Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN (44033 Views)

Absence Of Auditor- General May Stall Government’s Bid To Borrow $29.96b / Did The FG Really Leave Out The South East In Projects From $29.96B Loan? / Alamieyeseigha's 'Official' OBITUARY Leaves Out LYING-IN-STATE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by ThumbzTNA(m): 7:06pm On Oct 29, 2016
tundexijim:

Who betrayed u? Do we have any agreement to vote the same person. Even the SS ppl wey get pikin don move on teytey. The said person fumbled and to u that doesn't matter, he must be reelected irrespective of his performance because he's from the south...Continue crying u hear..

So when you stand up for your brother or sister in the house, its because you signed an agreement with your sibling in front of a lawyer? Lmao You guys take betrayal to a new level
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by reducto: 7:07pm On Oct 29, 2016
TruthisGOD:
You captured everyhing but you were so foolish to say a lot of people in SE despised IPOB movement. You're the first person that have used a dregatory remark on this forum. You might be learned but you're a complete fool.

Mumu worry about your lazy ass people and leave igbos out of your eternal misery.
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by DEXTROVERT: 7:10pm On Oct 29, 2016
why
does
out
Of
Every
IGBO
I
meet
hates
Buhari
prays
for
his
government
failure
and
yet
Wants
the
Lion
Of
Benefits
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by TruthisGOD: 7:15pm On Oct 29, 2016
gbosaa:

Just because you support it doesn't mean others do.

Yes a lot of people do not support IPOB...
Where did I use derogatory remark in my post. Kindly point it out.

Not a lot of people support ipob. Do you have problem with? I don't and I know people who don't.

Talk about 'oganiru ndi igbo'...I am all for it 100% and will devote resources to support its success not listen to people spreading g lies and embarrassing the Igbos.

Hope you are one of those claiming to have the best fighter jets, tanks and millions of well trained soldiers?
You type makes me laugh. I was thinking like you b4 "one big indomitable Nigeria where no tribe will not be descrminated jst like United State". But I was wrong. You type will keep on lamenting being shortchanged and marginalized until you die without seeing the change you're passionately seeking for. To say that lots of peope in SE depise IPOB movements makes you a big fool. Infact you're one of the lone fools considering the millions of people that came out in solidarity of IPOB movement all over the world. One lone fool cannot be wiser than millions of people that have a common ideology.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by wristbangle: 7:16pm On Oct 29, 2016
obailala:
Infrastructural Projects ($18.3 billion)

- Mambil­la Hydro Electric Power Project ($4.8 billion)

- Lagos to Calabar Coastal Railway Pro­ject: Calabar to Port-Harcourt Segment ($3.5 billion)

- Lagos-Kano Railway Project: Lagos to Ibadan Segment ($1.3 billion)

- Lagos-Kano Railway Project: Kano to Kaduna Segment ($1.1 billion)

- Abuja Mass Transit Rail Project Phase 2 ($1.6 billion)

Balance of $11 billion Breakdown

- Eurobond ($4.5 billion),

- Federal Govern­ment Budget Support ($3.5 bil­lion)

- Social Support for Educa­tion and Health ($2.2 billion)

- Agriculture ($1.2 billion)

- Economic Management and Statistics ($200 million).

Another needless thread to wail endlessly; the slavery is all in the mind and many have taken to wailing as hobby.

A very quick look through the list shows the projects are purely projects that benefit Nigeria as a whole, but to some, every single thing must be sectionalised for it to make sense to them. One begins to wonder whether the 3000mw of electricity that would be produced from the all important Mambilla dam project will be distributed only in Taraba state. One also begins to wonder whether the all important Calabar to Lagos Rail would not also be used by Nigerians of south eastern origins. Meanwhile this rail connects the Calabar Seaport and the Onne Seaport in Port-Harcourt and the rail goes through the industrial city of Aba; I never knew Aba had been erased from the South-East geopolitical zone of Nigeria. Or maybe, when it isn't convenient for wailing purposes, Aba can be regarded as South-South.

Anyway, if wailers don't wail, who will?.. Nonsense!

God bless u. U get brain no be small
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by tundexijim(m): 7:16pm On Oct 29, 2016
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

sad u are not far from the truth, I am sure they want the north to catch up with the east in terms of development. No problem but their mental capacity will still be low. God will always provide for the eastern region. Let me see one idiot that will accuse the Igbos of love of money, when they have to hustle their money because of the grand plan to deprive the eastern region

I'm sure u read this part..

an area most acutely hit by poor infrastruc­ture and an acute shortage of various social amenities.
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by elmajor(m): 7:19pm On Oct 29, 2016
EazyMoh:
Who cares! Useless 5percentile, let then go and die!
On a serious note, the main infrastructure deficit in the SE are roads, and almost all federal roads in the region are captured in the budget and are currently been repaired. There hasn't been a viable rail project to the region due to its location. Also no dam project is viable in the region. So don't expect PMB to do things just because of your wailing. You people should have learnt something, its same with appointments and projects, so long he's satisfied it's the best decision, he goes for it!
And there are projects like financing the budget, social interventions and agricultural projects with no specific region, meaning the SE will benefit from those. So its not like the region isn't benefiting anything from the money.
Anyway like I said, who cares?
What do u mean by "useless 5percentile"? Do u know that there is no Nigeria without SE? Why have u not been canvassing for the secession of SE if u were not benefiting from its economic significance? I think that's the only way u can let them "go and die".

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by tundexijim(m): 7:22pm On Oct 29, 2016
ThumbzTNA:

So when you stand up for your brother or sister in the house, its because you signed an agreement with your sibling in front of a lawyer? Lmao You guys take betrayal to a new level

Which brother or sister are u talking abt? The interest of Nigeria is above any brother or sister poo u are trying to bring in....

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by jikjimmy: 7:22pm On Oct 29, 2016
What a pity for we South-eastners.None of our serving state governors or national Assembly members can come out OPENLY and speak against this marginalisation of our dear region.Oh death! Where are the likes of Ikemba Nnewi(Ojukwu) and Chief Chuba Okadigbo of blessed memory?.
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by CandyDiamond(f): 7:23pm On Oct 29, 2016
This Nigeria marginalization of SE should stop,all region should be made to belong to one Nigeria for growth of Nigeria if not the country will remain cursed forever ,no peace for the wicked,opposition is good to keep one party on it toes,Buhari should not expect everybody to vote for him.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by ThumbzTNA(m): 7:26pm On Oct 29, 2016
tundexijim:

Which brother or sister are u talking abt? The interest of Nigeria is above any brother or sister poo u are trying to bring in....

Its obvious you guys have no understanding of loyalty. It's obvious the part that contains loyalty in the human brain is lacking in a typical Afonja brain.
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by danosky91(m): 7:27pm On Oct 29, 2016
Luukasz:
Nobody is marginalizing igbos but instead they are the architect of their own marginalization and inferiorty due to their greedy acts. They benefited most during the GEJ era so they shouldnt be pissed off if they aint benefiting in this current administration. And besides they never gave buhari any form of support during the last election so whats the fuss.
fvck shit! I get pissed off when i hear such useless statement, it's obvious u hav nt being 2 d east. Why are we still being an illitrate after claiming 2 b learned.dis is y d white's are better than us, and why america is great.dude learn 2 think outside of ur box sometimes! Avoid criticism put urself in their situation and condition b4 u rain ur vocal wrath on them. #no_offense_though
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by TruthisGOD: 7:31pm On Oct 29, 2016
reducto:

Mumu worry about your lazy ass people and leave igbos out of your eternal misery.
Try harder, this your weak propaganda isn't going to work- extracting Igbo from IPOB. Hw vry pathetic. Infact I want your president to keep on marginalizing SE, so that those foolish Igbos, those very foolish ones, will see why this useless country can never progress. Then it'll be glaring to them that their future and that of their generation are being truncated in this hopeless country
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by Sirlovings: 7:31pm On Oct 29, 2016
LoveDecay:
What happened to all the billionaires in Biafra?

South East is Biafra.... they should prepare the worst is yet to come.

That was what your father, and elders said to themselves after the civil war yet today Igbos still have the lowest poverty rate according to World Bank statistics.
Even with very little Federal Government projects over the years, Igbos have worked hard to better themselves.
Government hand outs make people lazy.

As for Biafra issue, the more you marginalize them, the more momentum they will get. And besides, there so many countries especially in Africa that would love to see Nigeria disintegrate so they can take the top spot.

Beyond Africa, it is just business especially for western countries and China. Once oil companies fall out of favour with Federal government of Nigeria, then the West will draw their support for a United Nigeria.

Don't live in the illusion that British government care about Nigerians, British government cares more about their commercial interest.
It is also in the interest of a white man for Africans to keep fighting each other and remain undeveloped as long as Africans depend on them and African refugees/displaced persons and migrants remain in Africa

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 29, 2016
TruthisGOD:
You type makes me laugh. I was thinking like you b4 "one big indomitable Nigeria where no tribe will not be descrminated jst like United State". But I was wrong. You type will keep on lamenting being shortchanged and marginalized until you die without seeing the change you're passionately seeking for. To say that lots of peope in SE depise IPOB movements makes you a big fool. Infact you're one of the lone fools considering the millions of people that came out in solidarity of IPOB movement all over the world. One lone fool cannot be wiser than millions of people that have a common ideology.

I'm glad to be the lone fool sir. I don't do things because others are doing it.

I'm that comfortable being foolish and my foolishness isn't causing you any harm.

I repeat it...lots of Igbo DESPISE IPOB. If you are ignorant of this, then you are suffering from malignant form of delusion and you need to wake up.

I don't have to support IPOB to support what's good for ndi Igbo.

Let's not derail this thread abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by phreakabit(m): 7:45pm On Oct 29, 2016
[size=18pt]Lmao!
Nothing new here. . . grin grin grin
Been this way from the get go.
We don't need anyone. .
[/size]
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 29, 2016
[size=20pt]I'd rather be tagged a 'slave' to northerners and end up pocketing developmental projects than being a 'lord' without one. Politics is all about interests and not stupid sentiments.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 29, 2016
Clinton9000:
It's obvious this government has a scripted plan to marginalize and strangle Igbos to death. What these mofos don't understand is the more you marginalize Igbos, the more successful they get to be.

stop being an arrogant føøl. this is not about individual success. it is a collective gain. how do you feel when common amenities like water is not available in most eastern LGA.
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by 9japride(m): 7:53pm On Oct 29, 2016
tundexijim:

I'm sure u read this part..

[color=#006600][/color]

There is no doubt that the north needs infrastructural development, but most of the development in South east are individual efforts or state government. The federal government needs to show more seriousness in their developmental drive so that Igbos can free other zones. Especially in areas such as coal, functional seaport(south region), industrialization of the zone and many more
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by Junior66(m): 7:53pm On Oct 29, 2016
Nasman:

I believe Mambilla Power Project is located in Taraba which is in North East and for North Central, Abuja cover them.
just as calabar covers southeast right?
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by Junior66(m): 7:59pm On Oct 29, 2016
tolor:

wtf are you saying? Please let's not allow unnecessary hate becloud our reasoning. Is Taraba not NE, Abuja NC, Kano NW, Lagos SW, Calabar SS.

Now one region is conspicuously absent from this windfall and you see no problem with it because of the tribal bigots from that region when it is a fact that tribal bigotry permeates every nook and cranny of this country. Na wa oo..
Shame.
Abuja is FCT and not North-central.
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by TruthisGOD: 8:06pm On Oct 29, 2016
gbosaa:

I'm glad to be the lone fool sir. I don't do things because others are doing it.

I'm that comfortable being foolish and my foolishness isn't causing you any harm.

I repeat it...lots of Igbo DESPISE IPOB. If you are ignorant of this, then you are suffering from malignant form of delusion and you need to wake up.

I don't have to support IPOB to support what's good for ndi Igbo.

Let's not derail this thread abeg.
You're not Igbo. That you speak the language doesn't make you one. That you're born in southeast and perhaps has Igbo parents doesn't make you one. I won't answer you again.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by lurther: 8:09pm On Oct 29, 2016
U are an idiot and big fool....if dem born u well....show ur real identity and stop impersonating.....if dem born u well....show ur sef.
mrvitalis:

If saying the truth makes me evil fine no problem

This is politics we lost and naturally we shouldn't expect much.. . And i dont really see any project the south east would habe gotten here.... maybe Port Harcourt madugiri rail as for the coal power plants.. . Madam kemi (we all abuse) is fighting to get loan.. No body will sponsor it cos it is not green. .. U need to read without sentiments please
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by djon78(m): 8:12pm On Oct 29, 2016
This is no news to me. The only thing called for is more concerted effort in garnering resources to develop South East.
People should always remember that adversity is always a sign of blessing if well used. And when someone marginalizes you, it shows that he is afraid of your potential.

Another blessing for this news is it will make Igbo leaders to really look themselves in the face, and come out with better plans on how to develop and integrate the entire South East region. Leaders that are not slaves to Abuja but leaders that will harness and maximize the resources available in South East.

I have been asking where is the development master plan for South East? if there is a master plan, ways to fund it can be many without even the Federal Government. Foreign Investors, International financial Institutions, and even Igbos in Diaspora funds are all options to fund it. But first a holistic, comprehensive, inclusive and complete master plan must be developed.

when I am talking of master plan will include modern and sophisticated infrastructures, and also human resources development infrastructures.

As for Nigeria the modern world is quickly moving away from her at an alarming speed, while those in Abuja will keep playing politics and toying with the destinies of the upcoming generation. When I see the massive capacities of development going on in major areas of this our world and then come back to Nigeria and see the insignificant things we are doing and patting ourselves at the back, I shake my head. A moribund Financial, Manufacturing, Academic, Infrastructural, Technological system I shake my head.

In conclusion let me say that the Igbo man has all what it takes to develop herself and her region in abundance, all they need to do is more soul searching. It is not yet dark, now is still daylight, find the black goat now that the day is bright.The race is just starting. Thanks and God bless all.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by Junior66(m): 8:14pm On Oct 29, 2016
MYGFGSGH:
Tribal bigotry can't help you, quoting somebody wrongly to justify injustice can only make you a devil. Is Taraba state not in the North east, Abuja not in the North central? Or maybe you're ignorant of Nigeria's geo political boundries.
Shut up there! Since when did FCT Abuja become a Northcentral state? You are the ignorant person here. In your annoyance you forgot the constituent members of the 6 geopolitical zones. The NC is not represented too and we are not shouting.
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by crush20(m): 8:14pm On Oct 29, 2016
Luukasz:
Nobody is marginalizing igbos but instead they are the architect of their own marginalization and inferiorty due to their greedy acts. They benefited most during the GEJ era so they shouldnt be pissed off if they aint benefiting in this current administration. And besides they never gave buhari any form of support during the last election so whats the fuss.

Stop speaking through ur Ass hole....if u got nothing reasonable to say
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by Syphax(m): 8:15pm On Oct 29, 2016
Luukasz:
Nigeria is a zoo,South East is a biafran region.
So why should Nigeria care about a biafran region when its zoo is still underdeveloped.
#NoApologies
Then allow them to leave nah. Haba
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by meniyoyo(m): 8:15pm On Oct 29, 2016
Luukasz:
please mention one thing that the past administration did in d southeast. It will cost u nothing to put one % of ur brain to work
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by Twistaray(m): 8:15pm On Oct 29, 2016
Sirlovings:

That was what your father, and elders said to themselves after the civil war yet today Igbos still have the lowest poverty rate according to World Bank statistics.
Even with very little Federal Government projects over the years, Igbos have worked hard to better themselves.
Government hand outs make people lazy.

As for Biafra issue, the more you marginalize them, the more momentum they will get. And besides, there so many countries especially in Africa that would love to see Nigeria disintegrate so they can take the top spot.

Beyond Africa, it is just business especially for western countries and China. Once oil companies fall out of favour with Federal government of Nigeria, then the West will draw their support for a United Nigeria.

Don't live in the illusion that British government care about Nigerians, British government cares more about their commercial interest.
It is also in the interest of a white man for Africans to keep fighting each other and remain undeveloped as long as Africans depend on them and African refugees/displaced persons and migrants remain in Africa

O really?
I hope you won't run when confronted with facts grin
Quit the delusion now abeg shocked

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by jbhitler(m): 8:15pm On Oct 29, 2016
Luukasz:
my brother! why? are you saying that we must benefit from government based on voting patterns? evil is evil.lets condemn what is perceived to be hatred in our national life as youths and future leaders. no offence please
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 29, 2016
TruthisGOD:
You're not Igbo. That you speak the language doesn't make you one. That you're born in southeast and perhaps has Igbo parents doesn't make you one. I won't answer you again.

You've lost it. Your type is the reason lots of ndi Igbo despise IPOB. Massob has gone quiet, so will IPOB.

Igbo nation can not be built on a foundation of lies and deception. Stop telling lies and deceiving people. It's embarrassing and make reasonable Igbos look bad.

Igbo means progress and success in the face of hatred and obstacles. Fabricating news about training soldiers in US or Germany, acquiring fighter jets and tanks make people like you look like clowns.

Stop bragging. We will get there but not with the method IPOB or massob employs.

Lest I forget...stop claiming Igbo because you are not one. A real Igbo man will not reason like you.If you want to act IPOB, go out there and do it. Stop punching on your keyboard.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Lecturer Dr Danfulani Arrested For Criticizing Buhari On Facebook Denied Bail / Tinubu's Wikipedia Page Has Been Edited. Adekunle Added / Buhari Phobia: N2.5b Adada Dam Contractor Rushes Back To Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.