Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,774 members, 7,831,488 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo (6604 Views)

Ex-governor Adams Oshiomole Is Fast Loosing His Political Relevance? / N200 Million Home: Nigerians Say Oshiomole Is Come-raid Not Comrade / Oshiomole Is A Disgrace And Curse To Edo People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 28, 2016
1stCitizen:

Sharraaaap there. If your 3rd class chief does not behave, he will be picked up and another person will take the throne. Nothing will happen.
Baba calm down... The Onojie was wrong, no doubt. That's not d quality of a good Leader at all. But 4 another person to take the throne while he is still alive is what can NEVER happen... It Cannot.. Guard your tongue
Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by limeta(f): 4:01pm On Oct 28, 2016
1stCitizen:

Sharraaaap there. If your 3rd class chief does not behave, he will be picked up and another person will take the throne. Nothing will happen.

Abeg go yr way

1 Like

Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by donsteady(m): 4:09pm On Oct 28, 2016
chinjo:
FROM THE UROMI VOICE ADMIN DESK
ON THE PURPORTED SUSPENSION OF OUR REVERED KING
==================================================
We received with horror the abominable news that our exalted Onojie, HRM Anslem Eidenojie II the Ojuromi of Uromi was purported to have been suspended by the Executive Committee of the Edo State Government led by Comrade Adam Oshiomhole, the outgoing Governor of Edo State. Oshiomhole was said to have invoked Section 28(1) of Traditional Rulers and Chiefs Law (1979) and all other Laws to order the suspension of Zaki from office as the Onojie of Uromi for a period of seven (7) days from the 26th of October 2016 to the 1st of November, 2016.

It is the greatest faux pas ever committed by anyone who calls himself the governor of Edo state. As an Edo man, he should have known that an Onojie is born and never made.

It is true that the Nigerian Constitution incorporated this power inSection 28(1) of Traditional Rulers and Chiefs Law (1979) from the British Colonialists into our legal system. It is also true that the British introduced into our legal system the ability of the State or Federal Government, by whatever name called, to suspend or depose a monarch in order to make inferior or subservient the natural leadership of the people of the various kingdoms or Ethnic groups that constitute Nigeria and to legitimise their empire. It worked well with the Yoruba (because of their method of succession), the Hausa (the Fulani were basically usurpers and thus could be removed and replaced), the Ibo, Idoma, Tiv, Berom etc (their traditional rulers were created by the British) but never worked with the Benin or the Esan. It is not about to work now.

In fact, and indeed, the British, as a result of the resistance of the Oba Ovonramwen and Okolo nojie and later, his successor Ogbidi nojie, to the incursion of the imperialists into their domains, decided to do away with the monarchy as it was practised in Benin and Uromi. They tried to create a new dynasty different from the bloodlines of Obas of Benin, and the Onojies of Uromi. They failed spectacularly.

In Benin, an attempt was made to make Chief Agho Obaseki the putative head of the Kingdom, which was rejected by the Chiefs and the People with the explanation to the British that an Oba is never made but born. Not done, they moved to crown Prince Aiguobasinwin Ovonramwen (who later became Oba Eweka II) the Oba while his father was still alive. He refused. History has it that he preferred to die than to take the throne of his father while he was still alive.

In Uromi, while Ogbidi Nojie was shipped to exile first in Calabar and later Ibadan, several attempts were made to replace him, and it didn’t succeed for the same reason. For an Onojie is never made but born. As a corollary, an Edaiken can never succeed his father while he is yet alive.

The British left this odious law in our books. The first time it was used in the immediate aftermath of our independence was when the Northern Regional Government of Sir Ahmadu Bello used it to depose Alhaji Muhammadu Sanusi, late Emir of Kano, the Grandfather of the present Emir. Since then, other governments whether in the North East, North West, North Central, South East, South West, and South-South have invoked this law to either suspend or remove a monarch but the Governments of first, the Western Region of Nigerian, Second, the Midwestern Region, third, Bendel State and Fourth, Edo state knew well enough not to mess with the traditional institutions of Edo or to make any tokenistic and largely ineffectual claim of attempting to depose an Oba or an Onojie of Uromi such as Oshiomhole has done. This is because it knows the validity of these God made Kings does not rise up from the formalistic instruments of state but rather from the people themselves. It knew very well that the people will never agree to pay obeisance to anyone but to the one who they regard as the father of all.

Oshiomhole, without any introspection or a sense of self, decided to cite this law to bring the entirety of the Uromi people into ridicule. Unfortunately, that law is not even worth the paper it is written on as far as the Kingship of Uromi is concerned. It can't be used to bring the father of Uromi, the King from God, our Zaki, into ridicule. It would do nothing but bring Oshiomhole into ridicule himself. For we the people of Uromi has seen this movie played out before from a force more powerful than Oshiomhole, it failed.

Oshiomhole is doomed to failure in this course he has taken. The Onojie does not need the Edo State Government to survive or for the reverence with which the people of Uromi holds him.

We, therefore, demand Oshiomhole retract this abominable letter and offer an unreserved apology to our father. He must take his filthy hands off our Kingship.

Signed by the Uromi Voice Admins
So
afer 8 years, is now u figuring out he is not an Edo man. I think you are abusing your stupidity. If am wrong plz padone my ignorance.

3 Likes

Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 28, 2016
fighal:
Baba calm down... The Onojie was wrong, no doubt. That's not d quality of a good Leader at all. But 4 another person to take the throne while he is still alive is what can NEVER happen... It Cannot.. Guard your tongue

Guy. Bone! If he is locked up and the keys thrown away another person will take the throne. Is it not Naija again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by KINGinVAHALA: 9:22pm On Oct 28, 2016
@artistree, No, I am not the same person you asked about but I know sam oboh (former chairman) and Chris ebeara so well, including Joe Okojie, my family does have lineage to both Benin and Uromi palace.
Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by KINGinVAHALA: 9:25pm On Oct 28, 2016
Unblockable:

This' what most of them don't know. Because I said the Deji of Akure was once dethroned from his seat, they claimed Yoruba monarchs ain't different from motor park touts, thinking I'm Yoruba. I'm a full born Edo indigene!
Don't mind them, they think it's every body that would support "our king" even when he does wrong, there are some enlightened people you know and I will never support illegality even if my father is the one involve.

3 Likes

Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by KINGinVAHALA: 9:28pm On Oct 28, 2016
limeta:

I can tell you APC you can never in yr life be more esan than i am ,sorry
just i wont tell you who i am.
Hahahahahahahah, I don't need to know who you are, madam, who I am and what my family stands for as true and proud sons and daughters of Esanland (Uromi) is enough for me and our generation yet unborn. And if you care to know, there is no true Uromi man that doesn't know my father by the mention of his name.
Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by KINGinVAHALA: 9:34pm On Oct 28, 2016
limeta:

The Joe okojie you talk about is my family member
None of my business, okwo!
Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by ImoRiver: 9:50pm On Oct 28, 2016
fighal:

You seem more civilized than the lady. I guess the throne will remain vacant until the Onogie is recalled from suspension. The world has changed a lot and so have many traditions modified to suit our ever metamorphosing world.

2 Likes

Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 28, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

None of my business, okwo!
what is Okwo?... I thought it's Okhwo.. I'm just asking because na so my parents they pronounce am... I no really know much Esan
Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 28, 2016
ImoRiver:

You seem more civilized than the lady. I guess the throne will remain vacant until the Onogie is recalled from suspension. The world has changed a lot and so have many traditions modified to suit our ever metamorphosing world.
True, but that doesn't stop us from resepecting other people's tradition.. before we condem we should first of as why
Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by KINGinVAHALA: 10:13pm On Oct 28, 2016
fighal:
what is Okwo?... I thought it's Okhwo.. I'm just asking because na so my parents they pronounce am... I no really know much Esan
Writing in esan and other tribes seems hard to comprehend, mostly when the reader isn't vast in the tribe it's written. Example of this is that I studied bini all through my primary and Upto Jss 3 and such gave me the privilege of being vast in bini written, not all binis who are even good in speaking can correctly pronounce a bini word that I would write in bini. So I literally wrote "Okwo" so that every Esan speaker would understand what I meant but the correct spelling is "Okhwo", same pronunciation and meaning.

1 Like

Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by jpphilips(m): 10:36pm On Oct 28, 2016
chinjo:
FROM THE UROMI VOICE ADMIN DESK
ON THE PURPORTED SUSPENSION OF OUR REVERED KING
==================================================
We received with horror the abominable news that our exalted Onojie, HRM Anslem Eidenojie II the Ojuromi of Uromi was purported to have been suspended by the Executive Committee of the Edo State Government led by Comrade Adam Oshiomhole, the outgoing Governor of Edo State. Oshiomhole was said to have invoked Section 28(1) of Traditional Rulers and Chiefs Law (1979) and all other Laws to order the suspension of Zaki from office as the Onojie of Uromi for a period of seven (7) days from the 26th of October 2016 to the 1st of November, 2016.

It is the greatest faux pas ever committed by anyone who calls himself the governor of Edo state. As an Edo man, he should have known that an Onojie is born and never made.

It is true that the Nigerian Constitution incorporated this power inSection 28(1) of Traditional Rulers and Chiefs Law (1979) from the British Colonialists into our legal system. It is also true that the British introduced into our legal system the ability of the State or Federal Government, by whatever name called, to suspend or depose a monarch in order to make inferior or subservient the natural leadership of the people of the various kingdoms or Ethnic groups that constitute Nigeria and to legitimise their empire. It worked well with the Yoruba (because of their method of succession), the Hausa (the Fulani were basically usurpers and thus could be removed and replaced), the Ibo, Idoma, Tiv, Berom etc (their traditional rulers were created by the British) but never worked with the Benin or the Esan. It is not about to work now.

In fact, and indeed, the British, as a result of the resistance of the Oba Ovonramwen and Okolo nojie and later, his successor Ogbidi nojie, to the incursion of the imperialists into their domains, decided to do away with the monarchy as it was practised in Benin and Uromi. They tried to create a new dynasty different from the bloodlines of Obas of Benin, and the Onojies of Uromi. They failed spectacularly.

In Benin, an attempt was made to make Chief Agho Obaseki the putative head of the Kingdom, which was rejected by the Chiefs and the People with the explanation to the British that an Oba is never made but born. Not done, they moved to crown Prince Aiguobasinwin Ovonramwen (who later became Oba Eweka II) the Oba while his father was still alive. He refused. History has it that he preferred to die than to take the throne of his father while he was still alive.

In Uromi, while Ogbidi Nojie was shipped to exile first in Calabar and later Ibadan, several attempts were made to replace him, and it didn’t succeed for the same reason. For an Onojie is never made but born. As a corollary, an Edaiken can never succeed his father while he is yet alive.

The British left this odious law in our books. The first time it was used in the immediate aftermath of our independence was when the Northern Regional Government of Sir Ahmadu Bello used it to depose Alhaji Muhammadu Sanusi, late Emir of Kano, the Grandfather of the present Emir. Since then, other governments whether in the North East, North West, North Central, South East, South West, and South-South have invoked this law to either suspend or remove a monarch but the Governments of first, the Western Region of Nigerian, Second, the Midwestern Region, third, Bendel State and Fourth, Edo state knew well enough not to mess with the traditional institutions of Edo or to make any tokenistic and largely ineffectual claim of attempting to depose an Oba or an Onojie of Uromi such as Oshiomhole has done. This is because it knows the validity of these God made Kings does not rise up from the formalistic instruments of state but rather from the people themselves. It knew very well that the people will never agree to pay obeisance to anyone but to the one who they regard as the father of all.

Oshiomhole, without any introspection or a sense of self, decided to cite this law to bring the entirety of the Uromi people into ridicule. Unfortunately, that law is not even worth the paper it is written on as far as the Kingship of Uromi is concerned. It can't be used to bring the father of Uromi, the King from God, our Zaki, into ridicule. It would do nothing but bring Oshiomhole into ridicule himself. For we the people of Uromi has seen this movie played out before from a force more powerful than Oshiomhole, it failed.

Oshiomhole is doomed to failure in this course he has taken. The Onojie does not need the Edo State Government to survive or for the reverence with which the people of Uromi holds him.

We, therefore, demand Oshiomhole retract this abominable letter and offer an unreserved apology to our father. He must take his filthy hands off our Kingship.

Signed by the Uromi Voice Admins

Mr illiterate Nigerian constitution torpedoes any other traditional law as far as the Republic is concerned.

1 Like

Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by mulattoclaroo(m): 10:41pm On Oct 28, 2016
Osho Baba is not an Edo man but a fulani man. This has to be the biggest joke I've ever heard in 2016.

1 Like

Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by martineinstein(m): 11:06pm On Oct 28, 2016
oshiosense:
These Esan people set!
no mind dem...dem dey suffer ffrom election hangover

1 Like

Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by limeta(f): 7:10am On Oct 29, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

Hahahahahahahah, I don't need to know who you are, madam, who I am and what my family stands for as true and proud sons and daughters of Esanland (Uromi) is enough for me and our generation yet unborn. And if you care to know, there is no true Uromi man that doesn't know my father by the mention of his name.

So i pray you and yr family stay blessed
Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by KINGinVAHALA: 8:47am On Oct 29, 2016
limeta:

So i pray you and yr family stay blessed
Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by Nobody: 6:21pm On Nov 06, 2016
fighal:

Hope you just heard about the fresh punishment given to your 3rd class King.
Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by Nobody: 10:38pm On Nov 06, 2016
1stCitizen:

ar u high? why qouting me?... This has been over 2 weeks
Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by NL1960: 8:58am On Nov 07, 2016
1stCitizen:

Do not mind them. Where are those that were making noise here that something will happen to Adams after some days. Now it is their king that something has happened to after some days. Whom the gods want to disgrace, they first make mad. The so-called king think we are still in the 10th century where a so-called king will just beat up a woman thinking nothing will happen. When a king descend so low as to the level of an agbero to start beating up a woman, then that king has desecrated the throne and stool and has lost respect.

1 Like

Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 07, 2016
fighal:
ar u high? why qouting me?... This has been over 2 weeks

Yeh! 2 weeks ago you ran your mouth like a faulty tap. 2 weeks ago your 3rd class chief fvcked up. 2 weeks ago he was punished. Today again his punishment was increased by the state government.

What does that tell you. That even after 2 weeks he can still be punished and that you can still be bashed for running your mouth.
Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 07, 2016
1stCitizen:

Yeh! 2 weeks ago you ran your mouth like a faulty tap. 2 weeks ago your 3rd class chief fvcked up. 2 weeks ago he was punished. Today again his punishment was increased by the state government.

What does that tell you. That even after 2 weeks he can still be punished and that you can still be bashed for running your mouth.
So that's your problem in life... You are a fool... where did I run my mouth?
did u read my comments at all?...
Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 07, 2016
fighal:
So that's your problem in life... You are a fool... where did I run my mouth?
did u read my comments at all?...

The goat has developed amnesia. grin
Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by Omololu007(m): 12:11am On Nov 08, 2016
1stCitizen:

The goat has developed amnesia. grin
the person typing nonsense was limeta
Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by limeta(f): 10:40am On Nov 08, 2016
Omololu007:
the person typing nonsense was limeta

hmmmmmmm
Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by NL1960: 11:21am On Nov 08, 2016
limeta:

Hell pit
He is cursed already. just watch his life from now on

limeta:

hmmmmmmm

Madam, how far with the bold?. How long more do we still have to wait?. You need to give us the date and time that we will start seeing the effect of the curse on his life now.
Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by limeta(f): 2:56pm On Nov 08, 2016
NL1960:

Madam, how far with the bold?. How long more do we still have to wait?. You need to give us the date and time that we will start seeing the effect of the curse on his life now.

Started yesterday
You saw him with bubu dat can,t be good
Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by NL1960: 3:10pm On Nov 08, 2016
limeta:

Started yesterday
You saw him with bubu dat can,t be good

cheesy

But bubu said that he has talents that will be wasted if he retires and so he is needed in Abuja. Is bubu wanting him to make him the new Mr. Fix It since he successfully fixed your brother.
Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by limeta(f): 3:16pm On Nov 08, 2016
NL1960:

cheesy

But bubu said that he has talents that will be wasted if he retires and so he is needed in Abuja. Is bubu wanting him to make him the new Mr. Fix It since he successfully fixed your brother.

Taken him closer to boko boys
that,s not a good thing
Iwill not be seen with bubu
Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by TimeManager(m): 3:22pm On Nov 08, 2016
limeta:

Hell pit
He is cursed already. just watch his life from now on
madam kostrouble, madam crybaby, e don do. You sabi throw stone but would run to the mods for cover.
Kiss the truth!
Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by limeta(f): 3:26pm On Nov 08, 2016
TimeManager:
madam kostrouble, madam crybaby, e don do. You sabi throw stone but would run to the mods for cover.
Kiss the truth!

You still about?
Re: Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo by TimeManager(m): 4:35pm On Nov 08, 2016
limeta:

You still about?
NO!.past that... Just tryna tell you if you could insult oshiomole that much, then expect such in an equal measure.
Kiss the truth!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019 Elections Will Define The Future Of Nigeria Says US Ambassador To Nigeria / BREAKING !!! The Deadly Coronavirus Is Caused By 5G Networks – Keri Hilson / Throwback Picture Of Arthur Eze Giving Governor Obiano One Million Dollars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.