Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (977637 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 9:35am On Mar 13, 2017
Kindly enlighten me on the bolded. Thanks
nefertitiram:
The poster above...

Every mallam to his kettle. If being truthful doesn't work for you no problem.

The actual fact is this is an online public forum, and even though naija get their ways, it is saddening that posts like your is rubbing the mud further in our faces and confirming to anyone out there that Nigerians are deceptive by nature. Which isn't so! You are also encouraging others to cut corners which can land them in deeper trouble and you won't be there to bail them out when the shit hits the fan.

Accepted our ancestors were exported in crates, isn't it odd that till date, we are still exporting ourselves to US...

Have you also wondered why the US allows visitors have their babies (as long as you pay your bills) and I hope you know by giving birth in the US we are mortgaging the future of our children except they renounce their citizenship. I know most of us are aware of the future implication of what we are doing.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 9:57am On Mar 13, 2017
freshdad:

Google FATCA.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mimimum: 10:10am On Mar 13, 2017
I think she is referring to FATCA. Where our US born children must pay tax to the US govt irrespective of where they live and work around the world when they become of age.
My uncle inlaw renounced his US citizenship and took up Australian citizenship when the opportunity presented itself. In his words "US citizenship is too expensive for me".
freshdad:

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 10:41am On Mar 13, 2017
mimimum:
I think she is referring to FATCA. Where our US born children must pay tax to the US govt irrespective of where they live and work around the world when they become of age.
My uncle inlaw renounced his US citizenship and took up Australian citizenship when the opportunity presented itself. In his words "US citizenship is too expensive for me".

Collect 1 carton of Orijin! Tell them to bill my hotel room grin

Hopefully our children no go vex for us later in the future when double taxation hits their accounts every month. LASG PAYE, FIRS, lastma, tenement rate, local govt, hackney, peckham, Buckingham grin come and add FACTA to it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mimimum: 10:45am On Mar 13, 2017
Nne biko give me small stout. grin

nefertitiram:

Collect 1 carton of Orijin! Tell them to bill my hotel room
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by baslone: 11:46am On Mar 13, 2017
mamacajah:
Hello, I don't know if you have completed the process , but if you are in a hurry, then for the Nigerian passport, there is a business centre opposite the embassy. The costs are there.

Yea, thank you very much.

I actually have completed it using the same centre as well

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fatima04: 1:23pm On Mar 13, 2017
fatima04:
Ohh really? I wasnt given such forms during my application. Should I have attached that or what? Havent read anything of such on the thread and also the lady at the xounty office just filled the zeros once i said he hasnt been issued.

To confirm the letter is a must right? Kindly enlighten me more because have been delayed with this and would like to know the exact thing I should have done

Abeg oo anybody with information on this challenge to know if i will be further delayed so as to start planning ahead ooo. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austine2020: 1:57pm On Mar 13, 2017
nefertitiram:

Collect 1 carton of Orijin! Tell them to bill my hotel room grin

Hopefully our children no go vex for us later in the future when double taxation hits their accounts every month. LASG PAYE, FIRS, lastma, tenement rate, local govt, hackney, peckham, Buckingham grin come and add FACTA to it.
I prefer to mortgage my children's future as a US citizen than to mortgage it as a NIgerian citizen,Lol. Even if its for the freedom of easy travelling to about 160 countries freely,its enough. If my parents mortgaged my future as a US citizen,will i be here on Nairaland discussing birthing in the US? Lol. All in all,our kids will grow up tomorrow to thank & appreciate us for this wonderful sacrifice we made to better their future. Kudos to everyone who has made this sacrifice and the one's that are about to do so notwithstanding the hardship and dollar scarcity we face in this Buhari Era,it really worth it. God Bless u all (Onyenwe anyi gbaa unu ume)!

22 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 2:20pm On Mar 13, 2017
Austine2020:
I prefer to mortgage my children's future as a US citizen than to mortgage it as a NIgerian citizen,Lol. Even if its for the freedom of easy travelling to about 160 countries freely,its enough. If my parents mortgaged my future as a US citizen,will i be here on Nairaland discussing birthing in the US? Lol. All in all,our kids will grow up tomorrow to thank & appreciate us for this wonderful sacrifice we made to better their future. Kudos to everyone who has made this sacrifice and the one's that are about to do so notwithstanding the hardship and dollar scarcity we face in this Buhari Era,it really worth it. God Bless u all (Onyenwe anyi gbaa unu ume)!

Every mallam with his kettle. At least people should be aware of the future than to be caught unawares. That's why I mentioned it. It is not a topic for debate

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 2:46pm On Mar 13, 2017
^^^ totally agree it's not a topic for debate.

It's just that a lot of well intending mamas and papas are totally unaware of the FACTA arrangement.

That is where the problem is.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by desoul: 5:52pm On Mar 13, 2017
Yimiks:
Hello @desoul, how is family? Please I need your assistance concerning Medical Center of McKinney. I plan to have my baby there by God's grace. I will be glad if you send your email to reach out. My Email (missivory@gmail.com) .
Thank you
ask your questions here
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by desoul: 5:58pm On Mar 13, 2017
where is our Sanitation prefect, @officail justwise kindly help us clear all these agurments and abusive words..this part 5 go soon full oooo, I take God beg you!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 6:27pm On Mar 13, 2017
anonymousmum:
^^^ totally agree it's not a topic for debate.

It's just that a lot of well intending mamas and papas are totally unaware of the FACTA arrangement.

That is where the problem is.

You totally get me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by JMarines: 8:59pm On Mar 13, 2017
nefertitiram:
You were not pregnant when you got your visa so I dont think you have any problem, or will have anyproblem. Just take along the proper birthing documents and lots of cash when crossing POE

Thank you nefertitiram.
Please anyone else with a piece(s) of advice for me?
Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Yimiks: 9:01pm On Mar 13, 2017
desoul:

ask your questions here
Hello,
The doctor I contacted at McKinney didn't send the breakdown of the services at the hospital like others did. I wanted to confirm if it was same with you. But he said he wants to see my medical records first. So, thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by baeboss: 10:34pm On Mar 13, 2017
debbyomi:

Hey hey...I'm staying in Grand Prarie and using JPS. When are you due

I'm due in May. Pls can we connect. Thank u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by bukiformee: 1:33am On Mar 14, 2017
Please house,who has information on any hospital and doctor in Chicago that I can get in touch with urgently? Bikooooo
dupe007:
Good evening all, please am still looking for hospital and doctor in Chicago or anybody that has delivered there should please help with the cost estimate. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chanbaby: 1:42am On Mar 14, 2017
fatima04:
Hello house, seems i have a unique challenge i think. Applied for US passport 27th of Feb and was told to fill in zeros for the SSN. I just received a mail now from the passport office,telling me to send the SSN or sign an attestation to that effect.

Has anyone encountered this? How do I go about it cos my travel date is dangerously here ooo. Thanks for suggestions in advance grin

If u havent received the ssn u can go to Social security administration with ur childs birth certificate and immunization card and they will give u ur child's ssn not the card. Go early cos the crowd is usually much.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by desoul: 6:33am On Mar 14, 2017
Yimiks:

Hello,
The doctor I contacted at McKinney didn't send the breakdown of the services at the hospital like others did. I wanted to confirm if it was same with you. But he said he wants to see my medical records first. So, thank you.
I was already in the states when I contacted them..yes he did request for my medical history before accepting to deliver me, it saved a lot of cash for me cos, he accepted some of the results I did in naija.so you can try emailing your test result to him,after going through it, he will definately send you his breakdown services.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by AJokeol: 7:24am On Mar 14, 2017
Hi ladies, for those that travelled with their toddlers to have a baby, did you carry their care seat and another one for the new baby? Or did you have to buy a new car seat there? Any June North side Hospital Atlanta moms in the house?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by deeore: 8:50am On Mar 14, 2017
Hello all,
Wow, its been more than a year since i popped in... Choi i sincerely apologize. No missionary journey for me as i don hang boot for now. Just checking on you guys. @firsttymum congrats on your addition... I dont know if you still remember me, but we went on the missionary journey about the same time in 2015. @neferititiram @boldinc @justwise @modath these are the few handles that stuck to my brain... Thanks for keeping this place alive...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drfdee: 9:11am On Mar 14, 2017
For those using oakbend medical centre dre is accommodation very close to d hospital.if u r interested in sharing d accommodation pls let mi know. I will be in houston on thursday.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 9:13am On Mar 14, 2017
deeore:
Hello all,
Wow, its been more than a year since i popped in... Choi i sincerely apologize. No missionary journey for me as i don hang boot for now. Just checking on you guys. @firsttymum congrats on your addition... I dont know if you still remember me, but we went on the missionary journey about the same time in 2015. @neferititiram @boldinc @justwise @modath these are the few handles that stuck to my brain... Thanks for keeping this place alive...

Ehugs.

Thanks for dropping by
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boldinc(m): 9:32am On Mar 14, 2017
We meet here again! Great to have you back... Seems boot has been hung for me as well!

deeore:
Hello all,
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 10:39am On Mar 14, 2017
AJokeol:
Hi ladies, for those that travelled with their toddlers to have a baby, did you carry their care seat and another one for the new baby? Or did you have to buy a new car seat there? Any June North side Hospital Atlanta moms in the house?

I'm taking the car seat and stroller (travel system) with me. I plan to use the stroller for ny toddler during shopping and all. When baby comes, toddler go start to use leg oh grin
Then I'm also buying a front facing car seat for my toddler. For use in Naija
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MsDenise: 10:41am On Mar 14, 2017
AJokeol:

Hi, I'm traveling with my toddler car seat plus a baby car seat/stroller for the LO.
My toddler is 3 so she has a seat on the plane plus a 2 piece luggage allowance on Emirates and I get to carry a stroller/car seat for free.

If you toddler is under 2 years and is being carried on your lap, you may need to adjust your luggage i.e. Fit smaller suitcases into bigger ones to reduce luggage count, consider dropping a suitcase or two in Naija and packing 'Ghana must go' bags ( they are lighter and can carry a great deal) etc.
It depends on the airline but they may make a concession to carry an extra car seat for your baby. Good luck

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MrsM: 11:39am On Mar 14, 2017
Hello people...I have a question. During my Dropbox renewal I stated June as my travel date. Depending on when I get the cheapest flight I might have to travel next month or in May. Will this cause any problems for me at POE? Has anyone on here travelled before their specified intended date of travel with no problems?
Note that I put June because the visa I had was going to Expire in May..I didn't want to have an expired visa on my trip even if they stamped me in for 6months.
Thank you!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oyin3: 2:42pm On Mar 14, 2017
I have been to 4 banks in all today(Gbt, Skye), sad
No Pta, is this a new development? Anyone got pta recently, and where?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MsDenise: 2:44pm On Mar 14, 2017
MrsM:
Hello people...I have a question. During my Dropbox renewal I stated June as my travel date. Depending on when I get the cheapest flight I might have to travel next month or in May. Will this cause any problems for me at POE? Has anyone on here travelled before their specified intended date of travel with no problems?
Note that I put June because the visa I had was going to Expire in May..I didn't want to have an expired visa on my trip even if they stamped me in for 6months.
Thank you!

No problems at all. Plans change. As long as the purpose for which you are traveling remains constant i.e. Holiday, medical, business etc with what you told your VO / filled during your Dropbox application, I believe you should be fine.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by titileps: 2:55pm On Mar 14, 2017
I think it's the branches you went to that do not have dollars. I don't think it's about the bank. I know someone who got PTA today from sterling bank. I enquired of PTA from GTB here in PH and was told only 2 branches in PH handles it. I think it's wrong for you to be turned back saying no PTA. CBN gave guidelines and that all request be treated within 24hrs. I will advise you check another big branch to tender your request.

oyin3:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 3:02pm On Mar 14, 2017
oyin3:

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.