Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (976511 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Suzyt: 2:53pm On Aug 09, 2017
Ok. Rules for multiples are different. Ask your agent. Im sure you can request a wheel chair service.
Senatornuella:

I am going to be 27weekgestational age with twin babies at the time of my travel. Again, is a wheel needed cos when I travel with Lufthansa, the walk at Frankfurt no be here
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Uchesworld: 3:09pm On Aug 09, 2017
Senatornuella:

I am going to be 27weekgestational age with twin babies at the time of my travel. Again, is a wheel needed cos when I travel with Lufthansa, the walk at Frankfurt no be here

You should be able to request a wheelchair. Just check the status of your ticket online and have that included or contact your agent if you got the ticket via a travel agent. I travelled with wheelchair for both single and multiple pregnancies. Although I used BA and Turkish airlines. So it shouldn't be a big deal because walking dat long from terminal to terminal is risky for multiple pregnancy.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shirley013: 3:12pm On Aug 09, 2017
Greetings to everyone. Please I need an advice from Houston mama's.
1. I am planning to use HNWMC and using Dr Xydas. Please where should I get my accommodation close too, hospital or doctor office.
2. Please which budget friendly accommodation will you advice I use regarding answer to question 1.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 3:28pm On Aug 09, 2017
You might want to google the procedures so as to know the differences and or similarities.
Or how you see am.
SuperDad:
That's nice to know. So I guess for people who want to get theirs done in the US, asking if it's the "Gomco Clamp" method may be fairly good guide. The method commonly used in Nigeria is "Plastibel". Who knows, they may just be same in principle with different names.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Senatornuella: 3:42pm On Aug 09, 2017
Suzyt:
Ok. Rules for multiples are different. Ask your agent. Im sure you can request a wheel chair service.

Okay thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by SuperDad: 3:43pm On Aug 09, 2017
chibertha:
You might want to google the procedures so as to know the differences and or similarities.
Or how you see am.

I agree 100%!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Senatornuella: 3:47pm On Aug 09, 2017
[quote author=Uchesworld post=59305999]

You should be able to request a wheelchair. Just check the status of your ticket online and have that included or contact your agent if you got the ticket via a travel agent. I travelled with wheelchair for both single and multiple pregnancies. Although I used BA and Turkish airlines. So it shouldn't be a big deal because walking dat long from terminal to terminal is risky for multiple pregnancy.

Noted. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Senatornuella: 3:53pm On Aug 09, 2017
Lawyer123:
You can have it done when you come back to Nigeria,I had my son's done a month after he got back and he was very fine.

At what age was he when your son got his in Nigeria
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by veleta: 4:44pm On Aug 09, 2017
@Shirnney 13,thanks a lot.please which year did you use them cos they gave me a quote of $1623/month.thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by veleta: 4:46pm On Aug 09, 2017
@Feddy27,they are doing great,thanks.hope everyone is OK?sent you a pm,hope its working now cos last time I checked it wasn't working
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 7:10pm On Aug 09, 2017
customised87:
Hello all! The next available date to notorise consent form at the embassy is Aug 22 and I am supposed to travel back to Nig on Aug 28. What do I do pls cause I was just told that Dallas passport agency won't accept one notorised outside the embassy.
Kindly advise me pls!

An update on this!
Dallas passport agency actually accepts any consent form,whether notarized at the US embassy or by a notary public.
For those that may not get desired appointment dates at the embassy.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 7:21pm On Aug 09, 2017
Senatornuella:

Please where did you get the Qatar expectant mother's form been searching the internet for it. Thank you
Just Google Qatar medif form and print the paged out.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 7:23pm On Aug 09, 2017
biolarh:
Pls house,after baby document like ssn,birth certificat and pali
Wat next do I need to do to board her on plan with me
Pls share ideas

Call ur airline and add the baby to your ticket
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shanny13: 7:56pm On Aug 09, 2017
veleta:
@Shirnney 13,thanks a lot.please which year did you use them cos they gave me a quote of $1623/month.thanks
i used them from Jan2nd to 26th March 2016. I think u shld go in person tell them u were referred by a hospital .the initial cost I saw online was $1400 monthly but I went in person and spoke to d manager tld him I was a patient of northside n I was staying for 3 months he came down to $996.all of he best

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by veleta: 9:01pm On Aug 09, 2017
@Shirnney 13,thanks dear,I sincerely appreciate.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Pompoms(f): 10:38pm On Aug 09, 2017
Pompoms:
Hello everyone.
I'm planning on having my baby in Texas ( El paso or Oakbend,Houston) later in the year. My husband and elder sister are my sponsors, as I don't work.

Has anyone had this experience (having co-sponsors)? How do I present this at the embassy? As I know I can't move a bulk sum of money into one account. And is it advisable I go with my 2 toddlers? Thank you all!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by davsquared: 1:13am On Aug 10, 2017
SuperDad:
Really? Wow! shocked
I had the options of either form A or using a USD card, I'd probably do the card and avoid the hassles.
Thanks for this key info @Davsquared!

Did you use Dr V. A. as well?

I didnt use Dr V.A. it was Dr. K. Godwin of North Atlanta Ob-gyn. Different practice.

@kristinbaby , I see SuperDad has responded to your enquiry . You can contact them through the numbers on their website (use google). You will have to pre-register on their site sha.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 1:39am On Aug 10, 2017
boluwagin:
Hello Mama's and Papas,

Please I need an opinion on something, Bankers in the house please help out... I need to open an account for my LO, I heard one of the requirement is LO birth certificate which has be the issued in Nigeria. And I think it would be contradictory to get another done for him here in Nigeria. Don't know if anyone has been in this situation before, what did you do?

Hello mama, how did you buy your infant ticket on Qatar Airways pls? Been trying to reach them and I am always put on hold till the line goes off. Did u pay at the airport and how much did u pay?
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 5:49am On Aug 10, 2017
Did you buy your tickets directly from them ?
If yes call every number you lay hands on on the website
US number, Doha ,Nigeria.
If not then contact the agent who sold you the ticket.
You just have to be persistent in this.
Do the earlier for emails too.

customised87:

Hello mama, how did you buy your infant ticket on Qatar Airways pls? Been trying to reach them and I am always put on hold till the line goes off. Did u pay at the airport and how much did u pay?
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by SleekFullah(f): 6:12am On Aug 10, 2017
SO LONG A POST....
Hi guys, how are we all doing? In the spirit of giving back, here we go.....

So sometime in May this year, I applied for a B1/B2 visa, scheduled an appointment and went for my interview in Abuja. Below is what transpired between yours truly and the VO

Me hi good morning
VO good morning can I please have your passport... I hand passport over to her..
VO. So what are you going to do in Texas?
Me.. I'm going to have my baby.
VO... Do you have a hospital/doctL 0r?
Me... Yes... She goes on to ask me for the name of the hospital and doctor and how I heard about them.
Me.. A friend used the hospital and doctor and I also did my own extensive research via google and liked the reviews I read about the doctor.
VO... Do you have kids?
Me.. Yes
VO... How many of them and what are their ages?... I tell her
VO... Whose gonna take care of them while you're away?
Me.... My husband and younger sister.
VO... How much do you have?
Me... For the delivery or for the entire trip?
VO... For the entire trip
Me... Bleep dollars
VO... How much do you have in your account?
Me... Bleep amount in nairas.
VO... Have you travelled out of Nigeria before?
Me... Yap... Goes ahead to mention countries I have travelled to...
VO... What does your husband do?... I tell her...
VO... What company does he work for?... I tell her
VO... Where will you be staying?... Told her.
Types... Types... Types...
VO... Congratulations your visa has been granted... Proceeds to hand over the white form to me while advising me to be sure I don't accept medic aid and to pay all my bills and ensure I get all of my receipts and keep them intact. No documents were checked plus I noticed Abuja visa office ain't smiling anymore. About four people were denied right in front of me and their documents were not checked. Lesson I learnt? Ensure you fill out your forms yourself so that you can go ahead and answer confidently when asked random questions. And if you're not sure of a question when asked please be bold enough to ask for clarification.

So afterwards I went ahead to book my flight.... British Airways... Booked premium economy so as to have enough leg space... I must say BA was wow!!! I left naija first week of August through MMIA, had my fit to fly from my doctor... I wasn't sent to port health... All I was asked to do was make a photocopy of my fit to fly and I gave them a copy... Was checked in and I moved to the waiting area for my flight.... From Lagos to Heathrow I was sick on the plane... Threw up, was shivering, couldn't eat... Cabin crew was awesome! The manager asked that I should be transferred to business class!!! I kid you not! I was able to stretch well and slept throughout the flight... Woke up 30mins to touch down at Heathrow... I felt better and refreshed... Had a 4hour wait then took off to Houston.... Flight was cool... Cabin crew pampered me... Gave me extra of whatever I asked for (food/drink) Lol.. gave me a bottle of water to keep with me so I don't have to keep walking to and fro to ask for water. In all BA was awesome and I thank God.

We touched down in Houston at 2:15pm
local time... I had requested for wheel chair service and they were right there waiting at the door of the aircraft... Thank God I did cause I was wheeled straight to the front of the queue. Hmmmm my people!!! Can you believe that when I got to the CBP officer he asked me the exact same questions the VO in abuja asked me!!! Questions I was asked 3months ago oooo! Yes not every single question but majority of it... I answered him and we got gisting... He asked me if I knew why naija pregnant women were deported sometimes and I said yes... He asked me to tell him and I went ahead, he teased me about my husband not coming along with me and then he advised me to make sure I collect all of my receipts... He said they're not so interested in seeing letters stating bills have been paid.. That what they want to see are receipts... He stamped me in for six months, did not send me to agric even though I had foodstuffs which I listed on my landing card plus the amount of cash I had on me. I was wheeled to baggage claim, got my bags and off to my apartment which I got via soul care concierge.... So waiting for my baby to pop whilst doing some necessary things after settling down.... Lessons learnt... Be open, be straight forward, it isn't illegal to have your baby in the USA provided you can afford it and like I said please always endeavour to fill out your visa forms by yourself... You never know what questions you'd be asked! Sorry for the very long post... Didn't want to do a piece meal post. God bless you all, good luck to the mamas going for their visas, congratulations to those who have gotten theirs, safe flight to those preparing to join us here and welcome to those who are just arriving or who have just arrived.... Least I forget I'm using Dr La... WHMC... already had my first appointment with him and he's bae�

31 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 7:52am On Aug 10, 2017
SleekFullah:
SO LONG A POST....

So sometime in May this year, I applied for a B1/B2 visa, scheduled an appointment and went for my interview in Abuja. Below is what transpired between yours truly and the VO

Nice to read this " in the spirit of giving back" haven't read much of these lately
Pls people should endeavor to write their visa interviews and poe transcripts,that's one of the ways people can learn from us and we will also be moving the thread forward.Let's not be tired of doing this. Some other people on this thread were selfless in doing this,that was how we were able to learn,so you should be able to give back too if you have benefited one way or the other from this thread. Thanks and God bless.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Hamdat55: 8:44am On Aug 10, 2017
Good Morning House, Please i need your assistance on this.
I am filling DS-160 form for my wife and daughter now, she want to give birth in US, we have nobody she will stay with, she will rent a temporary accommodation (in town).

Please at the section "Contact address in US" should i put the hospital address since i can't make reservation now, if yes what about my daughter, will i also use hospital address for her? thanks a lot.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kristinbaby: 8:46am On Aug 10, 2017
Ok thank you. Do I have to pay any deposit to the hospital?

davsquared:

I didnt use Dr V.A. it was Dr. K. Godwin of North Atlanta Ob-gyn. Different practice.

@kristinbaby , I see SuperDad has responded to your enquiry . You can contact them through the numbers on their website (use google). You will have to pre-register on their site sha.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 10, 2017
Good day. Pls I need your advice on my issue. Had a successful interview in June and after that we realized wife was 10 weeks pregnant. (we were not sure because of some pills she used which the doctor said could affect her monthly period. This is our first issue after 5 years of coming together). The issue now is that the visa is tourist visa and no question about pregnancy was asked during interview. We have the plan of giving birth in US and how due date is November. How do you think we can go about it to avoid being turned back. Also, we plan to stay in an hotel in Houston. Please your candid advise would be appreciated.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 10:51am On Aug 10, 2017
veleta:
@Fed..dy27,they are doing great,thanks.hope everyone is OK?sent you a pm,hope its working now cos last time I checked it wasn't working

seen. check your mail
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 10, 2017
No not necessarily X2. some of them charge a fixed fee once you mention VBAC.. e,\.g DR Plavidal charged me about $4k and Dr Karsan's charge is about $3k. cos they already know it might end in a CS. they tell you if it ends as a CS you pay the difference in hospitals fees cos you will have a longer stay and might have used some form of intervention: epidural and anyother which you didn't pay for earlier.

Vlesparza:

Doctors charge more for VBAC as well. Typically more expensive than what they would charge for CS. Not uncommon for the price to be the cost of CS x 2.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shrekandfiona: 11:58am On Aug 10, 2017
SleekFullah:
SO LONG A POST....

congrats dear kiss
This is the kind of feedback that made this thread very educative.

Now all we see is "pls pm me, can i pm you?" asking repetitive questions of which answers are even in the quoted posts cheesy

Not wanting to research and give a feedback in return to grow the thread...

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by babythug(f): 12:03pm On Aug 10, 2017
customised87:

Thanks

It may be easier to add the infant from Nigeria. Speak with your agent or someone can go on your behalf to thier office to sort that.

It worked for me that way but this was 2016!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shrekandfiona: 12:04pm On Aug 10, 2017
diranseun:
Good day. Pls I need your advice on my issue. Had a successful interview in June and after that we realized wife was 10 weeks pregnant. (we were not sure because of some pills she used which the doctor said could affect her monthly period. This is our first issue after 5 years of coming together). The issue now is that the visa is tourist visa and no question about pregnancy was asked during interview. We have the plan of giving birth in US and how due date is November. How do you think we can go about it to avoid being turned back. Also, we plan to stay in an hotel in Houston. Please your candid advise would be appreciated.
I am sorry I don't have any advice for you.

I just want to point out your lies. You couldn't have been 10 weeks gone in June and due in November. You were 4 months pregnant in June Sir/Ma.

You are welcome lipsrsealed

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shrekandfiona: 12:07pm On Aug 10, 2017
customised87:

Thanks
mail your ticket to someone in Naija. The person will go to their office for you and add your infant to yours in their Naija office. Easier and cheaper that way.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by showstopa: 1:07pm On Aug 10, 2017
shrekandfiona:

I am sorry I don't have any advice for you.

I just want to point out your lies. You couldn't have been 10 weeks gone in June and due in November. You were 4 months pregnant in June Sir/Ma.

You are welcome lipsrsealed

If baby is due 30th November(EDD is just EDD), conception happened around 9th March, give or take so ,if interview day was 1st June, pregnancy was 12 weeks, give or take a week. Just saying. Before you start calling someone a liar without any evidence

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.