Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,435 members, 7,815,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (232) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (976993 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 2:24pm On May 23, 2017
Babatwi:

I guess the question of "How much Per month?" Is for the person that said she has a furnished apartment for rent in Maryland .

Yup.

You are correct
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 2:54pm On May 23, 2017
nefertitiram:

Yup.

You are correct

o baby! how body grin grin grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 5:03pm On May 23, 2017
Apple19:

Hahhaha cheesy not yet sis, still TTC.
that's why I prophesied na

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boluwagin: 5:11pm On May 23, 2017
Hello Mama's and Papas,

Please I need an opinion on something, Bankers in the house please help out... I need to open an account for my LO, I heard one of the requirement is LO birth certificate which has be the issued in Nigeria. And I think it would be contradictory to get another done for him here in Nigeria. Don't know if anyone has been in this situation before, what did you do?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by modath(f): 5:20pm On May 23, 2017
boluwagin:
Hello Mama's and Papas,

Please I need an opinion on something, Bankers in the house please help out... I need to open an account for my LO, I heard one of the requirement is LO birth certificate which has be the issued in Nigeria. And I think it would be contradictory to get another done for him here in Nigeria. Don't know if anyone has been in this situation before, what did you do?

My son opened one with his yankee BC in Stanbic even with the void watermark boldly displayed on it.... You don't need to procure another one, It's even duplicity sef, where in naija you born am? smiley

@ feddy27 ,

Looking you in 333D with my dark goggles grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boldbabe: 5:40pm On May 23, 2017
boluwagin:
Hello Mama's and Papas,

Use your birth certificate from abroad and open the account as many banks wont raise an eyebrow.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Colouredgirl: 5:50pm On May 23, 2017
Skye bank didn't ask me for BC anywais...
boluwagin:
Hello Mama's and Papas,

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 6:12pm On May 23, 2017
ifybabe4real:
Please i need help. which is the best POE for Chicago? is JFK (New York) ok? is it better to do the connecting flight from naija or when i land? if i travel thru new York is it safe to to return via Chicago. if yes which of the Chicago airport is best safe. please i need urgent response so i can book my ticket asap. thanks mummy's in the house
u can do jfk... Connect to MIDWAY from jfk or laguardia ...
That's d "safest" I guess
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 6:14pm On May 23, 2017
boluwagin:
Hello Mama's and Papas,

I used my kids BC like that.... U can use their naija passport if the BC is an ish

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jossy404: 9:00pm On May 23, 2017
Abeg oo. ....make una no vex..... where is LADY G? I missed her gist on this thread......

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by tolulope9009: 9:39pm On May 23, 2017
[quote author=boluwagin post=56805483]Hello Mama's and Papas,

Please I need an opinion on something, Bankers in the house please help out... I need to open an account for my LO.

Hallo. I opened an account for mine @ gtb. His foreign birth certificate sufficed. I didn't have to get another here. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by modath(f): 9:53pm On May 23, 2017
Hello Good People..

A friend in Texas is in need of some medications urgently, anyone traveling that wouldn't mind assisting should either signify or use the contact on siggy...

Thanks in advance. ...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 8:36am On May 24, 2017
Yes I was in this situation in fact it was in January this year I went to first bank to open an account for my LO after submitting BC (us) ,Nigerian international passport for ID I was told to go and expect the account number but to my surprise it never came after 3 days I went back only to be told that I should bring birth certificate from Nigeria my God I was so vexed. The issue even made 2 of the managers in the branch to quarrel. The marketing manger said the US BC should suffice while the branch manager insisted on getting the Nigeria birth registration.
I think it's all depends on who is in charge.
But I just went to the LGA council which was close and got a birth registration/certificate at the cost of 500 naira. It's 500 multiplied by the number of years meanwhile it should be free.
Just don't mind them give to them and move on
If you are in rivers state You can also get it from the nearest primary health center ,LGA council or UPTH and other government health facilities to you.
boluwagin:
Hello Mama's and Papas,

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by temmyo: 9:42am On May 24, 2017
If you procure a Nigerian BC for a child not born in Nigeria what details will be on it? Place of birth, etc? Isn't that kinda like fraudulent? Or will it still show that the child was born outside the country? Why will banks insist on such? #thinkingoutloud

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 9:48am On May 24, 2017
modath:

My son opened one with his yankee BC in Stanbic even with the void watermark boldly displayed on it.... You don't need to procure another one, It's even duplicity sef, where in naija you born am? smiley

@ fed..dy27 ,

Looking you in 333D with my dark goggles grin

Mo, Tuale oooo!!!!!!!! Your girl is loyal grin grin grin

Talking of birth certificate, I had issues with diamond bank and had to close the account cos they kept disturbing me to produce a naija birth certificate for my son which I refused. GTB opened with his US BC without any challenge.

I see it as fraudulent and wonder why they insist on it. What will I fill as place of birth...mchewwww

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Miracletwinee: 10:19am On May 24, 2017
chibertha:
Yes I was in this situation in fact it was in January this year I went to first bank to open an account for my LO after submitting BC (us) ,Nigerian international passport for ID I was told to go and expect the account number but to my surprise it never came after 3 days I went back only to be told that I should bring birth certificate from Nigeria my God I was so vexed. The issue even made 2 of the managers in the branch to quarrel. The marketing manger said the US BC should suffice while the branch manager insisted on getting the Nigeria birth registration.
I think it's all depends on who is in charge.
But I just went to the LGA council which was close and got a birth registration/certificate at the cost of 500 naira. It's 500 multiplied by the number of years meanwhile it should be free.
Just don't mind them give to them and move on
If you are in rivers state You can also get it from the nearest primary health center ,LGA council or UPTH and other government health facilities to you.

Hello everyone. Just passing by. I saw someone asking of Lady G. She's been on my mind for a while too. Abeg Lady G we miss you ooo. just flash small.
For the birth certificate issue I will advice us not to jeopardize our children's chances in future. The birth certificate or registration is only for children born in the country. I was also in that dilemma when I wanted to open an account with GTB for my children. I went to one of the local Govt council and they asked me where I had the children and I told them in the US. And they said they only give birth certificate to children born in the country but you know the Nigerian factor, they said they will help me if I can pay 'something extra'
There is a column on the form for place of birth and they said I should write Eti-Osa which obviously is a lie. I just said NO thank you and I left.
Moral of the story : what if the child need to get an important appointment in future and a dispute arises as to his place of birth? The child can be accused of possessing different birth certificates.
Please let's do the right thing. Go to another branch present the birth certificate if he has a passport go along with it and your own passport as well. The only issue I had was that the name on the children's birth certificate does not correspond to the one on my passport. I explained that they use mother's maiden name for birth certificate in the US. I was asked to attach a copy of my marriage certificate and that was all the account was opened.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Sundayschooltea: 10:46am On May 24, 2017
Good am house. I am a new member but have previously given birth in the US (Dr Fagbohun of Oak bend) last year. I learnt the doctor fee and oak bend fees had gone up. Please can I have updates on cheaper doctors and hospitals in Houston, Texas. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jesufifunmi: 10:47am On May 24, 2017
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by borryworld: 11:22am On May 24, 2017
Miracletwinee:

Hello everyone. Just passing by. I saw someone asking of Lady G. She's been on my mind for a while too. Abeg Lady G we miss you ooo. just flash small.
For the birth certificate issue I will advice us not to jeopardize our children's chances in future. The birth certificate or registration is only for children born in the country. I was also in that dilemma when I wanted to open an account with GTB for my children. I went to one of the local Govt council and they asked me where I had the children and I told them in the US. And they said they only give birth certificate to children born in the country but you know the Nigerian factor, they said they will help me if I can pay 'something extra'
There is a column on the form for place of birth and they said I should write Eti-Osa which obviously is a lie. I just said NO thank you and I left.
Moral of the story : what if the child need to get an important appointment in future and a dispute arises as to his place of birth? The child can be accused of possessing different birth certificates.
Please let's do the right thing. Go to another branch present the birth certificate if he has a passport go along with it and your own passport as well. The only issue I had was that the name on the children's birth certificate does not correspond to the one on my passport. I explained that they use mother's maiden name for birth certificate in the US. I was asked to attach a copy of my marriage certificate and that was all the account was opened.
It all depend on how informed all involved are. Citizenship defers from country to country. For Citizenship in Nigeria, we have by birth, registration and naturalization. Many mistake citizen by birth to being born in Nigeria. Meanwhile, the constitution state as follows: "Every person born in Nigeria before the date of independence, either of whose parents or any of whose grandparents belongs or belonged to a community indigenous to Nigeria; Provided that a person shall not become a citizen of Nigeria by virtue of this section if neither of his parents nor any of his grandparents was born in Nigeria. Every person born in Nigeria after the date of independence either of whose parents or any of whose grandparents is a citizen of Nigeria; and Every person born outside Nigeria either of whose parents is a citizen of Nigeria" section 25
From the stated, No banker should ask for a made in Nigerian BC, and if you must get one it should be clearly stated that the child was born in a foreign land.

My question for those who has gotten a Nigerian passport for their Yankee LO, What is stated as the place of birth?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by adeola1289: 11:54am On May 24, 2017
boldbabe:

Use your birth certificate from abroad and open the account as many banks wont raise an eyebrow, though a friend of mine that wanted to open in diamond bank said they insisted it must be a Nigerian birth certificate which she later did at a health centre.

An International passport will suffice with diamond bank instead of having a Nigerian birth certificate
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by borryworld: 12:15pm On May 24, 2017
Look up my post and you will see reason why you shouldn't mention name
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by favouredmum: 12:15pm On May 24, 2017
borryworld:
It all depend on how informed all involved are. Citizenship defers from country to country. For Citizenship in Nigeria, we have by birth, registration and naturalization. Many mistake citizen by birth to being born in Nigeria. Meanwhile, the constitution state as follows: "Every person born in Nigeria before the date of independence, either of whose parents or any of whose grandparents belongs or belonged to a community indigenous to Nigeria; Provided that a person shall not become a citizen of Nigeria by virtue of this section if neither of his parents nor any of his grandparents was born in Nigeria. Every person born in Nigeria after the date of independence either of whose parents or any of whose grandparents is a citizen of Nigeria; and Every person born outside Nigeria either of whose parents is a citizen of Nigeria" section 25
From the stated, No banker should ask for a made in Nigerian BC, and if you must get one it should be clearly stated that the child was born in a foreign land.

My question for those who has gotten a Nigerian passport for their Yankee LO, What is stated as the place of birth?

The Nigerian passport for my daughter has USA as place of birth.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by favouredmum: 12:15pm On May 24, 2017
borryworld:

The Nigerian passport for my daughter has USA as place of birth.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jesufifunmi: 12:32pm On May 24, 2017
Borryworld, kindly unquote me. I just deleted my previous post. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jesufifunmi: 12:33pm On May 24, 2017
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 12:45pm On May 24, 2017
borryworld:

Place of birth is stated USA
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Joyeka: 1:46pm On May 24, 2017
please am also interested....my email is jekye2001@yahoocom
Bimsebony:

@phummy1821
Awwwh, are you serious? Ok please here is my email bimsebony@yahoo.com. kindly send me an email on this. Biko. Thanks dear.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by YETI28: 1:48pm On May 24, 2017
temmyo:
If you procure a Nigerian BC for a child not born in Nigeria what details will be on it? Place of birth, etc? Isn't that kinda like fraudulent? Or will it still show that the child was born outside the country? Why will banks insist on such? #thinkingoutloud
Is not fraudulent..it's still the US details that will b on it..they just want a certificate that has "the federal republic on Nigeria" on it.thats it.
Details on d cert: place of birth,country of birth,date of birth, parents name n date of birth.. Dats it..hospital way I collect immunizations na where them give me.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by JKJ6: 2:03pm On May 24, 2017
[quote author=ANIT1 post=56390302][/quote]

Hello Ma'am,
Please, i sent you a PM. kindly respond. thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 2:04pm On May 24, 2017
In my case place of birth on the registration form as it is called is Houston. If not I for waka straight.
Miracletwinee:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 2:08pm On May 24, 2017
Yes Yankee is stated as place of birth.

borryworld:

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.