Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,741 members, 7,831,368 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (980603 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 11:42am On Mar 03, 2017
olokings:
the thread have recorded more old timers following and viewing since the "war of the words" started. hehe

lol as in I just dey watch feeem from my office desk
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by olokings(m): 11:59am On Mar 03, 2017
MiddyO:

Welcome back! Congrats on the birth of your baby! Hope you are coping well with 2 under 2? Will join you in a bit smiley

Hey mild middy..
how have ye been.

firsttymum, so this is aw you wee comman ga'an born pikin we wee noh evun no!...
shai... sha many congrats ooh on another star added to your pip.
happy for you.
shawlar, i am using corner eye and instinct to note that you are set and prep for no.2 journey..
good luck y'all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by olokings(m): 12:00pm On Mar 03, 2017
Shawbabe:

Una too much oh. grin.
My understanding of his use of the small letter "g" is referencing the fact that it can't be God with the capital "G" that people pray to after consciously doing wrong. TWoods' posts has sarcasm and satire all over it. I don't think it's for disrespect.

i need to bo back to school and redo engweesh aswear... lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 12:02pm On Mar 03, 2017
Please someone asked a question some pages back and I dont think I saw a response.

Regarding the subsidized hospitals, I hope the JH stroger in chicago is not one of those hospitals that are for low income earners so that one doesnt get into future visa issues. I have not read anything on their site that states that by I would like to know if it is safe. thanks.

@Twoods @Iomwe @nefertitiram and any other boss(es) with knowledge of these matters
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by olokings(m): 12:02pm On Mar 03, 2017
anonymousmum:

lol as in I just dey watch feeem from my office desk

me i dey use my kpalasa fone dey view/read as i stand for garage under bridge dey form egbe-wager.

man ust wack and gather for one final journey before one president will comman ga'an think of building african wall ooh.

the hustle is really real

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by thermolady: 12:34pm On Mar 03, 2017
olokings:

me i dey use my kpalasa fone dey view/read as i stand for garage under bridge dey form egbe-wager.

man ust wack and gather for one final journey before one president will comman ga'an think of building african wall ooh.

grin grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 12:40pm On Mar 03, 2017
bbaby84:

Please have some baileys and strawberries....

Chai! I love you too

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chicagobound: 2:32pm On Mar 03, 2017
nefertitiram:

Chai! I love you too

Nefertitiram I hail thee!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 2:53pm On Mar 03, 2017
chicagobound:

Nefertitiram I hail thee!!!

Heyyyy! See my personal person! Hafa na! Nice you see you drop by
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shawlar(m): 3:00pm On Mar 03, 2017
olokings:

Hey mild middy..
how have ye been.

firsttymum, so this is aw you wee comman ga'an born pikin we wee noh evun no!...
shai... sha many congrats ooh on another star added to your pip.
happy for you.
shawlar, i am using corner eye and instinct to note that you are set and prep for no.2 journey..
good luck y'all

lol.... caught redhanded grin grin grin
As you, The General has retired (albeit temporarily),
I said I should do sharp sharp so I can retire on time like you.. lol
Regards to the wife & LOs.... Cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 3:08pm On Mar 03, 2017
olokings:

hustle on! Dollar has come down so please change your phone tongue
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by olaboss(f): 3:42pm On Mar 03, 2017
temmyo:
Please mamas and papas let's not forget to come back and write about are experiences, bills etc. haven't seen any of that lately. Especially people birthing in unpopular areas. Eg @olaboss. There was also one Florida bound mom too some pages back.

This is what has kept this thread going and if we stop giving back then there's no point telling newbies to 'go and read', what will they be reading?

So please please and please, no experience is trivial. @boluwagin I suggest you go to the records office and inquire there about how to correct the mistake or you call the vital records office. Please do share your experience and outcome when you have sorted it out. Gracias

Yaa sure my trip is still in May God's grace

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chipaully: 3:59pm On Mar 03, 2017
Hello people, A friend, her hubby n son got bi/b2 in july 2013 for vacation as a family which they all eventually travelled together with in oct 2013 but she stayed back to have a baby n now as they tried renewal were all denied thou evidence of payment wasn't asked.
can she apply for medical visa now thou she is not pregnant or do they all reapply again?
Her hubby sent a mail to them ytd n they just sent a generic reply today saying the same if u don't show enough reason to have ties to bring u back .......
pls any advice on how to go about reapplying so they wont be denied again.
Meanwhile this was how the interview for renewal went-
They just asked d usual if they have travelled b4, how long they stayed d last time.. Hubby said 3 wks, she said 11 wks.. he said y n she said she had a baby.. then he said when did u have d baby, she said dec 2013, then he said u got d visa in oct 2013? they corrected him n said no in july 2013..by now his countenance had changed.
Now asked what hubby does, n her too n how much they earn, then gave them d paper that they were not qualified for d visa.
He didn't even ask for evidence of payment or asked for any documents. .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sexymj(f): 4:01pm On Mar 03, 2017
Pepper them gang!
Always ready to trade insults. Smh.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ynkthomas: 4:48pm On Mar 03, 2017
Please, who is coming from the States to Nigeria this weekend or next week? I need your help, biko.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 4:55pm On Mar 03, 2017
Austine2020:
U are talking about morality? when u were given a non immigrant visa to travel to the US,did u tell them u will go there and stay? And u went and overstayed your visa and lived in the US as an illegal alien and I know u must have worked with someone's Resident permit or work illegally to better your life before u got yours,now u find it against the law because a woman didnt disclose her pregnancy the way u lied during your own interview. Sometimes u think that people are fools, i am in the same abroad as u are and i know how the system works. Most of the people that lives in abroad doesnt disclose that they will stay back illegally after their visa expired.Some seek asylum with the name of some warring countries to get status just to better their lives & future,. Even those VO's knows exactly what every woman is up to, once u come for your visas . U are just that type of greedy people that likes to climb the tree alone and take the ladder with them so that no one could climb and i know if u have your way u would have stopped birth tourism. Stop Using your Due Process level to voice your anger towards birthing in US & castigate people,,.,asshole!!

Impressive! grin I'm supposing you'll be back in church on Sunday to pray to a "god" who obviously doesn't care about honesty, integrity and calling others fools. Good luck with one.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 4:57pm On Mar 03, 2017
ojceskills:
I don't get why you keep referring to God as "god".I have no issues with your over conceited attitude but the habit of writing God in small letter is what exasperates me

Here is the point... if you care so much about capitalizing the alphabet used to spell GOD, shouldn't we expect people to also care more about the very things God himself says he is concerned about in Galatians and Philippians and other books of the Bible?

I am always impressed about the upside down spiritual logic of the average Nigerian.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Terese69: 5:27pm On Mar 03, 2017
Olokings abeg do quick make we touchdown Dallas by August/September before dem build the African wall o. Time still dey wink

olokings:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Miracletwinee: 5:28pm On Mar 03, 2017
@Twood. In as much as I appreciate your concern about people doing the right thing I take exception to you labeling an average Nigerian a scammer.fradulent and " corner cutter" you would be surprised that many of us had the opportunity of being a GC holder but we chose not to be one because we have better things doing here. Let me also advice you to be very careful the way you bring God into your banters and quote scriptures while calling yourselves names. Me and you no be mate ooo.so please don't come for me and if you do...........

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Topnotch22: 5:38pm On Mar 03, 2017
@msPapi, you should read this.

[qoute author=chipaully post=54238418]Hello people, A friend, her hubby n son got bi/b2 in july 2013 for vacation as a family which they all eventually travelled together with in oct 2013 but she stayed back to have a baby n now as they tried renewal were all denied thou evidence of payment wasn't asked.
can she apply for medical visa now thou she is not pregnant or do they all reapply again?
Her hubby sent a mail to them ytd n they just sent a generic reply today saying the same if u don't show enough reason to have ties to bring u back .......
They just asked d usual if they have travelled b4, how long they stayed d last time.. Hubby said 3 wks, she said 11 wks.. he said y n she said she had a baby.. then he said when did u have d baby, she said dec 2013, then he said u got d visa in oct 2013? they corrected him n said no in july 2013..by now his countenance had changed.
Now asked what hubby does, n her too n how much they earn, then gave them d paper that they were not qualified for d visa.
He didn't even ask for evidence of payment or asked for any documents. .[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Bisoye82: 5:57pm On Mar 03, 2017
Shawbabe:
Abeg has anyone flown Qatar recently? Are they turning people back? cheesy
Their deal to Miami is tempting
Flew Qatar recently, nothing like that tongue
Poe was Philly,our flight was the only flight that landed at the time,so no crowd as such and the CBP picked us from the queue because of the babies,the only question was how long are you staying? Chikena grin
Note of warning though for preggy mamas,Chicago is still a notorious entry/exit.our return leg is via Chicago though and before leaving the US i was gisting with hubby that I read here about someone who was interrogated about receipts/proof of payment for delivery before boarding her flight out of Chicago and hubby was like for what na,that na oversabinus grin but I was not worried because I carried mine along,
Lo and behold,after check in and Qatar don tear the longer part of the boarding pass and we are half way to the plane shocked geh geh see men in blue asking passports please grin,without pre-meditation I gave them Nigerian passports only for all us,they went through and identify each person and say you can go on.In all my trips have never passed through Chicago anyway but just to keep all informed sha.
On a lighter note,am happy to see all the shareholders of this thread commenting again kiss kiss kiss eg Olokings,nefertitiram,modath,firstymum,Shawbabe,Feddy27etc
Waiting for Nogen,sayoberry to wave too.
Justwise baba ibeji I hail o.
Cheers everyone

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 6:10pm On Mar 03, 2017
Miracletwinee:
@Twood. In as much as I appreciate your concern about people doing the right thing I take exception to you labeling an average Nigerian a scammer.fradulent and " corner cutter" you would be surprised that many of us had the opportunity of being a GC holder but we chose not to be one because we have better things doing here. Let me also advice you to be very careful the way you bring God into your banters and quote scriptures while calling yourselves names. Me and you no be mate ooo.so please don't come for me and if you do...........

..maybe you should not quote him and air your own view and still threatened him not to come for you.

Yes average Nigerian can hardly be trusted with a toilet brush let a lone something very precious.

I came back from Nigeria few hours ago and some Nigerians are really bad. From the bank to immigration asking for bribe and accepting one are just way of life.

There is no point coming here to defend God we don't respect and fear him, its all lip services.

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 6:15pm On Mar 03, 2017
Please!!! Can some hansa my queshun

freshdad:
Please someone asked a question some pages back and I dont think I saw a response.

Regarding the subsidized hospitals, I hope the JH stroger in chicago is not one of those hospitals that are for low income earners so that one doesnt get into future visa issues. I have not read anything on their site that states that by I would like to know if it is safe. thanks.

@Twoods @Iomwe @nefertitiram and any other boss(es) with knowledge of these matters

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mimimum: 6:27pm On Mar 03, 2017
Right about the GC thingy. Still holding off putting in my application, can't be travelling every 6 months to mark register. When person dey make better money for here. It's not like some of us don't have the opportunity to live in the abroad, but no be everybody the thing dey shak like that. Nigeria is no better, but we like am like that. For now at least. Maybe later in the future, something will change.
We are not happy that Nigeria is the way it is. But what can we do? We can only try to keep making it better and discourage dishonest behavior. For now, it is our country. Every country has got its own issues. The US with guns and senseless killings and others like that.
When I hear people throwing the "I live and work here" in people's faces, I laugh. Me sef dey UK for 3 years after school, na Nigeria i still end up. All my DH immediate family live in the US except him, I know how they all complain about life over there. I will now be wondering, what am I now running to do there permanently?

But people will not understand that some of us no really send. Born the pikin here, born am for there o, last last e go get blue kpali one day. Na time be the thing.

Miracletwinee:

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Bisoye82: 6:45pm On Mar 03, 2017
justwise:
[/b]

Yes average Nigerian can hardly be trusted with a toilet brush let a lone something very precious.
I came back from Nigeria few hours ago and some Nigerians are really bad. From the bank to immigration asking for bribe and accepting one are just way of life.
Ha Justwise embarassed embarassed embarassed honestly am embarrassed,mortified and horrified at the level of begging at the airport,Got back on Monday,from the way they are looking at you and form of greetings you will know that the next thing that you will hear is Oga/madam/Bros anything for us sad sad sad.I was pissed when one woman says ehm madam follow me after have finished with customs,yes which office/designation be una o,she said Quarantine shocked shocked shocked grin,my face/phonetics changed immediately,yes wetin happun undecided I carry seed,live animals,plants? madam abeg free me,oya come Quarantine pampers and Similac na. undecided
Geez.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by olokings(m): 6:45pm On Mar 03, 2017
Terese69:
Olokings abeg do quick make we touchdown Dallas by August/September before dem build the African wall o. Time still dey wink

6 UPSIDE DOWN 9.... you are very much on your own in that one... you no hear say I dey in sabbatical?!...
No 4 gboza in today's economy?.
Abeg dollar wee come down to N168 again by the time I'm crossing the seas again.
Shay u know ppl travelled in 510#-1$.

Don't worry I'm sending u ahead to find one sweet deal there dem I wee come.

PS: check out Baylor & Scott Carrollton. I think there's also one "medical kini-kon-kini" like dt in Carrollton. They got great deals..like way less than doctors' yo know.

Hehe
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 6:59pm On Mar 03, 2017
Bisoye82:

Ha Justwise embarassed embarassed embarassed honestly am embarrassed,mortified and horrified at the level of begging at the airport,Got back on Monday,from the way they are looking at you and form of greetings you will know that the next thing that you will hear is Oga/madam/Bros anything for us sad sad sad.I was pissed when one woman says ehm madam follow me after have finished with customs,yes which office/designation be una o,she said Quarantine shocked shocked shocked grin,my face/phonetics changed immediately,yes wetin happun undecided I carry seed,live animals,plants? madam abeg free me,oya come Quarantine pampers and Similac na. undecided
Geez.

When i arrived Nigeria two weeks ago the immigration offer at Abuja airport held my passport while asking me some random questions without searching my bag, i kept my cool and was giving him one-word answers then he asked what a brought for them i said bread his face changed and i was moved to another officer for another set of questions.. but i refused to bleed penny , when they got tired i was let go.

Only at Owerri airport that i witness a very professional behaviour from the immigration as they never asked for a penny or even touched my passport.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by akinlekans: 7:15pm On Mar 03, 2017
TWoods:

lol wait... Donald Trump is an American... he can lie from now till next week and he will still never have to present a DS160 form at the US embassy. You on the other hand...

The problem with most of you is your complete inability to think at all. You waffle on about "god"... you're the only set of folks who have to fast and pray for a visa while others simply grab a passport and take the next flight with no trouble. Have you asked yourself why you have to suffer the indignity of dismissive visa interviews? Its because of attitudes such as yours - comfortable with lying, proud of a history of fraud and ensconced in a lifestyle where the truth is but a mere inconvenience.

Allow me to jejely go and have my dinner... before the "respect" and "culture" crowd arrive. grin

I agree with you..we need to understand telling the truth can and will get you a visa..I applied for B1/B2 Visa with my wife in 2015 but i did the right thing by applying for medical visa for her for child birth...
Many people discouraged us that they will most likely deny us ...In fact in her application her duration of stay was 5 months ..Consular asked us the usual questions.....and we said the truth..to have our baby...we showed him email conversation we had with the hospital and we were granted the visa...i stayed for two weeks and she stayed for 5 months as planned.

She even went again last year 2016 with our baby and POE asked how long she will stay and she told him 4 months and she had no issue..of course expect to show them Zero balance of medical bills...

We renewed our visa last month via dropbox and we were not called for interview...

Guys, we need to change our orientation..Its not a crime to give birth in the US ...Consulars are well trained and they know all this things...

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by temmyo: 7:19pm On Mar 03, 2017
olokings:

Are you sure you are not a member of my family? Forming egbewager since 1999.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 7:34pm On Mar 03, 2017
Miracletwinee:

Cut the silly crap. You waste a bunch of megabytes to whine about me then end up by saying not to come for you? Did I reference you or any of your posts at anytime?

Grow up please. I'm sure there are more important posts you could be responding to. I think God is able to defend Himself too.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 7:38pm On Mar 03, 2017
chipaully:
Hello people, A friend, her hubby n son got bi/b2 in july 2013 for vacation as a family which they all eventually travelled together with in oct 2013 but she stayed back to have a baby n now as they tried renewal were all denied thou evidence of payment wasn't asked.
He didn't even ask for evidence of payment or asked for any documents. .

There was no point he asking to see evidence of payment. Misrepresentation is a much bigger issue. They obtained a visa for vacation and she stayed to have a baby. Some call that lying, others say it's an abuse of a visa. Good luck to them.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ANIT1: 7:43pm On Mar 03, 2017
sexymj:

Hi. I just got here on monday. I flew turkish @34+ wks. I got a git to fly 4rm my doctor but the turkish officials in Nigeria asked me to get fit to fly from port health.
I advise u wear loose clothing as well, although i wasnt disturbed @istanbul.

Sexymj my flight is for 10:45pm and I guess so was yours too,at what time did you get to the airport as regards getting a fit to fly from port health and do they have closing hours.

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.