Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Review Of Basket Mouth's Website - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Review Of Basket Mouth's Website (8428 Views)

Complete Review Of Asus Transformer Book T100HA Laptop/tablet / Read What Adsense Replied On Their Second Review Of My Application / Review Of Best Soccer Prediction Websites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by denny4ril: 11:31pm On Oct 27, 2009
wink cool site, cool graphics, easy to navigate. features of a good website. Thumb Up, B-Mouth!
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by Olong(m): 1:58am On Oct 28, 2009
Bad gateway!
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by mbulela: 5:00am On Oct 28, 2009
guys and gals,
i am not a techie person but as a regular user of numerous sites (i spend over 4 hrs a day online), i have a comment to make;
grammatical errors and typos are unacceptable on any personal website.
it is a no no.
irrespective of how good the site is, i lose confidence in the product on display the moment i see typos or grammatical errors on the site.
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by Afam(m): 8:18am On Oct 28, 2009
On the web the language is the link.

On the web the essence is to enable visitors complete tasks from finding or searching for information to buying stuff.

What works in the regular print media usually would not work on the web because people are usually in a hurry to complete tasks and then move on to other things.

It is one thing for the owner to fall in love with the website but it is entirely another thing for the website to be useful for those it was setup for in the first place - the fans and the users.

Not all of them will sell their computers just to access the website neither will they settle for broadband internet access to be able to view the website.

The creativity on the website is ok but it should not create confusion, there are basic standards that must be respected.

You don't buy a brand new car and begin to look for the ignition area because out of creativity the manufacturer decided to put it on the door.

So, basically the issues I see are

1. No logical navigation

2. Loading time

I respect people that think outside the box so the creativity introduced is good but should fall within acceptable standards that will not leave the visitor confused or frustrated.
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by remoranger(m): 8:20am On Oct 28, 2009
this board needs a revamp. seriously
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by mccloud224(m): 8:51am On Oct 28, 2009
this board needs a revamp. seriously

@remoranger

In what respect?
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by soloqy: 10:45am On Oct 28, 2009
dgreatrock:

They are not in warri. i am using multilinks.

it took me almost 90secs

Throw away that multilinks. Am using Starcomms in Lagos(Its not even as good as it used to be), and it didnt take me up to 10 seconds to open
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by gozzilla(m): 1:06pm On Oct 28, 2009
Truth be told it is a great site,
Well it suits the personality of the owner,

Nothing more to say, The site is basically non-interactive. I cann't access the videos or comment on them. how the hell is he suppose to know if his fans checked in.
The navigation thing, (unacceptable. How do you remember where u are coming from)
The double landing, (accepted b/c it is a common practice for flash pages)

But generally guys did a great job, but like they said we should stop accepting mediocrity. If the site developer would just pop in here for an hour, that site will be on adobe flash site of the day by day end,
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by novaman: 3:31pm On Oct 28, 2009
fantastic; I don't know why people complain about simple error, even in your job you cannot be the best you can only try to be your best; so if you notice any error, simply send a note to the web master or the owners of the site in question
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by yawatide(f): 3:51pm On Oct 28, 2009
novaman,

No one is saying that anything is 100%. Having said that, there are things that should be caught earlier on in the web development process. And by the way, what would you say about those who complain about websites/companies on youtube? "Complaining" on social networks is the most effective way to bring about change wink
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by dgreatrock(m): 8:21pm On Oct 30, 2009
Dont loss sight of the fact that these coments are not meant to destroy but constructively criticize the site for its betterment
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by yawatide(f): 8:38pm On Oct 30, 2009
Dont loss sight of the fact that these coments are not meant to destroy but constructively criticize the site for its betterment

GBAM! You couldn't have said it any better. Generally speaking, Nigerians see anything said against them negatively, not as something to learn from but an affront on their "do you know who I am" personality.
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by bug24(m): 6:41pm On Oct 31, 2009
Haaaaaaah !!!

This is realy interesting a thread, i ran away from NL cos this place realy got boring, now i think am back,
talkin abt Maccloud, are u sure it isnt u or ur homie that designed the B-mouth site? the way u keep defending this thang, i no understand u oh. Haba !!!, i dont know if u r doing this to make this thread interesting and linger forever or u realy mean it,

u said in one of your posts that B-Mouth is cool abt the website and thats all that matters, I PUT IT TO YOU THAT YOU AIN'T A WEB DEVELOPER, if you are, definitely u aint a good one, how can u say because the site owner is cool with the site its all that matters? then let him not advertise the site to his fans, let him keep assessing it every second from his bedroom. Haba !!! bros no make me vex o.

No one is doing bad belle here, this is also for u to learn from, when u happen to handle this kinda stuff, dont be selfish abt it, u are cooking it for the public , so put something the public will like and not YOU.

i rest my case.
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by yawatide(f): 10:05pm On Oct 31, 2009
bug24:

I have been sharing the same sentiments as you, regarding the board slowly dying. 

Personally, I would rather have a boring board but we learn something than going back and forth over reviews but hey, I guess this is like TV where you have to appeal to your audience and the audience demands reviews.

Don't worry, more of such posts to come  tongue
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by dgreatrock(m): 4:29pm On Nov 05, 2009
ya-wa,
i see you are having a hard time with these digressors!
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by bug24(m): 7:39am On Nov 06, 2009
@rock, ummm, i assumably assume by d word digressors, ur keyboard addicted fingers aint pointing 2me oh?
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by dgreatrock(m): 8:57am On Nov 09, 2009
bug24:

@rock, ummm, i assumably assume by d word digressors, your keyboard addicted fingers aint pointing 2me oh?

Is your conscience pointing at you
Re: Review Of Basket Mouth's Website by valleyice(m): 4:11pm On Nov 15, 2013
Cool Site.
But I was disappointed not to have spent 5mins and discover a fews conss... If like said that that developer maintains a PROFILE he should do some lightbox or js on the gallery I feel bored clicking back after each pic... and why can't I use the contact form

Some developers should know that its not all about flashing and populating it. Let it be developed -I mean content, components, plug-ins.

Also noticed that the when you click "the book" on the menu, both the "home" and "the book" becomes active.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Monitor File Changes On Web Server / How Can I Pay For Google Ad As A Nigerian / Classical Ways Of Promoting A New Blog Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.