Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,491 members, 7,816,162 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! (90252 Views)

Is Esu Really Satan? By Babalawo Familusi Awolola / Photos - Super Eagles: Dopest Foreign Afonja (Jagun) Begs The Gods! / 12 Things To Remember In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by SAMBARRY: 11:23am On Oct 30, 2016
peaceonearth:

grin O ti go global o. Even the foreigners apppreciate it more than us. Their is a village called Oyotunji in the US where the Yoruba culture and religion are practised faithfully. They even go to the extreme of giving their children Tribal marks that we have abolished here... grin
hiannn grin lipsrsealed
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by EEVICTOREE(m): 11:42am On Oct 30, 2016
Its just so sad that Nigerians still hide or goes under G to consult all these Babalawo in Nigeria. If you are proud of what you are doing why hide it? This guy is proud of it and he is not ashamed to show it to the world. In countries like India, China and so on.. They placed their shrine at there working place, home and even in a residential condos for public use. If you are proud of what you do there is no need to hide it. Just my thought for my 9ja people that worship or do things this way.
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by RaeMystix: 12:31pm On Oct 30, 2016
omonnakoda:
What do you mean by "such people" ? How many babalawos do you know and how many have you visited at home?
You generalize without reason and honestly you are ignorant. You have not thought before talking. A very bad habit indeed.
K!
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by RaeMystix: 12:32pm On Oct 30, 2016
sweetgala:

Because those baba alowo understand the consequence of the sacrifice in the future. They understand karma and generational curses
Got it.
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by GooseBaba: 2:59pm On Oct 30, 2016
Kingbuhari:
Awo what is ur Q

Stop your dribbling answer the question....
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by Kingbuhari(m): 3:25pm On Oct 30, 2016
GooseBaba:

Stop your dribbling answer the question....

Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by nymphomaniac(m): 6:36pm On Oct 30, 2016
I swear one babalawo sent me friend request...d way I deleted him sharply while laughing eh...Facebook o for that matter
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by babyfaceafrica: 7:11pm On Oct 30, 2016
SAMBARRY:
can't you see he's refined. It's glaringly obvious and it has nothing to do with his skin.I've actually never seen a civilized babalawos before in Africa . Most of them are illiterates formal education wise,look dirty impoverished and smelling
google professor Wande Abimbola.....former VC of OAU....he is an awise babalawo agbaye...a very senior babalawo......you people should stop believing all you see on TV
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by omonnakoda: 7:36pm On Oct 30, 2016
SAMBARRY:
can't you see he's refined. It's glaringly obvious and it has nothing to do with his skin.I've actually never seen a civilized babalawos before in Africa . Most of them are illiterates formal education wise,look dirty impoverished and smelling
This is a very unfortunate remark "refined, civilized" HMM

What are the standards of refinement and civilization? You still have a long way to go in raising your consciousness and getting really educated? Those things are indeed a state of mind which is still quite far from you at this TIME
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by omonnakoda: 7:37pm On Oct 30, 2016
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by SAMBARRY: 9:55pm On Oct 30, 2016
omonnakoda:
This is a very unfortunate remark "refined, civilized" HMM

What are the standards of refinement and civilization? You still have a long way to go in raising your consciousness and getting really educated? Those things are indeed a state of mind which is still quite far from you at this TIME
a babalawo is a trade like any other trade OF say selling palmoil ,electronics or whatever. The motive of the seller is to make money and attract more customers to himself abi? So he obviously needs to rebrand,toosh up his shop make his shop and product look attractive and inviting for his customers. Even HE himself has to dress well but in a situation where you want to patronize a seller but he's looking tattered,dirty,his shop is filled with all manners of debris,choked up and disgusting sights every where. You don't know whether you're in a dumpsite or a mad person's house. You will see all manners of thrash hung on the ceiling, walls.infact the outside is a mud house so where he wants take do ceiling na kpan roof.

The description I gave is the work place OF a babalawo in Africa. Them no get packaging at all.that's what I mean by they're unrefined and uncivilized .their teeth is an eyesore,very black. Only God knows when toothbrush touch the teeth last. Everything about Them is just too crude
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by SAMBARRY: 9:59pm On Oct 30, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
google professor Wande Abimbola.....former VC of OAU....he is an awise babalawo agbaye...a very senior babalawo......you people should stop believing all you see on TV
really? shocked grin
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by babyfaceafrica: 10:13pm On Oct 30, 2016
SAMBARRY:
really? shocked grin
Wándé Abímbọ́lá (born 24 December 1932)[1] is a Nigerian academician, a professor of Yoruba language and literature, and former Vice-Chancellor of the University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University), and has also served as the Majority Leader of the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. He was installed as Àwísẹ Awo Àgbàyé in 1981 by the Ooni of Ife on the recommendation of a conclave of Babalawos of Yorubaland.

https://www.nairaland.com/1420282/babalawo-exclusive-interview-prof-wande

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wande_Abimbola
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by SAMBARRY: 10:20pm On Oct 30, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Wándé Abímbọ́lá (born 24 December 1932)[1] is a Nigerian academician, a professor of Yoruba language and literature, and former Vice-Chancellor of the University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University), and has also served as the Majority Leader of the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. He was installed as Àwísẹ Awo Àgbàyé in 1981 by the Ooni of Ife on the recommendation of a conclave of Babalawos of Yorubaland.

https://www.nairaland.com/1420282/babalawo-exclusive-interview-prof-wande

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wande_Abimbola
wow.his pedigree looks good shocked
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by omonnakoda: 10:54pm On Oct 30, 2016
SAMBARRY:
a babalawo is a trade like any other trade OF say selling palmoil ,electronics or whatever. The motive of the seller is to make money and attract more customers to himself abi? So he obviously needs to rebrand,toosh up his shop make his shop and product look attractive and inviting for his customers. Even HE himself has to dress well but in a situation where you want to patronize a seller but he's looking tattered,dirty,his shop is filled with all manners of debris,choked up and disgusting sights every where. You don't know whether you're in a dumpsite or a mad person's house. You will see all manners of thrash hung on the ceiling, walls.infact the outside is a mud house so where he wants take do ceiling na kpan roof.

The description I gave is the work place OF a babalawo in Africa. Them no get packaging at all.that's what I mean by they're unrefined and uncivilized .their teeth is an eyesore,very black. Only God knows when toothbrush touch the teeth last. Everything about Them is just too crude
You are ignorant and proud of it. Babalawo is not a trade like selling palm oil. Some people do it full time others do not .Many are university graduates and so on. Wande Abimbola a prominent Awo is also a former Vice Chancellor of the University of Ife.
There are quite a few on Nairaland. More learned and prosperous than you can ever be. I advice you to cultivate the habit of saying less than you know that is how we know a wise person.A foolish person always says more than he knows.
Your English is embarrassing and I am sure it would be the same for any other language that you speak yet you talk about "packaging".
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by laudate: 1:30pm On Oct 31, 2016
michael142:
This is an IFA priest. In brazil IFA is called santos. IFA is the greatest of all deities. Its also the only diety in Nigeria that loves development and progression. It gives his priest free will to develop themselves with western ideas. IFA is white witchcraft.
Ifa olukun asuru da yo
SAMBARRY:
LMao. This one na upgraded babalawo on fleek grin

Babalawo with body tatoos wey dey smoke grin

He's handsome though. And not as crude and barbaric as his counterparts in Africa that look so impoverished and haggard

This white babalawo is just a scammer. I bet he uses hypnotism and auto-suggestion to enchant his adherents. How many success stories have been attributed to him? How many testimonies have been attributed to his powers. How many references? Na oyinbo 419 be dis one, o jare! undecided Poof!
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by omonnakoda: 2:24pm On Oct 31, 2016
laudate:

This white babalawo is just a scammer. I bet he uses hypnotism and auto-suggestion to enchant his adherents. How many success stories have been attributed to him? How many testimonies have been attributed to his powers. How many references? Na oyinbo 419 be dis one, o jare! undecided Poof!
Babalawos do not claim to have powers. They are priests and they pray for people according to their religious practices and sometimes people believe those prayers are answered. The greater part of a Babalawo's work involves helping people find alignment with their inner selves. They can help with many psychological and emotional problems and their methods are not magical or supernatural.Those people who offer magical powers and miraculous outcomes generally are not Babalawos. I think a large number of people have been indoctrinated and have grave misconceptions about our traditional religions.

1 Like

Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by Oluwalosheleyi(m): 9:19pm On Oct 31, 2016
Udochee:
jasified àláwó
The marks on the "alawo" is very wrong, you wrote it as do-mi-mi instead of re-mi-re.
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by Udochee(m): 9:24pm On Oct 31, 2016
Oluwalosheleyi:
you wrote it as do-mi-mi instead of re-mi-re.
thanx boss..noted
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by omonnakoda: 11:35pm On Nov 01, 2016
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by omonnakoda: 11:48pm On Nov 01, 2016
Re: Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! by Oluwalosheleyi(m): 9:17am On Nov 03, 2016
Udochee:
thanx boss..noted
Any time bro.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

List Of Yoruba Dialects / Igbo Name For Fruits / Why Do Igbos Especially The Anambrans Marry From Their Tribe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.