Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,862 members, 7,824,589 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Tithe: What Belongs To Christ Vs Covetousness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithe: What Belongs To Christ Vs Covetousness (1486 Views)

Beware Of Covetousness / Pastor Adeboye Visits Samoa, Head Of State And Others Give Life To Christ / Lady Converts A Muslim Uber Driver & Leads Him To Christ. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithe: What Belongs To Christ Vs Covetousness by Boomark(m): 6:20pm On Oct 29, 2016
Do you give to Christ what belongs to him or do you encourage covetousness in church? Most of practice what we don't understand just because we feel it works for us. We care less to look critically at what we do to see if we are actually on the right part of truth.

HOW DOES CHRIST RECEIVE TITHE?

Hebrews 7:8-12
8 In the one case tithes are received by mortal men, but in the other case, by one of whom it is testified that he lives. 9 One might even say that Levi himself, who receives tithes, paid tithes through Abraham,...12 For when there is a change in the priesthood, there is necessarily a change in the law as well.

How does Christ receive tithe since mortal men no longer receive it due to change in priesthood?
Two things are clear here:
1. Mortal men were receiving tithe then
2. But now, Christ receives tithe.

So if men today still crave to receive tithe that is meant for Christ(High priest) in the manner the levites did, then they are coveting what belongs to Christ.

Tithe is a kind of mandatory giving by the Jews in those days according to the law, but God desire that Christians give cheerfully as they prosper. The only way Christ said we can give him anything cheerfully from our heart without compulsion, be it a tenth of your income, more or less, is written here:

Mt 25:41-45
41 “Then the king will say to those on his left, ‘Get away from me! God has cursed you! Go into everlasting fire that was prepared for the devil and his angels! 42 I was hungry, and you gave me nothing to eat. I was thirsty, and you gave me nothing to drink. 43 I was a stranger, and you didn’t take me into your homes. I needed clothes, and you didn’t give me anything to wear. I was sick and in prison, and you didn’t take care of me.’
44 “They, too, will ask, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or as a stranger or in need of clothes or sick or in prison and didn’t help you?’
45 “He will answer them,‘I can guarantee this truth: Whatever you failed to do for one of my brothers or sisters, no matter how unimportant they seemed , you failed to do for me.’

There is no other way. Forget what works for you in your church. Even those who performed powerful works in Mt 7:21-23 were surprised that what worked for them failed them in the end. Only the truth shall set you free.
Re: Tithe: What Belongs To Christ Vs Covetousness by sekundosekundo: 7:09pm On Oct 29, 2016
Boomark:
You came late.
Re: Tithe: What Belongs To Christ Vs Covetousness by Boomark(m): 7:38pm On Oct 29, 2016
sekundosekundo:

You came late.

Wow! good to know new comers are now getting the gist. It was tug of war before you arrived.

2 Likes

Re: Tithe: What Belongs To Christ Vs Covetousness by truthislight: 8:48pm On Nov 23, 2016
Boomark:

Wow! good to know new comers are now getting the gist. It was tug of war before you arrived.

How are you doing?

Long time man I hope you are doing well.

2 Likes

Re: Tithe: What Belongs To Christ Vs Covetousness by Boomark(m): 3:18pm On Nov 24, 2016
truthislight:

How are you doing?

Long time man I hope you are doing well.

Am doing good bro and you?

Bro, this free!cocoa girl, was she an atheist all these while? Some comments just dey surprise me. It seems believers of hell fire, etc are now embracing atheism. Have been reading the topic: Pastor to atheist.
Re: Tithe: What Belongs To Christ Vs Covetousness by truthislight: 12:24pm On Nov 29, 2016
Boomark:

Am doing good bro and you?

Bro, this free!cocoa girl, was she an atheist all these while? Some comments just dey surprise me. It seems believers of hell fire, etc are now embracing atheism. Have been reading the topic: Pastor to atheist.

I can't readily place the person you mentioned though.

However, most people that just started claiming Christianity without first studying the Bible always stand the chance of having their bubbles busted since they were never on solid foundation based on the truth consistent with the whole Bible.

And when such happens, disillusionment sets in big time, and the way they will react is highly unpredictable since it can shake one to its foundation.

To some, lost of rational reason to hang on to anything for that time being make them subscribed to virtually anything they feel is justifiably unexplainable to console themselves.

Most that turned to denial or atheism, and are honest and realist, do normally come round to research the Bible without biases and sentiments.

From hence, anything do happen.

Believing in 'Hell fire' is one of such believe that people accept owing to not doing due diligence in the study of the Bible.

Well done.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: Tithe: What Belongs To Christ Vs Covetousness by Boomark(m): 2:52pm On Nov 30, 2016
truthislight:

However, most people that just started claiming Christianity without first studying the Bible always stand the chance of having their bubbles busted since they were never on solid foundation based on the truth consistent with the whole Bible.

And when such happens, disillusionment sets in big time, and the way they will react is highly unpredictable since it can shake one to its foundation.

To some, lost of rational reason to hang on to anything for that time being make them subscribed to virtually anything they feel is justifiably unexplainable to console themselves.

Most that turned to denial or atheism, and are honest and realist, do normally come round to research the Bible without biases and sentiments.

Believing in 'Hell fire' is one of such believe that people accept owing to not doing due diligence in the study of the Bible.

Well done.

Peace.

It is well.

Peace.
Re: Tithe: What Belongs To Christ Vs Covetousness by truthislight: 7:18am On Dec 01, 2016
Boomark:

It is well.

Peace.

Actually, It is almost impossible for one who has not first study the Bible, the root of Christianity, to Just decide to pick a Christian Church and pick the true church.

Logically, to know the difference between the right from the left in what is right and wrong in Christianity, one should first consult with the source of Christianity.

Otherwise, if a blind man follows a blind man, they both will fall into a Pit.

Yes, the man who has not first studied the Bible is blind as to what is truth in Christianity.

Peace.
Re: Tithe: What Belongs To Christ Vs Covetousness by Boomark(m): 11:17am On Dec 01, 2016
truthislight:

Actually, It is almost impossible for one who has not first study the Bible, the root of Christianity, to Just decide to pick a Christian Church and pick the true church.

Logically, to know the difference between the right from the left in what is right and wrong in Christianity, one should first consult with the source of Christianity.

Otherwise, if a blind man follows a blind man, they both will fall into a Pit.

Yes, the man who has not first studied the Bible is blind as to what is truth in Christianity.

Peace.

You are right bro. People don't question their doctrines and belief. Take "trinity" for example, many where taught and still believe that God is 3 person in one God; many believe than one God is one God over all, who is the Father; many also believe that God is just one person appearing in different forms as the Father, Son and Holyspirit. These people study the bible but in line with their church doctrines.

Getting the truth out of all these belief is to approach them with QUESTIONS. When a trinitarian starts saying it is a 'mystery,' then s/he doesn't know what he believes in.

If people should approach the Jehovah's witnesses, Catholics, pentecostals, etc with questions on a particular belief, they will actually get to know the truth. And they have to do this by being neutral as they ask questions.

1 Like

Re: Tithe: What Belongs To Christ Vs Covetousness by truthislight: 7:28pm On Dec 01, 2016
Boomark:

You are right bro. People don't question their doctrines and belief. Take "trinity" for example, many where taught and still believe that God is 3 person in one God; many believe than one God is one God over all, who is the Father; many also believe that God is just one person appearing in different forms as the Father, Son and Holyspirit. These people study the bible but in line with their church doctrines.

Getting the truth out of all these belief is to approach them with QUESTIONS. When a trinitarian starts saying it is a 'mystery,' then s/he doesn't know what he believes in.

If people should approach the Jehovah's witnesses, Catholics, pentecostals, etc with questions on a particular belief, they will actually get to know the truth. And they have to do this by being neutral as they ask questions.

You spoke well.

It all boils down to what the Bible calls love of the "truth". The love of the truth is what that protects one from believing the lie.

It is said in the Bible: "Know the truth and the truth will set you free". Yes! Knowing the truth is the key and the Bible says so.

2 Thessalonians 10,11:

......... for those who are perishing, as a retribution because they did not accept the love of the truth in order that they might be saved. 11 That is why God lets a deluding influence mislead them so that they may come to believe the lie,

Yap! the above is what not oving the truth leads to, believing a lie. (Not having a love for the word of God).

Am not the one that wrote the above. It is the stand of God.

All that needs a reward from the giver of life has to key into his dictates.

Peace.

Edited*

1 Like

Re: Tithe: What Belongs To Christ Vs Covetousness by mrvitalis(m): 7:53pm On Dec 01, 2016
First of all it is not in the Bible that u should pay tithe to any man

The instructions for tithe is so clear in dect 14:22 read down

U are to eat ur tithe not pay in the place he will direct u. . Or u can sale it and use the money to buy the things u lust after including alcohol take it to the house of God and eat it while worshiping God, u were advised to remember the pastors and the poor...

So i don't get were it is said u should pay ur tithe to anyone
Re: Tithe: What Belongs To Christ Vs Covetousness by Boomark(m): 5:29pm On Dec 02, 2016
mrvitalis:
First of all it is not in the Bible that u should pay tithe to any man

The instructions for tithe is so clear in dect 14:22 read down

U are to eat ur tithe not pay in the place he will direct u. . Or u can sale it and use the money to buy the things u lust after including alcohol take it to the house of God and eat it while worshiping God, u were advised to remember the pastors and the poor...

So i don't get were it is said u should pay ur tithe to anyone

There is nowhere it is written that Christians should bring their tithe to the Church. Men(Levites) receive tithe then but now they no longer receive tithe. It is Christ the High priest that receives it, Heb 7:8-12.

Christ showed us how he receives things from us in Mt 25:41-45. This is how to give to God.
Re: Tithe: What Belongs To Christ Vs Covetousness by mrvitalis(m): 5:38pm On Dec 02, 2016
Boomark:

There is nowhere it is written that Christians should bring their tithe to the Church. Men(Levites) receive tithe then but now they no longer receive tithe. It is Christ the High priest that receives it, Heb 7:8-12.

Christ showed us how he receives things from us in Mt 25:41-45. This is how to give to God.
Those that notify dect 14 vs 22 down

I eat my tithe and that's my backing
Re: Tithe: What Belongs To Christ Vs Covetousness by Boomark(m): 9:43pm On Dec 02, 2016
mrvitalis:

Those that notify dect 14 vs 22 down

I eat my tithe and that's my backing

Hahaha, Oga nothing do you. Call me to join you next time. There is love in sharing.
Re: Tithe: What Belongs To Christ Vs Covetousness by ScienceWatch: 4:09pm On Dec 03, 2016
truthislight:

Well done.

Peace.
We all know you get real pastors and fake pastors, the ones that cant heal and deliver.
The anguish of trying to find the true God has ended.

Albert Einstein - did not believe in a personal God. A God that will heal and deliver. Although today he has been proven wrong by the overwhelming scientific evidence coming out of Scoan Church Nigeria. However, it is interesting how he arrived at that conclusion.
In developing the theory of relativity, Einstein realized that his mathematical equations led to the conclusion that the universe had a beginning.

Einstein didn't like the idea of a beginning of the universe, because he thought one would have to conclude that the universe was created by God. So, he added a cosmological constant to his mathemathical equation to attempt to get rid of the evidence of a beginning.

He said this was one of the worst mistakes of his life. So, although Einstein was not a Christian, he had great respect for Jesus, and recognized that He was an amazing figure in history. Personally having grown up as an atheist in a non-religious home, Einstein initially saw Jesus as a brilliant teacher when I read the gospels for the first time at age 32.

If we wont worship the creator God,, we are atheists. Don’t be confused with the many fancy titles created, they all mean the same thing in the end.

Now we have no more excuse for our dark ignorance of how the spirit realm on both the dark side and the light side operate in human life, thanks to Emmanuel TV.
It is frightening to hear all the personal testimonies of people that have suffered because of stepping into the dark side.
Can one escape the vicious spiritual traps laid for millions of innocent people by fake pastors, competing religions, cruel governments and science ?
Emmanuel TV provide the most biblical and scientifically verifiable evidence of the highest spiritual TRUTH of the existence of a creator God. to the world 24 HRS A DAY. Now you too can escape into true light.
Re: Tithe: What Belongs To Christ Vs Covetousness by truthislight: 10:20pm On Dec 10, 2016
∆∆∆
On the above, SMH.
Re: Tithe: What Belongs To Christ Vs Covetousness by Heavenly102: 3:12pm On Dec 12, 2016
ScienceWatch:
We all know you get real pastors and fake pastors, the ones that cant heal and deliver.

Albert Einstein - did not believe in a personal God. A God that will heal and deliver. Although today he has been proven wrong by the overwhelming scientific evidence coming out of Scoan Church Nigeria. However, it is interesting how he arrived at that conclusion.
In developing the theory of relativity, Einstein realized that his mathematical equations led to the conclusion that the universe had a beginning.

Einstein didn't like the idea of a beginning of the universe, because he thought one would have to conclude that the universe was created by God. So, he added a cosmological constant to his mathemathical equation to attempt to get rid of the evidence of a beginning.

He said this was one of the worst mistakes of his life. So, although Einstein was not a Christian, he had great respect for Jesus, and recognized that He was an amazing figure in history. Personally having grown up as an atheist in a non-religious home, Einstein initially saw Jesus as a brilliant teacher when I read the gospels for the first time at age 32.

If we wont worship the creator God,, we are atheists. Don’t be confused with the many fancy titles created, they all mean the same thing in the end.

Now we have no more excuse for our dark ignorance of how the spirit realm on both the dark side and the light side operate in human life, thanks to Emmanuel TV.
It is frightening to hear all the personal testimonies of people that have suffered because of stepping into the dark side.
Can one escape the vicious spiritual traps laid for millions of innocent people by fake pastors, competing religions, cruel governments and science ?
Emmanuel TV provide the most biblical and scientifically verifiable evidence of the highest spiritual TRUTH of the existence of a creator God. to the world 24 HRS A DAY. Now you too can escape into true light.

If it was verifiable you could have won Richard Dawkins over to Christianity
Re: Tithe: What Belongs To Christ Vs Covetousness by ScienceWatch: 4:42pm On Dec 13, 2016
Heavenly102:
If it was verifiable you could have won Richard Dawkins over to Christianity
Sorry, I would never want to win over Richard Dawkins. His insanity is already showing.

1) Concerning some of Dawkins’ past comments related to his view that if parents’ encourage religious beliefs in their children, it constitutes child abuse.

2) Dawkins’ signing, in 2006, of a petition to the British Prime Minister that called for making it “illegal to indoctrinate or define children by religion before the age of 16. Unfortunately, there are a lot of atheists who go into the field of psychology and psychiatry.

3) Listen to ideas expressed by two atheist scientists Lawrence Krauss and Neil DeGrasse Tyson.
They say“ Those foreign jungles and deserts are seething with savages, heathens, cannibals, and headhunters. You just cannot reason with those heartless primitives; therefore it is our duty, as reasonable, civilized men to subdue them, dress and educate them in our manner, and, of course, kill them when we must — and the fact that the wealth of their native regions is flowing westward and enriching the already bloated coffers of our ruling and economic elite has absolutely nothing to do with it.
Re: Tithe: What Belongs To Christ Vs Covetousness by ScienceWatch: 4:45pm On Dec 13, 2016
ScienceWatch:
Sorry, I would never want to win over Richard Dawkins. His insanity is already showing.

1) Concerning some of Dawkins’ past comments related to his view that if parents’ encourage religious beliefs in their children, it constitutes child abuse.

2) Dawkins’ signing, in 2006, of a petition to the British Prime Minister that called for making it “illegal to indoctrinate or define children by religion before the age of 16. Unfortunately, there are a lot of atheists who go into the field of psychology and psychiatry.

3) Listen to ideas expressed by two atheist scientists Lawrence Krauss and Neil DeGrasse Tyson.
They say“ Those foreign jungles and deserts are seething with savages, heathens, cannibals, and headhunters. You just cannot reason with those heartless primitives; therefore it is our duty, as reasonable, civilized men to subdue them, dress and educate them in our manner, and, of course, kill them when we must — and the fact that the wealth of their native regions is flowing westward and enriching the already bloated coffers of our ruling and economic elite has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Here is a quick extract ; For Dawkins to ignore certain verifiable facts seems perverse at best, and reminds me of an ostrich at worst. Consider the question: if God does exist, what sort of evidence would you look for to convince you that he does?

The only thing I can think of that is really conclusive, rather than merely suggestive, is a direct intervention of that God in the world, in other words, a revelation.

The Christians rightly claim that this is what happened in Jesus. The account of his life, death and resurrection in the gospels shows the sort of person that he is. The wisdom of his teaching, his compassion, the healings he carried out, his forgiveness of people’s sins, his claims to be God and the difficulty of satisfactorily explaining away the conviction in his disciples that he rose from the dead, can lead to no other conclusion than that he was who he claimed to be.
Re: Tithe: What Belongs To Christ Vs Covetousness by An2elect2(f): 6:59pm On Dec 13, 2016
ScienceWatch:

Which one is emmanuel tv again?
Re: Tithe: What Belongs To Christ Vs Covetousness by ScienceWatch: 8:44pm On Dec 13, 2016
An2elect2:
Which one is emmanuel tv again?
It is the one below the left button.
Re: Tithe: What Belongs To Christ Vs Covetousness by Heavenly102: 10:12pm On Dec 13, 2016
ScienceWatch:

well as Christians we ought to want to win over everyone
Re: Tithe: What Belongs To Christ Vs Covetousness by Heavenly102: 10:16pm On Dec 13, 2016
ScienceWatch:
Here is a quick extract ; For Dawkins to ignore certain verifiable facts seems perverse at best.
the facts you state are mostly unverifiable outside of faith.
Re: Tithe: What Belongs To Christ Vs Covetousness by ScienceWatch: 2:23pm On Dec 14, 2016
Heavenly102:
well as Christians we ought to want to win over everyone
Why do you think that ?
Have you not heard ? "Dont throw your pearls to the swine."

Take a year off to get a deeper understanding of this verse. the value is more than a degree.
Re: Tithe: What Belongs To Christ Vs Covetousness by ScienceWatch: 2:27pm On Dec 14, 2016
Heavenly102:
the facts you state are mostly unverifiable outside of faith.
You present yourself as a lazy investigator of verifiable truth.

Get off your behind, son. Verifiable truth wont fall into your lap.
Your mama spoilt you.!
Re: Tithe: What Belongs To Christ Vs Covetousness by Heavenly102: 2:37pm On Dec 15, 2016
ScienceWatch:
Why do you think that ?
Have you not heard ? "Dont throw your pearls to the swine."

Take a year off to get a deeper understanding of this verse. the value is more than a degree.
well in Jesus'opinion nobody is 'swine' he died for everybody Gentile or Jew, atheist or believer

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Allah? What Is The Origin Of Belief In Allah? / Pastor Sunday Adelaja Thoughts On Apostle Suleman Sex Allegation (Video) / Can A Real Child Of God Be Broke?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.