Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo (6576 Views)

Ex-governor Adams Oshiomole Is Fast Loosing His Political Relevance? / N200 Million Home: Nigerians Say Oshiomole Is Come-raid Not Comrade / Oshiomole Is A Disgrace And Curse To Edo People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by chinjo(m): 9:14am On Oct 28, 2016
FROM THE UROMI VOICE ADMIN DESK
ON THE PURPORTED SUSPENSION OF OUR REVERED KING
==================================================
We received with horror the abominable news that our exalted Onojie, HRM Anslem Eidenojie II the Ojuromi of Uromi was purported to have been suspended by the Executive Committee of the Edo State Government led by Comrade Adam Oshiomhole, the outgoing Governor of Edo State. Oshiomhole was said to have invoked Section 28(1) of Traditional Rulers and Chiefs Law (1979) and all other Laws to order the suspension of Zaki from office as the Onojie of Uromi for a period of seven (7) days from the 26th of October 2016 to the 1st of November, 2016.

It is the greatest faux pas ever committed by anyone who calls himself the governor of Edo state. As an Edo man, he should have known that an Onojie is born and never made.

It is true that the Nigerian Constitution incorporated this power inSection 28(1) of Traditional Rulers and Chiefs Law (1979) from the British Colonialists into our legal system. It is also true that the British introduced into our legal system the ability of the State or Federal Government, by whatever name called, to suspend or depose a monarch in order to make inferior or subservient the natural leadership of the people of the various kingdoms or Ethnic groups that constitute Nigeria and to legitimise their empire. It worked well with the Yoruba (because of their method of succession), the Hausa (the Fulani were basically usurpers and thus could be removed and replaced), the Ibo, Idoma, Tiv, Berom etc (their traditional rulers were created by the British) but never worked with the Benin or the Esan. It is not about to work now.

In fact, and indeed, the British, as a result of the resistance of the Oba Ovonramwen and Okolo nojie and later, his successor Ogbidi nojie, to the incursion of the imperialists into their domains, decided to do away with the monarchy as it was practised in Benin and Uromi. They tried to create a new dynasty different from the bloodlines of Obas of Benin, and the Onojies of Uromi. They failed spectacularly.

In Benin, an attempt was made to make Chief Agho Obaseki the putative head of the Kingdom, which was rejected by the Chiefs and the People with the explanation to the British that an Oba is never made but born. Not done, they moved to crown Prince Aiguobasinwin Ovonramwen (who later became Oba Eweka II) the Oba while his father was still alive. He refused. History has it that he preferred to die than to take the throne of his father while he was still alive.

In Uromi, while Ogbidi Nojie was shipped to exile first in Calabar and later Ibadan, several attempts were made to replace him, and it didn’t succeed for the same reason. For an Onojie is never made but born. As a corollary, an Edaiken can never succeed his father while he is yet alive.

The British left this odious law in our books. The first time it was used in the immediate aftermath of our independence was when the Northern Regional Government of Sir Ahmadu Bello used it to depose Alhaji Muhammadu Sanusi, late Emir of Kano, the Grandfather of the present Emir. Since then, other governments whether in the North East, North West, North Central, South East, South West, and South-South have invoked this law to either suspend or remove a monarch but the Governments of first, the Western Region of Nigerian, Second, the Midwestern Region, third, Bendel State and Fourth, Edo state knew well enough not to mess with the traditional institutions of Edo or to make any tokenistic and largely ineffectual claim of attempting to depose an Oba or an Onojie of Uromi such as Oshiomhole has done. This is because it knows the validity of these God made Kings does not rise up from the formalistic instruments of state but rather from the people themselves. It knew very well that the people will never agree to pay obeisance to anyone but to the one who they regard as the father of all.

Oshiomhole, without any introspection or a sense of self, decided to cite this law to bring the entirety of the Uromi people into ridicule. Unfortunately, that law is not even worth the paper it is written on as far as the Kingship of Uromi is concerned. It can't be used to bring the father of Uromi, the King from God, our Zaki, into ridicule. It would do nothing but bring Oshiomhole into ridicule himself. For we the people of Uromi has seen this movie played out before from a force more powerful than Oshiomhole, it failed.

Oshiomhole is doomed to failure in this course he has taken. The Onojie does not need the Edo State Government to survive or for the reverence with which the people of Uromi holds him.

We, therefore, demand Oshiomhole retract this abominable letter and offer an unreserved apology to our father. He must take his filthy hands off our Kingship.

Signed by the Uromi Voice Admins

Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by Young03(m): 9:31am On Oct 28, 2016
Is it because oshiomole suspended him made u people say that oshiomole is not Edo man?

why will ur enojie assault a woman

crap

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by chinjo(m): 9:35am On Oct 28, 2016
Young03:
Is it because oshiomole suspended him made u people say that oshiomole is not Edo man?

crap

If Oshiomole is an EDO man he would have known that he doesn't have such powers. He is cursed already
Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by Young03(m): 9:38am On Oct 28, 2016
chinjo:

If Oshiomole is an EDO man he would have known that he doesn't have such powers. He is cursed already

in fact tell us in full what d enojie did that resulted in him been suspended?

6 Likes

Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by oshiosense(m): 9:38am On Oct 28, 2016
These Esan people set!

1 Like

Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by gebest: 9:48am On Oct 28, 2016
Maybe u ve forgotten that state government pays them monthly salary which is going to stop now.

4 Likes

Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by limeta(f): 10:07am On Oct 28, 2016
Young03:

crap

Try mind yr business . Dont oshiomole sound yoruba to you
Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by limeta(f): 10:12am On Oct 28, 2016
No body can suspend our onojie been you the president or who ever.
Esan is not a land you mess with
They dont wait for night they do things even at mid day.
Those in the know ,know what i mean.

Long live zaki
Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by Unblockable: 10:15am On Oct 28, 2016
limeta:

Try reason like a reasonable fellow na.. What are you saying sef?

4 Likes

Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by Unblockable: 10:19am On Oct 28, 2016
limeta:

Long live zaki

Were you a kid when the Deji of Akure was sacked for assaulting his wife in public?

8 Likes

Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by limeta(f): 10:21am On Oct 28, 2016
Unblockable:

Try reason like a reasonable fellow na.. What are you saying sef?

Na you know
Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by limeta(f): 10:22am On Oct 28, 2016
Unblockable:

Were you a kid when the Deji of Akure was sacked for assaulting his wife in public?

Thats akure
Did you read the write up at all

Na today.

2 Likes

Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by Young03(m): 10:23am On Oct 28, 2016
limeta:

sorry dear, pls where is he from?

4 Likes

Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by limeta(f): 10:24am On Oct 28, 2016
Young03:

sorry dear, pls where is he from?

Hell pit
He is cursed already. just watch his life from now on
Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by Young03(m): 10:25am On Oct 28, 2016
limeta:

Hell pit

esan girls tire me

hmm...

4 Likes

Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by maxti: 10:28am On Oct 28, 2016
Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by temodent(m): 10:48am On Oct 28, 2016
The days are already counting. The 7th day is almost here and we shall see. That it has never been done before doesn't mean it can never been done. There is always a first time. So figure crossed waiting to see what happens

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by abbeyty(m): 11:15am On Oct 28, 2016
Even a woman supporting beating another woman up by a man....your husband must have turned you to a punching bag

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by comos: 11:22am On Oct 28, 2016
Unblockable:

Deji of Akure can be sacked , after-all there is no difference between a yoruba Oba and a motor park chairman,

we Edos, hold our tradition, culture and customs to high esteem.

as for oshiomole, his days is already numbered, so the palace should ignore him.

2 Likes

Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by NL1960: 11:53am On Oct 28, 2016
limeta:

oshiomole does not sound yoruba and it is not a yoruba name. oshiomole can be broken into 'oshio' and 'mole'. 'oshio' is a popular prefix in Etsako names. It is like how the igbos prefix 'chukwu' or the yorubas prefix 'oluwa' to their names. oshiomole means 'it is God that owns today'.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by KINGinVAHALA: 12:10pm On Oct 28, 2016
limeta:

Hell pit
He is cursed already. just watch his life from now on
Please I need to ask, who cursed oshiomole?

Seems you aren't aware that Aslem Aidenojie, the Ojuromi of Uromi isn't only a woman beater but also a sponsorer whose job is to dress young girls as his wives and ship them abroad for prostitution, or you wanna tell me you aren't aware of this? And you can't say you love Aslem more than oshiomole do because his cousin, Joe Okojie is a commissioner under this same oshiomole.

And before you start trying to spill trash at me, kindly read my signature, I am more Esan and Uromi than you, I sleep, wake, eat, dream and bleed Esan and Uromi.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by chinjo(m): 12:16pm On Oct 28, 2016
Unblockable:

Does Esan land look like Yoruba land where their obas are ready to give up their thrones for a bowl of Amala?

2 Likes

Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by KINGinVAHALA: 12:18pm On Oct 28, 2016
oshiosense:
These Esan people set!
Wetin my Esan girls do you?
Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by Artistree: 12:31pm On Oct 28, 2016
Kinginvahala, pardon my curiousity.

1 Like

Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by limeta(f): 1:10pm On Oct 28, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

Seems you aren't aware that Aslem Aidenojie, the Ojuromi of Uromi isn't only a woman beater but also a sponsorer whose job is to dress young girls as his wives and ship them abroad for prostitution, or you wanna tell me you aren't aware of this? And you can't say you love Aslem more than oshiomole do because his cousin, Joe Okojie is a commissioner under this same oshiomole.

And before you start trying to spill trash at me, kindly read my signature, I am more Esan and Uromi than you, I sleep, wake, eat, dream and bleed Esan and Uromi.

I can tell you APC you can never in yr life be more esan than i am ,sorry
just i wont tell you who i am.
Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by orimsam: 1:16pm On Oct 28, 2016
comos:

Deji of Akure can be sacked , after-all there is no difference between a yoruba Oba and a motor park chairman,

we Edos, hold our tradition, culture and customs to high esteem.

as for oshiomole, his days is already numbered, so the palace should ignore him.
even if ur King go about beating married women

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by limeta(f): 1:17pm On Oct 28, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

The Joe okojie you talk about is my family member
Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by orimsam: 1:23pm On Oct 28, 2016
chinjo:

Does Esan land look like Yoruba land where their obas are ready to give up their thrones for a bowl of Amala?
seriously, who are dis people with uncivilized mindset. Is the king above the law.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by Unblockable: 1:33pm On Oct 28, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

This' what most of them don't know. Because I said the Deji of Akure was once dethroned from his seat, they claimed Yoruba monarchs ain't different from motor park touts, thinking I'm Yoruba. I'm a full born Edo indigene!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by Unblockable: 1:34pm On Oct 28, 2016
limeta:

I can tell you APC you can never in yr life be more esan than i am ,sorry just i wont tell you who i am.
I know what you're made of now. So dumb! Trynna politicize this thread as usual.

3 Likes

Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 28, 2016
Oshiomole is taking his political clout tooo far.

Him that the gods want to punish, they must first make mad.
Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 28, 2016
limeta:

Long live zaki

Sharraaaap there. If your 3rd class chief does not behave, he will be picked up and another person will take the throne. Nothing will happen.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC, Buhari Can't Blackmail Nigeria - PDP Insists / . / Governor Hope Uzodinma Revalidates His APC Membership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.