Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss (15009 Views)

How To Ace Job Interviews Without Stress / Have You Been Attending Interviews Without Success? Come In Let's Discuss!! / 9 Things You Should Avoid During Job Interviews. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by fleps(m): 7:36am On Feb 26, 2015
I read with passion the last thread on the various excuses given in order to attend job interviews in another coy and I wondered what kind of excuse a Christian could give to honour interview invites.

Please I need opinions and experiences from Christians (or Muslims) who consider and see lying as sin and cannot for any reason (even a Shell interview) compromise their faith.

Last year I have had to turn down two invites because I had no means of honouring it. I applied for one and I was poached for the other. Though I did not reschedule the later because I didn't want it. But in scenarios like these, what should a faithful Christian do?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by MissIndependent(f): 8:50am On Feb 26, 2015
There is nothing else you can do. The only thing you can do is to tell your boss the truth and if he/she didn't allow you, then forget it!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by barbiegirl4luv(f): 8:57am On Feb 26, 2015
Tell ur boss that u r going for a job interview #shikena# shocked

1 Like

Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by prelinctus: 8:59am On Feb 26, 2015
You can't have your cake and eat it. Stick to your job, never lie.

2 Likes

Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by Nobody: 9:46am On Feb 26, 2015
prelinctus:
You can't have your cake and eat it. Stick to your job, never lie.
MissIndependent:
There is nothing else you can do. The only thing you can do is to tell your boss the truth and if he/she didn't allow you, then forget it!
barbiegirl4luv:
MissIndependent:
These have given you the perfect answer... what many fail to realise is that God is the one who elevates his children and when your time comes, nothing in hell or on earth can stop your elevation if you follow through in honesty and integrity. THE FRUIT OF HONESTY IS GOD'S BLESSING.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by WENGERNOMICS(m): 10:09am On Feb 26, 2015
fleps:
I read with passion the last thread on the various excuses given in order to attend job interviews in another coy and I wondered what kind of excuse a Christian could give to honour interview invites.

Please I need opinions and experiences from Christians (or Muslims) who consider and see lying as sin and cannot for any reason (even a Shell interview) compromise their faith.

Last year I have had to turn down two invites because I had no means of honouring it. I applied for one and I was poached for the other. Though I did not reschedule the later because I didn't want it. But in scenarios like these, what should a faithful Christian do?

Bros, Christianity does not connote stupidity. When God sent Samuel to anoint David, Samuel told God that Saul the King would kill him if he hears he went to anoint David. God told Saul to go to the town where David's family was and say he has come to sacrifice to the Lord. And then use the oppourtunity to anoint David. And it worked. Samuel went, asked all the old men to accompany him to sacrifice to the Lord in the house of Jesse and there he anointed David. I cant even remember if a sacrifice was eventually done.

Point is: Did God lie? No. Did Samuel Lie: No. All you have to do if you have an Interview is to pray to God to make a way for you to be there. When the day comes: Tell your supervisor you have to go and do a transaction in the bank or you have to take your baby brother for a medical check-up. ENSURE you go to the bank and do a transaction or you book a hospital visit for that day.......then go for the interview. When you are asked where you went to.....You went to do a banking transaction and show them the transaction you went to do.

The truth is that if the Job is truly for you, God will make a way and you would find yourself there. You don't need to lie that you are sick or your father died......except you have plans to be truly sick or to kill your father etc.

If anyone thinks this is dishonest or a lie, try asking God how he performed it in 1st Samuel 16 and 17.

71 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by prelinctus: 10:21am On Feb 26, 2015
WENGERNOMICS:

Bros, Christianity does not connote stupidity. When God sent Samuel to anoint David, Samuel told God that Saul the King would kill him if he hears he went to anoint David. God told Saul to go to the town where David's family was and say he has come to sacrifice to the Lord. And then use the oppourtunity to anoint David. And it worked. Samuel went, asked all the old men to accompany him to sacrifice to the Lord in the house of Jesse and there he anointed David. I cant even remember if a sacrifice was eventually done.

Point is: Did God lie? No. Did Samuel Lie: No. All you have to do if you have an Interview is to pray to God to make a way for you to be there. When the day comes: Tell your supervisor you have to go and do a transaction in the bank or you have to take your baby brother for a medical check-up. ENSURE you go to the bank and do a transaction or you book a hospital visit for that day.......then go for the interview. When you are asked where you went to.....You went to do a banking transaction and show them the transaction you went to do.

The truth is that if the Job is truly for you, God will make a way and you would find yourself there. You don't need to lie that you are sick or your father died......except you have plans to be truly sick or to kill your father etc.

If anyone thinks this is dishonest or a lie, try asking God how he performed it in 1st Samuel 16 and 17.
Nice one. Can you also enlighten me on the case of Abraham and Sarah where God told Abraham to say that Sarah(his wife) was his sister? Wasn't that a lie?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by Nobody: 10:42am On Feb 26, 2015
prelinctus:

Nice one. Can you also enlighten me on the case of Abraham and Sarah where God told Abraham to say that Sarah(his wife) was his sister? Wasn't that a lie?
did God tell Abraham to say that? please Cross check.
yes Sarah is his sister. go back and read your bible. it wasn't a lie.

21 Likes

Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by prelinctus: 10:49am On Feb 26, 2015
shyna01:

did God tell Abraham to say that? please Cross check.
yes Sarah is his sister. go back and read your bible. it wasn't a lie.
That's why I said you should enlighten me. Everybody is not a christian.
If Sarah is his sister, I guess he married his sister then. Is that right?
Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by hopedavid(f): 10:55am On Feb 26, 2015
prelinctus:

That was a very long time ago, before God gave laws about incest. So it wasn't wrong that he married his sister. It was much much later when Israel had become a large nation, incest became wrong.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by Nobody: 11:03am On Feb 26, 2015
prelinctus:

his half-sister actually. it was still allowed in their dispensation.

1 Like

Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by meetndee(m): 11:05am On Feb 26, 2015
prelinctus:

That was not a lie Abraham and sarah had the same father but different mother so they were related
Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by Nobody: 11:10am On Feb 26, 2015
prelinctus:

You say you not a Christian?
which religion do you belong to or are you an atheist?
Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by jnrprof(m): 11:18am On Feb 26, 2015
I'll share my own experience.

When i was invited for a meeting for my present job, i was given the opportunity to choose the time i wanted to come. I chose to come by 8am. The company is in Victoria Island (Lagos), while the company i was in then was in Ikeja. Off course i didn't want to lie. So the next morning all i did was to send an sms to my manager that i was going to be late that morning because i had to handle something urgent. As God would have it, there were no questions raised as to what exactly i had to do. When such interviews come ones way, just pray for favour and direction, and you'll see that the whole thing goes smoothly without you having to lie at all

18 Likes

Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by Nobody: 11:26am On Feb 26, 2015
prelinctus:

Was it God that told Abraham to lie? Can't remember reading it that way in the bible. Seems like it was Abraham that lied on his own before God stepped in to stop d king from sleeping with Sarah.

1 Like

Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by prelinctus: 11:43am On Feb 26, 2015
Thanks all for the clarification. I guess nobody lied then. Moral of the story: Find a clever way to always get out of a precarious situation without having to lie. Cheers.

@shyna01, I didn't say that now, did I?

3 Likes

Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by fleps(m): 1:12pm On Feb 26, 2015
jnrprof:
I'll share my own experience.

When i was invited for a meeting for my present job, i was given the opportunity to choose the time i wanted to come. I chose to come by 8am. The company is in Victoria Island (Lagos), while the company i was in then was in Ikeja. Off course i didn't want to lie. So the next morning all i did was to send an sms to my manager that i was going to be late that morning because i had to handle something urgent. As God would have it, there were no questions raised as to what exactly i had to do. When such interviews come ones way, just pray for favour and direction, and you'll see that the whole thing goes smoothly without you having to lie at all

Wow! That is favour! To be granted the grace to choose your own interview time.

4 Likes

Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by fleps(m): 1:13pm On Feb 26, 2015
MissIndependent:

Hmmm! It is not just if he/she don't allow, it may even result in one's removal or close marking.
Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by fleps(m): 1:14pm On Feb 26, 2015
barbiegirl4luv:

Suicide mission!
Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by fleps(m): 1:16pm On Feb 26, 2015
WENGERNOMICS:

I have thought of the quoted once. I think for now it is a way to reason out.

The truth is that the management know that I cannot lie. There are some activities (Dance Parties etc) even in the firm that everyone know me for who I am and know I will not involve.

1 Like

Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by oneda(m): 1:49pm On Feb 26, 2015
Any job that is yours wouldn't need lies to be secured...

2 Likes

Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by Nobody: 1:49pm On Feb 26, 2015
undecided

TELL HIM YOU WANT TO GO FOR AN INTERVIEW . THAT WAY YOU HAVE SPOKEN THE TRUTH LIKE A TRUE CHRISTIAN grin

4 Likes

Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by oluwagadaffi(m): 1:50pm On Feb 26, 2015
Just be born again,
Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by fpeter(f): 1:50pm On Feb 26, 2015
take a day off to attend to personal matters.

2 Likes

Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by chinex276(m): 1:50pm On Feb 26, 2015
if u ask me, na who i go ask
Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by keifiuz: 1:51pm On Feb 26, 2015
By telling the truth
Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by omonla555: 1:51pm On Feb 26, 2015
Tell him and you are fired
Re: How Can Christian Attend Job Interviews Without Lying To His Boss by toluwaniyahoo(f): 1:52pm On Feb 26, 2015
Simple

Apply wisdom proverb 4 vs 7

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

GE Nigeria Graduate & Experienced Job Recruitment (10 Positions) / How Relevant Is Online Certificate To One's CV?? / List Of N-Power Batch C Focal Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.