Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

The Rules Of Tithing As Cited In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Rules Of Tithing As Cited In The Bible (507 Views)

The Significance of Tithing and Firstfruits for Believers / The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible / TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Rules Of Tithing As Cited In The Bible by KingGeorgey(m): 6:58am On Oct 30, 2016
Happy Sunday everyone... I'm a Christian and I don't want to blow my own horn by saying I'm a very devote one.. But I do my best to move God's Kingdom to greater Heights.. Well I was wondering about the issue of tithe some days ago, also being a topic that sparks controversy I decided to do my own little research... The Only verse which I really hear when the Pastor preaches on this topic is the all Popular Malachi 3:8 which says that we are robbing God by not giving our tithes and Offerings.. But I wasn't satisfied as I felt that there was more to Tithing that wasn't explained.. So with a more searching and googling of course I came across more verses that gave explicit instructions on how we should tithe.. One of them being Deuteronomy 12: 5-7 which says God chooses a Place where tithes and offerings are Eaten by the givers and levites(Pastors) as well, it clearly says in verse 7 'And Ye shall eat before the Lord your God(KJV)' ... Then here was another verse that confirmed that again Deut 28:14.. Now here was the real Explanation cited in Deut 14 from verse 22 it says that we must bring our tithe of all our increase yearly and do what with it? Verse 23 says once again 'And thou shalt eat before the Lord in the place which he shall choose'.. And verse 26 says that if the place that God has chosen is far from your current location the goods should be converted to cash by selling(Those days funds were gotten from farming and rearing of animals), then I should acquire anything that 'your soul lusteth after when you get to the place God has chosen'.. Now the Levites (Pastors) aren't left out now..verse 28-29 clearly states when tithe of a year should be given to the Levites.. And I'll quote verse 28 'At the End of Three Years, thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thy increase'.. It clearly says at the end of Every three years that the tithes should be for the Levites (Pastors) because they do not work or toil... But according to observations The People of God neglected given to the Levites and this was expressed in Malachi 3:8 saying that they robbed God as there was no food in his house for the Levites and less privileged.. With this Tithe evolved and with the fact that most of us earn monthly now and in cash and not animals or crops we have been told to pay it on a monthly basis.. But as for the rules of tithe it doesn't entail that.. And now my very smart brothers will say Jesus Christ Didn't pay tithe.. Lolz.. Well Here's my view on Tithe the. I believe it should be paid on the monthly basis as Gathering it for the whole year might not be possible.. And I believe I could pick up my tight and give it to that lacking widow around or a Pastor if I wish.. That's my view and I stand to be corrected.. Good day everyone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Rules Of Tithing As Cited In The Bible by HQuadreal: 6:59am On Oct 30, 2016
Ok.
Re: The Rules Of Tithing As Cited In The Bible by Psalmpy(m): 7:18am On Oct 30, 2016
May God gives us understanding ooo
Every Sunday's topic nah always about tight
Modified
Tithing
Re: The Rules Of Tithing As Cited In The Bible by KingGeorgey(m): 9:35am On Oct 30, 2016
Bros Lalasticlala.. Today is Sunday and this is a issue that needs discussing.. Please sir the Promised Land will be helpful grin

(1) (Reply)

You Don't Want To Be TB Joshua Right Now / Give Jehovah Glory Share Great Things HE Did For U This Year(CHRISTIANS ONLY). / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 02/12/16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.