Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,162 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Please Help Review My CV - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Help Review My CV (25446 Views)

How do I add over 125 online certificates to my CV / Update: I Need Help In Tweaking My CV / Please I Need Help With My Cv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Review My CV by ADRILL(m): 7:22am On Nov 09, 2016
I think you should chronologically arrange your qualifications according to their dates PROPERLY...

Lastly, check your spellings scrupulously e.g ''... boasting record integrity by 95%", I think the word should be BOOSTING. You don't want to tell your interviewer that you can't spell or proof read properly.

Cool achievements by the way... #DropsPen

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Review My CV by ADRILL(m): 7:23am On Nov 09, 2016
I think you should chronologically arrange your qualifications according to their dates, PROPERLY...

Lastly, check your spellings scrupulously e.g ''... boasting record integrity by 95%", I think the word should be BOOSTING. You don't want to tell your interviewer that you can't spell or proof read properly.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Review My CV by dauddy97(m): 7:25am On Nov 09, 2016
when I saw badagry grammar school, I was like awa omo badagry
love, your cv is good to go

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Review My CV by lyricalz: 7:40am On Nov 09, 2016
I intended hiring this dude, but he erased all the necessary details needed, including his contact.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Review My CV by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 09, 2016
Your CV Is good bro the only error I'm seeing is 2nd of March.... Your 'nd' must be on same level with the '2' since you are referring to a 'Date' and not a 'position'.... Then there is no need for the 'of'... Your Date should look like this.. (2nd March, 1993) be mindful of the comma(,) after 'March' it is very important.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Review My CV by julyb(m): 8:01am On Nov 09, 2016
Your 2 most recent experience is good enough on thatvcv.Every other one and your Nysc is no more relevant.then your achievements should follow.
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Review My CV by 2el(m): 8:02am On Nov 09, 2016
pls can any1 recommend a good app for me that will aid in creating a CV...
not paid app.
Re: Please Help Review My CV by publicworky: 8:28am On Nov 09, 2016
Welcomme:
U are 23 and u started working since 2005....Kontinue....

My mum has a retail store here in lagos, there I sell for her along with others since I was in secondary school

1 Like

Re: Please Help Review My CV by oladefirst2(m): 8:43am On Nov 09, 2016
Those boxes u made use of should be deleted. You are not working on excel my brother.Nice Cv

1 Like

Re: Please Help Review My CV by jcflex(m): 9:52am On Nov 09, 2016
Learning one or two things
Re: Please Help Review My CV by Chicjennie(f): 9:53am On Nov 09, 2016
Please, owe no one an explanation. However, I do not think that your sales boy work experience is necessary.
publicworky:

My mum has a retail store here in lagos, there I sell for her along with others since I was in secondary school
Re: Please Help Review My CV by oluwatosin67: 10:22am On Nov 09, 2016
U shud replace bi for multilingual., Yoruba is a language too.,yes,,its not an offiicial lang. But its a language,,it means u can work conveniently work in SW part of the country.
Re: Please Help Review My CV by YESAfrica(m): 10:33am On Nov 09, 2016
Learn All you Need Know about Employability and Entrepreneurship at the Business School Netherlands Youth Empowerment Scheme AFRICA #bsnYesAfrica

REGISTRATION AND PARTICIPATION IS FREE

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1wEDllVOQtRMdSadx7zIAIGyrd6E_X6kL4G8WoXE0LMw/edit?ts=5818ea39

Re: Please Help Review My CV by ndPeter(m): 11:02am On Nov 09, 2016
Your cv should be adaptable, that is, Try to include relevant experiences depending on the job you are applying for.
Or depending on the organisation you're applying to. Don't just cram everything on it.

Instead of his stating the functions you performed under each job,
State your achievements instead and quantify them if possible.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help Review My CV by duke3d(m): 11:45am On Nov 09, 2016
www.emmonnigeriandesigns..com

...Just think it, we'll design it!
Re: Please Help Review My CV by publicworky: 12:12pm On Nov 09, 2016
Thank you for taking out time to reply, please I need few clarifications

Sixkobo:
Publicworky
...2. Mission statement/Objective
Don't use same Objective for all job you are applying., tailor it to suit the one you are applying...

Your mission statement is a summary of who you are, where you’ve studied and have worked, and what you will be bringing to the job if hired.
I apply for virtually the same type of jobs (accounting jobs only), I guess I won't really need to be changing my mission statement?
What do you think of my current mission statement?

Sixkobo:
...According to your CV you started working at the age of 11 where you are suppose to be in school... Please delete the age above... Let them invite you for interview to know instead of lying on your CV.
I don't know why I don't like this part, probably because of the passed judgement without any evidence.

Thank you anyway.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Review My CV by publicworky: 12:19pm On Nov 09, 2016
Fairgodwin:
Please take note of these minor but hugely significant errors:
"precedes over community development meetings" - you preside not precede. So it is, 'presides over community development meetings.'
"boasting record integrity by 95%" - you boost not boast. So it should also be, 'boosting record integrity by 95%.'

I love your CV by the way, and I admire it.

Cc: publicworky

Error corrected.
Thank you so much.
Re: Please Help Review My CV by Fairgodwin(m): 12:20pm On Nov 09, 2016
publicworky:

Error corrected.
Thank you so much.

You're quite welcome.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Review My CV by publicworky: 12:28pm On Nov 09, 2016
Fairgodwin:
Please take note of these minor but hugely significant errors:
"precedes over community development meetings" - you preside not precede. So it is, 'presides over community development meetings.'
"boasting record integrity by 95%" - you boost not boast. So it should also be, 'boosting record integrity by 95%.'

I love your CV by the way, and I admire it.

Cc: publicworky

Error corrected.
Thank you so much.

bamidele74:

(1) I think that Educational and Professional Qualifications should come immediately after Bio-data...

Education and Qualification coming after bio-data... Isn't that for entry level CVs?
Thank you sir, I really appreciate

Welcomme:
Sales boy at 12 years...make e continue
Funny, but seriously, my environment was the key.
I'm sorry if you can't relate with it probably because in your case, after school you go home to sleep and wait to be spoon fed.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Review My CV by publicworky: 12:40pm On Nov 09, 2016
Vinakok:

Change the verbs in all your past work experience to past tense.

Why is your ICAN qualification showing "in view" as at 2015? Just curious
Thank you, I can't believe I didn't take note of the verb, thank you so much.
I'm an Economics graduate, so I started from "Foundation" (PE1)
Re: Please Help Review My CV by publicworky: 12:43pm On Nov 09, 2016
dauddy97:
when I saw badagry grammar school, I was like awa omo badagry
love, your cv is good to go
Lol. Thank you for the contribution cheesy

1 Like

Re: Please Help Review My CV by publicworky: 12:50pm On Nov 09, 2016
ADRILL:
I think you should chronologically arrange your qualifications according to their dates, PROPERLY...

Arrange "Properly" as in? You mean, the 'in view' should come up I guess?

Error noted. Mistakes make us human, that is why I posted my CV here in the first place.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your contribution.
Re: Please Help Review My CV by publicworky: 12:56pm On Nov 09, 2016
lyricalz:
I intended hiring this dude, but he erased all the necessary details needed, including his contact.
The reason for the erased details is obvious.
I just sent you a pm
My public mail however, is publicworky@gmail.com
Re: Please Help Review My CV by publicworky: 12:56pm On Nov 09, 2016
bimofalad:
Your CV Is good bro the only error I'm seeing is 2nd of March.... Your 'nd' must be on same level with the '2' since you are referring to a 'Date' and not a 'position'.... Then there is no need for the 'of'... Your Date should look like this.. (2nd March, 1993) be mindful of the comma(,) after 'March' it is very important.
Thank you so much
Re: Please Help Review My CV by publicworky: 1:05pm On Nov 09, 2016
Chicjennie:
Please, owe no one an explanation. However, I do not think that your sales boy work experience is necessary.
Not really an explanation though, I made my CV public, so in as much as it is not a sensitive question, I can decide to give an answer.

Even though it has no DIRECT relationship with my CV's focus, it's still a strong point(in it own way). It show a lot, like: long time market familiarity, etc

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Review My CV by Dparagon(m): 1:11pm On Nov 09, 2016
Nice layout with good action words/verbs. You could as well move your linkedin profile just below your email address above. And aside your current work experience, using 'past tense' to describe your previous work would be ideal while maintaining your action verbs; thus
Prepares > Prepared, Manages > managed etc. Like someone earlier suggested, highlighting your achievements/accomplishment rather than duties is ok.

All the same, nobody is perfect. Take every correction(s) and constructive criticism as a motivation towards being better.

Don't forget: God First in everything.

Best regards

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Review My CV by publicworky: 1:44pm On Nov 09, 2016
Dparagon:
Nice layout with good action words/verbs. You could as well move your linkedin profile just below your email address above. And aside your current work experience, using 'past tense' to describe your previous work would be ideal while maintaining your action verbs; thus
Prepares > Prepared, Manages > managed etc. Like someone earlier suggested, highlighting your achievements/accomplishment rather than duties is ok.

All the same, nobody is perfect. Take every correction(s) and constructive criticism as a motivation towards being better.

Don't forget: God First in everything.

Best regards
Thank you sir for the pointed out errors. I really appreciate
Re: Please Help Review My CV by profstar(m): 2:00pm On Nov 09, 2016
takenadoh:
why are you hiding vital info.
I guess he hides them to avoid story that touches the heart.
If you know what I mean grin
Re: Please Help Review My CV by dozofavour(m): 3:34pm On Nov 09, 2016
OmaniPadmeHum:
You could add in some deliverables to the tasks you have listed in the CV. You did all these things to what end? How did these help the organisations you worked for? What value(s) did your tasks create?

See the ''Professional Experience'' section of the attached.

Too many lie add in your cv. The time u graduated served are nothing like with your educational background. And it's too lengthy only a patient Hr manger will go through all these
Re: Please Help Review My CV by takenadoh: 5:55pm On Nov 09, 2016
profstar:
I guess he hides them to avoid story that touches the heart. If you know what I mean grin
but I know CLO for Ogun 2014

ita vague sha.
Re: Please Help Review My CV by Dipobond: 7:17pm On Nov 09, 2016
1.Why not put the LinkedIn address and Website at the top along with your name & address. For international jobs scrap the Personal data.
2. For the Work experience, you can start with power words in past tense...e.g Managed, designed, audited... ATS sometimes pick up these words...2a...more like job description... You can put your achievements in the 2 page along with your work experience..and few bullet points..3 bullet point should be enough.
3. You can also write some of the words in Full:...Oct- October. /Admin..
4.Lovely profile summary, but try to be more specific..
5. Education qualifications and certification lovely.
6.Your can change the Transferrable skills title to something like Technical Skills/ Additional skills.
7.Coreldraw instead of Corel draw - no space... Web design...avoid too much -ing..
8. Achievements should be at the top before work experience or integrate into your work experience..
9. Character deposition.. You can leave it but not really necessary.
10. For the interest, You can make IT interest and activities..blogging, book review and contributor to spiceworks magazine..etc
11. Add the references or scrap available on request. Not really necessary nowadays.

Overall, fantastic CV.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Review My CV by Divine88: 7:19pm On Nov 09, 2016
Op there is no good or bad way of writing a CV/resume anywhere, trust me people will keep on suggesting this and suggesting that to u.
But one thing u need to do is make sure you check your spellings well, use the right verb and u will be fine.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Surveyors, Builders, Architects & Estate Mgrs' Corner (Aspirants & Professionals) / Stanbic's Sola David-Borha Earns N170 Million A Year / Don’t Take Risks Without Knowing These

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.