Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,110 members, 7,825,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

10 Things That Makes Islamic Offering/tithe System (zakat) Unique - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Things That Makes Islamic Offering/tithe System (zakat) Unique (1126 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed / Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things That Makes Islamic Offering/tithe System (zakat) Unique by seunH: 8:02pm On Oct 28, 2016
1) In Islam, tithe is strictly for the poor
2) In Islam, tithe is forbidden for the Imam/Alfa/Sheikh (hence they are usually encouraged to get a job in addition to their religious duties)
3) In Islam, poor people are prohibited from giving tithe
4) In Islam, debtors are prohibited from giving tithe
5) In Islam, dependent people e.g. children, dependent old people etc are prohibited from giving tithe
6) In Islam, building a mosque from tithe is forbidden
7) In Islam, tithe constitute a negligible 2.5% of your yearly income, hence very easy to give without stress
cool In Islam, money from an illegitimate or haram source (e.g breweries) is prohibited from been used as tithe
9) In Islam, tithe is first given to any poor person from your family, if there are none then extended family, if none then 10 windows left and if none then 10 windows right
10) If at all tithe is given to the Imam, the purpose is meant for onward distribution to the poor within the vicinity whom the Imam is likely to be familiar with since he leads prayer for the vicinity 5 times a day......!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things That Makes Islamic Offering/tithe System (zakat) Unique by Byko899(m): 9:58pm On Oct 28, 2016
I am a christian and am from south east, but to be honest with you I love this religion, the honesty and respect the worshiper have for it is unique, but I can't understand why it is more easy for a Muslim to kill than any other religion, and number 2,they pretend too much,they pose so much law on female child but will still go at the back to defile her even at a very young age

1 Like

Re: 10 Things That Makes Islamic Offering/tithe System (zakat) Unique by Zeinymira(f): 10:14pm On Oct 28, 2016
Byko899:
I am a christian and am from south east, but to be honest with you I love this religion, the honesty and respect the worshiper have for it is unique, but I can't understand why it is more easy for a Muslim to kill than any other religion, and number 2,they pretend too much,they pose so much law on female child but will still go at the back to defile her even at a very young age

Sir, the op is talking about tithe in Islam, its uniqueness e.t.c, let's stick to that. Whatever "some" Muslims do is out of their heart desire and not what Allah says.
Re: 10 Things That Makes Islamic Offering/tithe System (zakat) Unique by EyeHateGod: 5:23am On Oct 29, 2016
Zeinymira:

Sir, the op is talking about tithe in Islam, its uniqueness e.t.c, let's stick to that. Whatever "some" Muslims do is out of their heart desire and not what Allah says.
Common stop lying for Allah
Re: 10 Things That Makes Islamic Offering/tithe System (zakat) Unique by seunH: 9:03am On Oct 29, 2016
Byko899:

Sincerely I understand you perfectly, but remember that if you want to judge a religion, you should judge based on what the religion says or commands (constitution) rather than what the people do. For example: Nigerians are known abroad for fraud, drugs etc does that means Nigerian constitution encourages it or Nigeria is a bad country? The Islamic constitution (Quran) was clear about killing people by saying "whosoever kills a human being is as if he has killed a whole nation and whosoever saves a human being is as if he has saved a whole nation" So therefore, any muslim finding it easy to kill people is totally out of Islam. Concerning the laws placed on females. All the laws placed on females in Islam are strictly for their own benefit (give me any example and ill tell you the benefit) but defiling a young female is totally un-Islamic, In Islam, one of the first condition for marriage is the female's consent and can we get consent for an 11 or 13 or 14 yr old girl? The answer is NO!!!, therefore that makes the marriage to an immature or under-aged female null and void also totally un-Islamic, talk less of defiling her. So my dear brother, I hope I have been able to do justice to your observations, please feel free to share anything you feel you are uncomfortable with about Islam. Thanks so much for your time.

(1) (Reply)

The Lord's Chosen Is 14 Years Today. / How To Open The Third Eye The Hard Way / The Power Of A Divine Encounter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.