Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,186 members, 7,860,260 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:28 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (988422 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 17, 2016
please any dec2017 mama in the house.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Modele35: 11:12am On Nov 17, 2016
Hello I know its possible i have a friend who does it for her mum and dad all the time. when i was coming back with my baby last year, i booked and paid frm US
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boldinc(m): 11:32am On Nov 17, 2016
From what you say, it seems you were pregnant when you got your visa and didn't declare it at the embassy... Like you said, you're in your last trimester and you got your visa in July!

Have you used it for the purpose you gave during your interview? If not, chances you will have issues at POE are high!

olaboss:
Hello house please I need ur best advice I got a 2 years us visa with my family in July and now am pregnat I wish to give birth there should I still go and inform them that I will be giving birth in us or I should just go?
If am in my last trimester will they allow me ?
Please what procedure should I take

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 11:34am On Nov 17, 2016
olaboss:
Hello house please I need ur best advice I got a 2 years us visa with my family in July and now am pregnat I wish to give birth there should I still go and inform them that I will be giving birth in us or I should just go?
If am in my last trimester will they allow me ?
Please what procedure should I take
were u pregnant during the interview? If yes? We're u asked?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 11:39am On Nov 17, 2016
jaypisces:

Please what is the implication of overstaying in the US after your Visa expiration and how does it affect subsequent visa renewal and visits
I have answered u.
There no implication. What's important is how long u r stamped in. That u shldnt exceed
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Topboyz5: 11:43am On Nov 17, 2016
oniwoski:
Pls anyone using HNMC dis december....i need accomodation within that axis.....we can rub mind together as i dnt mind sharing one or getting something cheap. Help a sister...i'll be leaving weekend

Google "Studio 6, extended stay.". There are many across the city. Look for the one close to the hospital.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by cutelass: 12:21pm On Nov 17, 2016
jaypisces:
@manlikegb God bless you

Jaypisces, make sure u send notification of intent to the embassy. A family friend who had travelled to the US severally before giving birth there, was called in for interview after she did dropbox and is now on a 5 year ban for not informing the embassy. U would also need copy of the email and the response from the embassy for POE, just in case. Also correspondence with Dr and proof of funds

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by olaboss(f): 1:34pm On Nov 17, 2016
I wasn't pregnant during the interview I got my visa July 2016 I got pregnant October my dd will be 2017 am planning of travelling May 2017 then I will be in my last trimester so my questions are
1. should I go back and declare it before I travel and how?
2. Will I be denied if my Tommy is already big.
Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by OmoBendel24: 1:39pm On Nov 17, 2016
olaboss:
I wasn't pregnant during the interview I got my visa July 2016 I got pregnant October my dd will be 2017 am planning of travelling May 2017 then I will be in my last trimester so my questions are
Thanks.
Have you used the visa for the purpose for which it was issued at all or something? That's key.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by lami88: 1:43pm On Nov 17, 2016
cutelass:

Jaypisces, make sure u send notification of intent to the embassy. A family friend who had travelled to the US severally before giving birth there, was called in for interview after she did dropbox and is now on a 5 year ban for not informing the embassy. U would also need copy of the email and the response from the embassy for POE, just in case. Also correspondence with Dr and proof of funds

I want to believe there's more to this story. Like you said the visa has been used severally in the past. I don't want to believe the embassy will place you on a ban because you have birth in the US. It's a diff case if you conceal or misrepresented facts at the time of interview.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drafrican: 1:45pm On Nov 17, 2016
oniwoski:
Hi dearies....can someone help with this....Turkish airline vs Ethiopian or klm...which is better for a preggie........its quite urgent pleeeeeeaaasssse
Depends on where you are headed.
If ur transit is over 8hrs Ethiopian wud definately lodge you,Turkish and klm is 50:50
Not sure how u wud come sitting in d airport for 8-10 hrs transit so wud go with Ethiopian
Forgot to add just imagine ur flying aero lol

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ozycy: 2:15pm On Nov 17, 2016
cutelass:

Ghen ghen

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by olaboss(f): 2:33pm On Nov 17, 2016
No I haven't use it all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 2:38pm On Nov 17, 2016
Chanbaby, your agent is trying to play a fast one by telling you lies!

I used Turkish. The airline can't work on a ticket you bought frm an agent until you've used one leg of the ticket.

As for infant ticket, don't sweat it. You can pay at the airport. Bought my baby's own for $79 tho' I paid in naira to their abuja office. The lady in front of me during check in paid at the counter there.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dere5: 3:01pm On Nov 17, 2016
olaboss:
Thanks.
I would advice you to get a pen and a jotter and start reading and taking notes,the dept of information you will find here is unequal to non and will help you a great deal.
Thank God you were not pregnant when visa was issued,cause if you were,they might say that you were trying to conceal it that was why you dint volunteer the info.
I would sincerely advice you to send the embassy a change of intent letter (samples are on this forum) You do this by sending the embassy a CHANGE OF INTENT email
I don't think you will be denied because your tommy is big,that's what happens when you are pregnant now?

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Topboyz5: 3:30pm On Nov 17, 2016
olaboss:
Thanks.

Have you used the visa for the original INTENT you stated at the embassy? If not, why have you Not ? The importance of change of intent can not be overemphasised in case of POE.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drafrican: 3:34pm On Nov 17, 2016
Topboyz5:

Have you used the visa for the original INTENT you stated at the embassy? If not, why have you Not ? The importance of change of intent can not be overemphasised in case of POE.
Just notify them to avoid any stories that touch
Applied for a virgin USA visa in April had LO in May
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oniwoski: 4:06pm On Nov 17, 2016
drafrican:

Depends on where you are headed.
If ur transit is over 8hrs Ethiopian wud definately lodge you,Turkish and klm is 50:50
Not sure how u wud come sitting in d airport for 8-10 hrs transit so wud go with Ethiopian
Forgot to add just imagine ur flying aero lol

Sry dear...i dont understand the aero part.....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sugah: 4:13pm On Nov 17, 2016
Gurlnext2u please what's the baggage allowance for infant on Lufthansa?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 4:23pm On Nov 17, 2016
sugah:
Gurlnext2u please what's the baggage allowance for infant on Lufthansa?
I box weighing 23kg
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 4:27pm On Nov 17, 2016
olaboss:
Thanks.

U can write a change of intent... But be ready to explain why u didn't use it for the intended purpose...

2. Are u planning to conceal ur pregnancy? It's even more dangerous.

What ever u do, don't misrepresent, don't lie, don't hide, don't conceal..

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TripleKMama: 4:28pm On Nov 17, 2016
URGENT BA INQUIRY
Pls can one stil book BA flight over d phone and pay at GTB? The one with $30 service fee? Anyone done it lately?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by brooklyn20: 4:51pm On Nov 17, 2016
finegirlna:
please any july2017 mama in the house.

Present ma. Am july2017 mama
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sugah: 4:54pm On Nov 17, 2016
firsttymum:

I box weighing 23kg
Thanks dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nneka3000: 5:07pm On Nov 17, 2016
I have been trying to share my Poe experience but it is not submitting
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nneka3000: 5:11pm On Nov 17, 2016
In the spirit of giving back, I left abuja on 6th of October to Uk on BA Stayed till Nov 15th,my Dh came in Nov 8th and we left yesterday 16th Nov on BA.we arrived by 1.50pm, the line was long but moved fast. proceeded to the cbp lady officer . To the main interview:
Me: Hello
Cbp: responded
Cbp: What are you here for?
Me: To give birth to my baby and Dh to attend cousin's Wedding (on Saturday)
Cbp: do you have a doctor?
Me: yes, gave dr's correspondence
Cbp: is this your 1st time in Us?
Dh and I : no, came last year for family vacation
Cbp: did you contact a doctor when you came?
Me: before the trip ( I lost the baby before the trip)
Cbp: How much do you have. I can see you declared more than $10,000
Dh: we have $11k, £1628, 800 Euro, N 3465
Cbp: Where do you work?
Me: Homemaker,Dh: Bank officer
Cbp: Wait over there someone will come for you.( secondary inspection)

sent for secondary inspection , see a lot of people, saw a pregnant Nigerian lady wearing green gown,lovely gown . She was allowed in after 1 hour .spent Almost 2hours .we were called finally he asked how much we had since we declared above $ 10k imagine delayed for only cash to be counted . No document checked, no question about Doctor or accommodation asked . Told him ,took us to a room confirmed only the dollars and stamped us in till 17th May 2017

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nneka3000: 5:22pm On Nov 17, 2016
Went to collect our bags, sent to custom and agric to confirm cash and food we declared ( Egusi (melon) plantain flour ( Amala) bought from someone that packages,crayfish,pepper soup spices,garri,dry fish Asa, medium bottle palm oil and my husband 's fresh ginger Was seized Dried grinder ginger is allowed. Left the airport By 5.55pm, picked by dh's cousin ,drive to San Antonio was long. He lives there and wedding is there. Got to hotel 11.45pm.

God took control of everything. Pray,pray and be yourself. God's got our back

Wish all mother successful entry and delivery of our LO, healthy mum,healthy baby(ies),healthy dad and plenty money.

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 17, 2016
i have sent you a pm
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by NorthernshoreTS(m): 9:38pm On Nov 17, 2016
TripleKMama:
TKM Jnr arrived today. grin 4wks early. To God be all glory! We're doing well. Details later.
Congrats on the birth of your LO 3pleKM. May she grow up to be great.
Pls i have a request. Do still by any chance have $$ available for sale? I have urgent need for it.
Hope to hear from you at your convenience. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by olaboss(f): 11:56pm On Nov 17, 2016
Thanks to u all for your advice am glad to be here.
The us visa was given to us Base on the fact that we want to attend a wedding and the wedding has been shifted that's why I haven't gone if I should send this change of intent letter
will it affect the initial wedding invitation?
The visa was given to me my hubby and my first child
Will the letter affect theirs?
Please oo what king of explanation will I give in the letter?
It's actually my first time of having a US visa
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (416)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.