Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! (90264 Views)

Is Esu Really Satan? By Babalawo Familusi Awolola / Photos - Super Eagles: Dopest Foreign Afonja (Jagun) Begs The Gods! / 12 Things To Remember In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by FTbomb(m): 9:21pm On Oct 29, 2016
he's gainfully employed. homeboy babalawo. how can i apply sef? would sango and amadioha accept me
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 29, 2016
BakireBulmaker:

After going through the thread below created by your brother, I am sure you will come and apologise to me...

https://www.nairaland.com/3419125/dangote-ooni-ogunwusi-oyegun-oba
Will not be clicking on the link. I've got better things to do. I've made my point and I rest my case. No apologies
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by omonnakoda: 9:36pm On Oct 29, 2016
RaeMystix:
The Babalawos of Nigeria ought to take a leaf out of this man's book. I mean how in the world does one make so many folks rich, yet live in un finished and old buildings?. Such always bothers me lol. grin
I doubt that you really know what Babalawos are .They are not there to make people rich.Maybe you are thinking of Oniseguns or something else. And where do you get this notion of Babalawos in unfinished buildings. That is quite funny .
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by peaceonearth(m): 9:44pm On Oct 29, 2016
AreaFada2:
Soon we will be acusing oyinbo of stealing our culture. That they should return it. cool

Whereas we are busy destroying shrines and forming holier than the pope now. shocked

Give it just 30 years, foreigners will start making money from our abandoned culture.

That is black man for you. Always playing victim card, while remaining shortsighted. embarassed

Sadly bro, it's already happening. Oluwo Philip Neimark (www.ifafoundation.org) is already making far more than any Nigerian Babalawo can even dream of from sales of books, traditional accessories and tourism at his Orisa Gardens alone apart from his consultation and initiation charges. It's happening already! One American that was initiated recently in Nigeria actually said they may eventually be the ones that will come back to propagate Ifa in Africa and start teaching us our history and heritage. We simply do not appreciate what we have. Just like our fathers were sitting on gold and crude oil and enduring poverty before the white explorers came in and turned their fortune around, we are also resting our asses on Ifa and other cultural heritage that can change our fortune.

1 Like

Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by AreaFada2: 9:45pm On Oct 29, 2016
peaceonearth:

Sadly bro, it's already happening. Oluwo Philip Neimark (www.ifafoundation.org) is already making far more than any Nigerian Babalawo can even dream of from sales of books, traditional accessories and tourism at his Orisa Gardens alone apart from his consultation and initiation charges. It's happening already! One American that was initiated recently in Nigeria actually said they may eventually be the ones that will come back to propagate Ifa in Africa and start teaching us our history and heritage. We simply do not appreciate what we have. Just like our fathers were sitting on gold and crude oil and enduring poverty before the white explorers came in and turned their fortune around, we are also resting our asses on Ifa and other cultural heritage that can change our fortune.

Wow! I never knew.
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by dominique(f): 9:49pm On Oct 29, 2016
wristbangle:

Dominique sef cool

Wetin I do? undecided
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by Abeyjide: 9:57pm On Oct 29, 2016
martineinstein:
babalawos from brazil and cuba are neat and clean.....unlike those from s/west

so you 've visited one before?

1 Like

Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by Kingbuhari(m): 10:05pm On Oct 29, 2016
GooseBaba:

Yes na....! Answer please...
Awo what is ur Q
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by faitheverest(f): 10:15pm On Oct 29, 2016
GooseBaba:

That makes you anti babalawo... So no big deal.

Nna, no big deal...
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by madridguy(m): 10:42pm On Oct 29, 2016
Branded Babalawo.
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by peaceonearth(m): 10:45pm On Oct 29, 2016
RaeMystix:
The Babalawos of Nigeria ought to take a leaf out of this man's book. I mean how in the world does one make so many folks rich, yet live in un finished and old buildings?. Such always bothers me lol. grin

Firstly, no Babalawo or Onisegun can make you rich. Only your ''Ori'' can make you rich. The best a Babalawo can do is help you find ''the path'' to actualising your dreams. If you are alluding to money rituals, no genuine Babalawo will ever have anything to do with money rituals. There are numerous Odus of Ifa warning seriously against money rituals. Money rituals belong to the evil cults consisting mainly of ignorant Oniseguns and so called 'Alfas'. Most of those Oniseguns and 'Alfas' inherited, copied or stole books containing how to do those rituals. They are ignorant of all the intricacies associated with those rituals, how they work and their consequencies. That's why most of them will not even dare try it on themselves but will do it for the fools that come to them.

Babalawos (the genuine ones and not those who are just prading themselves as Babalawo with no knowledge of Ifa) on the other hand know all that is associated with such rituals and their consequencies. This is why when you go to them for money rituals, they'll never do it and will warn you against it. They'll rather help you consult Ifa on how you can awaken your ''Ori' to lead you to fortune.

Lastly, genuine Babalawos don't run after money. Part of the first thing you'll learn in the course of your training as Babalawo is not to make money your motivator. Your focus should be on helping people find solution to their problems. When you focus on that, money will keep chasing you everywhere you go. And for the records, there are very rich Babalawos in Nigeria. Most of them don't just show off their wealth because of their deep knowledge about life. Apart from their riches, they are well connected and can pull strings where you can never imagine. Their deep knowledge about life however makes them very humble and prefer living a modest life because they know it's all vanity.
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by daveP(m): 11:50pm On Oct 29, 2016
RaeMystix:
Lmao you funny, iffai hear say they wan lose their fear factor cos of swag. those blood shot eyes, fat layering tummy and over crancanized dentition due to Kola dependence.... grin

1 Like

Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by RaeMystix: 11:52pm On Oct 29, 2016
Bollinger:

Only hard work can make you rich. Anyone who believes otherwise is a danger to society and needs their heads examined.
Well said.

1 Like

Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by RaeMystix: 11:54pm On Oct 29, 2016
daveP:
Lmao you funny, iffai hear say they wan lose their fear factor cos of swag. those blood shot eyes, fat layering tummy and over crancanized dentition due to Kola dependence.... grin

Na you talk ham oh grin.
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by RaeMystix: 11:57pm On Oct 29, 2016
omonnakoda:

I doubt that you really know what Babalawos are .They are not there to make people rich.Maybe you are thinking of Oniseguns or something else. And where do you get this notion of Babalawos in unfinished buildings. That is quite funny .
Clearly I know little about Babalawos, but the little I know about the old or unfinished houses is quite a norm for such people. Perhaps just the one's in Nigeria.
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by RaeMystix: 11:58pm On Oct 29, 2016
peaceonearth:

Firstly, no Babalawo or Onisegun can make you rich. Only your ''Ori'' can make you rich. The best a Babalawo can do is help you find ''the path'' to actualising your dreams. If you are alluding to money rituals, no genuine Babalawo will ever have anything to do with money rituals. There are numerous Odus of Ifa warning seriously against money rituals. Money rituals belong to the evil cults consisting mainly of ignorant Oniseguns and so called 'Alfas'. Most of those Oniseguns and 'Alfas' inherited, copied or stole books containing how to do those rituals. They are ignorant of all the intricacies associated with those rituals, how they work and their consequencies. That's why most of them will not even dare try it on themselves but will do it for the fools that come to them.

Babalawos (the genuine ones and not those who are just prading themselves as Babalawo with no knowledge of Ifa) on the other hand know all that is associated with such rituals and their consequencies. This is why when you go to them for money rituals, they'll never do it and will warn you against it. They'll rather help you consult Ifa on how you can awaken your ''Ori' to lead you to fortune.

Lastly, genuine Babalawos don't run after money. Part of the first thing you'll learn in the course of your training as Babalawo is not to make money your motivator. Your focus should be on helping people find solution to their problems. When you focus on that, money will keep chasing you everywhere you go. And for the records, there are very rich Babalawos in Nigeria. Most of them don't just show off their wealth because of their deep knowledge about life. Apart from their riches, they are well connected and can pull strings where you can never imagine. Their deep knowledge about life however makes them very humble and prefer living a modest life because they know it's all vanity.

Noted!
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by daveP(m): 11:59pm On Oct 29, 2016
RaeMystix:

Na you talk ham oh grin.
His jazz can't spot me from far away.

it's funny, Brazilians call witchdoctors 'bablao'

No be me talk am o

1 Like

Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by RaeMystix: 12:00am On Oct 30, 2016
daveP:
His jazz can't spot me from far away.

it's funny, Brazilians call witchdoctors 'bablao'

No be me talk am o
I feel like i need to go get me some Mountain of Fire prayer rain just for making that comment lol.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by daveP(m): 12:02am On Oct 30, 2016
RaeMystix:

I feel like o need to go get me some Mountain of Fire prayer rain just for making that comment lol.
If that's the case, 'withdraw' for two grin

1 Like

Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by RaeMystix: 12:04am On Oct 30, 2016
daveP:
If that's the case, 'withdraw' for two grin
Hahahahaha. Noted!

1 Like

Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by Johnny19: 4:16am On Oct 30, 2016
Even the gods have gone digital grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by SAMBARRY: 5:56am On Oct 30, 2016
grin
peaceonearth:

How many Babalawo have you seen in Nigeria apart from the ones in nollywood movies? Come to Abeokuta and meet well Educated Babalawos that Initiated the likes of the one we are seeing here and other Americans that are now practicing in their country. My dad is an example, he's not only well educated but also tech savvy as he consults for some of his client outside Nigeria via skype. When you meet him outside on a normal day, you'll never know he's a Babalawo. Also, there is a group of young Babalawos at Abeokuta that is made up of mostly graduates and are taking divination to the next level. The Ifa Holy book (similar to the Bible and Quran) is on the way and apps that promote Ifa are also under development.
grin grin grin

Ifa na ti go global grin

1 Like

Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by SAMBARRY: 6:02am On Oct 30, 2016
DarkRebel101:

You are wrong -- human ritual has reduced drastically in Nigeria. And many Yahoo boys no longer rely on Yahooplus. Many of them now base their work on savvy and wiles.

I once knew a guy whom we could say fits the bill of a textbook semi-illiterate -- he also knew nada about computers back then. Today that dude is a proficient typist and speaks with an impeccable American accent. Many of these Yahoo guys do training nowadays. cheesy They rarely depend on charms and amulets.
really? grin

See upgrading o grin
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by Nobody: 6:43am On Oct 30, 2016
SAMBARRY:
really? grin

See upgrading o grin

True, I tell you. One of their many humbugs is covering their nose with a handkerchief when on phone with a Caucasian or a foreigner -- in order to make them sound more nasal and white. They have many tricks of which I am well acquainted with (Don't ask me how grin) -- it's the unimaginative ones that opt for Yahooplus, and that as we know comes with a welter of repercussions -- well, that's if you believe jazz has a way of coming back to fück you in the äss.
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by SAMBARRY: 6:47am On Oct 30, 2016
grin grin
DarkRebel101:

True, I tell you. One of their many humbugs is covering their nose with a handkerchief when on phone with a Caucasian or a foreigner -- in order to make them sound more nasal and white. They have many tricks of which I am well acquainted with (Don't ask me how I grin) -- it's the unimaginative ones that opt for Yahooplus, and that as we know comes with a welter of repercussions -- well, that's if you believe jazz has a way of coming back to fück you in the äss.
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by peaceonearth(m): 7:18am On Oct 30, 2016
SAMBARRY:
grin grin grin grin

Ifa na ti go global grin

grin O ti go global o. Even the foreigners apppreciate it more than us. Their is a village called Oyotunji in the US where the Yoruba culture and religion are practised faithfully. They even go to the extreme of giving their children Tribal marks that we have abolished here... grin
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by sweetgala(m): 7:38am On Oct 30, 2016
RaeMystix:

Because those baba alowo understand the consequence of the sacrifice in the future. They understand karma and generational curses
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by Kakamorufu(m): 7:44am On Oct 30, 2016
peaceonearth:

mehn
. I weak oooo
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by omonnakoda: 7:47am On Oct 30, 2016
RaeMystix:

Clearly I know little about Babalawos, but the little I know about the old or unfinished houses is quite a norm for such people. Perhaps just the one's in Nigeria.
What do you mean by "such people" ? How many babalawos do you know and how many have you visited at home?
You generalize without reason and honestly you are ignorant. You have not thought before talking. A very bad habit indeed.
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by BudeYahooCom: 7:51am On Oct 30, 2016
xnsandrxns:

I guess the native doctors from s/east are neat and clean
You people are just pathetic

The guy you quoted is not from the SE, infact he is one of the most cantankerous hater of the SE. Always look before leaping.
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by femiero: 10:34am On Oct 30, 2016
SAMBARRY:
the man on yellow too na babalawo? grin

Wetin handsome for im body? grin

The second man in white agbada is just there but the man he's shaking wearing facecap is one hell of a sexy man like kilode wink

See chest see abs see fresh face wink

I'm tripping tongue

The 3 of them are babalawos. The guy in yellow handsome pass many nairalanders
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by SAMBARRY: 11:21am On Oct 30, 2016
femiero:

The 3 of them are babalawos. The guy in yellow handsome pass many nairalanders
iyama.I'm not tripping again o.demonic man lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

List Of Yoruba Dialects / Igbo Name For Fruits / Why Do Igbos Especially The Anambrans Marry From Their Tribe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.