Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,140 members, 7,811,208 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 (15008 Views)

Youwin! Connect List Of Successful Applicants 2017 | Confirm Your Name / Npower VAIDS/TAX Applicants 2017, / YALI APPLICANTS 2017--- Interview Invitations Has Stared Dropping. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by Jerobans: 9:51pm On Oct 29, 2016
jessysparkles:

I'm a sis o...yea better offers await me. thank you

Oh sister! I'm sorry. It's noted!
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by IshaqAyinde(m): 10:21pm On Oct 29, 2016
Best of luck to us all.

1 Like

Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by Jerobans: 7:08am On Oct 30, 2016
What precisely are the YALI panalists looking for? Can anyone please highlight to the house what these salient features are that guarantee qualification to the second round?
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by presidentpikin: 8:44am On Oct 30, 2016
Present Sir...I would have suggests we form a whassap group...

1 Like

Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by nwakibie3(m): 10:14am On Oct 30, 2016
i applied too. God will see us through.
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by onlyme07(m): 10:58am On Oct 30, 2016
Jerobans:
What precisely are the YALI panalists looking for? Can anyone please highlight to the house what these salient features are that guarantee qualification to the second round?

You should be able to defend what you said in your application. Body language matters alot. To be frank,you can't really know what they want but they know who is really telling the truth about his/her accomplishment.

From my own interview,I was asked the source of funds in carrying out my projects and how much I bought each equipment distributed. I fumbled,my expenditure was far higher than my capital. Is that possible.? NO. You can see I wasn't prepared enough or I lied.

Just be prepared,that's all. Its not a do or die affiar but an experience that would help and guide one in future endeavours.

2 Likes

Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by jessysparkles(f): 12:09pm On Oct 30, 2016
onlyme07:

I see. This is one of the affliate programs of YALI and as you can see,its YALI COHORT. It differs from Mandela fellowship entirely.
Oh okay I thought it was the same when I saw YALI
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by jessysparkles(f): 12:12pm On Oct 30, 2016
iHart:
Yours is for regional leadership centres in Africa.

okay..thanks its different then
now I get you guys sorry for the misunderstanding

1 Like

Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by Jerobans: 12:14pm On Oct 30, 2016
onlyme07:

You should be able to defend what you said in your application. Body language matters alot. To be frank,you can't really know what they want but they know who is really telling the truth about his/her accomplishment.

From my own interview,I was asked the source of funds in carrying out my projects and how much I bought each equipment distributed. I fumbled,my expenditure was far higher than my capital. Is that possible.? NO. You can see I wasn't prepared enough or I lied.

Just be prepared,that's all. Its not a do or die affiar but an experience that would help and guide one in future endeavours.

OK. That's very kind of you. God will see us through this time around. Just a question, did you apply for the Entrepreneurship category? You talked about equipment and capital. Also, presenting of documents or proof of your work is it compulsory?
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by Jerobans: 12:18pm On Oct 30, 2016
nwakibie3:
i applied too. God will see us through.

Amen.
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by onlyme07(m): 12:54pm On Oct 30, 2016
Jerobans:

OK. That's very kind of you. God will see us through this time around. Just a question, did you apply for the Entrepreneurship category? You talked about equipment and capital. Also, presenting of documents or proof of your work is it compulsory?

Yes. I fell under entrepreneurship category.

With your application,I think you answered few questions,right? You must have done something in your community. How did you achieve that goal? Your answer would guide them the question you will be asked so,you can't be smart always.

I don't want to go into personal details on your last question but if you read between the lines,you would get why they asked me that question.

As I said earlier,you are not expected to bring any document except proof of identity.

2 Likes

Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by Jerobans: 3:44pm On Oct 30, 2016
onlyme07:

Yes. I fell under entrepreneurship category.

With your application,I think you answered few questions,right? You must have done something in your community. How did you achieve that goal? Your answer would guide them the question you will be asked so,you can't be smart always.

I don't want to go into personal details on your last question but if you read between the lines,you would get why they asked me that question.

As I said earlier,you are not expected to bring any document except proof of identity.

Alright. Thanks. I got friends that applied last year but were not called for the interview (second round). What do you think was the problem? What do they required in the application process? Those friends of mine applied in the entrepreneurship and civil leadership categories but non of them was called.
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by onlyme07(m): 8:16pm On Oct 30, 2016
Jerobans:

Alright. Thanks. I got friends that applied last year but were not called for the interview (second round). What do you think was the problem? What do they required in the application process? Those friends of mine applied in the entrepreneurship and civil leadership categories but non of them was called.

Seriously,I don't know their modus operandi. That was my second time of applying before I was shortlisted. We just have to keep on trying,hope for the best and prepare for the worse.

1 Like

Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by wunmi590(m): 12:33am On Oct 31, 2016
Present sir, any information?

1 Like

Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by Jerobans: 9:47am On Oct 31, 2016
onlyme07:

Seriously,I don't know their modus operandi. That was my second time of applying before I was shortlisted. We just have to keep on trying,hope for the best and prepare for the worse.

Thank you sir. You have been very helpful. God bless you!
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by Jerobans: 7:51pm On Oct 31, 2016
wunmi590:
Present sir, any information?

That is why we are here...to share information. Welcome on board smiley
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by wunmi590(m): 10:01pm On Oct 31, 2016
Jerobans:

That is why we are here...to share information. Welcome on board smiley

Thanks boss winkq

1 Like

Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by Jerobans: 3:23am On Nov 01, 2016
Happy new month, dear Nigerian future leaders. I understand the winners of the second round of YALI would be announced between November and December. I wish all of us the best of luck. God bless you all!
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by presidentpikin: 8:44pm On Nov 09, 2016
what is the future for this program with the Trump winning the President of America....Hope they will still continue this program because that man called Trump can not be trust on any issue about Africa.
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by nnamdiosu(m): 6:24pm On Nov 10, 2016
presidentpikin:
what is the future for this program with the Trump winning the President of America....Hope they will still continue this program because that man called Trump can not be trust on any issue about Africa.

Last month fellows (those who went to america for this program and came back) organized a conference. He said that when they went, they meet with Obama. Obama was telling them that they should be praying that Hilary wins becos she will fully support and allocate more funds to the program. So as now. We just have to be praying to God that uncle t (trump) should not block it. Its well. Amen

1 Like

Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by MilesLamar(m): 7:20pm On Nov 10, 2016
wow
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by Jerobans: 10:06pm On Nov 10, 2016
Well, this is really serious. But I understand Obama tried to institutionalise the program so that successive US Presidents can continue. I do not know if he has done that. At this point, we are have to seriously pray. I wish us all the best of luck.
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by casttlebarbz(m): 8:51am On Nov 13, 2016
Jerobans:
Did you apply for Young African Leadership Initiative - YALI 2017? If you applied for the programme, please let's meet here!
pls, how are u guys preparing ?
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by Jerobans: 3:43am On Nov 15, 2016
casttlebarbz:
pls, how are u guys preparing ?

Just hoping and praying that they should call us for the interview!
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by best4mation: 12:32pm On Nov 19, 2016
Anyways let's hope for the best. I'm pretty sure we would soon hear something from them
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by Jerobans: 11:31pm On Dec 02, 2016
Happy New month guys! Any news so far?
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by lawalmayor(m): 5:42pm On Dec 14, 2016
Nothing yet oo
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by best4mation: 9:48am On Dec 17, 2016
The info I got from their fb page is that applicants should download their applications and prepare for interview. I guess before the year ends we would hear from them.
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by jozzee1(m): 2:59pm On Dec 17, 2016
That is true.
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by jswagg4(m): 9:41am On Dec 21, 2016
May God favour us
Re: Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017 by Jerobans: 9:59pm On Jan 03, 2017
Happy New Year to you guys. Any news so far?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Before You Sign That Offer Letter – PART I / GE Nigeria Graduate & Experienced Job Recruitment (10 Positions) / How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.