Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,423 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

Nigerians And Their Respective Way Of Thinking - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerians And Their Respective Way Of Thinking (20199 Views)

3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts / Checkout Nigerian Police Ranks And Their Respective Salary / Breaking: (photos) Nigerians And Other Blacks Being Killed Painfully In Libya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians And Their Respective Way Of Thinking by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 29, 2016
Every fat Hausa man is ALHAJI and thin Hausa man is an 'a-b-o-k-i'

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Their Respective Way Of Thinking by bigtalla(m): 8:29am On Oct 29, 2016
- Every igbo man can turn N1 to N1million
- All Akwaibom girls are good in bed
- Any man that locks his phone (and the wife doesn't know the pin) is cheating
- Ladies with some facial hairs are brutal

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Their Respective Way Of Thinking by Lovexme(m): 9:03am On Oct 29, 2016
Anyone from Esan (Ishan) is diabolical.
All Edo people are witches and wizards.
Re: Nigerians And Their Respective Way Of Thinking by kharyode(m): 9:46am On Oct 29, 2016
Anyone that sweat in the nose is very wicked. L0l nigeria
Re: Nigerians And Their Respective Way Of Thinking by tete7000(m): 12:18pm On Oct 29, 2016
holamiday:
Of course it isn't. If we say gambling is a sin, why do we think purchasing shares in a company isn't?

Well I think there is a difference between a share and gambling. In share, you are investing in a productive venture. You are contributing to a capital to be invested in some that is expected to yield profits. Note my use of word 'expected'. If there is profit, you get a dividend - a gain, which is a percentage of the capital you contributed. If there is a loss, you get nothing. The business allows you a say in the running of the company via your attendance and contribution at annual general meeting. You are a share holder in a registered company and the company has a name. If you so desires, you can sell your share and recoup your investment. When you die, your family can lay claim to what you invested in share. Investing in a share is not an everyday thing and you can't be an addict of shares.

In case of gambling, it is not so. From the perspective of a gambler, he is not part of any business. He just invests in a game of number or luck. He predicts an outcome of a future event which he has no control over. He has not really invested in anything productive. If he is lucky, which often he is not he wins, else he loses his money. He thereafter is encouraged to try again and the cycle continues until he becomes addicted to it. Unlike share a gambler cannot recoup what he invested or transfer it to another person if he so desires or if he dies. Gambling is purely a blind game. It is about man playing God trying to predict the outcome of a future events and then make money from his prediction without doing anything productive. It encourages both mental and physical laziness.
Re: Nigerians And Their Respective Way Of Thinking by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 29, 2016
tete7000:

Well I think there is a difference between a share and gambling. In share, you are investing in a productive venture. You are contributing to a capital to be invested in some that is expected to yield profits. Note my use of word 'expected'. If there is profit, you get a dividend - a gain, which is a percentage of the capital you contributed. If there is a loss, you get nothing. The business allows you a say in the running of the company via your attendance and contribution at annual general meeting. You are a share holder in a registered company and the company has a name. If you so desires, you can sell your share and recoup your investment. When you die, your family can lay claim to what you invested in share. Investing in a share is not an everyday thing and you can't be an addict of shares.

In case of gambling, it is not so. From the perspective of a gambler, he is not part of any business. He just invests in a game of number or luck. He predicts an outcome of a future event which he has no control over. He has not really invested in anything productive. If he is lucky, which often he is not he wins, else he loses his money. He thereafter is encouraged to try again and the cycle continues until he becomes addicted to it. Unlike share a gambler cannot recoup what he invested or transfer it to another person if he so desires or if he dies. Gambling is purely a blind game. It is about man playing God trying to predict the outcome of a future events and then make money from his prediction without doing anything productive. It encourages both mental and physical laziness.
You're largely correct sir, but there are some points you made i'll like to debunk.
1. Trust me, there's no harder mental work than gambling. Buying shares is actually the one that encourages mental laziness. If you doubt that, visit a bet9ja outlet and observe. Those boys do a lot of thinking and calculations.

2. Like you also agreed, both are based on chance. If this happens, you gain. If otherwise, you lose. Therefore, buying shares is also playing God, trying to predict the outcome of the future. It's still the same thing.

3. You said gambling is sitting down doing nothing productive- and I'd say that's too vapid. When you buy shares in a company, do you become part of their work force? Don't you just sit and watch just like in gambling? I could own a business and still gamble. There are very hardworking people who gamble and there are very lazy people who purchase any bonds announced. I could also be totally unproductive and still choose not to gamble. Neither of them has anything to do with productivity.
Re: Nigerians And Their Respective Way Of Thinking by peacesamuel94(m): 10:11am On Jan 15, 2017
There are only two parties in Nigeria PDP and APC.
Re: Nigerians And Their Respective Way Of Thinking by LilTyRoNe: 8:56am On Jan 16, 2017
Dongreat:
All Nigerians abroad (UK, USA, Canada, etc) are rich

All Nigeria ladies going to Dubai is a runs girl

All Nigeria ladies with an anklet or double piecing is a lesbian

All Nigeria musicians are wealthy

All Nigeria fair ladies are body bleachers

Anyone wearing glasses in Nigeria are smart and very intelligent

All Hausa men are illiterate and easy to deceive

All Yorubas are very dirty and unkempt

All Ibos love money and will do anything for it

All Nigerian ladies in Italy are prostitutes

Everybody in Warri nah jaguda and wayward

Any Nigerian using an iPhone is a fraudster

And most awkwardly, All Nairalanders believe lalasticlala is a robot, Mndy44 is a tyrant and Seun is a Billionaire.

GBAM

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Bitter Exprience With Nipost / Nathaniel Bassey Shares His Relationship Experience (so Educative) / Post Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Posts)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.