Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (372) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (979290 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dere5: 4:58pm On Nov 04, 2017
goobyparks:
Pls house, Is it possible to bring back a baby to Nigeria and then do d baby's US passport in Nigeria. (A woman did this abt 8yrs ago wen custom stamped just one month stay for her.) Dunno if it's still possible now.
In my case I was stamped in for 3months. So I have jst 3/4weeks to process baby's papers. It takes abt 3wks to get BC alone in Virginia nt to talk of passport

Won't it come out if you keep calling them everyday?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Supernaturalone: 5:22pm On Nov 04, 2017
Download southwest mobile app and use that instead, for your booking.

ogemele:
Pls who knows how to book domestic flights from.naija. southwest airlines to be precise. Am trying to book but it keep showing access denied message.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drI: 5:43pm On Nov 04, 2017
goobyparks:

But there is a place in d passport application form that asks for SSN.

yes there is.but like I said earlier you will be given a form to fill at the immigration that States that you 've not got it yet and that surfices. I am talking from personal experience.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by JDQueen: 5:49pm On Nov 04, 2017
ogemele:
Pls who knows how to book domestic flights from.naija. southwest airlines to be precise. Am trying to book but it keep showing access denied message.

Another option is to book using Expedia.com

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dere5: 8:23pm On Nov 04, 2017
Supernaturalone:

Thanks for this info,most appreciated o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ogemele(m): 8:31pm On Nov 04, 2017
Supernaturalone:

Thks alot.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Petdaughter: 9:53pm On Nov 04, 2017
ogemele:

Download the VPN app on your phone to mask your IP address and voila!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fola62: 10:40pm On Nov 04, 2017
databasecareers:

I would like to share please

I would like to share.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by borryworld: 10:56pm On Nov 04, 2017
drI:

you actually don't need the SSN for the passport. you only need the BC. you did be given a form to sign staying that you've not been given the SSN.
I think the SSN is now compulsory for processing the US passport. I was shown a copy of the new directive to the Post Office. BTW, SSN do not take that long ( 2 to 3 weeks for Houston Texas).
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by borryworld: 11:01pm On Nov 04, 2017
goobyparks:
Pls house, Is it possible to bring back a baby to Nigeria and then do d baby's US passport in Nigeria. (A woman did this abt 8yrs ago wen custom stamped just one month stay for her.) Dunno if it's still possible now.
In my case I was stamped in for 3months. So I have jst 3/4weeks to process baby's papers. It takes abt 3wks to get BC alone in Virginia nt to talk of passport
If you can get the Nigerian Passport , it is enough for the LO. However, you will still need the BC for the Nigerian passport but this will save you from VISA to Naija. You will also need the BC for the US passport in future.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 2:33am On Nov 05, 2017
You can try studio 6 or intown suites. Studio 6 is $296 thereabout per week

Vivy01:
Hi I’m a newbie in the house, I’m also looking to get accommodation in Houston for early next year. Also haven’t had much luck with Airbnb and google searches turned quite expensive. Please I’m interested if you find any info that might help or if you be willing to share an apartment.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by BootyliciousHon: 9:26am On Nov 05, 2017
Well, my very recent experience in Melbourne Fl...no agency will do the passport processing without the SSN. I had to go to the main passport office in Miami...to even qualify for expedited in Miami you must meet certain criteria:
1. You are travelling within 2 weeks
2. You require a visa to travel within 4 weeks
3. You MUST present proof of travel for infant
I was travelling in 3 weeks but then needed a visa...went to Miami and got it same day after a few hours of wait. Had my baby Oct 17 and i still havent gotten his SSN.

drI:

yes there is.but like I said earlier you will be given a form to fill at the immigration that States that you 've not got it yet and that surfices. I am talking from personal experience.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by BootyliciousHon: 9:36am On Nov 05, 2017
Sorry, just seeing this. My hospital is in Melbourne Fl and not Orlando...though their prices are pretty much same. So far Hospital alone for CS is 7011USD. Doctors fee is 2005USD. Paeditrician...1st visit is 80usd, subsequent follow up is 40usd (if the baby is aick then its 60usd). Hearing test was 326usd, i asked if theres a discount and paid 244usd...
From what i have observed so far Melbourne and certain places in Florida are not used to birth tourism so you may not get an organised birth package like hospitals in Houston...am still observing tho.

Reine22:

Hello, please you haven't responded to my earlier request on the hospital you used and the cost breakdown for Orlando. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by BootyliciousHon: 9:39am On Nov 05, 2017
I dont know if this is still relevant but i didnt submit my fit to fly at their office. I had it with me at the airport and was asked for it at check in. The air hostesses also asked to see it when i boarded the aircraft.
Sorry but i just saw your message hence the late reply

Lanifat84:
Hello @bootyliciousHon
Please when you travelled at 34 weeks with emirate , did you submit the fit to fly at their office days before or while you were checking in ?
Thanks
Because I called the customer care line and was told they are only bothered with fit to fly if you are traveling at 36 weeks and above . Just wanted to be sure o before they give me another story while checking in
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by BootyliciousHon: 9:43am On Nov 05, 2017
Yes she had her own seat as she was 3+ years. Emirates gives lots of toys but she only used the coloured pencils and activity book outsidr the plane. Lol! She was very cooperative though and slept most of the flight. When she wasnt sleeping she was either watching boss baby on Emirates ICE or interrogating the man on the seat next to hers grin. In all she was pretty occupied all thru the flight

goobyparks:

Thank God for journey mercies.

Pls how did u manage with your toddler in the plane. He had his own seat I guess?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by BootyliciousHon: 9:49am On Nov 05, 2017
I used Holmes Regional Medical Centre, Melbourne Fl.
For their charges...its in my last 3 posts i think. I must say its pricey compared to other popular states here. Waiting to get all my bills before posting a summary to aid others who plan to use Melbourne in future.

Reine22:
[BootyliciousHon
...so now we have a sample of orlando

Please what hospitals and doctors did you correspond with? What are their charges?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Olawunmii: 10:51am On Nov 05, 2017
Please how do I reach you.
Currently in Houston and in need of accomodation
debby516:
angry shocked , Nerf is preggy?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fola62: 1:57pm On Nov 05, 2017
Hello House,

Any elpaso bound mother interested in sharing apartment
Im looking at December / January
Kindly reply asap

Thank You
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dwebb55: 2:56pm On Nov 05, 2017
goobyparks:

It is possible but if you put effort in you can get the passport in 3 weeks. Once the BC is in, drive to the passport office in Washington, get there early and do express. Explain your circumstances to the officer and your passport should be ready in 2 days. That's what we did although we had booked for our appointment before the BC came out but found out we could have walked in if we'd been there very early

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by JDQueen: 3:20pm On Nov 05, 2017
fola62:
Hello House,

Any elpaso bound mother interested in sharing apartment
Im looking at December / January
Kindly reply asap

Thank You

Am Elpaso bound for December but using a lodge.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Vivy01: 4:53pm On Nov 05, 2017
Thanks a lot

Uniquezuri:
You can try studio 6 or intown suites. Studio 6 is $296 thereabout per week

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by gratefulalways: 5:06pm On Nov 05, 2017
Please how does this work?

Petdaughter:

Download the VPN app on your phone to mask your IP address and voila!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oyibo4real: 5:17pm On Nov 05, 2017
This recent denial in dropbox renewal is not funny anymore, we need to sit up and do things the right way. I can still remember my experience during my first Visa application. The agent my hubby was using insisted I should conceal my pregnancy, if not we'll be denied cos our passports were all Virgins. But Based on what I've been reading/hearing on nairaland, I insisted I MUST say the truth, despite the fact that our DS 160 had already been filled for bussiness/tourism purpose. The agent got angry and said we shouldn't blame her if our visas were not granted, infact she practically ''hands off"(cos according to her, my 'i too know' was becoming unbearable, besides she had collected her full agency fee). I continued from where she stopped, and noted all the mistakes she made on our forms. On the day of interview, the moment the VO asked our purpose of travelling, I reported mysef sharperly that we're all going for my birthing/vacation n the VO was SURPRISED cos she never knew I was pregnant. Our visas were granted without drilling of any kind( infact I still believe/know we got it cos of my honesty)

Fast forward to 2nd week of September this year, we did our dropbox renewal, four of us again (myself, hubby, my bro in law of 19 yrs n our 3yr old son) and we were all given without being called for interview of any sort cos I applied for B2 this time.( I filled all the forms myself and also scheduled the appointment without paying any shishi to any agent)

The summary of this my long talk is the need to say the truth at all times. Even if you get denied, there's this joy/satisfaction u feel within you that at least you did your best, you'll be proud n bold to reapply again without fear. Infact i personally would prefer to fill B2 for business/tourism so that it'll be noted in their system that i may still use the visa for medical purpose if the need arises in the future. (Of course i'll explain myself during the interview). The idea of applying twice within 2yrs just to declare another intention that wasn't formerly stated, hmmmm; I can't deal.

I know someone will learn one or two things from this. My 2cents though, #okbye

17 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fola62: 5:47pm On Nov 05, 2017
JDQueen:

Am Elpaso bound for December but using a l6odge.

Oh great. Can we hook up
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by JDQueen: 6:12pm On Nov 05, 2017
fola62:

Oh great. Can we hook up

Lets chat via email.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by AroOkigbo(m): 7:23pm On Nov 05, 2017
Petdaughter:
Pls are there any LA or California moms for Feb/March let me know. Thank you
Here. ..wify is a feb expectant. got her visa recently but a b1/b2. we didn't declare birthing. it's getting scary reading the consequences. Planned to go by end of Dec..we can't go back to the embassy. thinking of how best to go thru POE. .any advice? have you chosen an airline?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by JAZES(m): 11:27pm On Nov 05, 2017
AroOkigbo:

Here. ..wify is a feb expectant. got her visa recently but a b1/b2. we didn't declare birthing. it's getting scary reading the consequences. Planned to go by end of Dec..we can't go back to the embassy. thinking of how best to go thru POE. .any advice? have you chosen an airline?

just have your doc correspondence, write to embassy to get the generic reply and have enough funds to show proof that you can foot d bills and believe in God for d rest.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dwebb55: 12:52am On Nov 06, 2017
JAZES:

just have your doc correspondence, write to embassy to get the generic reply and have enough funds to show proof that you can foot d bills and believe in God for d rest.

I believe the best route is to reschedule for another appointment and come clean. The generic reply seems to be worthless now and I won't advise your wife to put through all the stress of traveling and getting there only to be turned back. There's a likely hood she might get through without this but I'm all for coming clean and taking your chances here rather than getting embarrassed in another man's land. My two cents though

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ginnny: 1:52am On Nov 06, 2017
Quin17:
Any richmond virginiap, Jan 18 mums to be, lets connect.

Hello, pls check your mail

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.