4:45pm On Oct 27, 2009
Sorry O!
my jargon=when people get discouraged and cant wait for the page to open and walk away. No hurt intended
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by howfar2: 4:48pm On Oct 27, 2009
The developer of the site ought to have done an heuristic evaluation of the site before publishing
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by gongoaso1: 4:51pm On Oct 27, 2009
how far:

The developer of the site ought to have done an heuristic evaluation of the site before publishing
oga small small naw shocked
on top basketmouth site grin

you know how many hours e go take to load wiki check that word meaning tongue
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by mccloud224(m): 4:53pm On Oct 27, 2009
Sorry O!
my jargon=when people get discouraged and cant wait for the page to open and walk away. No hurt intended

@dgreatrock

No problems.All they need do is understand that not "all" websites are like nairaland.If they are complaining about basket mouth's website, what would they say of www.sony.com or www.lge.com.

No matter how hard to try for our people, they will still look for one senseless thing to ridicule your hard work.I pity una.Dis na why we no dey progress.
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by tboy1(m): 4:56pm On Oct 27, 2009
mccloud224:

@tboy1
Humor and wit i said.Basket mouth comes off as "odd".He's website was made to reflect that.What more do you want?A website that makes you laugh as soon as you access it? Brother please. . .
If you feel that website doesn't cut it, please show me any site of any comedian either from the US,UK or 9ja that is "so humorous" to the extent you laugh immediately you access it (Nna na wa for we people ooo!)
Why do our people love downgrading?Ehh?Why can't we appreciate good things when we see them?Why must we put down everything our people try to do?
It beats me.
No one is downgrading anything . . we're discussing the site and not basketmouth as a person
I neva wrote anywhere that this site was not good, i noticed the navigating issue and i pointed it out
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by mccloud224(m): 4:57pm On Oct 27, 2009

@how far

Really?How many "heuristic evaluations" did face book,my space,bebo,twitter or tagged do before they became recognized?Did 50-cent,Maria Carey or Missy Elliot do "heuristic evaluations" to get their website's accredited?

Sweet Jesus! ! !

Sometimes my people scare the living daylights out of me with their hypocrisy.
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by mccloud224(m): 5:05pm On Oct 27, 2009
@tboy1
u mean trying to access the page by chasing the panel flying around is humor

Chasing the panel around is witty and a lil humorous coz it's "out of place and odd" which is comedy.You don't need to fall off your chair to know it's witty.That's the point i made.

No one is downgrading anything . . we're discussing the site and not basketmouth as a person
I neva wrote anywhere that this site was not good, i noticed the navigating issue and i pointed it out

The way you say "navigation issue" makes it sounds as if the web developer didn't know what he/she was doing.The navigation of the site was DELIBERATELY made to be different from every other tom,dick and harry sites.Of course it will take a lil time to get used to but that is the work of a creative web designer/web programmer.Not everyone aspires to be like the rest you know.Being creative and doing something different takes genius.That's the truth.

The first thing that strikes you when you access the site is one word : DIFFERENT! ! !
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by tboy1(m): 5:08pm On Oct 27, 2009
gongo aso:

are you trying to say a web developer now needs to bear in mind the likely viewer location when developing a website i might know one or two things about web-developing, definitely not a pro. but this reasoning beats me.
yep he should - if 50% of your user cannot access the site den there is no point, and the other 50% having it hard to navigate then he should check it out.
gongo aso:

sarcasm ryt? see your teeth  cheesy
lol . . .seriously that thing was not needed - he should remove it and have a message like ''Enter site' instead of basketmouthdottv. we already know its basketmouthdot tv because we wrote the damn link ourselves  cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Monitor File Changes On Web Server / Everything you need to know about Blogging/website + Google adsense In Nigeria / Nigeria Has No Functional Official Web Portal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.