Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Pls Help: My Father Just Lost Over 700k! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pls Help: My Father Just Lost Over 700k! (25305 Views)

I Killed My Neighbour For Disrespecting My Father [photo] / My Father Warned Me Not to Get Involved in Cyber Crime – ‘Yahoo Boy’. Photos / My Father Gives Me N500 Each Time He Sleeps With Me, 15-yr-old Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help: My Father Just Lost Over 700k! by auxyn1: 1:44pm On Oct 30, 2016
Pls help
How can i go abt this

my dad was jst scammed of almost 700k right nw by some1 with this number 08146196707

He was sent a fraudulent bank email. Which responded and called the contact number which pretended to be bank customer care.

He was convinced to fill out a form in the email and that was how he strted receiving alert.

We have called the bank customer care and they have blocked the acct and said they'll investigate and also said the one of the withdrawals was traced to a sterling bamk acct.

pls wat more can we do, pls any idea from anybody pls

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pls Help: My Father Just Lost Over 700k! by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:51pm On Oct 30, 2016
auxyn1:
Pls help
How can i go abt this

my dad was jst scammed of almost 700k right nw by some1 with this number 08146196707

He was sent a fraudulent bank email. Which responded and called the contact number which pretended to be bank customer care.

He was convinced to fill out a form in the email and that was how he strted receiving alert.

We have called the bank customer care and they have blocked the acct and said they'll investigate and also said the one of the withdrawals was traced to a sterling bamk acct.

Lalastica front page pls

Now you take your dad to a doctor, ensure they check his BP and if high get prescription to keep the BP normal. You wouldn't want a double tragedy would you?

211 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pls Help: My Father Just Lost Over 700k! by crisycent: 1:51pm On Oct 30, 2016
The bitter truth is that nothing can be done. The money don go.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help: My Father Just Lost Over 700k! by dominique(f): 2:21pm On Oct 30, 2016
Your dad should have consulted anyone around him before going ahead to fill such form. I have been receiving such fraudulent e-mail for over 10 years, it never occurred to me that someone could still fall for such old format of scamming. I'm afraid but I don't think your dad can get his money back.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help: My Father Just Lost Over 700k! by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 30, 2016
It is possible the fund can be traced and recovered
Had some issues when I changed my number and someone that bought the recycled sim was recharging his phone with the sim GTB
I complained and got refunded guess it was about 12K
Fingers crossed maybe something can be done

8 Likes

Re: Pls Help: My Father Just Lost Over 700k! by auxyn1: 2:45pm On Oct 30, 2016
Lomantics:
It is possible the fund can be traced and recovered
Had some issues when I changed my number and someone that bought the recycled sim was recharging his phone with the sim GTB
I complained and got refunded guess it was about 12K
Fingers crossed maybe something can be done
I really hope so. Thanks

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pls Help: My Father Just Lost Over 700k! by HtwoOw: 2:51pm On Oct 30, 2016
Still got a scam mail these fuckerz Diamond Bank phising page, I clicked saw the design and reported to Google for phising

Anyways, bank transfers shouldn't be authorized without tokens, that's why I use quickteller most of the time

Call your bank again, call police cyber crime unit

They can trace the receiving account, but it'll probably be a dummy account of another innocent customer whose details was compromised before finally routing to other different banks belonging to thier associates who will be ready with atm card

That money don go, but if you are lucky the perpetrators will be arrested and hopefully something will be recovered

Also take your dad to the nearest hospital to avoid double Wahala, it may seem like mockery but it's a reality, there's nothing else you can do at this point

25 Likes

Re: Pls Help: My Father Just Lost Over 700k! by auxyn1: 2:59pm On Oct 30, 2016
HtwoOw:
Still got a scam mail these fuckerz Diamond Bank phising page, I clicked saw the design and reported to Google for phising

Anyways, bank transfers shouldn't be authorized without tokens, that's why I use quickteller most of the time

Call your bank again, call police cyber crime unit

They can trace the receiving account, but it'll probably be a dummy account of another innocent customer whose details was compromised before finally routing to other different banks belonging to thier associates who will be ready with atm card

That money don go, but if you are lucky the perpetrators will be arrested and hopefully something will be recovered

Also take your dad to the nearest hospital to avoid double Wahala, it may seem like mockery but it's a reality, there's nothing else you can do at this point

Even their arrest alone will be so satisfying

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help: My Father Just Lost Over 700k! by Zdoh(m): 5:49pm On Oct 30, 2016
I thought banks used to inform all customers not to respond to any e-mail or fill online form with their personal bank details? The money can be recovered if banks are to do their investigation diligently.

12 Likes

Re: Pls Help: My Father Just Lost Over 700k! by obajoey(m): 5:52pm On Oct 30, 2016
This is bad mehn.
Re: Pls Help: My Father Just Lost Over 700k! by iamkingzlee(m): 5:52pm On Oct 30, 2016
Odikwa very serious! shocked

I doubt if there's any other thing that can be done at the moment, the bank has blocked the account and that should stop further transactions permanently. Leave the rest for God.

We keep stressing on this same issue, yet people still fall victim. Let's educate ourselves, notwithstanding.. I won't be surprised if it's first bank angry

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: My Father Just Lost Over 700k! by Tjohnnay: 5:53pm On Oct 30, 2016
Oh boi
Re: Pls Help: My Father Just Lost Over 700k! by Vaxt(m): 5:53pm On Oct 30, 2016
Na small pay na

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: My Father Just Lost Over 700k! by sakalisis(m): 5:54pm On Oct 30, 2016
lipsrsealed cry
Re: Pls Help: My Father Just Lost Over 700k! by kwynette(f): 5:54pm On Oct 30, 2016
I wonder how all these fraudster sleep at night?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help: My Father Just Lost Over 700k! by ibroh22(m): 5:54pm On Oct 30, 2016
yeehh!!!! 700k
Re: Pls Help: My Father Just Lost Over 700k! by Clerverly: 5:54pm On Oct 30, 2016
It seems, the guy is a Serial Fraudster, I received the same message from him yesterday, but like other scam texts and email I ignored it.... sad

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help: My Father Just Lost Over 700k! by helphelp: 5:54pm On Oct 30, 2016
Choi...

Pele...always educate the elderly in your family

7 Likes

Re: Pls Help: My Father Just Lost Over 700k! by DLondonboiy: 5:55pm On Oct 30, 2016
Wow..For this buhari period? angry

So much crime these days..

Fraudsters everywhere....

Hunger everywhere...

Tis all part of the change sha

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: My Father Just Lost Over 700k! by VickyRotex(f): 5:55pm On Oct 30, 2016
OMG! Sorry about that.

I get all these bank emails almost everyday, especially from Diamond Bank. And I dont even bank with them.

Anytime I do, I screen grab it and send it to my Family telling them to ignore such emails.

These scammers are just so wicked. How can you say you want to reap, where you did not sow?

Olorun ama fi iya je won o.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help: My Father Just Lost Over 700k! by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 30, 2016
Vaxt:
Na small pay na
Imagine the rubbish you just posted!

15 Likes

Re: Pls Help: My Father Just Lost Over 700k! by orobs93(m): 5:55pm On Oct 30, 2016
It's so painful but sorry to say ur dad was just too secretive about money issues how come nobody knew until dey started withdrawing his money

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help: My Father Just Lost Over 700k! by BrutalJab: 5:56pm On Oct 30, 2016
This one is strong o.
Re: Pls Help: My Father Just Lost Over 700k! by trishapal(f): 5:56pm On Oct 30, 2016
D
Re: Pls Help: My Father Just Lost Over 700k! by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 30, 2016
The poster above me needs some growing up to do.
auxyn1:
Pls help
How can i go abt this

My friend, go to the police, lay the complaints and also obtain a police order to the network provider which would enable them do a sim tracing to who registered the sim and retrieve the person's picture.
Concurrently, work with your banker to trace the receiver's sterling bank account and recover account info from Sterling bank using your police report.
This is not a case for EFCC as the said amount is less than 1million, the police has their limitations but they are your sure bet

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pls Help: My Father Just Lost Over 700k! by Fiwasayo(f): 5:57pm On Oct 30, 2016
.....filled a form online and started getting alerts...sorry,I doubt your dad can get his money back.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: My Father Just Lost Over 700k! by awa(m): 5:58pm On Oct 30, 2016
Na MMM or what?

Hope you reported this matter to the nearest police station before reporting at Nairaland?

Otherwise like Father like Son.... And then, I am not surprised.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help: My Father Just Lost Over 700k! by recievesense: 5:58pm On Oct 30, 2016
Choi
Re: Pls Help: My Father Just Lost Over 700k! by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 30, 2016
Lord protect the elderly from technology...amen.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help: My Father Just Lost Over 700k! by PunterTim(m): 5:58pm On Oct 30, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Now you take your dad to a doctor, ensure they check his BP and if high get prescription to keep the BP normal. You wouldn't want a double tragedy would you?

grin

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Who Killed Husband's Nephew By Flogging Speaks / Drunk Policeman In Benue Shoots Driver, Passengers For Refusing To Greet Him / 50-Year-Old Man Rapes & Impregnates 15-Year-Old Daughter In Gombe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.