Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,584 members, 7,823,528 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (979211 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by busky123: 8:27am On Feb 05, 2017
Hello House. Please I recently joined the forum and would like to know if anyone or group has delivered in Chicago. VD plus doctors fees $3,159 total. My challenge is getting to know if there is any form of group travel as we r expecting between 7th August and 13th 2017.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Sophiamax16: 8:28am On Feb 05, 2017
Good morning , March mum's Pls let's hook up. Those in Houston. Don't want to be bored..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by KaptainAfrika: 10:20am On Feb 05, 2017
1. If you reapply, the next V.O may assume you had always wanted to have your child in the US and you were not actually going for a vacation.

2. Wait for three months, before reapplying.

3. Apply after you have given birth in Nigeria, apply for vacation with him/her or go for medical visa direct.

4. Pick 2 or 3 ...I recommend 3, the child you have in Nigeria, would be your strong tie to Nigeria.

My opinion. All the best.

firstimemum:
Hello everyone ,

Am new to this platform and it seems my case Is a bit different if anyone can help undecided. Information on going here is very useful well done to the contributors!!!

I applied for B1/B2 visa on the grounds of going for leisure holiday a month ago and was denied. Probably because I wasn't in a professional job. My reason therefore has changed and want to apply for medical visa to birth my baby in the USA. Will I be denied again?!
Any suggestions? Contributons ? Advices? It will be very much appreciated. Many thanks! Waiting on your responses smiley

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ifedee(f): 10:21am On Feb 05, 2017
. With travel date being the following Monday, had to apply online for Nigerian Visa [2 money orders of $180+ $85] & sent baby’s US passport (with return courier envelope) to Nigerian embassy on Friday (without agent).Visa issued same day (proper one, not biro) & baby’s passport couriered back to me in Dallas the very next day (Saturday)! God bless Mr. Usman for prompt & free assistance to me.

Awesome testimony. I thank God on your behalf for your testimony. It sent goosebumps down my spine.

Please can you give more insight on how you went about the Nigerian Visa applications. There are conflicting information on the Nigeria embassy website. Did you apply online and send to the package to the Nigerian embassy at Roswell, Atlanta or did you send it to it yo OIS as advertised on the website. Please help a sister. It's very urgent.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by KaptainAfrika: 10:22am On Feb 05, 2017
If this was true. Nigeria would be empty by now! LOOOOOOL!

ashedzi:
How True

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Annonn: 10:37am On Feb 05, 2017
Hello,

In the spirit of giving back: I wrote to the Lagos embassy to notify them off my updated intention to give birth in the US (I had initially obtained the visa visa dropbox in August 2015 for a holiday. I did not go to the US but I went to another country for the holiday). Their response is below:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please note that there is no legal requirement to inform us that you are seeking to give birth in the United States or that your purpose of travel has changed. The Customs and Border Protection, a branch of USCIS, determines a traveler’s eligibility of entry to the U.S, you should be prepared to demonstrate to the immigration officer at the port of entry why you are seeking medical treatment and that you have logistical and financial plans for the treatment. You should show the border protection agents upon arrival in the U.S. your detailed birth plan, which would include correspondence with your doctor, the cost of the delivery, any receipts showing prepayments for care and evidence that you have the ability to pay for all costs while in the U.S. up to and including your living expenses.

We recommend that you review the regulations on non-immigrant aliens entering the United States for purposes of childbirth at https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/882/~/visit-the-u.s.-while-pregnant-and-the-risks-involved and plan accordingly. Please you should not stay in the U.S. longer than you are permitted by Customs and Border Protection at the port of entry. The Department of Homeland Security at the port of entry will determine your eligibility to enter the United States on any travel.

If you choose to give birth in the U.S., we advise you to bring evidence of payment, both when you enter the U.S. on this visit, and at your future U.S. visa interviews.

nefertitiram:

Lolz! Lagos is always harsh. I don't know if it has become harsher! Can you copy and paste here?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by busky123: 10:50am On Feb 05, 2017
Hello guys. My wife is expecting sometime in August and we are still shopping for a good location. I've families in New Haven CT and LA however it seems that the costs of delivery in those states are quite expensive. However we need your various advice on where to go and what covers what. Your kind help will be greatly appreciated.

Again are there group travels for August moms in order to save on accommodation?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ifedee(f): 10:51am On Feb 05, 2017
thermolady:
Greetings to all in the house: 1st ‘missionary’ journey successfully concluded mainly thanks to advice & tips from this Forum.

For me, it’s been one favour or miracle after the other.
1st, my Godsent, confident Elpaso obgyn allowed me to have a vagi/normal delivery despite my quite advanced age & high risk, precious nature of pregnancy. Was successfully induced at 40 weeks.
ii. this normally superbusy doctor patiently stayed with me for over an hour in very final stage of labour, encouraging me to push despite 2 doses of oxygen & my worry that it might end in C-Section.
iii. Discharged on morning of 3rd day. After being presented with xtra bill of $1,900 (despite paying full package price b4 delivery), hospital later relented after visits & calls & adjusted my account balance to zero.
*Note: After delivery, even if for ex, u’re on a payment package covered by doctoresparati, you may still get bills outside of the package; don’t panic, simply ensure you see/call the Fin. Counsellors of the hospital & explain you are on selfpay package. E.g I was sent a $10, 944 anaesthesia bill despite epidural being already part of package costs. However some bills must be paid outside package e.g 2nd PKU test for baby [$12] & separate Pathology bills for mother & baby[ours was $159 after 30% discount].
iv. My Naija paediatrician saved phototherapy cost by ordering sunbathing 4 jaundiced baby instead[His bill: $300]. LO otherwise in perfect health. Speedily refused hearing test for her (fear of xchange rate is beginning of wisdom!) Baby’s Birth Certificate [$23] was ready after 1 week. Collected it with Int. Drivers’ Licence & Lagos US embassy notarised form [‘FEDEXed’ to me by DH].
*Note: In Elpaso, Nigerian Voters Card NOT ACCEPTED as ID for baby’s BC collection. [I photographed & sent my signature & passport photo by email to DH who then applied for Int. Drivers’ license on my behalf].
*[/b]Asked for my baby’s Social Security card to be mailed to Dallas address. On receipt, [b]trusted Dallas based relation opened it & gave me the no. over phone which I then supplied to Elpaso Passport office.
v. Applied for baby’s US passport & flew to Dallas following day. It’s usually ready in 3 days but as I was leaving Elpaso b4 it would be ready, I had it posted [$165+$15] to me in Dallas. Wasted time & money in Dallas for overnight return courier envelope in applying for Emergency Travel Certificate for baby only to be informed that it was no longer being issued. With travel date being the following Monday, had to apply online for Nigerian Visa [2 money orders of $180+ $85] & sent baby’s US passport (with return courier envelope) to Nigerian embassy on Friday (without agent).Visa issued same day (proper one, not biro) & baby’s passport couriered back to me in Dallas the very next day (Saturday)! God bless Mr. Usman for prompt & free assistance to me.
vi. The Elpaso landlord (who had been temporarily away in Naija )of the accommodation that I relocated to from Intown Suites, briefly returned to Elpaso & realised that he had been my private SAT/TOEFL student 20 years ago in Festac, & freely chauffeured, shopped and even babysat once for me in last few days of my stay in Elpaso. I returned to Lagos 2 weeks later & in Akoka [Lagos] miraculously ran into him AGAIN while he was visiting someone before he finally returned to Elpaso. MORAL: [/b]it’s a very [b]tiny world! Never be nasty/cheat anyone in the belief that you’ll never meet again.
vii. At Dallas airport, was charged $71.60 for infant ticket by Emirates. Had paid N524, 000 for my own return ticket in November 2016. No bassinet on 14.30 hr Dallas/Dubai leg but journey not bad. Allowed to take special (black) airport baby stroller (mine had been checked in at Dallas boarding gate) overnight to hotel. Bassinet provided on Dubai/Lagos leg but baby preferred my arms!
• I must say, this Forum has been an invaluable source of info to me; may it grow from strength to strength; Forum Old Timers, u’re like classroom teachers, pls do not tire of repeating answers to the questions of Forum Newbies or rudely tell them to go back & start reading from 1st page; not everyone has the time or strength for research!

So finally my e-brethren, I’m very glad to be back home to our dear Naija despite the heat, encountered primitiveness & NEPA. [there is no place like home grin]. What matters is that after a safe delivery, I am now a mother at last after more than 22 years of marriage.[still ttcing sisters, pls. hold on to ur dream]. I give God all the glory.

Awesome testimony. I thank God on your behalf. I literally had goosebumps all over while reading your testimony. What an awesome God we serve!

Please give more insight regarding the Nigerian Visa application. Did you send it directly to the Nigeria embassy at Roswell Atlanta as they have conflicting information on their website or did you send it to OIS as advertised on their website.

Kindly help a sister out!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Sophiamax16: 11:08am On Feb 05, 2017
Any March mum in Houston. Pls let's hook up
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by databasecareers: 11:31am On Feb 05, 2017
Sophiamax16:
Any March mum in Houston. Pls let's hook up

Where in Huston are you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Sophiamax16: 12:01pm On Feb 05, 2017
Pearland...
databasecareers:

Where in Huston are you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by databasecareers: 12:22pm On Feb 05, 2017
Sophiamax16:
Pearland...

Am coming in march, can you pm me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladee1: 12:22pm On Feb 05, 2017
Pls who has any useful info on ben taub hosp for CS and doc fees or any other info on any public hospital in houston/texas
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by zitaspears: 1:55pm On Feb 05, 2017
Sophiamax16:
Good morning , March mum's Pls let's hook up. Those in Houston. Don't want to be bored..

Hello I am a March mum.
I will be travelling on the 2 March, how are u doing with accommodation
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Sophiamax16: 2:11pm On Feb 05, 2017
Oh OK den, staying wit my aunt. My mum is coming wit me.
zitaspears:

Hello I am a March mum.
I will be travelling on the 2 March, how are u doing with accommodation
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mandex11: 2:50pm On Feb 05, 2017
Hello house good day... please any elpaso much in the house? need to verify something thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mandex11: 2:53pm On Feb 05, 2017
Mandex11:
Hello house good day... please any elpaso mum in the house? using doctoresparati need to verify something thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 3:28pm On Feb 05, 2017
a friend's wife used them and they assign a doctor for you. All bills usually under 5k (CS would make it get to 5k). thats all I know

ladee1:
Pls who has any useful info on ben taub hosp for CS and doc fees or any other info on any public hospital in houston/texas

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by bbaby84(f): 4:54pm On Feb 05, 2017
firsttymum:
Sips tea grin

What drama are you sipping tea for? Lol plenty happened already. Oya share the terrific news. You've been away for too long....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 5:10pm On Feb 05, 2017

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by papi7: 5:48pm On Feb 05, 2017
sss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ifedee(f): 6:41pm On Feb 05, 2017
Please anyone with information on how to get the Nigerian Visa should please share. I have been on the Nigeria embassy Atlanta page and I see conflicting information there. How do I go about it?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladee1: 7:32pm On Feb 05, 2017
freshdad:
a friend's wife used them and they assign a doctor for you. All bills usually under 5k (CS would make it get to 5k). thats all I know

Thanks a lot freshdad, can you help me with ur contact or the person's contact. My e-mail is Lade4u2002@yahoo.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by bbaby84(f): 10:02pm On Feb 05, 2017
firsttymum:

Formerly team February
Had my baby already...
mother fine
Baby fine
Daddy fine....

I af share o

Big brother is also fine and very cute..... wink
Congratulations once again.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Flawless1988: 10:20pm On Feb 05, 2017
Annonn:
Hello,

In the spirit of giving back: I wrote to the Lagos embassy to notify them off my updated intention to give birth in the US (I had initially obtained the visa visa dropbox in August 2015 for a holiday. I did not go to the US but I went to another country for the holiday). Their response is below:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please note that there is no legal requirement to inform us that you are seeking to give birth in the United States or that your purpose of travel has changed. The Customs and Border Protection, a branch of USCIS, determines a traveler’s eligibility of entry to the U.S, you should be prepared to demonstrate to the immigration officer at the port of entry why you are seeking medical treatment and that you have logistical and financial plans for the treatment. You should show the border protection agents upon arrival in the U.S. your detailed birth plan, which would include correspondence with your doctor, the cost of the delivery, any receipts showing prepayments for care and evidence that you have the ability to pay for all costs while in the U.S. up to and including your living expenses.

We recommend that you review the regulations on non-immigrant aliens entering the United States for purposes of childbirth at https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/882/~/visit-the-u.s.-while-pregnant-and-the-risks-involved and plan accordingly. Please you should not stay in the U.S. longer than you are permitted by Customs and Border Protection at the port of entry. The Department of Homeland Security at the port of entry will determine your eligibility to enter the United States on any travel.

If you choose to give birth in the U.S., we advise you to bring evidence of payment, both when you enter the U.S. on this visit, and at your future U.S. visa interviews.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by borryworld: 11:30pm On Feb 05, 2017
Flawless1988:
[/quote][quote author=idonhear post=53299837]In the spirit of giving back, we bless God for the success of our interview today. We acted on faith and prayed though it may sound foolish but God honoured our faith. We have already bought tickets for both taking advantage of Emirate Promo that ended Jan 18 while believing God for success at the interview which was scheduled almost a month ago. We are first time applicants, no travel history for DW, though I have travelled to Ghana twice before now.

VO: Good morning
We: Good morning
VO: Are you husband and wife?
We: Yes
VO: Why do you want to go to the US?
DW: For childbirth and vacation
Me: For exam and witness the birth of my first baby
VO: What exam is that?
Me: I mentioned it, he inquired to know the full meaning after just giving the acronyms
VO: Okay, where do you do?
Me: I am the so so and so of XYZ Plc (hypothetical name), he interrupted and asked what my day to day activity looks like. I explained, I think he felt I know what I am saying (he was impressed) nodded and asked further questions in my line of work.
VO: How much do you earn per month?
Me: I earn Xk per month apart from other benefits and bonuses?
VO: Turned to DW, where do you work?
DW: I work as ZYX, and I do so and so.
VO: What course did you study for your bachelor degree?
DW: I studied accounting.
VO: Are you chartered?
DW: Yes, I am.....I have both ACCA and ACA
VO: That is cool, how much do you mean monthly?
DW: I earn Zk monthly aside quarterly bonuses.
VO: Okay, how much is your budget for this trip, and how much have you saved?
DW: A little above 12k dollars cos I will be staying with my host during the period of my stay, and I have saved about 10k dollars.
VO: 10k, how do you intend to meet up?
DW: I will be travelling sometime in May, and I should be able to have saved up more before then.
Me: We have doctor’s correspondence here, if you would like to see.
VO: I was about asking for that, give me three documents….Budget sheet, Doctor’s correspondence and hospital bill showing the amount the childbirth is gonna cost you.
DW: We passed it to him, we also have the bank statement here.
VO: Oh, no need, just those three documents. Why this doctor and hospital?
DW: Well, based on host’s (a relative – DH’s aunty) recommendation and proximity to residence, and online review.
VO: He went through the correspondence, and the budget sheet very well.
VO: Congratulations, he gave us the white paper, and noted that we should go with all documents especially doctor’s correspondence as it might be checked at point of entry explaining that people were not allowed entry into the US cos they don’t have the documents.
We were so happy….Glory be to God.

The VO has turned down so many before us, if not up to 15, he sounded tough, drilled people and asked so many questions and we were like praying not to have him to interview us, but lo and behold, we were sent to him. DW said God will favour us, and we believed, went to him and God did it.

Good day. Please I sent a DM to you, I'll like to see a sample of your budget sheet. I need to build something for the interview
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by igetam: 1:30am On Feb 06, 2017
Hi, in El paso, so shoot!

[quote author=Mandex11 post=53439887][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by thermolady: 1:43am On Feb 06, 2017
ifedee:

Awesome testimony. I thank God on your behalf. I literally had goosebumps all over while reading your testimony. What an awesome God we serve!

Please give more insight regarding the Nigerian Visa application. Did you send it directly to the Nigeria embassy at Roswell Atlanta as they have conflicting information on their website or did you send it to OIS as advertised on their website.

Kindly help a sister out!

Hope not too late; Very demanding new 'oga!' Sent my application/supporting documents to embassy at Washington as indicated on site; but U first have to purchase 2 money orders before U start filling the online application as you will be asked to input the details on the money orders: $180 money order addressed to Nig embassy & $ 85 addressed to Innovate1Services [they work with embassy]. Embassy site will redirect U to Innovate site for the application process. A Reference/ID no. is generated on completion of your online application. This is what the embassy needs to process your application.

P.S. u need to be a little fast (& patient) when completing the form to avoid several time outs but don't be discouraged, it's quite easy to fill!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Gagat: 4:55am On Feb 06, 2017
thermolady:

Hope not too late; Very demanding new 'oga!' Sent my application/supporting documents to embassy at Washington as indicated on site; but U first have to purchase 2 money orders before U start filling the online application as you will be asked to input the details on the money orders: $180 money order addressed to Nig embassy & $ 85 addressed to Innovate1Services [they work with embassy]. Embassy site will redirect U to Innovate site for the application process. A Reference/ID no. is generated on completion of your online application. This is what the embassy needs to process your application.

P.S. u need to be a little fast (& patient) when completing the form to avoid several time outs but don't be discouraged, it's quite easy to fill!

Well detailed. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.