Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,530 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Please Help Review My CV - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Help Review My CV (25515 Views)

How do I add over 125 online certificates to my CV / Update: I Need Help In Tweaking My CV / Please I Need Help With My Cv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Review My CV by ncoolsome(m): 7:24pm On Nov 09, 2016
publicworky:
Greetings fellow nairalanders, I have decided to start seeking for another job and as usual, I need help from senior friends here on this great forum.

Please help me review my CV.
Also, don't go easy on me and at the same time kindly encourage the good things.

Thank you as you help a brother.

cnt find ur state of origin..i might be mistaken
Re: Please Help Review My CV by publicworky: 7:58pm On Nov 09, 2016
dozofavour:

Too many lie add in your cv. The time u graduated served are nothing like with your educational background. And it's too lengthy only a patient Hr manger will go through all these
There is no single lie on my CV, if you don't understand how something came to be, you simply ask? Instead of trying to be funny.
Secondly, you said it is lengthy, shocked I have not even added achievements to each of the relevant experiences someone is already complaining, lol

ncoolsome:

cnt find ur state of origin..i might be mistaken
You are not, it is a waste of space. I simply omitted it.
Re: Please Help Review My CV by publicworky: 8:38pm On Nov 09, 2016
Dipobond:
1.Why not put the LinkedIn address and Website at the top along with your name & address. For international jobs scrap the Personal data.
2. For the Work experience, you can start with power words in past tense...e.g Managed, designed, audited... ATS sometimes pick up these words...2a...more like job description... You can put your achievements in the 2 page along with your work experience..and few bullet points..3 bullet point should be enough.
3. You can also write some of the words in Full:...Oct- October. /Admin..
4.Lovely profile summary, but try to be more specific..
5. Education qualifications and certification lovely.
6.Your can change the Transferrable skills title to something like Technical Skills/ Additional skills.
7.Coreldraw instead of Corel draw - no space... Web design...avoid too much -ing..
8. Achievements should be at the top before work experience or integrate into your work experience..
9. Character deposition.. You can leave it but not really necessary.
10. For the interest, You can make IT interest and activities..blogging, book review and contributor to spiceworks magazine..etc
11. Add the references or scrap available on request. Not really necessary nowadays.

Overall, fantastic CV.

Thank you so much sir for the suggestions.

Nairaland is such a great place to be
Re: Please Help Review My CV by ephi123(f): 12:41pm On Nov 10, 2016
publicworky:
Greetings fellow nairalanders, I have decided to start seeking for another job and as usual, I need help from senior friends here on this great forum.

Please help me review my CV.
Also, don't go easy on me and at the same time kindly encourage the good things.

Thank you as you help a brother.

I read through other comments and pretty much every one else has mentioned the few minor corrections I had.
The use of colour is really good because it prevents reading the CV from becoming a bore.
Good one.
Re: Please Help Review My CV by publicworky: 1:38pm On Nov 10, 2016
ephi123:

I read through other comments and pretty much every one else has mentioned the few minor corrections I had.
The use of colour is really good because it prevents reading the CV from becoming a bore.
Good one.

Thank you ma'am,
I didn't see the use of colour from that aspect though (not until now), I just wanted to have my favorite colour somehow on my CV, now I guess it has become a plus

1 Like

Re: Please Help Review My CV by duke3d(m): 7:14am On Mar 31, 2017
http://emmonnigeriandesign.

...Just think it, we'll design it
Re: Please Help Review My CV by writingpal: 2:06pm On Jul 01, 2022
Get Free Professional Resume Samples in your field to give you a guide and help you construct a good resume. Incase you also need another pair of eyes to edit and proofread what you've drafted. Feel Free to Call/WhatsApp +2348135305367
We have helped thousands of applicants get their dream jobs or transition to tech or a new Career.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Don’t Nigerian Employers Adopt Hourly Pay? / How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) / Driver Returns Missing Wallet With Cash To Passenger (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.