Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,859 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

I'll Believe In Evolution Theory Only If Someone Can Explain This To Me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'll Believe In Evolution Theory Only If Someone Can Explain This To Me (2448 Views)

I Don't Believe In Evolution. I Believe Humans Were Genetically Engineered. / Part Of Evolution Theory That Got Me Really Confused....can There Be An Answer? / Both Belief In God And Belief In Evolution Are Based On Faith--watchtower (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'll Believe In Evolution Theory Only If Someone Can Explain This To Me by mohemos: 9:25am On Oct 28, 2016

Re: I'll Believe In Evolution Theory Only If Someone Can Explain This To Me by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 28, 2016
Waiting for the atheist
Re: I'll Believe In Evolution Theory Only If Someone Can Explain This To Me by zzzzy: 9:35am On Oct 28, 2016
So true, waiting for theories
Re: I'll Believe In Evolution Theory Only If Someone Can Explain This To Me by JBUZZ: 9:38am On Oct 28, 2016
Good question!
Re: I'll Believe In Evolution Theory Only If Someone Can Explain This To Me by hopefulLandlord: 9:42am On Oct 28, 2016
Lennycool, ValentineMary et al
food don land o!

1 Like

Re: I'll Believe In Evolution Theory Only If Someone Can Explain This To Me by ghettowriter(m): 9:45am On Oct 28, 2016
CHECK-MATE ATHEIST!!

1 Like

Re: I'll Believe In Evolution Theory Only If Someone Can Explain This To Me by hopefulLandlord: 9:49am On Oct 28, 2016
ghettowriter:
CHECK-MATE ATHEIST!!

don't be too excited yet, I'm sure they've trashed this at length many times over

2 Likes

Re: I'll Believe In Evolution Theory Only If Someone Can Explain This To Me by Deicide: 9:49am On Oct 28, 2016
You don't Believe In Evolution You either Understand it Or You Don't

4 Likes

Re: I'll Believe In Evolution Theory Only If Someone Can Explain This To Me by ghettowriter(m): 9:54am On Oct 28, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

don't be too excited yet, I'm sure they've trashed this at length many times over

Honestly, I would love to see one of em come forth and give this a try..
Re: I'll Believe In Evolution Theory Only If Someone Can Explain This To Me by ojun50(m): 10:04am On Oct 28, 2016
I don't really belive in dis
Re: I'll Believe In Evolution Theory Only If Someone Can Explain This To Me by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 28, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
Lennycool, ValentineMary et al

food don land o!
grin grin grin no be small choppings.
The others are all dead, because we outsmarted them and conquered all the resources, which is what natural selection is all about. We evolved from them and became better than them hence we outlived them. The modern day chimp is not the beginning of human evolution that picture is misleading as intended. We share a common ancestor with the chimps. Imagine the human ancestors were a family, we and the chimps would be brothers. The same ancestors.

3 Likes

Re: I'll Believe In Evolution Theory Only If Someone Can Explain This To Me by Tallesty1(m): 10:07am On Oct 28, 2016
God knows I don't buy this evolution poo. I didn't believe it the first time I heard it, I don't now and I probably never will because certain things don't just click.

First, Apes and humans may have striking resemblance but they are very different genetically. The human Y chromosome has twice as many genes as the chimpanzee Y chromosome and the chromosome structures are not at all similar.”

Almost everything they dig up that is supposedly more than 250,000 years old still have radiocarbon in it.

The entire theory of evolution is based on blind faith, someone told me here just yesterday that it will take millions of years to notice the evolution that's currently taking place and I ask, If it's truly happening right now, then how comes there's no creature out there with partially developed features and organs?

How come we have not discovered millions upon millions of transitional fossils that show the development of one species into another species.

And it's even funnier that those who do not believe in God because they can neither, see, hear or feel him accept the theory of evolution.

1) DNA is not merely a molecule with a pattern; it is a code, a language, and an information storage mechanism.

2) All codes are created by a conscious mind; there is no natural process known to science that creates coded information.

3) Therefore DNA was designed by a mind.

If you can provide an empirical example of a code or language that occurs naturally, you’ve toppled my proof. All you need is one
Perry Marshall
Re: I'll Believe In Evolution Theory Only If Someone Can Explain This To Me by UyiIredia(m): 10:09am On Oct 28, 2016
Actually the ape ancestors of humans are extinct so your question is quite inaccurate.

2 Likes

Re: I'll Believe In Evolution Theory Only If Someone Can Explain This To Me by taurus25(m): 10:17am On Oct 28, 2016
First off, humans didn't evolve from monkeys. We evolved alongside monkeys, from a common ancestor who has been extinct for a hundred million years. Think of monkeys as our evolutionary cousins, rather than our evolutionary grandparents.

Fossils for in between species of hominoids from the great apes(our common ancestors)
to our specie are very common.

Evolution does not necessarily have a "goal" or occur in a straight direction as you might think, evolution makes the best adapted specie for the environment that it can.

To some extent, ALL species are intermediate species. Any species that is found is simply the intermediary between one previous species and one species that it will develop into in the future.

3 Likes

Re: I'll Believe In Evolution Theory Only If Someone Can Explain This To Me by osesology(m): 10:21am On Oct 28, 2016
UyiIredia:
Actually the ape ancestors of humans are extinct so your question is quite inaccurate.
So what u are saying basically is that the apes that are supposedly the ancestors of humans and the apes we have presently are not the same? Can u pls enlighten me more on how you know this as a fact?
Re: I'll Believe In Evolution Theory Only If Someone Can Explain This To Me by shadeyinka(m): 10:49am On Oct 28, 2016
taurus25:
First off, humans didn't evolve from monkeys. We evolved alongside monkeys, from a common ancestor who has been extinct for a hundred million years. Think of monkeys as our evolutionary cousins, rather than our evolutionary grandparents.

Fossils for in between species of hominoids from the great apes(our common ancestors)
to our specie are very common.

Evolution does not necessarily have a "goal" or occur in a straight direction as you might think, evolution makes the best adapted specie for the environment that it can.

To some extent, ALL species are intermediate species. Any species that is found is simply the intermediary between one previous species and one species that it will develop into in the future.

Let's agree with your paragraph 1 for the sake of a healthy discussion. "We come from an extinct family of apes !"

If that is true, note that we share so many similarities with apes which according to the theory of evolution are necessary for the perpetiation of evolution towards the higher being

Examples: Bifocal Eyesight, Opposing thumbs, Bipedal Movement, Ability to use tools, Vocal Range

How come the Apes and the Monkeys SUDDENLY stopped evolving. How come they were fixed in the past.

Actually, evolution must result into several variant of the same species related but not able to interbreed. Webmust necessarily have several variants from thebsame parent stock.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'll Believe In Evolution Theory Only If Someone Can Explain This To Me by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 28, 2016
Tallesty1:
God knows I don't buy this evolution poo. I didn't believe it the first time I heard it, I don't now and I probably never will because certain things don't just click.

First, Apes and humans may have striking resemblance but they are very different genetically. The human Y chromosome has twice as many genes as the chimpanzee Y chromosome and the chromosome structures are not at all similar.”

Almost everything they dig up that is supposedly more than 250,000 years old still have radiocarbon in it.

The entire theory of evolution is based on blind faith, someone told me here just yesterday that it will take millions of years to notice the evolution that's currently taking place and I ask, If it's truly happening right now, then how comes there's no creature out there with partially developed features and organs?

How come we have not discovered millions upon millions of transitional fossils that show the development of one species into another species.

And it's even funnier that those who do not believe in God because they can neither, see, hear or feel him accept the theory of evolution.

Perry Marshall
You keep saying you don't buy that poo like you're smarter than the scientist that do. Every branch of science has proven evolution is real. You must be pretty arrogant to believe they are all wrong and your views are right

2 Likes

Re: I'll Believe In Evolution Theory Only If Someone Can Explain This To Me by taurus25(m): 11:12am On Oct 28, 2016
shadeyinka:

Let's agree with your paragraph 1 for the sake of a healthy discussion. "We come from an extinct family of apes !"

ok

If that is true, note that we share so many similarities with apes which according to the theory of evolution are necessary for the perpetiation of evolution towards the higher being

No. Evolution doesnt aim towards a higher being, but rather a better adapted specie to its environment.

How come the Apes and the Monkeys SUDDENLY stopped evolving. How come they were fixed in the past.

Totally false, they have not stopped evolving. Your misconception is that apes are primitive ancestors, or primitive apes. They aren't. They are the most advanced apes ever to have evolved.

Similarly, humans alive today are the most advanced humans to have ever evolved.

Evolution is an ongoing process of trial and error, of which all modern primates are still a part.

Actually, evolution must result into several variant of the same species related but not able to interbreed. Webmust necessarily have several variants from thebsame parent stock.

You are explaining evolution here.

2 Likes

Re: I'll Believe In Evolution Theory Only If Someone Can Explain This To Me by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 28, 2016
shadeyinka:

Examples: Bifocal Eyesight, Opposing thumbs, Bipedal Movement, Ability to use tools, Vocal Range

Correction humans are apes by definition. An ape is not an animal but a classification of primates with no tails, humans fall under this category. People confuse apes with gorillas.
The other apes will not become human(like us e.g without much body hair, larger brains) as evolution might have other plans for them. We are a product of mutations, luck and probability. Evolution is not exact science.
So gorillas even if they evolve will not become humans. They will rather become something else, and you can't see it because it takes a long time to happen. It took humans close 7 million years of evolution to get to this point, evolution is a long process.
Re: I'll Believe In Evolution Theory Only If Someone Can Explain This To Me by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 28, 2016
The funniest part of the ignorance exhibited on this thread is the meme plus christians who assumes it true.

It's appalling to know you trying to disprove what you don't even understand.
Man never evolve from Ape rather Man and Ape has a common ancestor.

Now, the evolution process is the reason why primitive and cave men died out and the only reason modern man (Homosapien) survived was because of language.

CHRISTIANS READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm screaming it loud, READ, because Ignorance is cure for nothing.

2 Likes

Re: I'll Believe In Evolution Theory Only If Someone Can Explain This To Me by GRIMMJOE(m): 11:37am On Oct 28, 2016
mohemos:
They Simply died out,I.e became extinct, just like,some plants and animal already have
Re: I'll Believe In Evolution Theory Only If Someone Can Explain This To Me by Tallesty1(m): 11:50am On Oct 28, 2016
Lennycool:

You keep saying you don't buy that poo like you're smarter than the scientist that do. Every branch of science has proven evolution is real. You must be pretty arrogant to believe they are all wrong and your views are right
This is pretty dumb bro. I am not arrogant and I haven't in anyway claimed to know better.

If you really expect me to accept the theory because many scientists do then I think you shouldn't be quoting me in the first place. It's just like telling atheist to believe in God because all religionists do.

I stated things that make me doubt it, provide the explanation or stay calm.

And for your info, it's not every scientist that agree in evolution theory but the problem is that you folks automatically conclude that such scientists aren't real scientists.

Something Like This.

You: All scientists accept evolution.

Me: But scientist Eze doesn't believe in evolution.

You: Well, he is not a real scientist.

Same way Christian belief that only Fools say there's no God so you ain't any better.

1) DNA is not merely a molecule with a pattern; it is a code, a language, and an information storage mechanism.

2) All codes are created by a conscious mind; there is no natural process known to science that creates coded information.

3) Therefore DNA was designed by a mind.

If you can provide an empirical example of a code or language that occurs naturally, you’ve toppled my proof. All you need is one

Explain this to Perry Marshall and he will willing join the evolution crew.
Re: I'll Believe In Evolution Theory Only If Someone Can Explain This To Me by Niflheim(m): 11:58am On Oct 28, 2016
@OP, did you join this forum yesterday?

I cannot count the number of times that image has been identified as "Erroneous buffoonery"!!! The image you posted is wrong!!! It is rubbish!!! It does not even represent Evolution, and you are now asking us to explain it?

1.Evolution is not a linear process.

2.Your fake image is implying that humans are descendants of apes(which is dung)!!!

3.Your image is trying to imply that worms do not exist and living matter does not decay after many years!!!

4.Your image is a sign of "functional illiteracy"!!! So you believe that if there are a million people in the City of Coconut heads, that there were also a million people there thousands of years ago?!!! Doesn't population gradually increase as time moves forward?!!! So when time moves back, won't the population be getting smaller and smaller?!!! Yet you are still looking for millions of bones?!!! CHAI!!! YOUR MATHEMATICS BE LIKE CHINESE COCKROACH WEY DEY SWIM INSIDE GLASS OF ORIGIN BITTERS!!!

1 Like

Re: I'll Believe In Evolution Theory Only If Someone Can Explain This To Me by felixomor1: 12:12pm On Oct 28, 2016
Dear Op,

Dont worry, none can explain at all.

Why?,
no single scientist has ever been able to demonstrate an animal adding DNA to its DNA to become a higher animal

It has never and it will never happen.

DNA has about 3 Billion characters in its code.
If really humans were evolving, do the math, by now our DNA would have added some characters between the time the first DNA was sequenced and now.

But human dna has remained same and chimps have remained same.

Just ignore the fraudsters.
Evolution requires more faith to believe than any other thing.

1 Like

Re: I'll Believe In Evolution Theory Only If Someone Can Explain This To Me by mohemos: 12:17pm On Oct 28, 2016
Lennycool:

grin grin grin no be small choppings.
The others are all dead, because we outsmarted them and conquered all the resources, which is what natural selection is all about. We evolved from them and became better than them hence we outlived them. The modern day chimp is not the beginning of human evolution that picture is misleading as intended. We share a common ancestor with the chimps. Imagine the human ancestors were a family, we and the chimps would be brothers. The same ancestors.

How come the chimps were not outsmarted ?
Re: I'll Believe In Evolution Theory Only If Someone Can Explain This To Me by mohemos: 12:29pm On Oct 28, 2016
Living things look as if they were designed, how did evolutionarist get to know that we were not designed ?

How come animals are in pairs (male and female) if they were not designed ?
I also want to know, which came first, male or female ?

How can we explain Sex and reproduction using evolution ?
Re: I'll Believe In Evolution Theory Only If Someone Can Explain This To Me by shadeyinka(m): 12:44pm On Oct 28, 2016
Lennycool:

Correction humans are apes by definition. An ape is not an animal but a classification of primates with no tails, humans fall under this category. People confuse apes with gorillas.
The other apes will not become human(like us e.g without much body hair, larger brains) as evolution might have other plans for them. We are a product of mutations, luck and probability. Evolution is not exact science.
So gorillas even if they evolve will not become humans. They will rather become something else, and you can't see it because it takes a long time to happen. It took humans close 7 million years of evolution to get to this point, evolution is a long process.

You didn't get the point. Since we a have a common ancestor, there must be several species of humanoids with high intelligence (not necessarily human). Statistics favour that!

We must also necessarily present ancestors of the so called apes just as that for humans was discovered.

Don't you think that from the first ancestor of man, there must exist several "dead ends". Dead ends are evolutionary processes that terminated before one eventually became homo sapien?
Re: I'll Believe In Evolution Theory Only If Someone Can Explain This To Me by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 28, 2016
mohemos:

How come the chimps were not outsmarted ?
We didn't evolve from chimps. We branched out from a common ancestor, the modern day chimps evolved as well to what you see today
Re: I'll Believe In Evolution Theory Only If Someone Can Explain This To Me by shadeyinka(m): 12:55pm On Oct 28, 2016
taurus25:

ok

No. Evolution doesnt aim towards a higher being, but rather a better adapted specie to its environment.

The ancestor ape has the capacity of acquiring tools, social lifestyles and intelligence which is necessary towards better adaptation. Don't you think that we should have several forms of humanoids (not necessarily homo sapiens) in existence?

taurus25:

Totally false, they have not stopped evolving. Your misconception is that apes are primitive ancestors, or primitive apes. They aren't. They are the most advanced apes ever to have evolved.

So, we also need to present evidence of their ancestors to justify evolution. If humans took millions of years to get to the state of homo sapien, it must have taken millions of years for the monkey or gorilla to attain its present state. So, the question is how did their progression in evolution look like?

taurus25:

Similarly, humans alive today are the most advanced humans to have ever evolved.

Evolution is an ongoing process of trial and error, of which all modern primates are still a part.

You are explaining evolution here.

Unfortunately, this is a scientific postulation and guess work with no single proof.
Re: I'll Believe In Evolution Theory Only If Someone Can Explain This To Me by Deicide: 12:58pm On Oct 28, 2016
mohemos:
Living things look as if they were designed, how did evolutionarist get to know that we were not designed ?

How come animals are in pairs (male and female) if they were not designed ?
I also want to know, which came first, male or female ?

How can we explain Sex and reproduction using evolution ?
Did you do Basic Biology In secondary school??
Re: I'll Believe In Evolution Theory Only If Someone Can Explain This To Me by raphieMontella: 1:24pm On Oct 28, 2016
Tallesty1:

speciation has been observed...
So i dont get your point..

fossilization is not ABC
and i dont know the kind of transitional fossils you need

Perry Marshall
perry marshall's rubbish has been thrashed out bro!
Re: I'll Believe In Evolution Theory Only If Someone Can Explain This To Me by raphieMontella: 1:26pm On Oct 28, 2016
shadeyinka:

bro..apes we have today are MODERN

(1) (2) (Reply)

End Of The Year Prayer Point. / Better To Have Sex With A Woman Than A Sex Doll / How Atheist See The Future Vs How Christians See It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.