Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN (44078 Views)

Absence Of Auditor- General May Stall Government’s Bid To Borrow $29.96b / Did The FG Really Leave Out The South East In Projects From $29.96B Loan? / Alamieyeseigha's 'Official' OBITUARY Leaves Out LYING-IN-STATE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by ExInferis(m): 8:10am On Oct 30, 2016
chisco82:

Did you say Nigeria money? Where did Nigeria get their money from?

Certainly not from biafra, which is too poor to bail out its Dilector.
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by obailala(m): 8:12am On Oct 30, 2016
Sirlovings:

Nigeria has remained undeveloped with no form of unity because we had leaders with evil, corrupt and Hate mentality like you do.

If the federal government set up projects in South East, won't it benefit other Nigerians too?
Obviously this one did not read the original report (he read only the title and comments), he did not read what I wrote or did not comprehend a thing I wrote. He's just stuck in the typical retrogressive paranoid mentality of 'FG is marginalising my place.'

Sir, I have not a single iota of hate in my heart for anyone, I only have lots of common and rational sense and more. I have also learnt to put meaningless sentiments aside when judging issues because I know these sentiments don't help nobody but only keeps one in perpetual bondage.

I asked a simple question, if the FG completes the 35 years old Mambilla hydro power dam project and injects 3050mw of electricity into the national grid, will it benefit only the people of Taraba state seeing that the project is located in the Mambilla mountains of Taraba?... Must a project of such nature be located in your village before you accept it is a good project and not unfair?...

Secondly, as the topic says the SE was excluded from all projects, don't you think this is just a sensational title, A LIE also, which is meant to arouse a feeling of resentment and sadness in people like you?.... There wer 4 main infrastructural projects listed; the Lagos to Kano rail, the Lagos to Calabar rail (which crosses the SE), the Mambilla dam and the Abuja city rail, kindly tell me which of these projects is specific to any particular zone of tribe and kindly tell me which of these projects isn't beneficial to the SE?

Finally, almost than half of the total money was planned for Agricultural support, education and health support, budget support and Eurobonds. Kindly tell me how you came to the conclusion that these projects exclude the SE?... Can't you just see the point that the author is sensationally trying to deceive you and make you feel bad?...

3 Likes

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by chiedu7: 8:20am On Oct 30, 2016
[size=14pt]Well we can all see that there is nothing like one Nigeria[/size]
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by obailala(m): 8:28am On Oct 30, 2016
MyParadise:

After reading this and all the comments in this thread i was so sad.

God turn the above news and actions of the Nigerian President, Buhari to the favour of The Igbos and Igboland.

God if the actions of the Federal Government of Nigeria unto the Igbo, South Easterners is justified, then remain silent. But, if it is not justified, then God stand and show the whole nation that you are still God.

God if the actions and all the actions of the Federal Government of Nigeria unto Igbo people are justified, then GOD remain silent but if it is not the Oh God turn the above news to Igbo people's favour.

What exactly did you understand from what you read that made you sad?...

Lagos to Kano rail goes through the SW to NC to NW. The Calabar to Lagos rail goes through the SS to SE to SS to SW. The Mambilla dam is to supply power (3050mw) to the national grid which benefits all, must it be located in the SE before we agree that the project is fair to all?... Which of those projects listed specifically belongs to a particular zone and how exactly is the SE omitted from these projects?... So far not a single person complaining on this thread has been able to answer this question.

Your opinion was obviously moulded by the title of the report, a title which was crafted by someone with a motive, a motive to make you feel sad and dejected, but people should always learn to read deeply. Can you point out one project in the list which benefits a particular zone and also point out one project in the list which doesn't benefit the SE?

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by kedeojo(m): 8:28am On Oct 30, 2016
eyeview:

Since when did voting a candidate become a criteria for receiving your rights.
Is buhari doing the development with his personal money or our collective wealth?
As he seeks to exempt igbos in all his development plans,does he exclude them too from all taxes and fees. Go to the ports which is about the highest revenue earner for the govt and see that igbos pay about 85percent of the duties.
So what is the beauty of democracy if we all must align behind one candidate.
There were some archaic rubbish that was unheard of in past govts and modern democracy that has reared its ugly head in buhari's govt but the annoying thing is while the likes of buhari is excused because he's a myopic and outdated illiterate,educated and enlightened people like you will be supporting him and urging him on because of your tribal hatred and bigotry against a people whom God has blessed.
keep quiet, PMB is more educated than anybody from your family. Go and check the railway route from calabar to lagos and you will see it passes tru Aba and Onitsha. So until dey put all d project in ur region before u will accept. What did you people even get under Gej cos you still boast of worst federal road network in d country. Your leaders are always interested in getting personal benefit than collective one. The manbilla which will generate electricity when completed is going to serve all nigerian including south east. Always think before u comment not d other way round.

3 Likes

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by omenka(m): 8:32am On Oct 30, 2016
MyParadise:

Bros, you own is becoming too much, just too much. I have gone through some of your post here in NL, you seems to have personal problem with us.

Anyways, Happy sunday.
Why e be say na my own dey always pepper una pass?? Do you see what your brothers do around here?? Have you ever cautioned or reprimanded them?? Did we have stuffs like this prior 2015 when we played opposition?? Weren't your brothers the ones who started spreading hate messages on the internet and radio soon after your preferred candidate lost the presidential election??

I once created a thread calling for a cessation of hostilities, at least for two weeks and see if we can build some love from there- it was an honest call since I don't like what happens around here myself. Your brothers were the first to arrive the thread to hurl insults at me and everyone else, calling me a coward! I responded to none of them for TWO WEEKS since I made the call and was determined to honour it even if no one else did!

Where were you to caution them??

Seeing no one wants to act like a normal human being, I decided to have it their way.

I am open to ceasefire but that has to come from you folks first. And until I see you start cautioning your brothers who are notorious for spreading lies and hatred around here, I'd take this admonition of yours utterly hypocritical.

Happy sunday to you too.

3 Likes

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by TruthisGOD: 8:34am On Oct 30, 2016
gbosaa:

The IPOB that Nigerians know about is the type represented by your kind who come online to boast about the acquisition of fighter jets, tanks plus the training of combat soldiers in israel.

These lies are being swallowed hook line and sinker by the ignorant few.

Oga of IPOB...director NK was seen on YouTube asking from r finance to buy weapons!!
How silly can one be? How foolish can one be??...even miyetti allah or uni cult guys will arrange 'hit' without anyone knowing about it or how they got the 'metal'...oga NK was right there on camera asking for support and finance!!

This is someone apparently representing the Igbos. I admire his tenacity, he is intelligent but NOT very wise man. He boasted of having the backing of very important individuals in certain countries. How could he utter such lies.

Where are those individuals? Where was IPOB when Fulani men invaded Enugu state?? I thought radio Biafra boasted about having superior intel on ground, how could they allow that to happen?

What happened to massob? Is uwazurike part of these? If not, it's time you guys align your goals and focus on a common objective.

What have the leadership of IPOB done since Nnamdi Kanu was arrested and locked away?

Do you guys have any leadership at all...I guess not because IPOB is a one man and his radio business.

Your problem is you shout too much, clueless and can't think. You are losing support not because people are not passionate about the cause but because your strategy is wrong and full of deception.

IPOB is an online noise makers yet FG and your likes are rattled with their operation and whenever they are mentioned. IPOB is losing its supporters, yet an elite like Charles Soludo is concerned about their growing popularity and its consequences on the next election. Fulani herdsmen invaded Enugu and IPOB didn't do anything but your hypocritical types will be quick to labelle them as terrorist for demanding for weapon. NK, called for arms yet his followers have never killed any person but your blood thirsty president told his supporters to kill in order to protect their votes or if he loss election in 2011 and they did yet he is not being prosecuted. As for NK calling for arms I support him wholeheartedly, you cant get freedom in a jungle like Nigeria without consequences. Mr man whatever you think about IPOB or you want to give them bad name is your damned business! As for me and my family our support for IPOB is unflinching!

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by kedeojo(m): 8:38am On Oct 30, 2016
mrvitalis:

If saying the truth makes me evil fine no problem

This is politics we lost and naturally we shouldn't expect much.. . And i dont really see any project the south east would habe gotten here.... maybe Port Harcourt madugiri rail as for the coal power plants.. . Madam kemi (we all abuse) is fighting to get loan.. No body will sponsor it cos it is not green. .. U need to read without sentiments please
how will you see when you are becloud by tribal sentiment. You can't stop FG from access d loan. Even Ekweremadu and his fellow can't also. Yesterday u people shout biafra republic, today u cry of marginization and tommorow is no federal character involved in appointment. What do you people really want self.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by TruthisGOD: 8:41am On Oct 30, 2016
reducto:

Nwanne mu nwoke biko adi m very sorry maka ihe mu gwavuru gi. Ejizi m ohere a nwere na-asi gi that we are on the same boat. Maybe you mistook what I said as not being in support of Biafra.
I am in full support of the IPOB movement.
Why I said leave Igbos out of your misery was because I thought you were from the SWgrin Please accept my sincere apology.
Thanks, I cant be from that region.
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by TruthisGOD: 8:48am On Oct 30, 2016
gbosaa:
@ TruthisGod,

If you think oha na eze people are selfish and after their pocket, then start the clean up from there.

Put your house in order before you go out.

If you want to scare the women and make them so scared not to mess with you, get a man and make him pregnant. Everyone will steer clear and not mess with you.

No one will take you serious if you keep licking women' butt. IPOB should be butt kickers but butt lickers...right now all you IPOB are worse than pooooosie.
I don't give a damn about stooges like Oha nna eze. I am 100% IPOB.
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by FlamesD: 8:53am On Oct 30, 2016
Luukasz:
Nobody is marginalizing igbos but instead they are the architect of their own marginalization and inferiorty due to their greedy acts. They benefited most during the GEJ era so they shouldnt be pissed off if they aint benefiting in this current administration. And besides they never gave buhari any form of support during the last election so whats the fuss.

Sir, can you enumerate the ways the Igbos benefitted from the past administration that warrant this marginalization? If the Igbos are no longer part of this entity called Nigeria, they should be allowed to go their seperate way. The marginalization is now becoming too ovious.
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by Alwaystruth: 9:24am On Oct 30, 2016
Igbos will not go and die because you and Buhari is not God. If you have senses you will know
that Igbos have been marginalized from time immemorial and yet the prosper and nothing can change that.
The problem i have with my Igbo brothers is that a rejected person does not reject himself but some efulefus
in Igboland behave as if they have rejected themselves. Tell me one good reason an Igbo man should invest
a dime outside Igboland?.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by giles14(m): 10:49am On Oct 30, 2016
Perceptor:
I dont understand hw this igbo pple reason and act: u said u were nt part of nigeria, u said u didnt want anything frm nigeria, u said u hated nigeria, u said u didnt wan2 av anythin to do wt nigeria,u said u wuld bring down nigeria, u said u hated buhari, u said buhari never did anythin right, u said buhari can neva do anything right, u said buhari has evil agenda. So wat nonsense ar u pple saying abt project allocation not assigned to south east
y will u. undastnd wen u think like a fool.we said we are not interested in Nigeria anymore. but u refused us leaving,u go borrowing but wen tym to pay u also includes us in ur repayment format
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by MyParadise(m): 10:55am On Oct 30, 2016
obailala:
What exactly did you understand from what you read that made you sad?...

Lagos to Kano rail goes through the SW to NC to NW. The Calabar to Lagos rail goes through the SS to SE to SS to SW. The Mambilla dam is to supply power (3050mw) to the national grid which benefits all, must it be located in the SE before we agree that the project is fair to all?... Which of those projects listed specifically belongs to a particular zone and how exactly is the SE omitted from these projects?... So far not a single person complaining on this thread has been able to answer this question.

Your opinion was obviously moulded by the title of the report, a title which was crafted by someone with a motive, a motive to make you feel sad and dejected, but people should always learn to read deeply. Can you point out one project in the list which benefits a particular zone and also point out one project in the list which doesn't benefit the SE?

i am not even ready to is discussed here cos we the youths have been blinded. I only said God if what was done was just then let it be but if it is unjust then God turn it to our.

A simple prayer without hate
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by giles14(m): 10:59am On Oct 30, 2016
obailala:
Obviously this one did not read the original report (he read only the title and comments), he did not read what I wrote or did not comprehend a thing I wrote. He's just stuck in the typical retrogressive paranoid mentality of 'FG is marginalising my place.'

Sir, I have not a single iota of hate in my heart for anyone, I only have lots of common and rational sense and more. I have also learnt to put meaningless sentiments aside when judging issues because I know these sentiments don't help nobody but only keeps one in perpetual bondage.

I asked a simple question, if the FG completes the 35 years old Mambilla hydro power dam project and injects 3050mw of electricity into the national grid, will it benefit only the people of Taraba state seeing that the project is located in the Mambilla mountains of Taraba?... Must a project of such nature be located in your village before you accept it is a good project and not unfair?...

Secondly, as the topic says the SE was excluded from all projects, don't you think this is just a sensational title, A LIE also, which is meant to arouse a feeling of resentment and sadness in people like you?.... There wer 4 main infrastructural projects listed; the Lagos to Kano rail, the Lagos to Calabar rail (which crosses the SE), the Mambilla dam and the Abuja city rail, kindly tell me which of these projects is specific to any particular zone of tribe and kindly tell me which of these projects isn't beneficial to the SE?

Finally, almost than half of the total money was planned for Agricultural support, education and health support, budget support and Eurobonds. Kindly tell me how you came to the conclusion that these projects exclude the SE?... Can't you just see the point that the author is sensationally trying to deceive you and make you feel bad?...
pls can u name one federal presence in d SE. no road no light .

+60% of containers coming into Nigeria is destined for d SE(Onitsha nnewi aba) still u pple shout dat d SE is insignificant
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by bankyman(m): 11:01am On Oct 30, 2016
Idiocy and intelligence are on two opposite sides, it's tautology and ignorance that would make a man put them side by side..... Why should I even think of engaging you in an intelligent discourse ??
ceejay4real:

You are an intelligent iddiott!
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by Twistaray(m): 11:10am On Oct 30, 2016
[s]
Sirlovings:

Please don't live in ignorance and in denial. I would love to see your facts.
Ignorance will increase your already existing poverty and Hate will cause you heart attack.
[/s]

Abeg quit with the saving face already undecided
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by 7lives: 11:33am On Oct 30, 2016
AgamaHub:

Gej was busy developing the North to gain their trust, but no, they just didn't want an infidel ruling them, while the south east had nothing from Gej, just crumbs. Why do you think He, GEJ is traveling from one country to another, because he did nothing for His people and where he invested in, they sabotaged him. So he is scared of relaxing at home.

Na dis kind talk dey make me want to slap somebody, OBJ did not do anything for Lagos he in fact did everything he can to sabotage her development, but BAT AND FASHOLA DID.
ARE YOU SAYING GEJ ALSO HELD THE GOVERNORS OF SE HOSTAGE AND THUS STOPPED THEM FROM DEVELOPING SE?.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by chiedu7: 11:38am On Oct 30, 2016
[size=14pt]Since Buhari does not regard us, then why are we still part of Nigeria?[/size]
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by Perceptor(m): 12:44pm On Oct 30, 2016
giles14:
y will u. undastnd wen u think like a fool.we said we are not interested in Nigeria anymore. but u refused us leaving,u go borrowing but wen tym to pay u also includes us in ur repayment format
Lol@frustration in ur comment. Na government go hep u pack ur pple wey no wan leave north and southwest Pple see ur agitation as a sign of frustration, confusion and mainly as a joke, and ur claim about the project allocation confirms it trully is.
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by obailala(m): 5:29pm On Oct 30, 2016
giles14:
pls can u name one federal presence in d SE. no road no light .

+60% of containers coming into Nigeria is destined for d SE(Onitsha nnewi aba) still u pple shout dat d SE is insignificant
Before you proceed with another overflogged paranoid comment, kindly point out where I said or inferred that the SE is insignificant?... Also try and stick with the topic. The topic says SE was excluded from the 4 listed infrastructural projects, my point is simple, it is a lie and a divisive report to incite people like yourself to sadness and discontent.

By the way, besides Lagos (a former FCT) and Abuja (current FCT), can you please point out the places in nigeria with federal presence?
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by obailala(m): 5:34pm On Oct 30, 2016
MyParadise:

i am not even to is discussed here cos we the youths have been blinded. I only said God if what was done was just then let it be but if it is unjust then God turn it to our.

A simple prayer with hate
My point was simple, there are obviously lots of areas where the SE has been marginalised for ages and is still being marginalised. But definitely not on these 4 listed infrastructural projects discussed on this thread, let's try and pay more attention to details in our arguments and agitations else it just portrays the whole group as noisemakers.
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by Igboid: 8:15pm On Oct 30, 2016
obailala:
Infrastructural Projects ($18.3 billion)

- Mambil­la Hydro Electric Power Project ($4.8 billion)

- Lagos to Calabar Coastal Railway Pro­ject: Calabar to Port-Harcourt Segment ($3.5 billion)

- Lagos-Kano Railway Project: Lagos to Ibadan Segment ($1.3 billion)

- Lagos-Kano Railway Project: Kano to Kaduna Segment ($1.1 billion)

- Abuja Mass Transit Rail Project Phase 2 ($1.6 billion)

Balance of $11 billion Breakdown

- Eurobond ($4.5 billion),

- Federal Govern­ment Budget Support ($3.5 bil­lion)

- Social Support for Educa­tion and Health ($2.2 billion)

- Agriculture ($1.2 billion)

- Economic Management and Statistics ($200 million).

Another needless thread to wail endlessly; the slavery is all in the mind and many have taken to wailing as hobby.

A very quick look through the list shows the projects are purely projects that benefit Nigeria as a whole, but to some, every single thing must be sectionalised for it to make sense to them. One begins to wonder whether the 3000mw of electricity that would be produced from the all important Mambilla dam project will be distributed only in Taraba state. One also begins to wonder whether the all important Calabar to Lagos Rail would not also be used by Nigerians of south eastern origins. Meanwhile this rail connects the Calabar Seaport and the Onne Seaport in Port-Harcourt and the rail goes through the industrial city of Aba; I never knew Aba had been erased from the South-East geopolitical zone of Nigeria. Or maybe, when it isn't convenient for wailing purposes, Aba can be regarded as South-South.

Anyway, if wailers don't wail, who will?.. Nonsense!

You have a demonic mind.
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by Igboid: 8:17pm On Oct 30, 2016
Handsomecole:
I am proudly Igbo and from the Southeast. But we deserve every treatment we get. We were too foolish and our leaders were too selfish and corrupt even when we enjoyed political dominance under 16 years of PDP rule.
Now under the APC we are too proud to work with the present Government and too insultive to the President.

Yes we have laws that mandate equal development in all regions but only God Almighty is not bias.

We deserve what we get.

Do you mind explaining why we don't deserve fairness and Justice from this current government?

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by Igboid: 8:20pm On Oct 30, 2016
MinorityTribe1:
So calabar and Port Harcourt no dey South East again? Good to know the Igbo's have finally accepted their place and the artificial Geopolitical zoning. People can be mumu sha.

You are not as smart as you think you are. So because Hausas are spread between NE and NW, NW should now be excluded in distribution of infrastructures, since NE already cover them, or does this your demonic logic only work for SE?

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by Igboid: 8:22pm On Oct 30, 2016
HonabFaj:
The 7 big Wins project valued for $10M is for the South East,not including SE in the borrowing plan doesn't mean that there won't be project in that region

Do you mind explaining yourself better.
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by Igboid: 8:28pm On Oct 30, 2016
COMPAQ:
While projects should not be sited in a zone because of political reasons or federal character the only issue I see with the list is why calabar port Harcourt real is there. I don't see the additional commerce this will bring. Port Harcourt - Aba- Enugu might have made more sense as food produce from Benue/Kogi, which is Above Enugu could move into the south east and south south zone easily.

Also id have liked to have seen $1bln for either 1000MW solar (can only be in the north) or wind to reduce our dependence on gas.

To be fair, SE doesn't have any major project in the pipeline of recent that had needed to be done asides roads and there is no road anywhere in the country on the list. Not fully convinced this is the best use of $30bln Sha.

What do you mean that SE doesn't have major project in the pipeline? Whose job is it to make sure the region has a major FG project in the pipeline? So because the region has been marginalized for long, (which is why no major FG project is going on there) it is should now be given as an excuse to continue shortchanging the region?
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by Igboid: 8:32pm On Oct 30, 2016
bankyman:
I think the SE not being captured in this spending speaks a lot about the country and the government (Good or Bad). Because there is a region called the SE means that when we spend on infrastructure they must be captured? But yes they should....

Looking at the spending, there is nothing in which the SE is asking for that is new? They are all projects initiated before this government, abandoned and now its being looked into to be revitalized and completed. If there is no project to be completed in the SE, it means their leaders have been playing with their future and they were dancing to the rhythm played by the bad leaders blindly or this government is reaaly bad and trying to sideline them.

So whats the noise for? Is it that none of the project wont benefit them? They claim to be the commercial capital (Topic for another day), so if they really are what they say they are, they should be the ones jumping for joy as it means quick and super access to raw materials across the federation.

Now few questions for Ndi Igbo

1. Why the support for GEJ who left you in this impoverished state?
2. Why support for anything anti PMB govt. yet cry for attention for him?
3. Why can't there be a regional organisation from all the SE states with the aim of putting infrastructures across the region?
4. Why situate most of your organisations in Lagos when you could have developed the SE and get the FG looking at the region?

My piece of advice is that Ndi Igbo should look inwards to come out stronger, you claim to be the best and have nothing to show for it. Take a cue from Lagos, if you develop yourself others will come looking for you (you didn't develop Lagos, all you guys did well was to swell the population with people who prefer substandard in bulk than little in quality, I'd really wish you guys got Biafra and leave). One of the reasons this borrowing is devoid of the SE is because there is nothing there to boost the economy really (not completely absent though), Population you don't have, resources is scarce, infrastructure too is devoid, you are intolerable to visitors, and the best brains are either in Lagos doing good or bad and the rest committing one form of illegality or the other thinking they are growing the economy.

Really I ask and I beg for answers What Is There to Invest In In the SE?

N.B

Lagos = ports, diversity, good governance, self dependency, "Oil"
North central, North West, North East = Population & Large expanse of Land
SS = Oil
SE =

Long load of trash. Can't believe this so much faeces can occupy just one skull.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by Igboid: 8:40pm On Oct 30, 2016
tope56:
manbilla hydro is not meant for a particular region it is for all Nigerians Lagos-Ibadan and Calabar to port-Harcourt is going to be ply by all Nigerians. Lagos is ecomcomic nerve center of Nigeria couple with the fact that it has highest population in Nigeria so obviously Lagos need new standard rail and Abuja is capital of Nigeria.

If we follow this your logic. Then the FG should come and site all those projects in SE, since the location does no longer matter. All Nigerians can always come to SE and benefit from it.

I had long discovered that when it comes to Igbo issues, then average Nigerian becomes irrational, and all sorts of warped logic is employed to justify their demonic machinations.

Did Lagos become the commercial nerve center by being starved of investments and infrastructures to bring about economic activities by the FG? Was Abuja not a semi arid bare land before infrastructures were poured into it by the FG?
Are you saying because SE had always been starved of investments by the FG, it should now be used as a valid excuse to Short change the region further by this present administration?

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by Igboid: 8:47pm On Oct 30, 2016
MinorityTribe1:
The so called six zones are just political tools, Apart from Nigeria where else have you heard of "South-South"? In the past both the so called South East and South south are Eastern Nigeria. If the Igbo are angry with this then they aren't really serious about Biafra. Kanu always claim he is uniting Biafra land and all the South east and South south belongs to Biafra. So why should you be angry while Major projects is being done in Calabar and Port Harcourt. Is that no longer Biafra land?

Stop speaking from both side of the mouth.

SS is SS and SE is SE, they are not ethnic groups. North is one, then why was Abuja( NC) , Taraba ( NE) and NW captured in the plan, why was one not made to stand for the three, after all its one North.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by Igboid: 8:58pm On Oct 30, 2016
COMPAQ:

I don't see any scripted plan anywhere Bros. Asides Road, which mega project is there in SE that we have been unable to fund of recent? Mambilla is a project we have known of for decades. Lagos rail makes sense as it has 40% of Nigeria GDP. Kano kaduna makes sense also. Kano is a huge commercial town too and distances in the north are much larger than in the east. And they are poorer up there and have less vehicular traffic. Don't forget a lot of Agricultural produce comes from up north. No insults please! Just put your views across like a mature adult o!

If there are no mega projects in the SE, it's because the FG never started one. So because SE was deprived of those mega projects, is now a justification not to start one?

As for the Agricultural myth. Nigeria is a net importer of most of its food needs. The SE is doing good agriculturally, and there are stats to back this up.

If the North has huge landmass, then it's their albatross to carry, as the same landmass had ensured they got more federal allocations and the SE lesser and lesser farmlands to their natives, as opposed to more for the North, the SE must not be made the bear the blunt of the North landmass, when she also bears the blunt of her own smaller landmass with its attendant population density and Erosions from human pressure.

The larger distances in the North should be a disadvantage to them in this case, while those of SE should for once be its advantage, as the North will require more funds for roads than the SE.

Aba and Onitsha are bubbling Commercial centres with Urgent needs, Aba in particular, and Enugu is a standard city, so I fail to see why we should be shortchanged for Kano.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Senator Elisha Abbo Breaks Silence On Alleged Assault Inside Abuja gadget Shop / Miyetti Allah Vigilante Operating In Ondo State - Facebook User (Photos) / Tinubu's Wikipedia Page Has Been Edited. Adekunle Added

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.