Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,188 members, 7,811,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (416) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (975828 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ozycy: 8:23pm On Dec 22, 2017
Congrats ada88 on your successful visa
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Taal17: 8:28pm On Dec 22, 2017
shrekandfiona:

shocked an actual VO... interesting
Haha of course they are.
They've been using this platform for a few years now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ashedzi: 8:37pm On Dec 22, 2017
[quote author=aamey15 post=63427565]Hello Everyone,
So hubby, my son and I just got our Visa approved today but ehn it wasn't easy oo...
Find below the conversation between us and the VO
VO: Hello good afternoon, sorry for keeping you waiting
Hubby: Its fine thank you
VO: Can I have your passports please
Hubby: Gave him
VO: he looked through it and was like okay, where are you going to, how long will you be dere for and where will you be staying
Hubby: 2 week, Chicago and with my uncle
VO: I See you travelled in November last year why and for how long
Hubby: Stated everything( hubby for 2 weeks and myself and son for 4 month- We went for a family vacation and we stayed back to have my daughter
VO: At your interview in June 2015 you said you were going for 2 weeks and not seeking medical attention
Hubby: At the time we didn't know we were pregnant as i was still breastfeeding my son..so we just wanted to go for holiday. When we found out I fell ill and couldn't travel so we all decided to travel in November and I sent a change of Intent to notify the ambassy
VO: WELL THE CHANGE OF INTENT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE
me: Oh really.. i didn't know
VO: When did you have your daughter
Me: xx feb 2016
VO: Counting the number of months with his fingers to reconfirm what I said( At this point I was thing chai wahala dey o)
Where did you have you daughter and can i have her passport pls
Me: Cook county hospital John Stroger
VO: Can I have proof of that please
Me: Hands over all receipts, zero balance and invoices
VO: Who was your doctor
Me: Dr xxxxx, then I handed over the records of all my antenatal visits with her ( I kept everything oo thank God)
VO: Looks through the receipts and exclaimed whao so expensive, what about the dr's fee..
Me: I explained that it was all encompassing( John stronger has a package for self pay.. I dunno if they have anymore but the cost was about small for dr, birth and pead so I showed him the breakdown)..in my mind I was like expensive ke... great bargain oo.. I just kept quiet
VO: Kept on writing and writing. he asked hubby and my self what we do and where we work..
Hubby and I answered
VO: Where else have you travelled to:
Hubby: Hajj last year,
VO: Asked me if I went with him..
Me: I said I didn't coz I was still breast feeding my daughter at the time...
VO: OKAY.. typed for another like 3 -4mins...
Handed over our documents and said we should pick our visa..
VO: Please when next

Was ur interview @ Abuja or Lagos please?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 22, 2017
shrekandfiona:

fill the 600k as your monthly income then you can explain to the VO during your interview that a yearly upfront is always paid. As long as the sum is reflected in your bank statement, it's no issue

Thanks a lot.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Senatornuella: 11:47pm On Dec 22, 2017
Sorry but I thought when you given the white paper it means your visa is granted.

Well, no amount of money is too much for good health if one can afford it and moreso we would also be giving that child the dual citizenship opportunity.
Vo continues to type, i had to say that I am also going again for childbirth thinking that she was granting me visa. She said she knows, we would discuss that. After few seconds, then she looked up and said you arnt eligible this time and gave me the white paper.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Omodadi2: 1:13am On Dec 23, 2017
Senatornuella:
Sorry but I thought when you given the white paper it means your visa is granted.

Well, no amount of money is too much for good health if one can afford it and moreso we would also be giving that child the dual citizenship opportunity.
Vo continues to type, i had to say that I am also going again for childbirth thinking that she was granting me visa. She said she knows, we would discuss that. After few seconds, then she looked up and said you arnt eligible this time and gave me the white paper.

I think they issued photocopies of the refusal letters so it ws white that day
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Senatornuella: 4:15am On Dec 23, 2017
Omodadi2:

I think they issued photocopies of the refusal letters so it ws white that day

I am sorry you went through that. My advice is you apply again

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by OnJosh1: 4:26am On Dec 23, 2017
So grateful to GOD for HIS faithfulness.

Flew Emirates from Lagos to Dubai to Houston at 35 weeks plus. Gave them Fit to Fly from Dr. Didnt go to Port Health and I wasn't asked for Port Health Report. Requested for wheel chair from Lagos (Had been stressed over the past four days before my flight, needed to slow down) and it was the smartest move ever...no stress at all all through to Houston.

Flight crew experience: Emirates crew Dubai to Houston were nicer than Lagos to Dubai. But the Lagos to Dubai guys weren't so bad sha...

Food: Food was fair... I'm not much of a continental eater so I was just eating bread, croissant and water. The jollof rice from Lagos to Dubai: it is well, hunger did not allow us have choice � The Dubai to Houston lunch was not for me. I just thank GOD for bread and butter ��

Entertainment: Mixed feelings on this... expected to see recent movies from what I had been hearing, but was able to watch some.

Houston PoE

First General CBP: Where are you going to?
Me: Sugarland
CBP: Why?
Me: To have my baby
CBP to Wheel Chair Man: She has to go inside.
CBP calls for colleague to take us to the Secondary Inspection Office.

Spent one hour waiting for my turn. There were other people in the room before me.

CBP: You are here to have your baby?
Me: Yes
CBP: Staying in a hotel, with family or friends?
Me: Hotel
CBP: (Types on keyboard) Ensure to have all your receipts when next you are coming. Stamps me for six months.
Me: Okay, Thanks

Baggage Claim Officer (BCO) That's what I chose to call him: Any food?
Me: Yes, Chinchin, peanut burger nuts like this (had half a pack in my hand that I had been eating in the CBP's office), Crayfish (BCO then interrupts)
BCO: Any meat and vegetables?
Me: No
BCO: Okay.

Was wheeled to the exit and then I took a taxi to my hotel. Thankful my Indomie made it through cus that's what saved the day for dinner. My hotel has no restaurant.

Dear Mommas, please use the wheel chair and wear compression socks too for the flight, drink lots of water, pee as often as required and walk the plane aisles at least once every three hours. Movement was so easy with the wheel chair, I almost felt sinful!

By the way, I eventually got through to Hope Women's Clinic, was told that the phone lines were down for a few days and that's why it kept going to voice mail.

All I can say is THANK YOU LORD. It's been HIM all through.

20 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by niche70: 11:07am On Dec 23, 2017
Good morning all mamas and papas ,

I want to thank God for his blessings on me.
Had my visa application renewed successful without an interview.

Wish you all same and a splendid Christmas celebration.

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ozymes: 4:09pm On Dec 23, 2017
We tap from this grace and annointing
niche70:
Good morning all mamas and papas ,

I want to thank God for his blessings on me.
Had my visa application renewed successful without an interview.

Wish you all same and a splendid Christmas celebration.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ramj: 7:35pm On Dec 23, 2017
OnJosh1:
So grateful to GOD for HIS faithfulness.

Flew Emirates from Lagos to Dubai to Houston at 35 weeks plus. Gave them Fit to Fly from Dr. Didnt go to Port Health and I wasn't asked for Port Health Report. Requested for wheel chair from Lagos (Had been stressed over the past four days before my flight, needed to slow down) and it was the smartest move ever...no stress at all all through to Houston.

Flight crew experience: Emirates crew Dubai to Houston were nicer than Lagos to Dubai. But the Lagos to Dubai guys weren't so bad sha...

Food: Food was fair... I'm not much of a continental eater so I was just eating bread, croissant and water. The jollof rice from Lagos to Dubai: it is well, hunger did not allow us have choice � The Dubai to Houston lunch was not for me. I just thank GOD for bread and butter ��

Entertainment: Mixed feelings on this... expected to see recent movies from what I had been hearing, but was able to watch some.

Houston PoE

First General CBP: Where are you going to?
Me: Sugarland
CBP: Why?
Me: To have my baby
CBP to Wheel Chair Man: She has to go inside.
CBP calls for colleague to take us to the Secondary Inspection Office.

Spent one hour waiting for my turn. There were other people in the room before me.

CBP: You are here to have your baby?
Me: Yes
CBP: Staying in a hotel, with family or friends?
Me: Hotel
CBP: (Types on keyboard) Ensure to have all your receipts when next you are coming. Stamps me for six months.
Me: Okay, Thanks

Baggage Claim Officer (BCO) That's what I chose to call him: Any food?
Me: Yes, Chinchin, peanut burger nuts like this (had half a pack in my hand that I had been eating in the CBP's office), Crayfish (BCO then interrupts)
BCO: Any meat and vegetables?
Me: No
BCO: Okay.

Was wheeled to the exit and then I took a taxi to my hotel. Thankful my Indomie made it through cus that's what saved the day for dinner. My hotel has no restaurant.

Dear Mommas, please use the wheel chair and wear compression socks too for the flight, drink lots of water, pee as often as required and walk the plane aisles at least once every three hours. Movement was so easy with the wheel chair, I almost felt sinful!

By the way, I eventually got through to Hope Women's Clinic, was told that the phone lines were down for a few days and that's why it kept going to voice mail.

All I can say is THANK YOU LORD. It's been HIM all through.

whaooo Glory to God. Safe delivery in Jesus name

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by zoemummy: 1:52am On Dec 24, 2017
Omodadi2:

I have all these budget thing o, i know how difficult it is to travel and all, so i am dt person who goes out of her way to dot her Ts. Out of all u stated, only sendibg of letter direcry to the embassey is what i didnt do.
You see she didnt ask me how much i spent, she only asked of my receipts whc i handed over all to her nd she didnt even open them at all

Female VO tinz...just my thoughts. Pls avoid them when possible.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ozymes: 5:48am On Dec 24, 2017
Which location
olufunbi:
looking to share too for Dec to Feb.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ekammatewogbade(f): 9:36am On Dec 24, 2017
elfmann:

But the husband has a running visa.

Yes, which will expire around my EDD and he will need to travel too during that period

Hence my question. Does he get a renewal first via drop box before I apply? or we apply together

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ekammatewogbade(f): 9:42am On Dec 24, 2017
dere5:

She says his visa will expire on the month of her delivery and you can even apply for renewal 2/3 months before expiration, they will just cancel the old one before they issuing the new one.

so we apply together on the same form?

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ekammatewogbade(f): 9:54am On Dec 24, 2017
Heart05:
Can you please help me with the email address of Dr F? Thank you

Me tooo and the quotes too
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 10:46am On Dec 24, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.