Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (276) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (976522 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TripleKMama: 9:26pm On Jul 09, 2017
Peeps jus dey run helter skelter in d name of birthing abroad. Some wan copy other pipo's experience verbatim.
Dis race is very personal o. Grab all d advice,tips n experiences and tailor dem to suit u. Peeps be asking funny kweshions sha!
Some pipo stil dey find shared accommodation for Chicago till thy kingdom come. It is well.
#JulyMusings
TripleKMama:
Spot on. . QED

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Gorgeousmum: 10:42pm On Jul 09, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Your strongest tie is in the US, your husband, even if you intend to come back to Nigeria after childbirth, the VO is bound by law to assume that you have migrant intent - basically tell your husband to apply for you to join him in the US, as the VO codedly tells in his question.

"Vo: where's your husband
Me:He resides in the US
Vo: why is he not filing for you"

Thanks alot for your response,guess I should just forget about reapplying for now then...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by alafefeyeye: 10:43pm On Jul 09, 2017
[quote author=freshdad post=58284116]its has been sang over and over again her that one should avoid.... it wont affect you now but it may at the point of Dropbox

@freshdad can you please explain how it may affect at the point of drop box(pls also explain wat drop box means as i dont understand
thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by babythug(f): 11:06pm On Jul 09, 2017
goobyparks:

Good evening @Dwebb55 . I'm new here, don't even know where and hw to pm here. I have a relative in Norfolk so I'm searching for hospitals around Norfolk, Hampton, Newport New, Chesapeake & co . All the OBGYN I contacted were asking that I send medical record via fax before I can even correspond with Dr. Some even asked I send it before they give price and then Dr will know whether to accept me or nt. I will be due in Nov. but hope to travel 5 or 6wks before EDD ie @ 33 or 34wks.
- Do you know any obgyn Dr. and hospitals around this axis that are affordable and easily accepts foreign patients?

You can google up Bon secour de Paul hospitals! You may find a dr affiliated with them
And so on. I didn't use them because I discovered them late but it may work out for you!

Good luck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Christine77: 7:05am On Jul 10, 2017
If your husband resides in the US why has he not filed for you? It probably seemed weird to the VO..... Especially if you've been married for @least a year

Gorgeousmum:
Thanks alot for your response,guess I should just forget about reapplying for now then...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by SleekFullah(f): 9:21am On Jul 10, 2017
Hi, in response to your question I'll advise you wait until you're pregnant before applying since your intention is to go have your baby in the US.... I found out about NL in 2014 through a friend, I wasn't pregnant then so I just took my time reading through. 2017 Gbam e happen... Lol, and that was when I applied for my visa... Told the VO I was going for delivery and got it... No documents were checked sef... She only asked me questions. I'll share my story soon.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by SleekFullah(f): 9:26am On Jul 10, 2017
[quote author=Budding post=58293767]Hello house, am new here and trust me when I say I have basically almost read every page of each thread from thread 1-5..please I have some burning questions

Am about to go for my interview but I have some questions.

1. I am not even pregnant yet or maybe I am cos working on it. So should I go for a normal B1 visa even though I know I will probably use for birthing or i might go for vacation first if need be..am just scared that incase one is refused and maybe the next time i go back am preggy they shouldnt think i lied intentionally? Or just wait till am fully preg so I can apply for the medical. I really dont want to misrepresent my intentions

2. How soon can I apply when pregnant?

3. Can my dad sponsor my trip with his company account or it has to be his personal account? Is this even allowed that its my dad and not my hubby sponsoring me?

4. Maryland is where we have relatives so I intend to use this to apply and probably change to a cheaper destination later.

Hi, in response to your question I'll advise you wait until you're pregnant before applying since your intention is to go have your baby in the US.... I found out about NL in 2014 through a friend, I wasn't pregnant then so I just took my time reading through. 2017 Gbam e happen... Lol, and that was when I applied for my visa... Told the VO I was going for delivery and got it... No documents were checked sef... She only asked me questions. I'll share my story soon.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chijiuche: 10:05am On Jul 10, 2017
Vanekj:
Please can you email me his contact and also details of total cost. So i can also start conversations with him. vanekj03@yahoo.com. I tried to send you a PM but just don't know how that works.

Check your email ....I just shared the doctors correspondence i received with you. Thats for oakbend...hope it will be helpful to you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Budding: 10:33am On Jul 10, 2017
SleekFullah:

Thanks so much..I'll be waiting on your story... God bless ya
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shallypop(f): 10:40am On Jul 10, 2017
Chijiuche:

Check your email ....I just shared the doctors correspondence i received with you. Thats for oakbend...hope it will be helpful to you.
pls which Doctor are u using cos I'm using Oakbend as well. I've been trying to get in touch with Dr Ezekiel since Thursday but she isn't picking her calls. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chijiuche: 12:31pm On Jul 10, 2017
Shallypop:
pls which Doctor are u using cos I'm using Oakbend as well. I've been trying to get in touch with Dr Ezekiel since Thursday but she isn't picking her calls. Thanks

No, I plan using Dr. Fa
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by alabizzzz: 1:41pm On Jul 10, 2017
Hello House,

Is there anyone that has applied for medical visa to give birth in US before from the UK?

Please i need advise because i reside here with my wife for now and i have a feeling the VO might ask my wife that why are you going to the US to give birth when you can give birth here in the UK with good health service.

And the reason why i am doing this now is because if i give birth here, my child cannot get British passport straight away as i am still under work permit visa.

I am very confused please i need your advise based on people experience.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 2:25pm On Jul 10, 2017
alabizzzz:
Hello House,

Is there anyone that has applied for medical visa to give birth in US before from the UK?

Please i need advise because i reside here with my wife for now and i have a feeling the VO might ask my wife that why are you going to the US to give birth when you can give birth here in the UK with good health service.

And the reason why i am doing this now is because if i give birth here, my child cannot get British passport straight away as i am still under work permit visa.

If i were you,I'll just go ahead and tell the vo the truth,ie to give the child a better opportunity in life. Do you really think that most vo's believe the hog wash of "to get better health care" of cause they know it's all for the Amee kpali

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by alabizzzz: 3:03pm On Jul 10, 2017
Babatwi:

If i were you,I'll just go ahead and tell the vo the truth,ie to give the child a better opportunity in life. Do you really think that most vo's believe the hog wash of "to get better health care" of cause they know it's all for the Amee kpali
Babatwi:

I understand your point. thanks please anyone with past experience with applying from the UK?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mandex11: 5:20pm On Jul 10, 2017
hi Nairaland is having issue returning my pm.@Binthere
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shallypop(f): 5:30pm On Jul 10, 2017
Chijiuche:

No, I plan using Dr. Fa
ok. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jay247: 5:36pm On Jul 10, 2017
Good afternoon house,

Thanks a lot for everyone who has contributed in here to help people like us. In the same spirit of those before us, we hereby give a transcript of our success story. This morning, my wife and I were at the embassy and we were given. We applied for a B2 type visa and stated clearly that we were going exclusively for childbirth. My wife’s passport is still a virgin (at least until today), and the last time I was out of the shores of this country was 8 years ago. So basically, our case was a No/Stale travel history kind. In the end, it went very well. We give all the glory to God. Not as little as one document was requested for sighting. Not even doctor’s correspondence.

Below is our transcript:

VO: Good morning...
Wife and I: Good morning
VO: Can I have your passport?
Wife and I: passed it to her
VO: ASked if we were married
Wife and I: Responded yes
VO: For how long?
Wife and I: 1 year & 7 months
VO: (nods and said okay)
VO perused my passport... saw Shenghen visa and asked what I went to do in France
I responded. (The program I went for in France was sponsored by the company I now work for)
VO: Asked if I work for the company
DH: I responded yes
VO: Asked what I do for the Company
DH: I responded
VO: How long have I worked for the company
DH: I responded 3 years
VO: Asked DW what she does.
DW: Still in school
VO: Asked what course of study
DW: Responded
VO: Asked what year at the moment
DW: Responded
VO: Asked where we are going in the US
Wife and I: Richmond, Texas
VO: Asked what we were going to Texas for
Wife and I: To welcome our first baby
VO: Wow so you are pregnant. That's good. When is your EDD?
DW: November, 2017
VO: (nods and types)
VO: Asked how much will the trip cost us
DW: About $13,645
VO: (nods and types and perused my passport again looking at the date this time)
VO: Asked that didn't I say I've only worked for three years?
DH: I said yes.
VO: Asked how come I traveled in 2008 with the same company I worked for
DH: I explained that the company sponsored me as an undergraduate to the school in France
VO: Nods and said now it made sense to her
VO: Turned again to my wife and asked to confirm that we said we didn't have kids yet
Wife and I: Confirmed yes
VO: ASked how long we were staying?
DW: Replied me 3 weeks, her 2 months
VO: Asked again what my jobrole was
DH: Responded again
Vo: Nods and typed for a while, then looked up, smiled, picked up the white paper and circle the pickup location and asked us to pick up visa in 3 days and that was it.

Thanks a lot, my e-family.

I justifiably say the key to a successful interview is getting everything right in the form. The decision to give or not to give will be mostly based on the information provided in your application. The interview is just to justify if their decision to give or not to give is correct.

The lady in window four gave about 8 persons ahead of us reject until our turn. I wanted her to interview us cos she was patient with her guest. And from the responses people gave to her questions, you can just tell that they didn’t merit it. So it’s good to know your onions well, answer confidently, and don’t mince words or show self-doubt when answering any question.

Most importantly, rely on God for favour. Trust that he can do it for you no matter what’s happening around you.

Thanks again, my great e-family.
God bless you all.

Any October/November Houston/Texas bound mom in the room, please inbox jaybaba208@gmail.com let’s connect.

21 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Binthere: 5:36pm On Jul 10, 2017
Mandex11:
hi Nairaland is having issue returning my pm.@Binthere

I received your return email. I have just responded. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by goobyparks(f): 6:56pm On Jul 10, 2017
Momo13:

I'm not sure there's a way around sending your medical history.. if you're registered at a hospital here in naija and have been attending antenatal then just request for your medical history. When you get it, send the fax. Or simply scan it to your host ( if you're gonna stay with family/ friends) and they'll get it done.

Good idea. Thanks a bunch
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oadeyeye: 6:59pm On Jul 10, 2017
my first US visa b1/b2 was 2011 and i applied from the uk while studying, the interview is the same everywhere, just be honest.
if i were the one in your shoes, i would apply for b1/b2 and say we are going on vacation, if you have a good job(good professional UK job) currently I want to believe they will give you, if its just a minimum wage job they might think you are going for greener pastures, but then miracles do happen.
Good luck

alabizzzz:
Hello House,

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MamaOO: 7:15pm On Jul 10, 2017
oadeyeye:
my first US visa b1/b2 was 2011 and i applied from the uk while studying, the interview is the same everywhere, just be honest.
if i were the one in your shoes, i would apply for b1/b2 and say we are going on vacation, if you have a good job(good professional UK job) currently I want to believe they will give you, if its just a minimum wage job they might think you are going for greener pastures, but then miracles do happen.
Good luck

So you're encouraging them to lie undecided undecided For what reason?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Beautyaddy: 7:18pm On Jul 10, 2017
oadeyeye:
Good luck

You see that you are contradicting yourself. You are telling him to be honest to the VO during the interview but yet you are also telling him to tell his wife to lie to the Visa Officer that she is going for vacation to the US when her real intentions is to give birth. That's not good. angry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 10, 2017
Hello people, quick one please Qatar airways 23 hours layover is there going to be hotel accommodation
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by goobyparks(f): 8:45pm On Jul 10, 2017
babythug:

You can google up Bon secour de Paul hospitals! You may find a dr affiliated with them
And so on. I didn't use them because I discovered them late but it may work out for you!

Good luck

Thanks a lot. Already checking them out.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 9:22pm On Jul 10, 2017
oadeyeye:
Good luck

smh
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 9:36pm On Jul 10, 2017
From what I understand, birthing centre are very cheap and from my little understanding, no VO would grant you a visa for using one as they expect you to come spend good money in their country and a birth centre is the opposite of that.

Lets now assume you got the visa and you use the birthing center, should there be any complications you would be taken to the affiliate hospital where you would treated as an emergency patient and you'd have to pay from your nose as that wont come cheap.

And during dropbox-a process of renewing your visa when it expires, you may be lucky not to be asked for the receipt of payment at your child's' birthing. When you present a birthing center receipt, they'd just refuse you.

My explanation may not be clear enough as i hope veterans here would have cleared it out for you.
[quote author=alafefeyeye post=58296483][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nozzle(m): 9:47pm On Jul 10, 2017
anyone willing to share? 2 bedroom apartment just a stone throw to Houston northwest!
if you're Houston bound this July using Houston northwest, pm me pls!
My wife needs a room mate
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by goobyparks(f): 10:51pm On Jul 10, 2017
babythug:

Good luck

I googled and contacted hospitals and Drs. in Virginia, d total prices I was getting are not dat cheap oo . The cheaper ones were btw 7200 and 8000 (Dr and hosp only. Excluding tests, paed, epi, etc.)
For VD, Bon Secours is 4200, De Paul charged 5000 .
While d Dr. Offices were charging:
Centre for women health - 3425 (1st visit & delivery only)
Colonial Obgyn - 3200 (same)
Tpmg - 3000 (incl test too)
Women care centre - 2570 (incl test) - affl to De Paul.

Pls does anyone know a cheaper alternative ? Especially for Dr.
Pls help a sister !
goobyparks@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sugah: 11:25pm On Jul 10, 2017
chloe7:
Hello people, quick one please Qatar airways 23 hours layover is there going to be hotel accommodation
Qatar and Emirates provide accommodation for layover in excess of 8hours
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by inizo: 11:42pm On Jul 10, 2017
Gorgeousmum:
A transcript on how my interview went
VO: good morning
Me:good morning and hands in passport
VO:what are you going to do in the US?
Me: Am pregnant and I want to go and give birth in the US
VO:what do you do
Me: I work as a sales representative for **** company
Vo:what does your husband do
Me: He's a medical practitioner at***
Vo: where's your husband
Me:He resides in the US
Vo: why is he not filing for you
Me: gave him the reason why
Vo:How long have you been married
Me:told him and he kept typing away and next thing was a green paper.stayed truthful all the way and very straight with my answers,i wana reapply ASAP,what do you think went wrong,help please,thanks.

that answer holds they kkey to understanding why,but DH is meant to file for you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 6:16am On Jul 11, 2017
freshdad:
From what I understand, birthing centre are very cheap and from my little understanding, no VO would grant you a visa for using one as they expect you to come spend good money in their country and a birth centre is the opposite of that.

Lets now assume you got the visa and you use the birthing center, should there be any complications you would be taken to the affiliate hospital where you would treated as an emergency patient and you'd have to pay from your nose as that wont come cheap.

And during dropbox-a process of renewing your visa when it expires, you may be lucky not to be asked for the receipt of payment at your child's' birthing. When you present a birthing center receipt, they'd just refuse you.

My explanation may not be clear enough as i hope veterans here would have cleared it out for you.

Gbam! You have said it all,nothing to add.
To further test the waters,those interested in using birthing centers can apply for medical visa and tell VO during interview that they plans to use birthing centre,lets see if they will get the visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.